Be Good To Me - N.H.

By XODreamOX

To the average person, Juliette Carson had a good life. Typical job, came from a good family, nice friends, b... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31

25

2.1K 51 10
By XODreamOX

Midway through the week Niall came over for dinner. It was just the two of us since Stacy and Dan had gone out for the night. The evening had been casual, nothing was out of the ordinary. Niall helped me make dinner as we laughed at trashy reality shows playing on the TV and joked around with each other.

"If there's one thing in life that I regret, it's not going on the Bachelor when I was single." I sighed.

Niall let out a loud laugh. "THAT'S what you regret? Seriously?"

"Yes!" I squeaked.

"He doesn't even seem like your type." He cringed, staring at the TV.

"He doesn't need to be. All I have to do is be dramatic or funny so I can stay on long enough for the free vacations!" I explained.

Niall shook his head in amusement. "I can take you on vacations, you know."

"But I wouldn't have the opportunity to go with 20 other women and fight for a man's attention." I joked.

"If that's what you really want, I can make it happen." He shrugged, smirking.

My eyes narrowed in on him. "I'm not sure how to take that."

He chuckled, before throwing his hands up in the air innocently. "I'm just trying to give you what you want!"

"Sure." I said sarcastically, making him a plate of food as he sat down at the kitchen island.

He muttered a 'Thanks' as I set it down in front of him.

"So..." He said casually, eyeing me as I made my own plate before sitting down beside him. "Have you thought anymore about my place?"

"About moving in?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it."

He stared at me for a moment before realizing that I was done talking. "And?"

"I'm...not really sure yet." I felt guilty giving him that answer because I could see the disappointment on his face when I said it.

"Oh...okay." He nodded, trying to act casual.

"It's not that I don't want to." I added.

His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "Then what's stopping you?"

I sighed. "It's just a really big step. If we don't work out, I have to start all over because I'll have nowhere to go."

"You're scared we won't work out?" He asked, concern in his voice.

"I-Not scared, necessarily." I fumbled over my words uncomfortably. "Concerned maybe? We haven't been together that long."

"Seven months...but what does that matter? I love you, and last I checked, you loved me too." He said casually.

"Of course I do, but don't you think we should wait?" I asked.

"For what?"

"I don't know, a more appropriate time frame?" I shrugged.

"When exactly is the right amount of time for a couple to move in together?" He asked, smirking.

I furrowed my brow, starting to feel a little defensive. "I-I don't know. A year maybe?"

"So you would feel more comfortable with me asking you again in five months?" He replied.

"Maybe? I don't know, Niall." I said, shaking my head. "There's not a set amount of time. I guess it depends on the couple."

"Then what's wrong with me asking you now?"

I was starting to get upset. I felt like Niall was pressuring me and getting defensive because I wasn't answering the way he had hoped, causing me to feel defensive as well.

"Niall..." I placed my head in my hands and I heard him lightly sigh."You're making me nervous."

"Why? He pressed.

"Because I feel like you're trying to push me into this!" I huffed.

"If you aren't ready, just tell me." He finally said softly.

I raised my head, bringing my eyes up to meet his. He looked sad, and I didn't want to break his heart even more.

"I'm not ready." I finally said.

He looked away from me for a moment before nodding silently.

"I'm just...I need more time." I said quietly.

"What is this really about?" Niall questioned. "Be honest."

I sighed. "I just want to make sure it's the right decision."

Niall was quiet as he looked at me. It felt like he was trying to determine if that was the whole truth.

"I'm sorry."I shrugged.

"Don't apologize." He replied. "I didn't mean to make you feel pressured, but I want you to know that I don't plan on going anywhere."

"You can't promise that though, Niall. There's always a chance of us not working out. It's just reality." I replied.

"There's always a chance that anything could happen. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes for us to work because I love you. But because I do love you, I also want you to feel comfortable with this. I want us to be on the same page and want the same things. So whenever you're ready..." He trailed off. "I can wait."

I gave him a soft smile. "I want this to work too. I'm just not ready to give up my safety blanket yet." I said, gesturing to the apartment we were in. "Maybe you can help me take one step at a time?"

"You've been through a lot. It's understandable. Whatever you need me to do." He agreed.

"I can stay at your house more. Maybe a few days throughout the week instead of just the weekends? We can see what happens?" I asked hesitantly.

He smiled. "Sounds like a good plan."

I leaned towards him, kissing his cheek. "Thank you for understanding."

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" He smirked. "Oh, here." He added, stuffing his hand into the pocket of his jeans. He pulled out a key and placed it on the counter in front of me.

"Baby step number one. Your own key."

I laughed lightly as I picked it up, flipping it over in my hand. "I think I can handle this step."

He grabbed my hand, holding it in his as he kissed me lightly on the lips. "So what vacations are you wanting to go on?"

I couldn't help the big smile that took over my face. "Everywhere! I really want to go somewhere tropical. Hawaii maybe?"

"I'm surprised you didn't say something like Paris or Rome." He smiled.

"Those are on the list too!" I said cheerfully.

"What about Ireland?" He questioned.

"I've always wanted to see Ireland. It would make it even better to have my own Irish tour guide." I joked.

Niall laughed lightly. "Seriously, though. I planned on going this year anyway to see my family and some friends. Why don't you come with me?"

"You want me to meet your family?" I asked.

"'Course I do." He smiled.

"I would be freaking out the entire trip!"

"Why?" He asked, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Because it's nerve wracking to meet someone's family! What if they don't like me?" I rambled.

"They will love you. We'll go see them first thing. Get it out of the way. Then you can just enjoy yourself!" He chuckled.

I bit my lip as I contemplated but I'm pretty sure we both knew what the answer would be. "When are we going?"

Niall beamed, his eyes lighting up as he jumped up, pulling me to him and spinning me around playfully. I burst into a fit of giggles at his excitement.

"It's gonna be great. You'll love it, I promise!"

I know this chapter was a little shorter than usual, but just a quick update that helps transition the story line into the next chapter. XO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.7K 61
If you think that this is another story of the "good girl" falling in love with the "bad boy", you're probably right. Except this time, the roles are...
1M 27.2K 126
──── π€πƒπŽπ‘π„ π˜πŽπ” ❛ lately you've been on my π™’π™žπ™£π™™ ❜ οΉ™π—Œπ—ˆπ–Όπ—‚π–Ίπ—… 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖺 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 ﹚ οΉ™ 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 π—Œπ—π—’οΏ½...
14.9K 131 80
Having an abusive boyfriend is bad. Most abusive boyfriends say, they only hurt you because they love you. But when you have an ex...
4K 70 41
It all started at a meet and greet, When Emily gives Liam her phone to take a picture of the two of them. When he has it in his hands, he takes the o...