My Complicated Life! (AU Harr...

By sassygirl93

Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coo... More

My Complicated Life! (AU Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 66:
Chapter 67:
Chapter 68:
Chapter 69:
Chapter 70:
Chapter 71:
Chapter 72:
Chapter 73:
Chapter 74:
Chapter 75
Chapter 76:
Chapter 77:
Chapter 78
Chapter 79:
Epilogue:

Chapter 39:

16K 372 122
By sassygirl93

A/N: PLEASE vote and comment! Over 250 people read each chapter, so if like half of you vote and possibly comment you would make me the happiest girl alive <3 :D

Eva’s POV

 “I’m glad we are doing this.” I smile at Harry.

“Me too, it’s been a long week and a half.” Harry smiles. We are sitting across from each other at Chili’s. He wanted to take me out and ‘celebrate’ that Elise is home resting before she starts Chemo next Monday.

“It’s kind of weird that we’re going on a date on a school night.”

“Who said it was a date?” he teased, I narrowed my eyes, and gave him an unimpressed look.

“Just teasing baby.” He chuckles.

“I just figured it would break up the week a little.” He says. I agree as I take a bite of my Tilapia.

“I know its a few months to soon, but have you thought about Spring Break?” He asks.

“I never think about spring break. I can’t afford to do anything.” I remind him.

“My parents were talking about going to London, would you maybe—ummm---want to come with us?” Harry stumbles over his words.

“Really?” I’m shocked.

“Yeah, we are staying in London, but we are going to visit my hometown and I would love for you to see where I grew up.” He plays with the straw in his cup.

“I would love to.” I smile at him.

“Wait really?” a smile creeps its way to his lips, I smile and shrug my shoulders.

“You don’t have a passport right?”

“No.”

“Well you need to get one.” He grins widely.

“I guess so.”  I smile, I can’t believe in a matter of months I will be spending a week in London with Harry.

“Wait—do your parents know?” I ask. He gives me a ‘are you serious’ look.

“What? I was just checking.” I put my hands up in defense. My phone starts to ring, so I search through my bag until I find it.

“Hate that ringtone.” Harry groans, I roll my eyes and answer my phone.

“Hey Liam.” I try and hold back my laugh.

“H-hey.” Liam sounds like he is crying.

“What’s wrong?” I tense, Harry is watching me intently.

“Elise was rushed to the hospital, she can’t b-breath.” He cries.

“Can you come over and stay with the girls?” he asks.

“Yea—umm I’m out at dinner with Harry, so h-“

“He can come with you, just please come over.” He begs.

“Yeah, we will pay and we will be right there.” I tell him without even asking Harry if it’s okay. I look up and see Harry wave the waitress over.

“We need the check now.” He demands, catching the poor girl off guard.

“Okay thank you.” Liam hangs up.

“What’s going on?” Harry asks as the waitress comes rushing back to us with the check. He doesn’t even look at the price he just hands her his card and tells her to hurry.

“Elise was rushed to the hospital, she can’t breathe,” I tell him as I put on my jacket.

“We need to watch the girls-- well I need to.” I don’t want to force Harry to stay with me.

“Here you go, I hope everything is alright.” The waitress hands Harry his card back.

“Thanks.” He takes out his wallet to put his card back in, he takes out a ten dollar bill and throws it on the table as he stands up.

“Let’s go.” He tells me, I nod and follow him out of the restaurant and to his car.

“I’m staying with you.” He tells me when we get into the car.

“Good.” I give him a small smile. He drives as quickly as he can to Liam’s house and as soon as he turns the car off I rush to the front door, I jiggle the doorknob and it’s locked, so I grab my key and unlock the door. I see Liam running down the stairs with his phone in his hand.

“Thank you so much.” He pulls me into a tight hug.

“I need to go—the girls are in Lacey’s room, I just calmed them down, they saw Elise getting taken away and—“ he pauses.

“I will try and get their minds off of it.” I feel Harry place his hand on my lower back.

“I really need to go, Louis and Eleanor just got to the hospital—“ Liam stuffs his phone in his jean pocket and pulls his jacket over his shoulders.

