mixed // zayn centric

By 1dbandobsessed

"Daddy why can't I go to school with the other kids?"Zayn pouted. "Because cupcake, there are bad people out... More

mixed
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
A/N...Sorry guys.
eleven
pleaseee
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
A MONTH?!
fifteen

seven

9.4K 361 95
By 1dbandobsessed

Zayn let out a quiet sneeze, groaning quietly when pain shot up his head, “Bless you,” Harry cooed, cradling his baby closer while they sat in the master bedroom, waiting for Dally and Tanner to show up.

Niall was downstairs talking to Louis about how they were supposed to explain to Zayn that he’s mixed. Liam was in the kitchen warming up some mushroom soup for his little brother, as well as a drink.

 “S-Still hurts…” Zayn whined, pushing himself impossibly deeper into his father’s chest.

“I know, cupcake.” Harry sighed, kissing the boys heated forehead, “Uncle Dally and Uncle Tanner will be here soon to help.”

Normally, Zayn would be jumping with excitement at the thought of more guests that could keep him company. This certain time though, he felt like he was simply dying and he really didn’t want to move…or breathe for that matter.

“Hey Dad, Uncle Dally and Tanner are pulling up front.” Liam informed, kicking the door open softly and carrying in the tray of soup with an iced glass of water. “How you doing, sweetheart?” Liam asked quietly to the trembling little boy, setting the tray down on the bedside table. He lifted a hand to check his fever, sighing sadly when he realized it didn’t go down that much.

“Why don’t we get some food in you, hmm?” Harry whispered to the almost sleeping boy, the pain having an exhausting effect on him.

“Not hungry Daddy…sleep p-please…” He whined in a small voice, clinging tighter to his father when he felt him try to sit up.

“I need you to eat cupcake, okay? Eat for Daddy, please.” The curly-man pushed, knowing that without the food in his small body, he will only grow weaker.

“N-No…”

“Zayn—“

“Hey, we aren’t interrupting anything?” Dally knocked lightly on the bedroom door even though it was halfway open already.

“No, of course not.” Harry sighed in relief, sitting up with Zayn still placed firmly on his lap.

“How’s the little guy?” Tanner cooed, stepping into the room behind Dally.

“In pain.” Harry huffed, kissing Zayn’s little nose and smiling softly as he watched it scrunch up.

“Well, we’ll just take a quick look.” Tanner assured, taking a seat at the end of the bed and placing his medical kit beside him.

After Zayn’s first doctor was killed assisting Harry’s labor, the Styles’ knew they needed a replacement that could check on their baby monthly and make sure he’s alright. 

Dally and Tanner are both certified doctors, which is another reason why they know about Zayn. Louis and Harry don’t want to risk getting another public doctor who they don’t know and will be touching their baby. Instead, Dally and Tanner being the next highest rank in each of their packs/clans seemed like a better option. The two fathers trusted the two doctors with their lives, and they knew that they could count on them with their child’s.

The two doctors have been taking care of Zayn ever since he was three, so they’ve grown used to how his body functions, what he can and can’t consume, etc.

Of course they were a bit surprised to find out that the mixed that every one was talking about happened to be the son of their group’s leaders, but they eventually grew used to the information and kept it private from every living soul.

“Zee? I’m going to need you to open your mouth for me.” Dally instructed softly, kneeling beside Zayn where he was held in his father’s arms. He held a dentist tool, the one with the metal stick and a small mirror attached to the end.

The fifteen-year-old shook his head in disobedience, the pain being too much for him to properly move his mouth.

“Zayn, open please.” The doctor pleaded gently, stroking a hand up and down the child’s arm. “You want to get better, right honey?”

Zayn nodded warily, meeting the eyes of one of his uncles.

“Good, well I can make all the pain go away sooner if you open your mouth for me.” Dally bargained, watching the boys face turn into one of debate. “It’s just us.” Dally motioned to himself and Tanner, “Your uncles. We’d never hurt you baby, yeah?”

Zayn nodded slowly, turning over to face his vampire uncle. “Good boy.” Harry encouraged, running a hand through his son’s brown locks, “Can you open your mouth for Uncle Dally now?”

