The Last Time I Saw You

By BVLGARILALIX97

"Babe smilee pleasssee" "Hereee i'm smiling" "Wait babe.." "Baby are you making fun of me? I've been smiling... More

1 | Back from the dark
2 | The BIG Project
3 | Back Home
4 | Last Day
5 | Apology
6 | How It All Happened
7 | The Conference
8 | Surprised?
9 | Number
10 | Mom
11 | Party
12 | Weirdest, most beautiful person
13 | Weird
14 | Hoodie
15 | Jenjen's Secret
16 | The Boyfriend
17 | To Los Angeles!
Accounts [not an update]
18 | Coachella
19 | A Coffee Date
20 | Chitchat
21 | The Manobans
Accounts .2 [not an update]
22 | New York Ft. You
23 | Oops, Jelly?
24 | By the fire
25 | Lights Out!
26 | Talk
27 | Two Heartbreaks in a Row
28 | What is it Tzuyu?
29 | Those eyes never lie..
30 | I am not drunk!
32 | I'll take you there
33 | And then our eyes met
34 | The Last Time I'll See You..

31 | Regrets

12.5K 344 74
By BVLGARILALIX97

Jennie POV

"Why didn't you tell me ealier?" I sighed. It was the next day after the party. I leaned back to the chair after placing the cup of Coffee my dad just paid for.

Yes, I'm with my dad, Woobin. The last time I met him was four years ago. I avoided him for that long. What he did was unforgivable. It made me go through thousands of nights blaming myself and regretting everything I did.

But today, I had the courage to meet him again. He was still the same. Still the elegant, fashionista business man he is.

"You're with Jongin that time Jen. I can't just let you leave him and go back to Li-"

"So you let me leave Lisa instead? You let me leave her 'cause she's not the same as before?" I cut him off shortly then gave him a glare "Dad, I looked for her! I skipped tons of training backthen! Luckily, Nayeon was soon to be the CEO so she helped me get my shit together. I stopped because mom and my friends told me to. But I never stopped waiting for Lisa to comeback. I didn't even care about her condition. I love her for who she is." I avoided tearing up.

"So why are you going back to New Zealand if you love Lisa that much?" I swear to anyone who's even listening, he fucking caught me off guard.

For a second, I thought about it.

"She doesn't love me anymore dad. She thought I left her for nothing." I smiled bitterly. "That's why I'm leaving. Game over."

"J-Jen I'm sorr-"

"It's ok. I know you only wanted the best for me. Accompany me to JYG dad, I'll be talking to Nayeon about the plan."

FAST FORWARD | Night of Departure

After having that unexpected encounter with Lisa, my mind went off again. I kept on questioning myself on whether this is the right decision.

I know that this would help me forget everything.

But am I even ready to forget?

Street lights were flashing against my eyes as I drive to the airport. I kept on remembering every single happy memory I made with Lisa for the past months.

I couldn't help but smile bitterly in this situation.

(Typos : do*)

I guess Chaeyoung already told them. My friends kept on bombarding my phone, telling me not to leave.

It's hard, but I have to ignore them. I can feel my tears dripping down my cheek.

Why does it have to be this hard?

(Typos : wait*)

They were texting me non stop. Hoping that I'll comeback and stay.
But I can't.

I'm choosing myself this time.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry guys..sorry." I kept on mumbling to myself, not even minding the tears that kept dripping down my face.

I was about to turn off my phone.

But one text got my attention. It pushed me to pick it up and answer them.

I can't believe it. I didn't think it was real until...

With that, I picked up my phone.

I was ready to call Jisoo, but in a blink of an eye, I ended up having my head on the steering wheel.

"No..." I said to myself.

Glasses from the windshield were placed everywhere around me.

A liquid started to drip down the side of my head. I had no strength to reach my phone that is on the passeger seat.

My vision got blurry. And the next thing was all black.

*end of POV*

@The Hospital

"Five private vehicles were involved in the accident. It was said that one of the vehicles lost its brakes, causing it to crash onto the other fo-" Chaeyoung closed the radio. They have arrived at the hospital.

After parking the car, Lisa immediately got off, leaving Chaeyoung and Jisoo inside.

She ran into the halls with tears. She wasn't minding anyone.

"Where is Jennie Kim?" She asked the nurse in the Emergency Room's front desk.

The nurse didn't have anyword. She just scanned through the records for Jennie's name. She was spooked by Lisa's look.

"She's in OR 5. Operation is on going. Please d-" Lisa didn't let her finish. She rushed through the halls.

Jennie's state was the only thing in her mind. She kept blaming herself for this.

Once she turned the corner, she saw Irene, Jongin and Hanbin.

