Safe 『BTS ✘ Reader』✎Discontin...

By Infired_Mochi

In the world of hybrids, individuals of rarer species are in more danger. Logically, that makes sense. But, i... More

Author's Note
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•Hiatus•

•7•

15.5K 552 601
By Infired_Mochi

A couple minutes later, we had entered the kitchen and I poked my head up when Taehyung set me down on a cold surface.

He stood in front of me on the counter as Namjoon stood to the side of me. Jin, Yoongi, and Jimin were conversing while looking at the contents of the fridge. Jungkook and Hoseok were standing near the island. Jungkook was holding two glasses steady on the table while Hoseok poured orange juice into the cups.

"Do you want some orange juice, love?"

"Yes please."

"Hyung?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

Taehyung nodded before stepping away and joining the guys at the island. Namjoon's arm slid around my waist and he slyly pulled me closer to his side. I glanced up at him once I was flush against his side.

He looked down and winked. I blushed and glanced away. Geez, their teasing is never going to end.

As I watched the others work together, I wondered if I should help. I've always had to help someone at the cafe so I felt my hands itch to contribute. Then I realized something.

Tilting my head up to Namjoon, who's eyes were already on me, I asked "Did you by chance call in sick for me? When can I go back to work at the cafe?"

He paused for a moment before answering, "You're not going back."

"What? But I should still have a say if I want to work there or not."

"Do you really want to go back?"

"K-kind of? How else would I pay you guys back?"

"What are you saying? You don't have to, baby. We want to take care of you. Free of charge. If you really want to pay us back, keep being yourself and stay with us. Let us care for you."

I held in the urge to cry after his sentimental words. They wanted to take care of me? My grandmother had always been tough on me and prepared me for the real world. Several times, I've had to figure things out on my own. I cooked for us, cleaned the house, budgeted the money, and even taught myself other languages in my spare time. She handled the financial bills and the basic necessities.

To be cared for was a secret wish I've always wanted. I just didn't want to put all my trust on them yet, in case they change their minds. Instead, I nodded and hugged him.

"Thank you."

He wrapped his arms tighter around me before murmuring, "No, thank you. We've finally found you. I feel so happy to finally have all my mates in one room."

We shared a smile before a light nudge on my shoulder caused me to peak my head over to reveal Taehyung holding two cups of orange juice.

"Here you go." He passed my cup over before taking a sip from his own.

I lifted the cup up and took a sip as well as I watched Jimin and Hoseok set out several ingredients on the table while Jin began preparing several bowls.

"Joonie, set the music." Taehyung muttered and I glanced over to Namjoon nodding in response.

He whipped out his phone and set a melody to play on an app. I didn't know what he pressed, but there were many songs he scrolled past.

Before I could read one of the song titles, he tucked the phone away and smiled at me. I tilted my head in wonder as the strong sound of piano notes lilted throughout the air.

"I like this song. What's it called?"

"Bagatelle in A minor, Op.119, No.9."

"Oh. I'm not going to remember that."

"I didn't expect you to. It's classical music though, so it's all instrumental. There are no words."

"Fancy." I took another sip from my drink as he smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Fancy indeed."

We silently watched the others work around the kitchen and I started getting bored. I tilted my head as a question popped into my mind and piqued my interest.

"Hey. Where do you guys work?"

Both Namjoon and Taehyung turned to me in response.

"I-" They started at the same time before Taehyung gestured Namjoon to start.

"I work as a CEO at the Base In Gadgetries of Hybrids Intellectual Tech Corporations or BigHit for short. We release the latest tech gadgets for the general population. Ranging from simple tablets and smartphones to autobreeders, we create thousands of products that get shipped out everywhere. The phones we all have right now haven't been released to the public yet. It's just a perk." He shook his see through phone in my face which caused it to suddenly darken and look like a real phone. I didn't even notice that it became transparent if not moved.

"I work as a photographer and model! Jin-hyung sometimes models with me, but he used to be a world-renowned chef. He quit to spend more time with us. Anyway, I control who and whether I want to model for someone or not. So my schedule depends on me. I like the camera though, but I like my mates better."

Namjoon ruffled Taehyung's hair in affection and Taehyung giggled.

"Technically I'm also an Instagram influencer, but I love posting aesthetic pictures of sceneries or close up shots of objects I think are beautiful. That's why there's many pictures of my mates." Hoseok snorted across the room and looked up with a blank stare.

"More like the funniest pictures you can take of us so you can clown on us in the post."

Taehyung burst out laughing before replying, "Me? No. Never!"

"You should see his latest post of Jimin. That was funny."

"I thought you took it down immediately Tae!" Jimin gave Taehyung a fierce glare while Taehyung sheepishly smiled.

"I thought you looked cute in it."

Jimin rolled his eyes before turning to me and saying, "Hobi and I are dancers. We teach choreography at a high end dance studio. We teach both idols and people who want to learn to dance. Our schedule can fluctuate but not all the time." Hoseok nodded in agreement.

"Hobi? Where'd that nickname come from?"