“Go, we will be fine.” I tell him.

“Keep me posted.” I add.

“I will.” He kisses the side of my head, he walks past me and pats Harry on the shoulder before he leaves the house.

“Should he really be driving?” Harry states.

“Probably not, but I wasn’t going to tell him that.” I sigh.

“Come on, let’s go check on the girls.” I nod my head towards the stairs. He doesn’t say anything he just follows me up the stairs. When we get to Lacey’s room both girls are curled up on Lacey’s queen sized bed (yes queen). I look at Harry silently begging him to tell me what I should do, but he shrugs his shoulders.

“Eva?” Lacey whispers, I snap my head in her direction and see they are staring at me and Harry with the saddest eyes I’ve ever seen. I walk over to them and open my arms for them, they crawl over to me and hold onto me tightly.

“I remember you.” Lacey points at Harry, he smiles at her.

“Curly.” Lydia smiles at him.

“Actually that’s Harry.” I chuckle.

“Hi.” He waves awkwardly by the door.

“Is mommy going to be okay?” Lacey turns her attention back to me.

“I hope so.”  I tell her, she nods and looks back to Harry eyeing him curiously.

“Do you girls want to play Candy Land?” I ask, hoping that would get their minds off what they saw.

“YES!” They both squeal, and I’m pretty sure I hear Harry groan. They get off the bed and rush past Harry and out of the room.

“I hate that game.” Harry whispers to me.

“It’s not bad.”  I laugh.

“Just put a smile on your handsome face and play the damn game.” I pinch his cheek playfully.

“Anything for you my love.” He says sarcastically. I walk around him and he pinches my butt.

“Heyyy.” I squeal.

“I didn’t do anything.” He hold his hands up, I roll my eyes at him, and walk downstairs to help the girls set up the game.

Within about thirty minutes Harry and the girls were best of friends, he even started to enjoy playing Candy Land. Lydia sat in his lap while we played, she kept calling him ‘curly’ which I think if it wasn’t a two year old little girl he would’ve had a problem with it. After we played Candy Land three times (yes three times) the girls decided they wanted to play dress-up, which is why Harry is now sporting a pink boa around his neck.

“Don’t you look pretty?” I tease as I take a quick picture.

“You better delete that.” He glares at me, well tries to he has a big goofy smile on his face, so it’s hard to take him seriously.

“Harry is a pretty girl.” Lacey giggles, Harry’s head snaps in her direction and she screams and runs behind her bed to hide. Harry rushes over to her and she runs in-between his legs and he goes rushing after her, causing both of them to laugh. Harry is so good with them, both girls hold on to every word he says—well that might be because of the accent, but still…. He will make a great father one day. My phone starts to vibrate tearing me from my thought.

“I’ll be right back.” I tell Harry, he smiles and goes back to playing with the girls. I leave the room before I answer Liam’s call.

“Hey.”

“E-Eva—“ He trails off and my stomach churns. Something isn’t right. I don’t say anything I wait for him to talk first.

“E-Elise she—ummm—she d-died.” He sobs. My heart drops and my eyes widen.

“W-what?” I’m shocked, I hear rustling on his side of the receiver before I hear Eleanor’s voice.

“You still there?” She asks.

“Yeah, what the hell happened?” I hear her inhale a deep shaky breath.

“When she got to the hospital she got a MRI and it showed she had a blood clot in her lungs. They were prepping her for emergency surgery when the clot moved and it block an artery stopping the blood flow completely—there was nothing they could do—it was too late.” By now I had tears streaming down my face. I can’t believe Elise is gone—Liam and those little girls have to live without her…

“What’s wrong baby?” Harry’s voice startles me. I shake my head and turn my attention back to Eleanor.

“Is there anything I can do?” I ask even though I know the answer.

“Yeah, can you stay with the girls tonight and maybe tomorrow? Liam is a wreck and he needs to pull himself together before he sees the girls.” She replies.

“Yeah, of course. Please tell him and Louis I’m so sorry.” Harry starts rubbing soothing circles on my back.

