seven

Zayn let out a quiet sneeze, groaning quietly when pain shot up his head, “Bless you,” Harry cooed, cradling his baby closer while they sat in the master bedroom, waiting for Dally and Tanner to show up.

Niall was downstairs talking to Louis about how they were supposed to explain to Zayn that he’s mixed. Liam was in the kitchen warming up some mushroom soup for his little brother, as well as a drink.

 “S-Still hurts…” Zayn whined, pushing himself impossibly deeper into his father’s chest.

“I know, cupcake.” Harry sighed, kissing the boys heated forehead, “Uncle Dally and Uncle Tanner will be here soon to help.”

Normally, Zayn would be jumping with excitement at the thought of more guests that could keep him company. This certain time though, he felt like he was simply dying and he really didn’t want to move…or breathe for that matter.

“Hey Dad, Uncle Dally and Tanner are pulling up front.” Liam informed, kicking the door open softly and carrying in the tray of soup with an iced glass of water. “How you doing, sweetheart?” Liam asked quietly to the trembling little boy, setting the tray down on the bedside table. He lifted a hand to check his fever, sighing sadly when he realized it didn’t go down that much.

“Why don’t we get some food in you, hmm?” Harry whispered to the almost sleeping boy, the pain having an exhausting effect on him.

“Not hungry Daddy…sleep p-please…” He whined in a small voice, clinging tighter to his father when he felt him try to sit up.

“I need you to eat cupcake, okay? Eat for Daddy, please.” The curly-man pushed, knowing that without the food in his small body, he will only grow weaker.

“N-No…”

“Zayn—“

“Hey, we aren’t interrupting anything?” Dally knocked lightly on the bedroom door even though it was halfway open already.

“No, of course not.” Harry sighed in relief, sitting up with Zayn still placed firmly on his lap.

“How’s the little guy?” Tanner cooed, stepping into the room behind Dally.

“In pain.” Harry huffed, kissing Zayn’s little nose and smiling softly as he watched it scrunch up.

“Well, we’ll just take a quick look.” Tanner assured, taking a seat at the end of the bed and placing his medical kit beside him.

After Zayn’s first doctor was killed assisting Harry’s labor, the Styles’ knew they needed a replacement that could check on their baby monthly and make sure he’s alright. 

Dally and Tanner are both certified doctors, which is another reason why they know about Zayn. Louis and Harry don’t want to risk getting another public doctor who they don’t know and will be touching their baby. Instead, Dally and Tanner being the next highest rank in each of their packs/clans seemed like a better option. The two fathers trusted the two doctors with their lives, and they knew that they could count on them with their child’s.

The two doctors have been taking care of Zayn ever since he was three, so they’ve grown used to how his body functions, what he can and can’t consume, etc.

Of course they were a bit surprised to find out that the mixed that every one was talking about happened to be the son of their group’s leaders, but they eventually grew used to the information and kept it private from every living soul.

“Zee? I’m going to need you to open your mouth for me.” Dally instructed softly, kneeling beside Zayn where he was held in his father’s arms. He held a dentist tool, the one with the metal stick and a small mirror attached to the end.