THE LAST LETTER

By rashwrites_

♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found o... More

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Tʜᴇ Lᴀsᴛ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Pʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 // 𝑂𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡-𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑠 & 𝑎 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 // 𝐺𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝 & 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 // 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 & 𝐿𝑢𝑠𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 // 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 & 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 // 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 // 𝑀𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 // 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 // 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 & 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14 // 𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 // 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 // 𝑇𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 // 𝑇𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 & 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑁𝑌𝐶
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 // 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 // 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑜𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 // 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 // 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31 // 𝑊ℎ𝑜'𝑟𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑏𝑢𝑟 & 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32 // 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑡 & 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33 // 𝑀𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34 // 𝑆𝑜 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35 // 𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑃ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑝
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36 // 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓𝑓
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38 // 𝑁𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39 // 𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑡
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑐
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41 // 𝑊𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43 // 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44 // 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45 // 𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑟
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46 // 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47 // 𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑘 𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛
Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Pᴏᴇᴛʀʏ
Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ
Not an update...just a question!

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 // 𝐴𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦? 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑦

7.1K 882 644
By rashwrites_

I don't care what people say when we're together,
You know I wanna be the one to hold you when you sleep;
I just want it to be you and I forever,
I know you wanna leave,
So c'mon baby be with me
So happily.

Happily- One Direction

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Lucas, what the hell?" I exclaimed, turning red with fright and embarrassment as I cluck onto the towel for my dear life. I just came out of the shower, to find Lucas laying on my bed staring at his phone. Thank God the towel didn't drop!

He looked up at me at the sound of my shriek as he took me in from head to toe. What does he think, he's doing? A minute later, he clears his throat and chuckles, "I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

He never means to scare me but always does it

"Of course you didn't," I said, rolling my eyes. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be at the breakfast table?"

"Well, I kinda needed help with a situation and I couldn't talk about it, in front of Paul and Emily so I came here." He explained.

"What is it?" I asked with concern lacing out of my voice.

"I went out with a girl last night, but she was way too outrageous for my taste. She kept talking about some Prada bag she bought the other day and about her Paris trip, so I dropped her home after our dinner and now she won't stop calling me." He said with a worried face.

It has been a few weeks since school had started. Lucas was back to being a player as usual. He would date a girl one day and then her best friend the next. He never committed to anyone and always came to me when the situation got out of his hand. This new girl seemed to be of the type who liked to show-off. Well, it's not my problem that he went through girls as fast as I'd change my clothes in the mall's dressing room.

"If you haven't figured it out already. That's how dating works. When you go out with someone and if you like them. You call them back." I replied, annoyedly.

"How would you know how dating works? You haven't had a single boyfriend." He joked but that didn't go unnoticed by me.

"I know enough to understand how a girl would feel." I retorted.

As if he realized how wrong what he just said to me was, he hastily apologized, "I'm so sorry, Grace."

"It's fine." I cut him off.

"No. That came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." He said taking a step towards me as I backed away, because hey...I was still wrapped in a towel.

"It's fine Lucas," I said, my back hitting the wall.

"Really? You're not angry at me right?" He stopped a foot away from me.

"No, I'm not," I grumbled. Just stay where you're and don't come near me. I can't handle it.

"Okay. So you said to call back, but what if I don't want to call her back. I told you already, she was way too outrageous for my taste." He scratched his head, as I narrowed my eyes towards him. Unbelievable, "Lucas James, you can't keep doing this to every girl." I said, pointing my finger at him.

"Rachel, come down already. You'll be late for school." Mom called from downstairs.

"Coming, Mom." I yelled and looked at Lucas "You need to think twice before taking any girl out on a date next time. You can't keep hurting the feelings of every girl." Like me. "Now get out; I need to get dressed." I pushed him towards the door but he dropped down on the bed and smirked, "Or I can just wait until you finish."

"Lucas, I swear to God if you don't get out this instant...." I shouted.

"Calm down, woman; I'm leaving." He got up. "By the way, nice legs."

"Lucas!!!" I exclaimed, but he had already jumped out of the window. Of course, he used the window to come in.

When I walked into the kitchen after getting ready to find Lucas sitting on the breakfast table with Mom and Paul. We leave for school as soon as we finished our breakfast and surprisingly, we reach early than usual. Lucas stopped by his friends in the parking lot and I made my way to my locker.

I was busy arranging my books when Katie came out of nowhere and asked, "Where's Luke?"

I rolled my eyes and snapped, "I don't know." I hadn't forgotten about the stuff she said about me in the restroom the other day.

"No need to be a bitch about it." She snapped back and walked away.

I was so tempted to tell her that he went on a date with Prada girl yesterday but that'd put Lucas in a mess so I kept my mouth shut. I made my day, down the hallway, readjusting the books in my hand as I opened the door of my literature class. I make it through the entire period, getting my work done and after class ends, I make my way to History, weaving through students as I slip into the classroom.

Mrs. Drew made us run laps in our gym class and by the time the day ended, I was feeling completely exhausted and dizzy as I walk into the locker room. I sit down for a while to calm down my dizziness as the rest of the girls get dressed. When everyone leaves, I finally get up from my seat and get dressed to leave for home.

"Hi, my name is Rebecca." I jump at a cheerful voice of an unfamiliar voice as I turn around to find the same blonde who was smiling at Lucas the other day, smiling at me and I can't help but feel like I misjudged her. She didn't seem like the other girls that Lucas is used to dating. She seemed nice. I extend a friendly hand, smiling at her, "Hi, I'm Rachel. You must be new in this school."

