Alone Together // Pete Wentz

By thisisalliwant

When Anna's family moves to a new state, everything seems new and exciting- especially a certain boy. At firs... More

Before it Gets Better
What a Catch
Young and Reckless
A penny for your thoughts
Where did the party go
Saturday
I don't care!
Me and You
Best Kept Secret
Sophomore Slump
Dance Dance
Troubled Thoughts
Have you ever wanted to dissapear?
A Little Less 16 Candles
From Under The Cork Tree
A little more touch me
It's My Confusion
Why Do We Like To Hurt So Much
Im A Nervous Wreck
Love Like War
Break Your Little Heart
So Long and Goodnight
Thriller
Wake Me Up
Remember Me
Give Me Therapy
A Daydream Away
Thnks Fr th Mmrs
I Still Want You Back
Don't Waste Your Time On Me
Better Off As Lovers
I'm Gonna Ask Her to Marry Me
All I wanted

Wasted Love

1.4K 47 12
By thisisalliwant

(Please watch video towards the end)
~Anna's POV~
Today is the day I get to see him! These past few weeks have been rough, but tonight will make up for it. Im in the car with Julia, who is driving, and we are about 2 minutes away from the venue. She cannot stop smiling and humming love songs under her breath. "I've been waiting for this day since I was born." I say laughing.
"SAME!" Julia yells, and swerves to avoid crashing. Death by lamppost. Well almost.
"We're here." I whisper excitedly. We both jump out of the car, lock it, and then sprint up across the parking lot and into the building. We show our VIP passes (sent by no other than the fall out men themselves) to security guards, and they let us past them and down a special hallway. I hear Patrick say "uhhhhm.... Kitten?" Over a mic and realize they are in Sound Check.
Julia turns to me with tears in her eyes.
"My heart is weak because of that man."
I hear Pete yell "PATRICK YOU NOOB!" In the background.
I laugh. "And mine with that one."
"Hey girls!" Bob says, greeting us with a hug.
"Hi Bob!" Julia and I say in unison. A girl jumps out from behind him.
"Dad, I need 20 dollars-" She says loudly but the stops once she sees us.
"Who are you?" She says, a little too princess-like for my personal taste.
"Im julia. Patrick's girlfriend." She emphasizes girlfriend. I stifle a laugh. At least im not the only one who senses trouble from princess girl.
"And Im Pete's girlfriend, Anna." I say quietly. I wish I could be as sassy as Julia.
Her eyebrows arch, as if to say "Seriously? He can do better." I ignore her.
"Uh... Im gonna go get the guys." Bob says uncomfortably. The girl just stands there, hands on her hips. I study her cautiously. She's wearing this shirt red dress that's a little too tight, and a long gold necklace. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, but it's just an unnatural kind of pretty. It's rather unsettling.
"JULIA!" Patrick yells and sprints up to hug her from behind. I smile when Julia's face goes back to the happiest person in the world.
"Anna!" Pete picks me up and spins me around. I laugh and he kisses me on the cheek.
"Hey babe." I whisper and tap him on the nose. He flinches a little. Uh, what? He never flinches when I do that. His eyes travel to the girl.
"Uh... I see you've met Talia." He says quietly.
"Yeah?" I question. This is getting really awkard. Julia gives me a "keep calm" look. I give her a "what's going on?" kind of shrug.
"Yeah! She's prettier than youve mentioned, Pete." She says with fake sweetness. He talks about me? To her? Wait a second, prettier than he's mentioned? Is she trying to say he doesn't think im pretty?
"Uhm I..." Pete stutters.
"And... Rather quiet." She taps her chin.
"Not everyone needs to be obnoxious, Talia." Patrick says. How I love that kid.
"No duh! Im just saying whats a crazy, wild, boy doing with a quiet girl like you?" She taps her chin.
"Certainly more than he'd ever do with you." I say in the same fakely sweet voice she uses. Julia bites her lip to keep from laughing and Patrick clasps his hand over his mouth. Maybe I can be sassy.
"Talia, leave." Pete says to her.
"Fine, Petey." She says to him, blows him a kiss, and struts away.
"Okay, what the fu-" I start to say but am interrupted by Julia.
"Hey anna, come to the bathroom with me." She demands. Her tone means buisness, so I don't question.
"Fine." I reply and we walk down another hallway.
"How do you even know where the bathroom is?" I ask her.
"I don't." She replies, opening a random door and pulling me into a janitors closet. So cliche.
"What the hell was that?" I immediately burst out.
"I don't know. Talia, who im assuming is Bob's daughter, obviously has a thing for Pete. Maybe that's why she was a complete bitch to you." Julia says, annoyed. This is why I love her.
"Bitch is an understatement." I laugh.
"Agreed." She laughs and hugs me. It feels good to hug her. Just me and my best friend for a few seconds.
"What- what if something happened between her and Pete? Like what if he likes her.." I suddenly say.
"What? He wouldn't do that. He loves you too much" She reassures me.
"I hope." I say.
"We better go, they're probably gonna be playing soon." Julia says smiling.
"I can't wait!" I smile back.
We get out of the closet and walk back to the hallway that leads to the stage. I see Bob and ask where we're supposed to go. He says that we should stay behind the stage and to keep watch because it's close and we don't want fans getting to crazy. Wow, fans getting crazy over.. Julia and I? Now that's what's crazy. A crew member brought us chairs, we thanked him and then the intro to A Little Less 16 Candles started playing. We sang along and watched them play. They looked so happy. I was so happy.