“Of course, thanks for watching the girls. I will text or call you when I can.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.” She hangs up.

“What’s going on?” Harry asks with panic on his face.

“Eva, why you crying?” Lacey asks me, I turn and see the girls standing in her doorway.

“I’m not crying sweetie-- I accidentally poked myself in my eyes.” I lie horribly.

“You silly.” She giggles, I let out a sigh of relief.

“Yeah silly me.” I force myself to smile. I’m not going to be the one to tell her, her mom is never coming home.

“Why don’t you girls change into your pj’s—it’s bed time.” It’s nine o’clock and an hour passes their bedtime.

“Do we have to?” Lacey whines.

“Yes, so go change and help your sister—please.” I tell her.

“Ook. Harry will you read us a bedtime story?” Lacey looks up at him with puppy dog eyes. He sighs and looks over at me.

“Yeah, you need to change first.” He tells her, both girls jump and Lacey takes Lydia to her room to change.

“We can talk after they go to bed.” I tell him, I don’t want to risk them hearing me.

“Ok.” He leans down and kisses my lips softly.

“While you read to them I’m going to go make some tea.” I say more as a question.

“That’s fine. I’ll be down soon.” He kisses my lips again. As I make my way to the top of the stairs I see the girls running past Harry and into Lacey’s room for her to change. I smile at their innocents then my face falls when I remember that their lives are going to be torn apart in the next day or so when they find out. I sigh and walk downstairs and into the kitchen. While I’m waiting for the kettle to boil my phone vibrates. I have a new message from Liam.

Liam: Eleanor told me you are going to stay over… Thank you, I really appreciate it… you can stay in the room Elise showed you (you know the one that would be yours?) I’m going to stay with Louis and Eleanor tonight, I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon… Are you sure you don’t mind missing school?

Me: Take all the time you need, the girls and I will be fine…

Liam: Okay thank you, please tell them I love them. I will see you tomorrow. Goodnight sweetie xoxo

Me: Goodnight.

“They are fast asleep in Lacey’s room—I figured that was fine.” Harry walks over to me. I knew it wouldn’t take long for them to fall asleep…

“Yeah that’s fine.” I run my hand through my hair.

“What happened, because by the look on your face it isn’t good?” He grabs my hand and our fingers intertwine.

“Elise died.” I whisper just in case the girls aren’t actually sleeping.

“She what?” He’s understandably shocked.

“Yeah, a blood clot—clogged her artery in her lung.” I explain.

“Damn.” I let go of his hand and grab the screaming kettle off the stove, and begin to make a cup of tea.

“Yeah, Liam isn’t coming home tonight, so I’m staying here.” I hope he doesn’t argue with me.

“I’ll stay with you.” He doesn’t even hesitate.

“You don’t need to, plus I don’t think Liam would like that too much.” I hand him a cup of tea, which he gladly takes. I set my cup on the counter next to me, so it can cool off a bit.

“Harry you can go home—I will be fine here.” I reach up and cup his face, he leans into my touch.

“I can pick you up and drive you to school.” Harry offers.

“I’m not going to school tomorrow, I’m going to stay with the girls until Liam comes home.” All of Liam’s and Elise’s family left to go back home Monday, since Elise was doing better. Some of them were coming back on Sunday to be back for when she started chemo. So the only family Liam has to watch the girls is Louis, Eleanor, and myself.

“Oh okay.” He tilts his head and presses his lips to my palm. I move my hand and place it on his chest.

“I will go run home and get you a change of clothes—do you want or need anything?” He asks.

“You don’t need to d-“

“Do you want or need anything?” He cuts off my protest.

“Maybe my pillow.”

“Okay, I will go get that now.”  He steps around me and places his cup of tea in the sink.

“I will be right back.” He kisses my cheek before walking out of the kitchen. I watch him leave the house before I curl up on the couch with my cup of tea. I can’t believe Elise is gone…she technically didn’t even die from the cancer.