Zayn slowly moved his mouth, wincing every time the muscles moved.

Dally quickly, but carefully, stuck the tool into the opened mouth. He flashed a small flashlight around the area in the gums to see better. Zayn would wince and try to pull away every time he felt the chilled metal probe at his sensitive teeth, but his father would just continue to hold him firmly in place.

 Dally exhaled loudly in confirmation, pulling all the items out of Zayn’s mouth. Harry watched over his son’s head as Dally jotted down some notes in Zayn’s medical folder.

“What other changes or problems have you noticed?” Tanner asked, reaching down to check his patient’s forehead.

“His eyes have been shifting in and out of a blood red color and his usual hazel.” Harry began, looking down at Zayn’s closed eyes. “His body has been having small spasms every now and then, as well as his body has been ice cold since he woke up.” He continued to list off to the doctors, trying to move as little as possible so he didn’t disturb the small boy on top of him.

“Alright, that’s good for now.” Tanner sighed, reaching down in his bag and pulling out his own small flashlight. After testing the light beam, he took Dally’s previous position beside the bed. “Hey babe, I’m gonna need you to look at me.” Tanner gently shook the tanned boy, trying to coax him awake. “I need to check your eyes love.”

Zayn slowly fluttered his eyelids open, being too tired to protest. As soon as his eyes were on show, Tanner flashed the small beam around the eye. He hummed when he saw the distinct red color, jotting more notes down on the boy’s record.

“Alright, I’m going to need him standing for this one.” Tanner sighed, taking a couple steps back from the bed.

“Zayn come on, you need to be up sweetpea.” Harry softly shook him, getting his eyes to droopily open after having closed them again.

Zayn shook his head in protest, turning over and burying himself deeper into his father’s chest.

“Alright,” Harry sighed tiredly, knowing that just asking Zayn to get up wasn’t going to do anything. He slipped out from under him, ignoring the pained groans that left past his baby’s lips. “I’m gonna need to carry you aren’t I?” He asked rhetorically, already bending back down to pick the little boy up.

As soon as Zayn felt himself being lifted, he immediately grasped around his Daddy’s neck, pulling himself closer.

“No no, cupcake.” Harry sighed, carefully prying the small hands from around his neck, “You need to be standing, babe.”

“Daddy no…” He whined, after he was put down. “Up, please!” Zayn cried, making grabbing hands at his father who just shook his head and took the little boys hand instead.

“Only for a little bit, cupcake. Then I’ll pick you up and cuddle you as long as you want.” Harry promised, leaning down to kiss the pouting boy’s head.

“Okay,” Tanner smiled fondly over the two family members, “I just need Zayn to throw this little ball.” He explained, giving the small red ball to Zayn. “I would like you to try to throw it as hard as you can, babe. Throw it to me.”

Zayn watched sleepily as his uncle stepped back a few feet, now standing at the other side of the room.

“Go on, throw it to him baby.” Harry encouraged, making a small motion on how to properly launce the ball.

Zayn groaned, not finding enough strength to do it correctly. He lazily through the ball somewhere random, which he was hoping was straight, and then collapsed against his Daddy’s side.

“Alright, up you go.” Harry sighed, reaching down to pick the boy back up under his armpits and then heaving him onto his hip. Zayn nuzzled happily into his fathers neck, closing his tired eyes. “I’m sorry T, he’s too exhausted.”

Tanner gave a sympathetic smile, “No it’s fine, he did good. I think that’s all we will need for now. You can let him sleep if you’d like, but I’ll need to talk to you and your husband after.”

“Of course, let me just tuck him in.” Harry smiled, about to put the boy down when a hand stopped him.

“I’ll do it Dad, you can go talk with them.” Liam stepped in; making Harry a bit startled because he completely forgot his eldest son was still in the room.

“Oh, uh thanks Li, that’d be very helpful.” Harry smiled, gently moving the child into his older brothers arms, and watching fondly as Zayn immediately attached himself to Liam’s neck. “Night, cupcake.” Harry whispered, placing a small kiss on his baby’s head of hair.

