Gentle, Please! [boyxboy]

By Wxnderjxxny

Elliot Warren has a chronic disease. It all started back at the end of middle school. He started losing his s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue 01
Epilogue 02

Chapter 15

53.2K 2.3K 897
By Wxnderjxxny

_Chapter 15_

Elliot Warren

"We'll be off, sweetie," Mom pressed a kiss on my cheek, making me cringe instantly. "Make sure to behave, you understand? Take care and don't refuse any help!"

"Mom, I'm not a little child anymore" I rolled my eyes and waved her away in discomfort.

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded.

Today was one of the very few days that my parents drove me to school. And I could see that they were still feeling uneasy about leaving after what happened a couple days ago. The only reason Mom didn't call it off was because she trusted Livia a lot and the business trip was not something she could easily miss out on.

"You'll be fine, right? I left you some money in case you plan to go anywhere. And look at your phone every evening. We'll be calling you," Dad said and ruffled my hair before he helped me get out the car and handed me my school bag.

"Calling once is enough," I huffed in annoyance. Mom was ready to spout another of her worrying words when I stopped her instantly. "It's just two days, relax please. I'll call if anything happens and I don't expect to get poisoned. Now if you don't mind, I'm unwillingly forced to attend class."

She just sighed and put her hands on her hips, shaking her head in disappointment. "Always the same with you." Her voice sounded a little upset and pettish when she get back in the car. Meanwhile, Dad was still staring at me but Mom lost her patience and barked at him to get in. "Hurry we don't want to annoy our oh so grown up child anymore."

Ugh, I flinched at her harsh tone, instantly feeling sorry for my Dad who had to put up with her attitude for the next hours. And by his sigh, I knew he was already prepared for it when he threw an irritated glance at me for causing it. "Take care, okay?"

I nodded and watched him getting in the car. I could see from the windshield how he waved me goodbye while Mom ignored my sight. I just chuckled and shook my head at her childish behavior when I turned in the direction of the schools entrance.

But the moment I actually entered I noticed how everyone was staring at me. And no, I don't mean that 'oh-the-disabled-kid' look, I mean that stare. It made me really uncomfortable and confused.

Did something happened? Did I do anything weird? These stares weren't normal at all. They watched every simple move, just like opening my locker to get a book out, it was frustrating that they even made it so obvious. Some of them even whispered loud enough for me to catch a part of their conversation.

"It's him, right? I can't believe it!" A male voice said.

"Right?! When I saw it, I was mesmerized!" And another one.

"Who is it from? Do you think it was...," This time it was a female. And the most triggering part was that the name she said, was the only thing I couldn't catch up on.

"No, it can't be. I heard they hated each other." Who were they talking about? Was it Ricky? He was the only one in this context that made at least a little bit of sense since I don't associate with others apart from him, Christo and Derek. Maybe some of my classmates here and there but none with a relation ship close enough that could cause such assumptions.

"Hey Elliot!" The sudden greeting startled me when my eyes instinctively landed on Christo who was unusually beaming at me.

"Hey," I frowned, my voice emanating deep suspicion. "You know what is going on here?"

"What do you mean? Did anything happened?" He was definitely playing dumb with me. He knew what was up, especially by how he was grinning. Anyway before I was able to persuade him to tell me anything, the school bell already rang. "I'll see ya," he winked, making me frown even more.

So... I really thought that the staring would eventually find its end by the end of the first few periods I had. But instead they got more intense. What the hell was going on? I wasn't even able to concentrate during class which is when I also decided to question Ricky later at lunch break after this period.

"Have you seen? Obviously it's Elliot, I immediately recognized him."

"Who do you think it's from?"

"Not sure, maybe a secret admirer."

Well, they weren't talking badly. That means I really didn't do anything. At least nothing bad, I suppose. And what was with the secret admirer?

Thus, as soon as class ended I directly headed to the cafeteria. On the way, I met Derek who just nodded at me with a smug smirk. "What's up?"

