silent love { Dutch Van Der L...

By wildwest56

ever since your family was killed by a gang of outlaws, you've lived your life on the run. you had to learn t... More

1. snowstorms
2. fitting in
3. you ever been in love?
4. shopping trip
5. anastasia
6. nightmares
7. party
8. would they be proud?
9. arguments
10. nothing to crazy
11. moving, again
12. fishing trip
13. talks
14. moonshine
15. daytime drinking
16. love
17. no rules in war
18. rip van winkle
19. birthdays
20. best birthday ever
21. angelo bronte
23. party
24. mrs. callahan
25. told you so
26. lovebirds
27. secrets out
28. your not going
29. he would be proud
30. lost
31. worried
32. they need to pay
33. getting you out
34. downfall
35. just a social call
36. relfecting
37. conversations
38. we got him
39. doubt
40. what now
41. traitors
42. be good, be safe
43. goodbye
44. I know a place
45. silent love
the end!

22. dress shopping

2.7K 80 122
By wildwest56

~~~~♛~~~~

It was a few days after Jacks return and almost time for the party Angelo Bronte invited Dutch to. Dutch has told you that him, Arthur, Bill, Hosea, and you would be attending. You planned on going to get a dress today.

"What kind of dress should I get? I've never been to anything like this." You asked Arthur as he sat next to you and drew in his journal.

"I haven't either, just get something fancy, I'm sure you'll fit in." He responded not looking up.

You watched as Arthur concentrated on whatever he was drawing. You slowly start to lift your head to try and peak in before he slams it shut. "Not happening." He said sternly.

"Why!" You pouted.

"I don't go reading your journal!" He snapped back.

"Yes you did." You said furrowing you're eyebrows.

Arthur thought for a moment. "Oh yeah." He stood up. "Well I gotta go, I'm meeting Mary in town."

"Mary?" You said raising your eyebrow with a smirk.

"Just helping her out." He said rolling his eyes.

"I better get all the details when you get back!" You yelled as he walked away. You smiled and scanned camp to see what everyone was doing. Dutch had been out of camp all morning looking for some more leads with Hosea. You looked to your left to see Javier making his way over to you. You greeted him with a smile as he sat down next to you. "You ready to go out and do something?" He asked.

You totally forgot you told him you would go out into town with him a few days ago. "Actually I have to go get a dress for that stupid party with Bronte if you want to come with me?" You said to him. He nodded. "Okay I'll be ready in a few minutes."

Javier made his way to the horses while you stayed sitting for a moment. He hadn't done anything 'romantic' with you recently so you hoped that meant his feelings were gone, but you weren't sure. You finally stood up and made your way over to meet him. You mounted up and headed out of camp.

"Bill, in a suit? I dread to see the day." Javier said as you explained the party.

"Yeah well what about me in a dress? I haven't worn one of them since I was five!" You responded back.

He laughed, "the difference is you will look good. Bill on the other hand..."

"I'm sure he will look fine all dressed up." You said trying to support the man who always gets picked on.

"I guess only time will tell." Javier said.

You made your way into Saint Denis and to the tailors. You hitched your horses and walked up the steps and into the store. The clerk turned and greeted you with a smile. "What can I help you two with?" He asked.

"I need a dress for a party." You said awkwardly. Javier noticed your uneasiness and chuckled under his breath. You quickly elbowed him in the ribs.

"Okay Miss. Here's our catalog, go through and pick something out." The man said sliding the catalog across the counter. You opened the book and slowly started flipping the pages. You scrunched your nose at the book, not liking anything you were seeing. Sure there were some pretty ones, but nothing you could see on yourself. You realized you got to the end without finding anything. The clerk watched as you flipped back to the first page to look through again.

"She'll take this one." Javier said pointing to one of the dresses. You looked at him and furrowed your eyebrows. "Very well, I'll go get that, one moment." The man said before disappearing into a different room.

"You were taking to long." Javier said looking down at you.

"They were all ugly we should just go somewhere else. Or maybe I won't go at all." You said.

"Just try this one on." He said still looking at you. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. "Fine."

The clerk came back holding the dress. "You can go to the back and try it on if you'd like." The man said. You looked at Javier with worry before he shooed you to the back. You knew you wouldn't get to leave until you tried on the dress so you just wanted to get it over with.

You quickly changed into the dress and looked in the mirror. The dress Javier picked out was a simple dark purple satin dress. It was tight at the top and slowly got looser as it went down. It wasn't as over the top as a ball gown which you liked. You smiled slightly, you looked better than you thought you would. You slowly stepped out of the back and made you way to Javier. He looked over and studied you in the dress. Your face turned red as you noticed other people in the store turn to look also. "Wow." Is all Javier said.

"Do you like it?" You asked playing with your fingers.

"I love it." He responded. You smiled and turned to go back and change. You got the dress off and neatly hung it back up. You quickly got dressed and headed back out. Javier was holding a necklace with a purple amethyst stone in it. "I thought this would look nice with the dress." He said holding it up. You took it from him and studied it. "I love it, let me go pay."

"No need." The clerk said. "Your friend already paid." He smiled. You looked over to Javier. "What's with you Van Der Linde boys and buying me things?" You asked.

"I guess it's what we do." He chuckled. Let's head back. You left the store and walked back to the horses. You put your dress on the back of Anastasia, making sure nothing was hanging on the ground. You were about to mount up before Javier grabbed your hand and turned you to face him. You raised an eyebrow at his action. His eyes darted back and forth for a moment, looking nervous.

"I've really enjoyed our time together y/n, and I'm so glad to have the relationship we do." He started. Your eyes went wide as you realized what he was doing, but your body was frozen.

"But I want more." He said looking at your face for a reaction. He slowly leaned down and hovered his lips over yours for a moment, before kissing you. You kissed him back for a few seconds, before pushing him back. "Javier..." you started.

"I'm sorry. I just thought-"

"No. It's my fault. I shouldn't have been so flirty." You said cutting him off. He looked to the ground.

"Is it Arthur?" He asked.

"What? No." You said catching his gaze again. "Arthur's like a brother." You paused for a moment. "It's not anyone, I'm just not ready for something like this." You lied. "Let's head back to camp." You said.

The ride back was quiet. You tried to have conversations with Javier so he didn't feel so awkward but it didn't work. When you got back to camp he helped you off your horse before walking back to his tent. You frowned, you felt bad but at least he knew. You turned to see Dutch standing at the front of the house. You picked up you dress and walked over to him.

"Well let's see it." He said looking at the dress in your hands.

"Nope, not until the party." You teased.

"Fine." He said rolling his eyes. "How was your trip?"

"Oh uh." Your eyes darted to Javier who was sitting by the fire. "Uneventful." You said.

"Okay good. Well the party is tomorrow night, so make sure your ready." He said.

"Yes sir." You responded with a wink.

He chuckled. "Oh Miss. L/n..."

You smiled and walked back to your tent. You put the dress down and pulled out your journal. What a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283 10 4
After an unfortunate set of circumstances, followed by a chance encounter in a Saint Denis saloon, the two's lives became intertwined unexpectedly. Y...
50.6K 2.6K 53
Nora has spent most of her life in solitude, travelling only with her business partner JB Cripps. Always on the move, never allowing herself the time...
206K 6.2K 47
Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when suddenly, unexpected guests drop by. All b...
20.9K 765 52
The van der Linde gang has taken shelter deep in the snowy mountains in an old mining camp known as Colter, following their botched robbery in the to...