Cafe

By m_h5024

You would hardly expect Draco Malfoy to live in the muggle part of London. But he does, and he thoroughly enj... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 24

761 35 9
By m_h5024

Hermione was getting ready to go to Draco's for dinner when she heard her phone ring. She ran into the other room to grab it and smiled when she saw who was calling.

"Molly, how nice of you to call. How are you?" Hermione was smiling as she held the phone up to her ear.

"I am well, dear. How are you?"

"Doing well, work is getting a little hectic. Trying to train someone and learn about my role before everything is officially switched over. I wouldn't trade it for the world, though."

"I have a question for you, dear,"

"Yes?" Hermione thought she had meant to do something for Molly that she had forgotten, but she couldn't come up with anything.

"I was hoping that you would be joining us for Christmas dinner. Draco is, of course, welcome to come. I know that his mother had passed away, and he doesn't have any other family. A shame, really. I can't in good conscious allow him to be alone on Christmas,"

"Molly, are you sure? Would it really be alright if we both came?" Hermione felt a great weight lifted off her chest, and the tears start to form in her eyes. She had been certain she wouldn't be welcome at Christmas dinner, and she was sure if she was, then Draco wouldn't.

"Yes, Hermione. You are part of our family, and you had a new person in your life.  I think we should all get to know the new Draco Malfoy, and this would be a wonderful opportunity to do so."

"I know I will be there, Molly. I wouldn't miss Christmas dinner, and I will talk to Draco about it tonight. I will let you know tomorrow if he is coming. Would that be alright?"

"Yes, dear. Call anytime."

"Thank you, Molly," 

"Bye dear, speak with you tomorrow."

"Goodbye,"

Hermione finished getting ready and left quickly after arriving at Draco's, only a little after she was supposed to have arrived.

"I was getting a little worried that you were still at work," Draco pulled her into a hug and kissed her softly when she came into the kitchen where he was working.

"Molly called, and I couldn't ignore her." Hermione smiled. 

"I wouldn't have either. After that howler that she sent to Ron second year, and what she did to my aunt. I wouldn't mess with that woman."

Hermione laughed, and they talked about their days and what they had been doing that day. Hermione was tired of doing two jobs and was happy to be moving into her new role soon. And by the time dinner was ready, she had exhausted all talk of work with Draco, and she shifted her focus to what Molly had called about.

"Draco,"

"Yes, dear?"

"Molly called about Christmas dinner today." Hermine paused, trying to prepare herself for the answer she was sure that Draco would have for her, "She invited us to come to the Burrow, and I really want to go, and I would if you would come with me. Though I understand if you wouldn't be comfortable with that."

He looked at Hermione; his mouth is practically open with shock. If his mother hadn't told him thousands of times to close his mouth when something shocked him, it would have been. "She really wants me there?" 

"She doesn't want you are spending Christmas dinner alone, and neither do I." 

Draco nodded a few times, trying to process all of the thoughts that were going through his mind at the moment, and then a smile crept onto his face. "I would like that," 

After his encounter with Harry, he had wondered why they had both been slightly hostile toward the other. At the party and dinner, even they had been at least civil, and Draco didn't mind Potter anymore really. He had gotten over himself a long time ago at this point, and he was willing to put in the effort to make sure that he wasn't a prick every time he saw or ran into one of Hermione's friends. 

"Really!" Hermione jumped up and threw her arms around Draco. "Thank you, Draco."

Draco kissed her head and smiled at her; Margret was right; he needed to tell her he loved her because he did.

Christmas Day

Draco had spent Christmas eve at Hermione's flat, and when he opened his eyes, he had noticed that she was not in bed with him still. 

"Hermione?" he called out.

"I'm in the kitchen making breakfast," he heard her voice faintly come into the bedroom. He wondered how long she had been up. He walked into the kitchen and kissed her. 

"Happy Christmas Draco," She wrapped her arms around him, and he held her in close. 

"Happy Christmas, Hermione. You could have woken me up, and I would have helped you." 

"I always used to make breakfast for my parents on Christmas when I was little, and I wanted to do it for you."

"Well, everything smells great." He kissed the top of her head and reached past her, and grabbed some of the fruit that was in a bowl on the counter.

"How did you used to spend your Christmases?" 

"Well, normally we would have a formal breakfast, and then my parents would watch me open all of my presents. There would always be a formal dinner with our friends that my parents deemed acceptable."

"So, not much fun?" Hermione frowned and kissed Draco again. She wished that his childhood had been happier.

"That is alright. I am sure this day with top everything."

"Well, dinner at the Burrow will be a drastic change that is for sure," 

"Am I in for some noise?"

"Not some, a lot." 

Draco laughed and helped Hermione carry all of the food that she had prepared to the table, and they continued to talk about past holidays and the traditions that they had grown up with. Hermione went over to the tree that they had put up a few weeks prior and grabbed a small package from under it. Her smile was contagious, and Draco couldn't help but smile back at her.