"Hoseok's stage name is J-hope. When you add the standard -ie at the end to address someone, It sounds like Hobi. We've all just called him that." Namjoon explained. I nodded in response.

"Who's next?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, you already know I was once a chef and now model sometimes. I do own a couple restaurants around here. I don't cook in them, but business still appears to be booming." Jin shrugged as if it was nothing to own several popular restaurants.

"Now we get our own personal chef to ourselves." Yoongi smirked as he pinched Jin's butt while walking past.

Jin yelped before playfully glaring at Yoongi's retreating form. Yoongi settled himself on the other side of me before turning and letting out a small smile.

"I work as a music producer. It's not a bad job because I work when I want to work or feel inspiration. Sometimes I give my songs to artists so they can use them, other times I let my mates sing them to create songs for us. We don't release music, but we like to make songs for our future children."

At that, I choke a bit on the sip I was taking.

Namjoon and Yoongi instantly rubbed my back as Taehyung handed me a napkin.

"I'm sorry. It was too soon to mention that topic. I don't mean for you to feel pressured."

I wiped my mouth and gulped nervously.

"Ah, no. It's okay. Just surprised was all. Umm, anyway how about you Jungkook?" I diverted my attention to Jungkook as he looked surprised to be called on.

"I guess I don't really have a job unless Youtube counts. I'm an online gamer and post many playthrough videos online. It actually makes decent money. Other than that, I kind of chill here with the hyungs." Jungkook sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

"Youtube videos? You make them?"

"Yeah. I also occasionally do vlogs and short films when we go on trips."

"A lot of people watch his videos, bean. I'd honestly consider that a job." Jimin reassures Jungkook by patting his shoulders. Jungkook blushes a bit at the praise in response.

"That's awesome! You all have cool jobs, I don't know what I could do since my only education has been from homeschool."

Yoongi frowns before responding, "You don't have to do anything, little doe. You belong here, safe at home."

"O-oh. Okay."

"We're being unfair. Sweetie, if you find something you want to do, we can discuss it and help you along the way. Some of us may be reluctant to allow you to step out of the nest, but we'll be supportive if you have a goal in mind." Seokjin spoke up from across the room and gave me the kindest of smiles.

"R-really?"

"Absolutely. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like you're trapped here. I'm just... protective over you. Many people could harm you out there and if I could help it, I don't ever want you to get hurt." Yoongi sincerely stares at me with his silver eyes. I smile and wrap a hug around him.

"Thank you for saying that. It means a lot." I could tell Yoongi was startled, before slowly wrapping his arms around me. Over his shoulder I looked down to see his bobbed tail wiggling rapidly. I let out a laugh at how strange it looked which caused Yoongi to back away from the hug.

"What?"

"Your tail looks silly!"

He glanced behind him and instantly brought a hand over it to hold it steady.

"H-hey! We don't speak of this. This is precisely why I try to not get hyped over anything." He grumbles.

"You're so lame Yoongi hyung." Taehyung mocked as he wrapped his tail around Yoongi's waist and teasingly swished the furry tip of his tail under Yoongi's black shirt.

Yoongi instantly grabbed a hold of his tail and pinched lightly which caused Taehyung to jump and wrap his tail back around me.

"You're so mean! Love, kiss it and make it better." I giggled as he pouted up at me and lifted his tail. I leaned down to press a light peck to the tip and he instantly brightened up.

"Thank you, love! It's healed!" He brought a hand up and gently brushed my left ear. I shivered at the feeling and tilted my head further into his hand.

"Alright. I think lunch is finished! Let's eat." Hoseok announced as the others already finished laying out the table.

I maneuvered around the males around me before jumping off the counter and skipping over to the table. They had Caesar salad, Italian pasta salad, homemade pizza, and garlic bread laid out in huge portions for each individual person. The others had already taken their seats, so I slid into the seat between Jin and Jungkook.

Once the others finally seated, we began to eat. My plate thankfully had smaller proportions and it tasted amazing, as I should learn to know by now, as the others joked around with each other over the table.

❀♡❀

Nearing the end of the meal, Jungkook turned to Namjoon and asked, "Can we please hang out in the gaming room after this? I wanna show her some games!"

"Alright. We can do that, just be a bit patient Jungkook."

"Which game can I show her? Could I teach her how to play one of them?"

"Calm down, we'll get there in due ti-"

"But hyung. It takes a bit of time to set the game up. I can go ri-"

"Jungkook. I'll meet you in the room." Namjoon interrupted.

Jungkook immediately tensed up and pouted, but nevertheless stood up from his seat and left the kitchen in quick strides. I stare at everyone's quiet forms curiously as they continue to eat normally. I took a final bite of my salad before pushing my chair back about to stand. Jin put a hand on my thigh which brought me back down to my seat.

"I'm finished. I can go meet Jungkook in the gaming room! So he doesn't have to be lonely waiting there."

"You still have a few more bites to finish sweetie. I know you can finish your plate, or at least try to. Jungkook is alright. Namjoon will keep him company." Jin reassured and right on cue, Namjoon stood up from his seat and reached over to pat my head briefly.