A week passes and I’m sitting next to Liam in the church as all of his and Elise’s friends and family say ‘I’m sorry for your loss’. The funeral just ended and we have thirty minutes before we have to head to the grave site for the burial. I have Lacey and Lydia curled up into my sides fast asleep… Lydia is oblivious to what is going on, as is Lacey, but Lacey knows her mom isn’t coming home. I was there when Liam told the girls their mom died, and the look on Lacey’s face was heartbreaking. Lydia didn’t understand, so she just stared at her daddy and sister with wide eyes, while they cried.

“We should get going.” Liam tells me softly as he bends down to pick up Lacey, I nod and carefully pick up Lydia the best I can, I still can’t put too much pressure on my wrist.

“Here let me.” Louis takes Lydia from me.

“Thanks.” He nods and I follow him and Liam out of the Church. As we get to Liam’s car I see Harry and his parents talking by Isaac’s car.

“You can ride with them if you want.” Liam surprises me by saying.

“Are you sure?” I ask.

“Yeah, the girls are sleeping anyways.” He tells me. Over the past week the girls and I have gotten really close, they’ve actually grown really attached to Harry as well, since he tags along half the time.

“Go.” Liam forces a smile, I nod and kiss his cheek, before I walk over to Harry and his family.

“Hey, can I ride with you guys?” I ask hesitantly.

“Of course darling.” Emily pulls me into her side.

“How’s everyone holding up?” She asks as we hop into Isaac’s car.

“As good as they can be.” I tell her.

“How are you?” Isaac asks.

“I’m fine, but I feel like I’m getting weird looks since I’m sitting with Elise’s husband, her kids, and her family.” I shrug.

“They will get over it.” Harry smiles.

“Yeah.” I turn to look out the window. The rest of the car ride is silent, Harry rests his hand on my thigh. After the burial we all head back to Liam’s house for lunch, I once again ride with Harry and his parents. When we arrive at the house the girls are wide awake and running around like someone gave them a red bull.

“I’m going to be happy when they leave.” Louis walks up to me and wraps his arms around me.

“Who?”

“Jolene and Carl.” He groans as he pulls away. He smiles at Harry and his parents before looking back at me.

“Do I want to know?” I ask.

“I just can’t stand them. They are going around telling everyone who you are even though Liam asked them not too.” He rolls his eyes.

“Why wouldn’t he want people to know?” Harry says harshly.

“It’s not the time nor the place to tell nosy people who she is.” Louis answers. 

“I was the one to tell him not to feel obligated to tell people just because I’m here.”  I add, Harry looks taken back.

“Oh.” Harry nods.

“Speak of the devils.” Louis groans as Jolene and Carl make their way over to us.

“You must be Harry’s parents.” Jolene smiles.

“Yes ma’am.” Emily smiles at the bitchy old lady.

“Apparently he has been really helpful with the girls.” Jolene sounds skeptical. No one knows how to respond to that, which I think is what Jolene was going for.

“Eva love, I heard Liam finally came to his senses and asked you to move in.” Jolene smiles at me. SHIT! I look over at Harry and his face is a mixture of hurt and anger. I didn’t tell Harry that Liam asked me to move in…

“Are you going to move in?” Carl asks, I stare at Harry and I open and close my mouth not knowing how to answer his question.

“Well.” Harry spits.

“I—umm I told him—yes.”

A/n: CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!! Sorry not sorry? LOL

Did any of you think Elise was going to die?

How do you think he will react to Eva agreeing to move in with Liam?

Next chapter will be up on Tusday!

Please VOTE!

and

COMMENT! COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT, I LOVE READING THEM!

Follow me if you can!

Lot’s of Love,

Allie<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.1K 40
Its like a never ending thing. Everyone takes part in it. No one really cares. Its a problem that happens everyday to millions, but Harry never thoug...
209K 5.9K 32
This is not the same story that starts with a girl who's been abused or been in an orphanage for her entire life. No,this is the story of how a girl...
14.8K 561 20
The thing is, Louis was a worrier. He always had been and probably always would be. With his past, it was kind of inevitable. He worried about everyt...
64.3K 1.4K 34
Excerpt From Chapter 8: "I swear, she's such a pain in the ass," says Harry. That's when I had it. "You know what? You boys don't understand anything...