THE LAST LETTER

By rashwrites_

♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found o... More

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Tʜᴇ Lᴀsᴛ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Pʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 // 𝑂𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡-𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑠 & 𝑎 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 // 𝐺𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝 & 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 // 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 // 𝐴𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦? 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑦
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 & 𝐿𝑢𝑠𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 // 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 // 𝑀𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 // 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 // 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 & 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14 // 𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 // 𝑇𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 // 𝑇𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 & 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑁𝑌𝐶
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 // 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 // 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑜𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 // 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 // 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31 // 𝑊ℎ𝑜'𝑟𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑏𝑢𝑟 & 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑡 & 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33 // 𝑀𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34 // 𝑆𝑜 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35 // 𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑃ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36 // 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓𝑓
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39 // 𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑐
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41 // 𝑊𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43 // 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44 // 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45 // 𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46 // 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47 // 𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑘 𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛
Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Pᴏᴇᴛʀʏ
Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Not an update...just a question!

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 // 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 & 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝

6.8K 873 514
By rashwrites_

Look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new;
Ooh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger.

Dancing with a Stranger - Sam Smith》

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I was drinking with the girls when someone whispered down my ear, "Hey, gorgeous." I see the girls gawking behind me, going wow, hopefully, a good sign. I slowly turned around and had to catch myself from dropping my jaw on the floor. He was tall and handsome with hazel eyes to match his chocolate brown hair with his perfect kissable lips. He wore black jeans and a very fit white shirt with a leather jacket.

"Hey," I smiled at him.

"Are you done checking me out?" Instantly, my face went red with embarrassment, "I..."

"Don't worry; I was checking you out as well." He said, winking at me. And holy-shit did he had dimples.

"Hi, my name is Travis. "He continued.

"I'm Rachel."

"I haven't seen you in Greenhill; which school do you go to? "

Does this club belong to Greenhill? I giggled lightly at my inner joke "I'm a senior in Trinity high."

"Wow, this just got better."

"What?" I asked in confusion when Travis took the drink out of my hand and offered his hand to me. "I love this fucking song. Dance with me, Rachel." I didn't move at first and he said again, "Come on. Let's go." and Sam and Chloe nodded at me.

What the hell. Why not?

He leads me onto the dance floor with his hand resting on my lower back. Lights on the dance floor flashed around us as he wrapped his arms around me, and I placed mine around his neck trying my best to forget the fact that Lucas was somewhere here dancing with Tiffany.

Ughh...I hated her so much

We danced to the slow music and Travis maintained his distance from me and I must say I'm impressed. I look around us and that's when I saw, leaving Tiffany on the dance floor, Lucas pushed through the mass that had gathered around us, and before I could realize it, Lucas balled his hand into a fist, standing between us. "You ready to go, Grace?"

I pressed my hand on his stomach and pushed him to the side. "I'm dancing, Lucas." Didn't he just leave me alone to go and dance with Tiffany?

"It's getting late, come on." He said, pulling my arms.

"Can't you see that you're interrupting us?" I smiled at Travis without glancing at Lucas.

"You were the one who pushed him away, remember? Stop being a bitch now and leave with Lucas." My mind said but today I wasn't going to listen to it. Bitch or not.

"Do you even know this guy?" Lucas asked, frustratedly maybe even inwardly face-palming himself.

I smiled even wider. "This is Travis."

Travis extended his hand. "Nice to meet you. "

But Lucas couldn't take his eyes off me, which I saw from the corner of my eyes, while I kept staring at Travis. Lucas then waved his hands at me, waiting for me to remember he was standing there.

"Travis, this is Lucas." I made my voice come out intentionally less enthusiastically at his introduction, which just pissed him off more.

Lucas glared down at Travis, and then at his hand. "Lucas James." His voice was low and menacing.

Travis's eyes widened in amusement, and he pulled back his hand. "Lucas James, as in the quarterback of Trinity?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Nothing. Just watch out for your position in the team, man." Travis said, smirking.

Lucas's eyes narrowed, and his teeth clenched. "What do you mean? "

"You'll see." Travis laughed once, his eyes darting back and forth between us.

Then he smiled at me and walked away, waving at me. "I'll see you around Pretty face."

"Are you ready now?" Lucas snapped.

"You are so mean, you know that, right?"

"I've been called worse." He said, walking away, and I followed him.

With a loud whistle, he signaled Matt, who saw his expression and immediately knew that it was time to leave. Lucas used his shoulder to cut through the crowd, shamelessly knocking over a few innocent people, until Matt and the others headed us and took over for him. Sam and Matt were holding hands. Chloe and Tyler were behind them.

Once outside, Lucas took my hand, but I jerked it away and turned to walk away towards his car. My body froze when I felt his low, penetrating voice vibrating against the nape of my neck.