~Pete's POV~
"What the hell Pete?" Patrick asked me once the girls were gone.
"What?" I tried to be innocent.
"You know what. Start talking right now." Patrick declared. Wow, I've never seen this side of him.
"Okay okay.. I kind of... " I started.
"Kind of what?" Patrick repeated.
"I kissed Talia!"I blurted out.
"You WHAT?! You cheated on Anna? HOW COULD YOU?" Patrick's face turned red.
"I- I didn't know what I was doing. Something came over me, I wasn't myself! You don't know how much I hate myself for it. I can't think of anything else but that every single moment and I know she won't forgive me- she shouldn't forgive me. I cheated on her. The worst part is... it happened three times. I hate myself for it, I really do. Im so sorry Patrick.." I whisper.
"Im not the one you should he apologizing to." He said, his tone a bit softer now. Patrick walked away. I followed him on stage and was blinded by the light. Cheers erupted from about 2000 fans, jumping out of their seats. My breathing hitched. Even though this was our 6th show, is was still the biggest amount of people so far. What if I mess up? No, I need to be the confident and cool bass player that everyone thinks I am.
"H-hey everyone!" I step up to the mic, feeling bare without my bass. The crowd screamed accompanied by a few "WE LOVE YOU PETE"s. A crew member, Eddie brought me my bass.
"1,2,3,4!" Joe said.
"I confess
I messed up
Dropping im sorrys like your still around
And I know you dressed up
Hey kid you'll never live this down
And you're just the girl all the guys wanna dance with
And im just the boy who took too many chances
Sleeping on your folk's porch again
Dreaming she said she said she said
Why don't you just drop dead
I don't blame you
For being you
But you can't blame me
For hating it
So say what are you waiting for
Kiss her kiss her
I set my clocks early cause I know
Im always late...."
We played our lawyer made us change the name of this song so we wouldn't get sued, Of all the gin joints in all the world, dance dance, nobody puts baby in the corner, 7 minutes in heaven, I've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth, sophomore slump or comeback of the year, champagne for my real friends pain for my sham friends, and sugar we're goin down. And after every song, we were greeted with the roars of applause and praise from the crowd. I could get used to this. Through every song i craned my neck to see Anna backstage. She didn't know how much of a distraction she was. For our last song we played Grand theft autumn.
"This last one is for my wonderful girlfriend, Julia!" The crowd roared. Patrick looked at me expectantly.
"And don't forget my beautiful Anna." I said into the mic smiling. This time I saw her clear as day, smiling brightly. We played the song, said thank you to everyone for coming out, and ran off stage because crazed fans were almost breaking past security.
Julia engulfed Patrick in a huge hug.
"You did amazing Sweetie!" She told him. His cheeks went red.
I felt someone hug me from behind. And then soft hands cupped over my eyes.
"Guess whooooo?" Anna cooed.
"Hmm... Joe?" I forced a laugh. She laughed, took her hands away, and kissed me. Guilt flooded over me.
"Spot on!" Joe yelled from across the backstage area. We all laughed. Except for Patrick. He didn't look at me. I guess the adrenaline from performing was wearing off, leaving me to remember my latest screw up. If that wasn't enough, Talia strolled into the room humming loudly. And rather off key.
"You did great, guys! Especially you Pete." She said in her fakely happy voice. I clenched my teeth. No one said a word.
"Fine, be that way. Just remember- I can tell your little girlfriend at any time. It won't affect me at all. Id be nicer to me if I were you." She rolled her eyes and left.
"Tell me what?" Anna said weakly. Her face was like a little innocent deer. I hated myself for constantly doing this to her. I hated Talia for being a brat, even though it wasn't completly her fault. I hated that I was going to lose her, because who would be with someone who cheated on them? I didn't deserve her.
"Pete. What is she talking about?" Julia asked me. Everyone's eyes were on me. This is worse than the 2000 pairs of eyes a few minutes ago. These people were the people I cared about most.. And of course I let them all down.
"Answer her Pete." Patrick demanded, still not making eye contact. I wanted to say it one more time before she hated me forever.
"I love you Anna. I love you so much. I love you so so so much." I choked out.
"What's going on?" Anna whispered. Silence. I couldn't bring myself to say it. Patrick's eyes finally lifted from the ground. He looked at me as though if I didn't tell her in the next 10 seconds, he'd knock me out.
"PETE!" Anna yelled, almost to tears now. I wanted to wait, to tell her one on one. But I couldn't. I had to say it now.
"I cheated on you with Talia." I whispered hoarsely. Julia, Joe, and Andy's mouths all dropped. Patrick looked back to the ground. And anna... Well...
"You're kidding me. Right? Tell me you're joking Pete. Tell me you didn't do it.." Her voice cracked.
"I... I did. Im so sorry Anna I love yo-" I couldn't finish.
"You love me? If you loved me you wouldn't have done that. You wouldn't have even thought about doing that. I thought was we had was special. I thought three months meant more to you than some girl. But I was wrong. I WAS WRONG TO HAVE TRUSTED YOU, PETE WENTZ!" She said, quiet at first but her voice quickly escalated into a yell.
"Im sorry. You don't deserve this. I just want you to know that I love you a lot and..." I tried to say but again couldn't finish.
"You don't love me." She said, crying loudly now. "No, no, no, no." She shook her head.
"Im leaving." She yelled at me through her tears."
"Please don't-"I said, but she just turned, and calmy walked down the hallway. Julia chased after her. It was that night all over again. Except this time, it was real. It was my fault. All my fault. I felt dizzy.