But she didn't expect Hanbin and Jongin to be arguing at this moment.

"You didn't deserve Jennie!" Hanbin pointed his finger at Jongin.

Jongin got triggered. He stood up and started to rage on Hanbin. "And what made you deserve her huh? You were just jealous because she never chose you in the first place!" Luckily, Irene was able to stop them.

"Yah! You shouldn't be fighting right now! Jennie is inside and we don't even know her state!" With that, Jongin gave a death glare to Hanbin then started walking away.

He was walking towards Lisa's direction.

"J-jongin.." Lisa called him before he pass her. She was like whispering.

He stopped in his tracks."Didn't I tell you to take care of Jennie?...Oh shit, I forgot. But it doesn't mean you have to wait until she gets into an accident just for you to care." He wasn't looking at Lisa. By the looks of him, it seemed like he cried. His eyes were slightly red due to crying. "We're you this dumb to not notice how she fucking love you?" He raised his voice in frustration.

Lisa couldn't say anything but apologies. "I'm s-sorry." She was looking down, trying hard not to cry.

Jongin didn't respond, instead, he just left her.

She looked at Hanbin and Irene's side. Irene was patiently waiting for Jennie. She was fidgeting, but still tried her best to calm down.

When Hanbin's gaze landed on her, Lisa started to walk away.

She started to break down. The guilt in her started to build up. She couldn't stop the sobs and  tears that was flowing down.

"Lisa." Hanbin grabbed her by the hand making her face him.

Fast Forward..

It was already 1 a.m. Hanbin brought Lisa to the Hospital's caffeteria.

"Jennie's already in the Intensive Care Unit, Lisa." He said as he close his phone.

Lisa immediately stood up. She was winded for over an hour, staring blankly at the walls, not even minding anyone.

"H-Hey, where are you going?" Hanbin placed a hand on her shoulder to sit her down.

"I'm going to see Jennie." She shortly said.

"No one is allowed to see her yet." He said. Lisa sighed in defeat.

"You calm down first. You've been crying the past hour." He placed a bottle of water.

Lisa was confused by his actions. She glared at him while he open a can of soda.

"What do you want?" She was looking straight at him.

"Remember the girl that I was waiting for? The girl I talked about when we first met? Remember her?" He asked her like he didn't mind Lisa's question.

"Hanbin, what do yo wan-"

"That girl is Jennie." He looked at Lisa with a broken smile.

Lisa remembered everything. She remembered how Hanbin said it was an arrange marriage and how he waited for that girl.

Lisa was speechless at this point.

"We we're in an arranged marriage five years ago in New Zealand. It was for the businesses of our family." He started off. "I really liked Jennie at the very start. I was even ready to give up being a trainee for that arranged marriage that time. I was ready to make her the happiest girl ever." He continued like he was day dreaming. "But the world is unfair." He chuckled, but his eyes tells a different story.

Lisa was intently listening to him.
"I was doing my best to make her the happiest. But when you're not the one who makes them the way they are, it won't work."

At this point, Lisa started to pity Hanbin. She was ashamed of herself for pushing Jennie away, while on the other hand, Jennie pushes other people away because she only have one person in her heart.

"She opened up everything to me. She said that Woobin gave her a condition. She has to marry me in exchange for something that is very important to her. At first, I didn't want to believe her. But when she said she's doing the wedding for the sake of someone she loves, I just knew I gotta let her go." Hanbin was still smiling, while Lisa on the other hand started to tear up.

"Then everything just made sense. She never had a smile on her because she has someone she truly loves. I tried approaching Woobin about this, he confessed that he only wanted the best for his daughter...he didn't want her to just treat a bli-"

"I was a burden to Jennie." Lisa said. Tears started to drip down her cheeks.

"No...you're not." Hanbin said. This made Lisa raise her head.

"I didn't totally called off the wedding. I told her that I'd wait for her. But that was all excuses for Woobin. I figured, maybe if she'll continue being in JYG and become an Idol, it would be hard for Woobin to meddle with her. And it did work."

"So...you just let her go?" Lisa asked.

"She became happier, right? Even though she fell for another man."

"And it's alright risking all that?"

"Yes. When she met Jongin, she was able to find the person she truly loves."

Lisa got confused at this point.

"When Jennie knew that Woobin didn't find you a doctor, she quickly left her dad. She was mad. She returned to Korea just to find you. Woobin didn't want to lose his daughter, and so he tried his best to console her. But Jennie shut him off her life. And so he regret everything. He wanted to make things right. He started by keeping his promise to Jennie even though she already had Jongin."

"I know that part." Lisa said.

"But did you know that Jongin's dad was the one who operated on you two years ago?"