"I hope you like it," Hermione said shyly as she handed it to Draco. Draco slowly took the wrappings off of the small box and opened it. A smile erupted on his face. He looked up. 

"They are incredible, Hermione. Thank you." He hugged her tightly. He had always wanted cufflinks as a child, but his father always made him wear robes on special occasions. It was proper, of course, or that is what Lucious had always said, so he never had a pair. 

"I am so happy that you like them."

"I am guessing that the rubies were your idea," Draco laughed a little bit. 

"Yes, I hope they are alright."

"They are perfect," 

Draco hugged Hermione for what seemed to both of them a very long time. He was working up the courage to tell her how he felt and was getting nervous about it. He just hoped that she felt the same way.

"Hermione, I want to tell you something before I give you your gift," 

"What's that?" Hermione sat in front of Draco, listening intently on what he was about to say."

"Hermione, I am so grateful that you walked into Margret's cafe and then came back. That you didn't freak out when you saw me there and that you gave me the chance to show you that I have changed. I will forever remember our trip to Greece and how incredibly happy you make me every day. You are wonderful, and I don't deserve any of it. Before you tell me that that isn't true, I want you to know how much I love you. I haven't been so sure of anything in a long time, but I am so very sure of this." 

Hermione had started crying. She felt her heart beating faster as she listened to Draco. This was everything that she had been waiting for him to tell her. 

"Draco, I love you too." Draco beamed as she said and pulled her into himself and kissed her. When they parted, he brushed a strand of hair that had fallen onto her face, tucked it behind her ear, and kissed her nose.

"I promise I won't let anyone or anything ever hurt you again," He whispered into her ear, and she just hugged him tighter in reply. After sitting like that for what seemed like an hour, Draco reached into his pocket and pulled out the gift he wanted to give her.

Hermione opened it with care and smiled when she pulled out the locket. "It's beautiful,"

"Look inside," 

Hermione did what Draco told her and smiled even bigger if that was possible. It was a picture of them dancing at the gala. "I love it," She closed it and flipped it over, and the tears ran out of her eyes before she could stop them.

"I love you, Draco," She whispered. She handed the necklace to him and spun around. He put it on her and then kissed her neck softly.

"I want you to know that this is the best Christmas that I have ever had, and it isn't even noon yet."

"I'm glad." 

After they had cleaned up from breakfast and settled onto the couch, Hermione made Draco watch her favorite Christmas films and then sing carols with her when it was over. To her surprise, he had a wonderful voice, and she hadn't stopped smiling since she had woken up that morning. 

"Are you ready to go?" Hermione called from the door. They were going to be late for dinner, and she didn't want to be.

"Sorry dear, I couldn't find the gift I got for Mrs. Weasley for inviting me," 

Hermione smiled and kissed Draco. She wished that he had always been like this and they could have spent more time together in school. They still managed to arrive at the Burrow on time, and Hermione squeezed Draco's hand as they walked through the door. 

"Hermione!" Molly hugged her tightly and then ignored Draco's outstretched hand and pulled him into a hug as well. "Welcome to our home." 

"Thank you," Draco pulled out the package that was for her and handed it to her, "I am happy to be here. This is for you,"

"That wasn't necessary, Draco,"

"None the less, I am grateful."

Molly smiled at him, and then Hermione took Draco's hand and led him into the Burrow and introduced him to all of the Weasleys."

"This is Bill and Fluer. Their daughter is here somewhere, I presume." Hermione paused while Draco shook their hands and then moved onto the next group, "Charlie. Of course, you know George and Angelina." 

"Hello," Draco was trying not to seem intimidated by where he was, but there were many people here that he had caused a great deal of pain at some point, and he started getting increasingly more weighed down by the guilt. 

"Hello, Malfoy," Harry shook his hand, and Ginny hugged Hermione. 

"Where is Ron, Gin?"

"I am not sure why he is so late. It is unlike him to miss Mother's cooking." Ginny replied, worry encasing her voice. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Better every day," Ginny smiled, rubbing her stomach with a smile on her face. 

"Hermione, I didn't see you come in," Arthur had come from in from outside,"

"Draco, this is Mr. Weasley."

"Nice to meet you properly, sir," Draco shook Arthur's hand and tried to muster a smile that didn't give away how guilty he now felt about being here. 

"Harry!" Draco whipped around at the sound of a young boy's voice. There stood a small child with an older woman. His hair flashed platinum when he made eye contact with Draco.

"Teddy, how are you, dear?"

"I'm good. Grandmother got me broom I can ride around when I am at her house."

"Did she?" Harry smiled and picked up the small boy.

"When is my baby brother or sister going to get here?" He asked as he reached his arms out for Ginny.

"Not for a few more months, I am afraid, Teddy," Ginny answered the question with a kind voice that Draco had never heard before. Though he didn't think he had ever heard Ginny speak to children before either. 