“Night night Daddy…” Zayn mumbled in reply, too tired to even open his eyes and kiss his father back.

Before Harry had even exited the room, he heard little snores escaping his youngest son’s mouth.

-----

“So how’d the test go?” Louis asked frantically, as soon as he saw the two doctors and his husband descending the staircase.

“It went fine.” Dally nodded, setting his bag down at the bottom of the stairs. “Why don’t we discuss it over some tea? Nialler?” Dally turned to Niall who was currently sitting on the couch with a raised eyebrow.

Niall scrunched his eyebrows in confusion before a look of understanding crossed his features and he shot out of his spot, “Of course! I’ll go start the kettle.”

Once the blonde left the room, the two fathers guided the other two men towards the seating area. “Sit.” Louis invited, watching as they both sat down on the couch across from the one him and his husband were sitting on. Louis immediately grasped Harry’s larger hand in his own in anticipation, “So…” He dragged on, “What did you observe?”

“Well,” Tanner started off with a sigh, “His vampire is definitely coming out.”

Harry and Louis released a big breath, sending each other worried glances, “How do you know? What happened? Is he going to be—“

“He’ll be fine.” Dally cut in to the endless flow of questions, “He’s going to be in some pain for a while though, because his body will need time to adjust to his new abilities.”

“His fangs are starting to grow in.” Tanner explained, “That is where the pain in his gums are coming from. The fangs that we had pulled out when he was three are starting to return once again. His eyes, as you have taken notice of, are starting to shift into the vampires red color. His eyes shouldn’t be in pain anymore, but they could be a bit irritated from the constant shifting of color. I also noticed that Zayn’s reflexes have approved a tremendous amount. They’re not at the standard vampire level but that’s only because he hasn’t had any practice.”

Harry and Louis both nodded a long the entire time, keeping mental notes of the new changes that Zayn is going through. They didn’t even notice Niall reenter with their cups of tea until they heard Dally and Tanner thank him. Before the fathers could mutter their appreciation to their son, he was quickly walking up the steps, probably to check on his siblings.

“Zayn’s skin will be paler and colder than usual. It will probably heat back up in some time considering he is still part werewolf and he needs the warmth.” Tanner continued after having taken a sip out of his mug. “His small spasms are another symptom of his reflexes coming in. His body jerks with the new found vampire speed that is coming back out.” Tanner looked up at the ceiling, muttering to himself to see if he missed anything.

“That’s about it.” Dally finished for him, setting his cup down on the wooden coffee table.

Harry sighed, squeezing Louis hand in mild reassurance, “But why now? Why is his vampire coming out now?”

Dally cleared his throat, giving the couple sympathetic eyes, “It’s a warning signal.”

“A warning signal? For what exactly?” Louis asked in pure confusion.

“How do I put it simply?” Dally thought for a moment, looking at Tanner for some help after he came up empty handed.

Tanner sighed, continuing Dally’s train of thought, “Basically, Zayn’s body is feeling a new sense of danger. His vampire is starting to reveal because it feels the need to protect its possessor, which happens to be Zayn. The werewolf side has become aware that this new danger is too strong to hold back on its own so it is now allowing the vampire to come out and, in a way,” He held up quotation marks, “’help.’”

“Help from what though?”

Tanner groaned, knowing that he’s going to need to be particularly blunt if he wants the message to get across. “The Fangs and The Claws are close. They’re getting closer to Zayn, and he’s in danger.”

-----

A/N: Was this chapter rushed? I felt like it was a bit rushed…

Anyways I hope that cleared some of the confusion for you guys…if not then there will be more explaining in the next chapter :)

Vote & Comment PLEASE!

-Avery ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 164 20
NIALL: What in the world just happened? I choked at seeing this girl? And did a spit take when I actually got a good look at her? What the hell is...
31.3K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...
2.1K 67 11
Liam Payne AU. FINISHED Harry, sensing the seriousness, pushed Louis' feet off of his lap and leaned forward, concern etched clearly on his face. "Li...
468K 20.6K 119
CURRENTLY EDITING A FEW CHAPTERS! 24, with an little three year old and already a hard working man. That's Liam Payne. His son Aiden hates that his d...