This made Lisa speechless.

'Yes. When she met Jongin, she was able to find the person she truly loves.'

''So that's what he meant by that.'' She mumbled to herself.

"When Jennie met Jongin, it opened an opportunity for Jennie to get the person she love back."

"Hanbin...I-"

"You know, it was really funny how she thought she got over you. But when she saw you again...it just proved how her heart never stopped beating for you."

Lisa gets it now.

"Imagine, she was sent away from you, was set on an arranged marriage with a man who truly loves her, fell inlove with someone else for about two years...but ended up still loving you."

She now knows how much Jennie loves her.

"You should take care of her, Lisa. You don't know how hard she fought back then...just to have you again."

"H-Hanbin.." she called his name.

"Hmm?"

"T-Thank you...thank you for telling me.." She said.

Hanbin gave her a smile.

Few minutes later..

Lisa was left in the Caffeteria. Hanbin received a call that he had to pick up.

Lisa was recalling everything. She couldn't believe that the girl who she thought that left her, fought harder than her.

"Hey, I know I should've gave this to you earlier, but yeah. I'm sorry." The silence was broken when Jisoo came, offering an ice pack to Lisa.

Lisa stood up without saying a word and faced Jisoo.

"Does that hurt?" Jisoo tried to hold her slightly bruised cheek but was stopped by Lisa's action.

Lisa immediately pulled Jisoo into a hug.

"I'm sorry Jisoo-ya...I'm so sorry.." She said with a slight crack on her voice.

"Shhh, It's ok....I'm sorry...I'm also sorry." Jisoo hugged her and caressed her back to give her comfort.

Jisoo pulled out of the hug then handed Lisa the ice pack. "I'm sorry about that.."

"It's ok Jisoo-ya." Lisa assured her.

"By the way, you left this in the car." Jisoo handed her the envelop from earlier. "You better read this Lisa...soo I'll get going now. I'll meet you outside the Unit ok?"

Lisa just nodded. Jisoo gave her a long hug before leaving.

It took her a while before opening the envelope. She wasn't able to give attention to it when she was at the mansion because of what happened earlier.

But now, she had the time to atleast read it.

She started opening it.

The first thing that she got is a small card.

To: LALISA MANOBAN

Then she pulled out a paper.

It was a letter.

Hey!
I don't know if you'll be reading this.
But if you do, I want you to know that I probably won't be there anymore.

The time you read this, I'll be away. I won't be home.

I wrote this to apologize...
For everything I have done.

I don't know if you'll believe me..but I did my best to have you back.

But I guess, I don't deserve you.

I never told you I looked for you. I mean, what's the point of telling you? For forgiveness? That's too unfair. I left you when you needed me. And that's unforgivable.

Remember backthen? When we used to watch the night sky together?

Remember how you promised me that you'll take me to the moon?

Funny isn't it?

Please do me a favor.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to always smile.
I want you to be loved.

Please don't cry.
Don't ever make decisions that will hurt you.
Don't ever let anyone hurt you.

I wan't you to experience the same amount of love and joy you gave me backthen.

I want you to stay happy....

even though I'm not the cause of your happiness.

Take her to the moon for me?

Make your girl happy.
Love her.
Give her the best version of you.
She deserves you a lot better.

It's kinda funny.

'Cause I wish I was her.

But yeah,

I had to go.

But I wan't you to know that, the day we last talked, I was about to confess my feelings for you.

I did alot of thinking before, and my heart always says you.

And so I chose you.

Eversince the beginning it's you.

I may had someone else, but my heart always chose you.

And I regret it when I lost you.

I regret losing us.

But I think it's time to let go.

I hope when we meet in the future, you'll still have those sparks in your eyes.

That bright smile.

That bright smile that I dreamed of seeing whenever I wake up in the morning.

Thank you for being the ball of sunshine during my darkest times.

I'm sorry for losing you, Love.

I love you my Lili.

~ Nini

No words came out of Lisa. Just tears and sobs. Regrets.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Short Chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 180 39
"Are you even the same Lalisa who'm I fall Inlove with years ago?" He blink faintly, staring at her with his hooded eyes.. "I don't know. What do you...
13.4K 571 7
Jisoo wasn't sure how did it end like this, with her back pressed against one of the bathroom stalls of the club, her lips dancing around with Jennie...
67.4K 4K 59
After her break up with Jennie, Lisa no longer believes in love. She thought it was all nonesense but she met Jisoo unexpectedly. She thought that t...
192K 2.7K 200
Jennie Kim was a desperate woman and just a pretty face in her past life. She was swapped at birth and brought up in a rich family, only to eventuall...