~Anna's POV~
I could barely see through all of my tears. I made out what hopefully was a door and kicked it. It swung open and I was greeted by cold night air. I heard Julia yelling behind me. I didn't stop walking. I needed to cut across the street to get a taxi. I looked both ways, and quickly walked across the street. I was almost to the sidewalk when suddenly I heard music almost as loud as the concer blaring. I turned around at the very last second to see a car barreling towards me at what seemed like light speed. And then everything went black...
~Julia's POV~
I sprinted down the hallway and opened a door marked exit. Where the heck was she? She probably opened a different door. I ran down the sidewalk, until I came across a crosswalk. I heard people yelling from the other side of the road. I turned around to see three drunken looking teenagers huddling around a turned over body. No. Nope. It can't be. I slowly walk across the street. I reach the boys, and they make way for me. And what I see next makes me fall to the curb and sob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 251 73
When a Rollins sister joins SVU and everyone meet her. What will everyone's first impression of her be? Will she find love? What will happen when her...
14.5K 558 42
Second part of the "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!" series. After a year of being apart, Patrick and Pete get back together, but will it get bet...
9.5K 126 14
Ember (16 almost 17) and her best friend Rosilyn (17) run into some not so good people. What happens when they have to get away from them, but have t...
1.2K 32 18
18 year old Peter Parker is on his last year in High School and is on Spring Break. But unfortunately he is called in on the Daily Bugle for an assig...