THE LAST LETTER

By rashwrites_

♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found o... More

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Tʜᴇ Lᴀsᴛ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Pʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 // 𝑂𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡-𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑠 & 𝑎 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 // 𝐺𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝 & 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 // 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 // 𝐴𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦? 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑦
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 // 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 & 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 // 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 // 𝑀𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 // 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 // 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 & 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14 // 𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 // 𝑇𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 // 𝑇𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 & 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑁𝑌𝐶
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 // 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 // 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑜𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 // 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 // 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31 // 𝑊ℎ𝑜'𝑟𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑏𝑢𝑟 & 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑡 & 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33 // 𝑀𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34 // 𝑆𝑜 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35 // 𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑃ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36 // 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓𝑓
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39 // 𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑐
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41 // 𝑊𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43 // 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44 // 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45 // 𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46 // 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47 // 𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑘 𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛
Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Pᴏᴇᴛʀʏ
Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Not an update...just a question!

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 & 𝐿𝑢𝑠𝑡

6.9K 860 430
By rashwrites_

Gonna wear that dress you like, skin-tight;
Do my hair up real, real nice;
And syncopate my skin to your heart beating.
'Cause I just wanna look good for you.'

Good for you - Selena Gomez》

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I didn't know out meant 'the club' in Lucas's language. I tried to negotiate with him to cancel the plan, but he always tends to make his way through his words. So, I made a deal with him that I'll go only if the girls came along, and without any hesitation, he agreed. That's the thing about him, he has never once denied whatever I have ever wanted from him, and I love him for that. He has never once broken his promise to me and he has always been there whenever I needed him. That's why I didn't mind staying his friend, I just wanted him to be in my life any way possible. Even if that meant, us being best friends for the rest of our lives.

In the evening, Sam, and Chloe arrived at my place to get ready for our carouse. I picked out a crop top and jeans to wear. But Sam beat me to it, handing me over a black backless above knee-length dress. It was beautiful but not the kind of dress I wore. "Oh, no, no, no. I'm not wearing that thing." I said, pointing at the dress.

"Oh, yes, you are." Sam insisted.

"But this is so...tiny," I said, glancing at the dress in my hand.

"And we're supposed to have fun tonight. So, you're going to wear that dress because I'm not listening to anything." Did I mention, Sam can be really persuasive when she wants to be. "Okay, Fine!!!" I finally decided to wear the dress pairing it with my black stilettos and a golden purse.

Sam wore a blue-cut dress while Chloe fitted herself into a blood-red short dress. Chloe had the perfect body for any tight dress to look good on her. Sam did my makeup, and when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was stunned by the girl staring back at me, "Who's this girl? I never imagined I could look this pretty." I whirled around in excitement.

"You are always pretty, Rach," Sam said as I jumped up and hugged her, "Thank you, Sam."

Soon we were all ready as we picked up our jackets and headed downstairs. Lucas and Matt were talking to Paul about some serious topic, football, I guess.

Yeah, I know Football isn't an important topic. but for them, it is.

When Lucas finally looked up and saw me, he stared at me with a look I couldn't precisely decipher. Did he like how I looked, or have I done too much makeup? I should've wiped the lipstick off my lips.

"Get the girls back by midnight." Mom said to Lucas, interrupting my thoughts.

"Let them enjoy," Paul tried to convince Mom as Lucas continued to stare at me.

Before Mom could say anything else, Lucas interrupted, clearing his throat, "Yes, Emily, we will be back by midnight." And then we all headed to the club.

The club was already crowded at eight. We pushed past the people to find Tyler already there with some other guys from the school. They did an amazing job at arranging the fake passes. We talked for a while as everyone ordered their drinks. I decided to go with the juice, but Sam pulled the glass out of my hand, handing me a shot of tequila, "Live a little, Rach."

Maybe she's right. I'm eighteen for god's sake, I should live a little, and so I gulped down the tequila shot in one go, and my throat burned at the sensation, but it felt good, and so I continued. I had just finished my third glass when Lucas stood up and grabbed my hand. "That's enough drinking Grace."

"But I just got started, I want to have fun tonight." I pouted at him and he pulled me to the dance floor along with him, "Let's dance then."

"I don't know how to dance!"

Now on the dance floor, he grabbed my hips and pulled my body flush against his, leaving no room between us. "Shut up and dance."