"Do you fucking like him?"

Turning around slowly to meet Lucas's indescribable stare, I whispered, "I don't know. We just met."

"Doesn't seem like you don't. Wasn't that why you ditched me on the dance floor or maybe you're just flattered, cause you caught the attention of someone for once in your whole life?"

Did he seriously just say that?

"Are you jealous?"

"Was I supposed to get jealous?" He chuckled with no sense of humor in his voice.

"I don't know. You tell me, Lucas."

"So, you agree with the fact that you wanted to make me jealous. Tell me, Grace, were you jealous when I picked someone else over you, or do you have a teeny tiny crush on me?" Now he was blatantly being an asshole. I wanted to slap him but instead, I walked away from him, shaking my head disappointedly.

"Fuck..." he grumbled behind me and grabbed my hand, turning me around to come face to face with him. "I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry that I kissed your neck. I shouldn't have done that. You smelled so good that it was intoxicating and I was drunk and I couldn't control myself. I'm sorry."

"There were people from our school in the club, Lucas. They're already spreading rumors about us. What do you think will happen when they will see us like this. It'll only get worse. That's why I asked you to keep our distance."

"You never cared about the world before. Why now?" He asked softly.

Because I realized that the closer I'm to you the harder I'm falling for you and I can't keep getting hurt in this unrequited love.

"Because I don't want anyone to think that we're together," I said with a straight face.

He shook his head as if stunned by what I said. Immediately he spat on my face. "You really hate the idea of being with me so much! We're together the whole fucking day, we sleep in the same bed most of the nights, but now you don't wanna be seen with me!"

"I came here with you."

"I have never treated you with anything but respect, Grace. For god sake, you're my best friend."

"No, you just treat me like your property. You had no right to run Travis off like that!" I said.

"I have every right. Don't you forget that I'm your best friend." He glared.

"Exactly best friend, not my boyfriend. I don't interrupt your dating life, so neither should you. And Rebecca told me that you asked the boys at school to stay away from me. Why would you do that?" I said, lashing out in anger.

"Boys at school are assholes, Grace. They don't deserve you?"

"Well, then I can be with Travis right. He's not from our school, and he's nice."

"Do you even know him to defend him like that?"

I shook my head.

"Well, I know those kinds of guys very well. He wanted nothing other than getting into your pants." He spatted.

"Sounds like someone I know," I whispered.

"First, I'm nothing like that because I don't go to them, they come to me. And second, that guy there wanted nothing other than to sleep with you."

I let out an exaggerated sigh and spat bitterly, "So you are saying that no-one could ever like me for me other than wanting to sleep with me."

"Oh God, No, Grace, I didn't mean that. And you know it very well."

"But you just sa..."

"I meant that you are gorgeous and stunning and so beautifully perfect that every second guy would want to sleep with you. But you don't deserve that, you deserve better and I just want to protect you until you find the right guy."

I couldn't understand if I was supposed to be angry at his confession because he wants to find the right guy for me or be happy about the fact that he just called me beautiful when he speaks again, "I'm sorry for saying all those things to you just now. I didn't mean any of it." Did he just apologize? What was I supposed to do with these overwhelming feelings in my chest? So I just apologize to him in return, "And I'm sorry for fighting with you like that."

"And I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, it won't happen again." He said caressing my cheeks.

"It's okay, it wasn't wholly your fault." I whispered the last part as he takes my hand in his, "Now, let's go home, or your Mom would kill me." And we drive back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4th August 2014

Dear Lucas,

We fought for the first time in the last eight years, and it hurts like a bitch. Maybe it was my fault, but what can I do, when I'm wholly and absolutely in love with you.

I never wanted my feelings to come in the way of our friendship since I realized my love for you in my sophomore year.

Today I heard about the rumors of us being together and sleeping together. I asked you to stay away because a part of me expected you to leave your old lifestyle, behind. A part of me hoped that maybe you'd just confirm those rumors and accept the fact that we're meant to be together. But I was so wrong, and you confirmed that by saying that you're waiting for the right guy for me.

So I've decided to keep my distance from you until my feelings for you lay off, and we can continue being best friends. I know it'll be hard, but I'll try my best for the sake of our friendship.

Yours lovingly,
Rachel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mission stay-away-from-Lucas starts tomorrow, with that thought in mind, I go to sleep.

_________________________________________

What are your views regarding the chapter? Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to like, share, and comment if you liked the chapter.
Have a nice day ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
1.1M 5.1K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
246K 11.6K 35
[2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST] A year ago, Natasha packed her bags and hopped on the first train out of her hometown in Hampshire, England, leaving behind a...
7.9M 326K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...