"Yes, we just moved to Texas recently due to my Dad's transfer."

"Oh, well, welcome to Trinity. I hope you like it here." It felt nice to talk to someone so sweet, after an exhausting day.

"I think I'll love it here. This school has really hot boys." She said with twinkling eyes.

I assumed she was talking about Lucas because it makes sense as she was giving him cheeky eyes that morning.

And she confirms it by asking, "Are you dating Luke or something."

"Lucas and I are best friends and nothing else," I replied, laughing lightly.

"Best friend, yeah, right. I saw the way you two act."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Oh you know, him keeping his hands on your shoulder all the damn time, holding your hand, and walking you to class. Everything."

"It's because we're close to each other. We've been best friends for almost eight years." I chuckled, with no sense of humor because this girl was blatantly being rude.

"Well, no one knew you existed until this year. And now no guy dares to ask you out just because Luke asked them to back off." she snapped, sneering at me.

Luke asked them to back off? What does that even mean?

"What do you mean?"

"That doesn't matter. So, what is it between you and Luke?"

I just shrugged. "I told you we're best friends, and how do you even know so much. I thought you were new at this school." I pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

"I like Luke, but then I heard people talking about you both that you two are a thing, and I wanted to see who is this Luke's best friend that everyone is talking about." She said.

"I didn't know; rumors were going around about us. But trust me, we're just friends and nothing else." I explained.

"If you aren't together, why does he stick around you. You must be an amazing screw," she mused, looking at me with wide eyes.

I looked at her, shocked. "He's my best friend! I've never slept with him."

The girl looked at me with a skeptical expression on her face; she didn't believe a word I'd said as she stormed out of the locker room.

I couldn't believe people thought like that about us. He already had a reputation of dating half of the girls on the school campus, and now I'm being included in that list. It hurt me because I didn't want to be just another girl for him, that's why I decided to stay his best friend. But how much ever I loved Lucas, it hurt me to watch him with a different girl every day. Just this morning, he told me about his date the previous night and now I was being dragged into this thing out of nowhere. What is wrong with people? And what is wrong with Lucas? Why can't he just date a single girl? It'd be better to watch him with one girl rather than different girls every day. I needed to keep my distance from him, at least for some time being until the rumors die.

Just as I was about to walk out of the locker room, Lucas walked in.

"What are you doing in the girl's locker room, Lucas?" I asked, worried someone might see us together and start another rumor.

"Some girl told me you were feeling dizzy after gym class. Are you okay?" He answered worriedly.

"I'm fine."

Why does he have to be like this- sweet and caring, when I just decided to keep my distance from him. But I have to do this, I can't let people spread more rumors about us.

I didn't know how to say this to him, but finally, I did, "Lucas, can we keep our distance for some time."

"What? Where did that come from?" He chuckled.

"Because of our closeness and you introducing me to your friend circle this year, everyone is assuming that we're sleeping together," I explained.

"Well, we do sleep together." He said, scrunching his eyebrows.

"No, they think you know....that w - we are having sex," I whispered embarrassingly as I pushed open the door of the locker room and started walking out.

Another chuckle escaped from his throat as he followed me. "It's not funny. Do you want the whole school to think I'm one of your fuck buddies?" I glared at him.

"No one thinks that. And if they are talking bad stuff about you, they better hope I don't hear them." He said in a serious tone.

Suddenly I remembered something and stopped on my spot as I turned and said, "Oh my God," as realization dawned on me, then I continued, "Everyone knows about us being best friends. And now they think we're sleeping together. You flirt and screw every girl but just stick around me. That's why they think that I'm an amazing screw. Everyone thinks I'm a slut. I look so pathetic in the whole picture. " I paused, lost in the horror of my realization, and then shook my head. "I don't think I should stay with you anymore. We should just stay away from each other in general for a while, you know, just to clear their misunderstanding. At least until the rumors die."

"I'm not screwing around. Who even told you about that?" He asks, taking my bag from my arms.

"Everyone on the campus knows about that." I took my bag back from his hands, but he grabbed it again. "First of all, that's not at all true. People talk shit all the time. And second, no one thinks we're together Grace. You don't have to quit talking to me just to prove a point to them." His voice comes out a little desperate. "And even if we stop talking, what're you going to tell at home? Why aren't we talking to each other?" he says.

He was right. What will I tell Mom and Anna?

We walk towards the parking lot and then he finally speaks, "I promise I'll fix this, okay? I'll clear all the rumors, I don't want anyone to think less of you, you'll be fine, okay," he continues. "Please don't be mad at me. I don't like it when we fight." Me neither.

I stay silent.

"Let's just forget about all this okay? Let's go out tonight." He said.

"I don't think that a good idea Lucas." I hesitate.

"Look, we haven't gone out in such a long time. It'd be like a fresh start for us." He explained.

Maybe he was right, we've been fighting so much lately. By going out maybe we'll be able to clear our misunderstandings.

"Okay!!" I sighed, and we took off to go home.

_________________________________________

What do you think will happen if they go out together?
Let's see.

Don't forget to like, share, and comment if you liked the chapter.
Have a nice day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
640K 16K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
177K 34.4K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
494K 21.4K 59
"Everyone has a chapter they don't want to read out loud. Mine just so happens to be a book." Allison Bridge. Hearing her name makes most people crin...