"Just go with the flow," he whispered, and all the giggles and smiles left my face, and my body began to move against his to the music. I couldn't keep my hands off of him. I noticed that his expression was different l, almost concentrated. I ran my hands over his chest, which tensed under my touch. The closer we were, the closer I needed him to be. My hair was everywhere on my face and he removed his one hand from my hips, tucking my hairs behind my ear. I don't know if it was alcohol or the lust that I was drunk in. Maybe your feelings become more strong when you're drunk and above that this was my first time drinking ever.

I turned to face him with a smile. My hands began at his shoulders, and then I let my fingers run-up to his messy hair as I leaned onto his shoulder tucking at his curls. We just danced like that, leaning into each other as I kept hearing the sound of his heartbeat...thud, thud. I leaned back against his chest and rested the back of my head on his shoulder and my heartbeat even faster against my rib cage. He gripped my hips and pulled me tighter into him. I was enjoying every moment of it with him, with the boy I had loved forever. Nothing else mattered at this moment.

And from what it seemed, he was enjoying it too.

"You look so gorgeous, Grace. I had wanted to tell you this from the moment you stepped down the stairs." He said truthfully. That explains the look.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I replied.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my hair. Any rational thought disappeared. The song was ending, but I didn't want to stop just yet. I leaned back, my head against his shoulder. Some of my hair fell away, exposing the skin of my neck. I was so lost until he touched his lips to the soft spot just behind my ear and kissed my neck.

At this, my body tensed, and I pulled away. As if I had come back to my senses, I realized I was supposed to keep my distance from him. Almost all our school friends and classmates were here at this place and if any of them would've seen us like this, the rumors would've got out of hand. This is what he did with every other girl, and I didn't want to be one of those.

"What, Grace?" he asked, chuckling.

"You think this is going to change people's thinking about us? Look around Lucas, all our school friends are present in this club, here and there."

He laughed once. "After that dance, you had with me just now, you are suddenly worried about appearances. I don't care what they think about us, Grace. I only care what you think about me "

"We're just friends, Lucas. Friends don't do this." I said pointing between us.

"If not this then what do friends do?" I shot him a look and then turned to face forward.

"Grace," he said, grabbing my arm and I pull away. "Lucas, just stay away, okay."

His face scrunched in confusion and anger as if I've said something worse and just when he was about to speak, Tiffany appeared next to him. "Look who's here. If it isn't the one and only Lucas James."

"Tiffany," Lucas turned away from now his whole attention on her. I eyed her, taken off guard. Tiffany was an old conquest of Lucas. She left school last year. Why was she here?

"Who's this? Your new girlfriend?" Tiffany said, not even glancing my way. She knew very well who I was.

That bitch.

"Oh please, you know very well that I don't do girlfriends." He replied nonchalantly as if it was the last thing he'd ever do. Of course, he would clear the misunderstanding, sudden anger overcomes me but also there's this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Maybe because, not a while ago, he was dancing with me as if I was the only one for him, and now he is flirting with someone else.

"Are you busy for a dance with me?" She asked him, and he replied, "No," glaring at me, he grabbed Tiffany's hand and led her to the dance floor. She complied, happily swinging their arms until they hit the dance floor.

They started dancing with each other and she wrapped her hands around his neck, pulling him closer. They danced for a while, and soon enough they were so close, staring at each other when she leaned into him with her mouth slightly open, but before I could see anything, I turned away.

Betrayal. That's what I felt, but I shouldn't be feeling this way, I shouldn't be feeling anything. I was the one who pushed him away just now because that was the right thing to do. Already, loving him was becoming painful for me, and now I couldn't hurt myself anymore by getting involved with him in any other way when I know I won't be the last person, because that's how he was, and that's how he'll always be.

I watched around the club and spotted Sam and Matt dancing, as I smiled at them; I knew something was going on between them. Chloe was busy as well.

I was left all alone in the bar, as always.

_________________________________________

What do you think about why Luke did what he did? Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to like, share, and comment if you liked the chapter.
Have a nice day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640K 16K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
3.5M 106K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
132K 6.7K 40
A Featured Wattpad Romance, Wattpad New Adult, and Wattpad Psychological Novel (triggering romance) **November 3, 2019: 1st place Winner of romance c...
7.9M 326K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...