"You're asking me? I would like too know, too. Why's everyone staring at me?" I wondered, my eyes fixed on him as he opened the door to the cafeteria, and followed him in when he just laughed at me for not knowing or something. I wasn't too sure myself why he started laughing but it annoyed me. As if everyone was playing a game with me or fooling with me. "Why is no one-"

My words instantly got stuck in my throat once I saw it.

I just stood still for far too long my eyes fixed on the humongous drawing on the wall presented completely unmistakable, not to forget to mention by how eye-catching it was to begin with.

And the craziest part was that it was me. A drawing of Me.

I quickly approached it in utter shock, staring at it for what felt like hours. It was beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen such an amazing art piece up front. Or in general. And for someone like me who has no damn idea of arts, I was still able to tell that this was definitely not something anyone just a little gifted could draw.

And what was with the expression? It was an unusually emotional one. I looked somehow really sad on it. But for some reason, I was smiling like it didn't matter which bewildered me even more. When did I ever make such a face to anyone?

"H-How..." I stuttered. "How on-" I was apparently still not ready to form some proper words.

"How? I think you mean who?'" Derek chuckled. Who? I narrowed my eyes at that and approached the drawing to get a glimpse up close. I let my fingers gently brush over the robust paper feeling the grooves imprinted on it as if I could feel the amount of effort it took to get this done.

By now I didn't care that everyone was probably staring at me. And in every other situation I'd be mad, that someone dared to hang this up without my consent.

But here I was with watering eyes, triggered by how touched I was. The tears really threatened to spill at this rate.

"Who would-" I whispered only for myself to hear when I stopped again in the middle of the sentence because of the slight smile that formed on my lips. Why was I even thinking, I knew who is mad enough to do something like that. "But why would he do this?"

"I guess you need to ask him that?" Derek patted my shoulder and pointed at the door.

Ricky.

His eyes pierced mine in surprise but quickly changed to a mischievous gaze. I bit my lips not knowing what to do. It still felt awkward.

However, I wanted him to take down that drawing. Before I really started crying. Besides, it was too uncomfortable having it stuck to the cafeteria wall after all. "Hey Derek," I said with a rough voice, sounding like I haven't talked for a while. "Tell him he should remove it from there before I get angry," I whispered as soon as my voice gave out, too afraid that anything to vibrant would set off the tears.

He looked at me a bit confused when I just turned away to avoid any faces in order to prevent them from seeing mine.

"Huh?!" Ricky's shocked reaction filled my ears. "What do you mean take it down? You know how long that took me to do?" I had the feeling he was talking to me. And as soon as I heard his steps approaching me, I knew it was meant to me. "Are you even listening?" He abruptly turned me around ready to shout at me when he sucked his breath in stupor.

"I never told you to do that! I never said you should draw a massive portrait and hang it up in public." My words got quieter and more vulnerable the longer I spoke in which I was losing my confidence the moment my sight blurred. "Dammit, I-" I sighed and I cut myself off for the last time when I felt the tear eventually rolling down my cheeks.

"Elliot?" He spoke, gently. But my gaze was still lowered to the floor. "Hey," he said and kneed down to be on the same height and went out of his way to find an angle that allowed him to look at me. Therefore, I intentionally changed it every single time until he seriously forced me to look at him. "Stop that!" He rolled his eyes and held my face in place.

And there was it again. He was staring at me with that same look again. Like he wanted to say something with them. Or as if he was deeply wishing for something from me but couldn't say what it was.

His thumbs tenderly brush the tear traces away with a soft smile.

"Why are you not laughing?" I removed his hands off my face and again avoided his glance and accidentally met a few eyes of the other students which made me turn back away. "You should be laughing at me now for being such a crybaby and for crying for such a stupid reason."

"Mhm," he nodded before switching to shaking his head. "I don't think I should."

"Still, I don't get why you'd do something like that. It's so fucking embarrassing," I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

He just smiled and messed up my hair before standing back up. "Why don't we get ourselves something to eat first, 'kay?"

So he decided not talk about it, huh? I went to take out my phone to make a shot of the masterpiece not wanting to risk it getting taken down without a memento.

"What are you doing?" He frowned.