"Aunt Hermione!" Teddy had missed the sight of her when he first came in, and a smile spread across his face when he saw her.

Draco had turned and now recognized the woman standing by Molly, "You are my Aunt Andromeda," Draco felt tears come into his eyes. He had never met her before, only heard the things that his parents and his Aunt Bellatrix had told him about her, how she had married a muggle.

"Yes, I am," She spoke kindly to Draco and seemed to be looking him over intently.

"It is nice to finally meet you," Draco stuck out his hand, and they shook. Andy found every feature that resembled her sister, and her heart felt heavy with loss. 

"I am sorry about your mother, dear,"

"I am sorry about everything," Draco knew that she had been disowned, and he felt terrible about her husband, daughter, son in law. He gathered that it was her grandson—Lupin and Tonk's son.

"No need, dear. None of that was your doing." 

"It is nice to know I have family left," Draco said it and Andy felt her eyes glaze over. "If it would be alright with you, I would love to get to know you better,"

"I would like that, Draco," 

Draco looked back at Hermione. She was smiling, holding Teddy. He walked right over and kissed her forehead. Perhaps even better than the day that he had with her, she had brought to a dinner that would reunite him with the last of his family. 

"Ron, there you are," Molly was displeased that Ron was late, but she also seemed relieved that he was not hurt.

"Sorry, Mum," Ron looked around and noticed that he was the last one there, and then his eyes fell on Hermione and Draco. His face curled into a frown. 

"None of that, Ronald. I want a peaceful supper. I mean it." Molly was waving a giant spoon she had been cooking with at him.

Ron just nodded and went and sat with Charlie. "You know you have no right to be upset about them being here. Mum wanted them both here, and if you had read the letter we all sent you telling you that they would be here, it wouldn't have been such a shock." Charlie slapped Ron's back when he grunted in reply, and Ron lowered his eyes. 

"Charlie?"

"Yes, I do think that he loves her. No, I do not think it is wise to try and get her back."

Ron just nodded his head and leaned back into the chair he was sitting in. He was going to have to get over it as hard as that was. 

It was finally time for dinner, and everyone sat down at the table and thanked Molly endlessly for supper. It was just as Draco had thought it would be. He had always longed for a family like this. Not that anyone knew that. He had never even spoken about it to his mother. He knew he was destined to have one son; that is just how it was in the Malfoy family. One son. He knew that he would never have a large family, and the thought made him incredibly sad. Hermione noticed that Draco seemed to be getting more and more upset by the minute, and she didn't have any idea why. He was having such a nice time moments ago.

"Draco," Hermione leaned in closer to him so that no one else could hear, "Are you alright?"

Draco shook his head yes and tried to muster up a smile, but Hermione wasn't buying it.

"Are you sure, because you look absolutely miserable right now,"

"I'll talk to you about it later. Not now," He took her hand and gave it a squeeze, put a smile back on his face, and tried to listen in to the conversations around him to get his mind off family. Hermione dropped the subject but stuck it in the back of her mind. She would most definitely be bringing it back up later when they were back at her flat. 

"Molly, this was wonderful; thank you so very much for having us. I had a wonderful time. Happy Christmas," Hermione had finished saying her goodbyes to everyone else and finally had come to Mrs. Weasley. 

"Anytime dear, I am so glad that you were able to make it." Mrs. Wealsey pulled Hermione into a bone clenching hug and whispered in her ear, "You know he really loves you. I can tell, dear." 

Hermione smiled and nodded at Mrs. Wealsey before looking back at Draco. She loved him just as much, "I love him, Molly,"

"Wonderful," was all that Molly said to Hermione, and she let a breath relieved. 

"Mrs. Weasley, thank you for allowing me in your home and making me feel so welcome here. Not to mention, your supper was amazing." Draco went to shake her hand but found himself in a hug. It was like the hugs his mother used to give him when he was younger. He felt the love that poured out of the witch that was holding him. He almost melted into her arms, and Hermione saw the tears rising in his eyes. 

"Come back with Hermione anytime dear," Mrs. Weasley had taken in Harry long ago and given him love just like this, and she had a feeling that she was going to be taking Draco under her wing as well. To give her love to people was a gift, and she would continue to share that gift until she reunited with her brothers after death. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 27 20
Hermione is coming back to Hogwarts for her 8th year. Where she must deal with her childhood enemy. But will he be the same man he was then?
194K 5K 17
It's their last year at Hogwarts. All the people from the war are allowed to return for their last year, but when Draco and Hermione are Head Boy and...
39.1K 920 16
Draco Malfoy is in his final year at Hogwarts; with the task to fight against his friends he realizes how much he hates being a Death Eater. But, whe...
132 0 65
After Frankie's boyfriend of 2 years cheated on her, Francesca started to notice a certain person was beginning to make a move. After endless flirtin...