"What do you think?" I smiled at him after checking whether I did a good picture.

He just huffed and shook his head. "Stupid."

*

During the ride home it was quiet between us. I don't know why he didn't say anything but I didn't because there was still too much embarrassment lingering in me. But could you blame me? And for some reason, it was more flustering that he didn't say anything.

Not a single word until we reached my door. "You want me to help pick your stuff or-"

I handed him the house keys. "There is already a bag at the front door, just get it."

His eyes kept remaining on the keys before he left, closing the door behind him to do what I told him to.

I really wondered what was up with him these days. To be honest I think I already know but I still didn't want to believe it. It could all have been a misunderstanding. However the longer I thought about it the less it seemed likely to me. And the worst part, I think I was already caught in it long ago without even noticing it.

Ricky was quickly back beside me when he threw my bag on the backseat before he started the engine to drive further and park in front of his house without another word which just annoyed me. It was so unlike him to be all silent.

What was he thinking? I wanted to know and at the same time I didn't.

"Welcome home," he unlocked the door after he helped me get out the car.

"So your home is considered mine, too or what?" I shook my head and entered, immediately being crushed by the hug of Liana when she wanted to greet me.

"Elly! You're finally here." She grinned.

"Yeah and me, too," Ricky added but only received a stuck out tongue from her. He went ahead, probably to take the bag to his room. And by his outlook, I could tell that a talk might be the right thing to do after it had gotten so quiet between us.

"Hey sweetie, you don't mind me talking with Ricky first?" I patted her head.

"Aw no. He had you all day, now it's my turn!" She complained and pouted. It was a little cute and her face didn't let me say no.

"I promise I'll play with you later okay?" Thankfully, she accepted it and let me head to Ricky who left the door opened. He was mainly sitting on the bed, staring at his phone when he heard me approaching him.

"Is something?" He frowned after I stared at him without a word, successively seizing his attention with it.

"Yeah, for instance why you're behaving so weird. You're too quiet."

"Just tired," he shrugged. But I had a hunch that it was just a made up excuse.

"So you're gonna start lying to me? You think I'm stupid?" I grabbed his phone and put it aside so he would stop staring at it. "You're still upset that they had to remove the drawing earlier?" I felt really sorry because it was absolutely amazing and I really wished I could keep it but it was not like it'd fit in my room.

"It's fine, they hung it in the tiny art space." So, I had the chance to see it again, I smiled from the inside. Don't ask how that is possible, cause it is. "Anyway, I didn't expect your reaction. Guess you really liked it, hm?"

"And?" I blushed slightly. "I mean it's beautiful. I knew you could draw but damn."

"You're exaggerating." He stared at my hair, fixing a strand before he nudged my nose. I unconsciously held my breath by his fade touch. "I'm serious, though. I didn't do much, it's just you. All I did was putting what I saw on paper."

"What do you even mean?" I frowned and felt my heart racing in my chest when he narrowed the distance to whisper in my ear.

"What I'm saying is, it's not the art that's beautiful. It's you."

He smiled and leaned back on his bed, staring at the ceiling while my cheeks probably resembled a tomato by now.

I never heard someone say that to me. And I'm sure that you don't say things like that to other guys. But then again it's Ricky after all. Nonetheless, I really wondered why he would say something so embarrassing.

Wait...

What if my assumptions were right?

Does Ricky actually like me?

_______________________

Here I am after that week break, more or less at least

I'm going to post the other two chapters in a sec, just have to finish proof reading real quick c;

Till then, stay on!!

~J🏁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 41.4K 45
Seventeen years old James is used to having foster kids around the house. Some stay for weeks, others for months, and even the most problematic of th...
927K 45.5K 29
When Charlie gets away from his drug dealing father and is sent to live with his grandparents, things aren't suddenly okay. Charlie's broken. He's no...
37.1K 2.1K 50
Shiloh Hanson's life has been all about surviving. He has had to focus on school while dealing with the added pressures of working to be able to prov...
1.6K 75 36
Austin is a fragile boy. Or that's what he would like you to think. Running from his past is all he knows how to do. He thought he was safe. But the...