"I'm glad you care, babygirl, but we'll meet you in the gaming room later. For now, be good for everyone and help with the dishes. You have my permission to help."

I perked up at that and I knew my ears pointed straight up in excitement.

"Okay!" He gently smiled at me before exiting the kitchen. I shoveled a couple bites from my plate into my mouth while the others cooed over my jittery form.

After just a few more bites, I really couldn't finish the food left on my plate but Jin said that it was alright. Yoongi and Jimin picked up the dishes and set them on the sink while Jin led me over to the sink and set me on the counter next to it. He put me on drying duty, meaning that he would pass me a dish and I could dry it and hand it over to Taehyung to put away. Hoseok stood in front of me during the process to make light conversation with the others and assure that I don't drop any dishes.

I don't know why, but I've just realized how protective they are.

Cleaning goes without a hitch and I enjoyed working together with my mates. I felt a more prominent sense of belonging and grinned at the praises they'd randomly throw at me even though it was a simple task. Once the last plate was put away, they all gave me and each other double high-fives and my giggling ensued.

"Let's go join Jimin and Yoongi in the living room." Taehyung cheered.

"Can I carry you, angel?" I nodded and he easily placed my form on his hip as he led the group out. Right as Hoseok walked into the living room, our eyes zoomed in on the couple currently having a heavy make-out session on the couch.

I instantly blushed and covered my eyes due to the intimacy between the two as Jin gasped and said, "Break it up! There is a child present." I peaked my eyes open when I heard a loud gasp followed by heavy panting. Jimin and Yoongi were separated and heavily breathing while staring at me with wide eyes.

"A-ah. I'm so sorry little bean. We sort of got... carried away."

"You bet you did! You guys head over to the game room."

Hoseok turns and walks the direction to the elevator as I see Jimin and Yoongi get a scolding. Jimin held a guilty expression while Yoongi looked calm. Taehyung jumped into my vision and startled me with his grinning form.

"Sorry you had to see that, love. But you'll be exposed to a lot more of that sooner or later." His cryptic message left a blush on my cheeks as he chuckled.

Once we arrived at the game room, it was empty.

"Where's Jungkook and Namjoon?"

"I'm not sure. They said they would join us later though. Let's start up the big screen in the meantime."

Hoseok set me on the center of the large couch before leaving to find the remote which had apparently been misplaced. Taehyung slid to sit beside me before wrapping his tail around me.

"You're so cuddly Tae-Tae-" I scrunched up my nose and turned away before letting out a tiny sneeze.

"Bless you! Did you make a nickname for me? TaeTae? I love it!" He squeezed me tighter into his hold before Hoseok slid onto my other side with the remote in hand. I only created his nickname because I had to sneeze, but apparently it will stay.

He pressed the power button before turning to me with a pout and asking, "Instead of calling me Hoseok, call me Hobi. I'd really like that."

"Oh. Okay, Hobi." A grin appeared on his face right after and I let out a smile at his squeal.

"Sh-Should I call the others by their nicknames too?"

"They would love that. Especially coming from you, little love."

"Oh, what should I call them?"

"You tell us. Make cute nicknames based on their names."

"Okay. Umm. I could call Jin, Jinnie."

"He'd like that, angel."

"Namjoon could be Namjoonie... no wait. Maybe just Joonie?"

"Adorable, love."

"Ooh, how about Yoongi... uh? Yoongi-ie? Yoonglie? Yoongles? Yoongles sounds fun!"

"Perhaps. He's not one for nicknames but I'm sure he could make an exception for you."

"Jungkook could be... Kook? Or Jung? I don't know?"

"We all call him our little Kookie and he does like that name. I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing it come from you too. I wish I had my camera with me. Gosh dang it, why didn't I film this."

I giggled before saying, "Lastly, for Jimin I could call him Jiminie!"

"Did you call me?" I heard from behind me. Turning around, I see all five of my mates trek in and take a seat on the couch. Jimin was in Jin's arms while Yoongi trailed in the back next to Namjoon. In the center was Jungkook who looked to be normal, but I caught sight of a faint red rim around his eyes and several twitches of his nose.

"Yeah. she was making nicknames for everyone."

"Oh? For everyone?"

"Yep Joonie!" He looks a bit shocked at the name before releasing a grin.

"You're too cute, I swear."

"The monitor is loaded up. What are we playing?"

"Why not Just Dance? That one really doesn't require much controls."

"Okay. You're gonna like the game bean, promise." I nodded in response and watched as the guys set it up.  

❀♡❀

A/N: I thought because I updated late with my other story, I'd deliver an early update for this one hehe.

I did want to mention that I use the nicknames they gave to indicate who is speaking. I will start using less names and hopefully you guys don't get too confused. 

Question Time! What is your favorite cuisine? 

I definitely like a variety of cultural foods, but I do have a guilty pleasure for pasta. The amount of carbs though! 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361 13 10
yoongi's lived with his three friends for as long as he can remember. along the way, they gained three more friends; hybrids, cared for by his human...
8.3K 259 8
You weren't supposed to be theirs, and they weren't supposed to find you so irresistible. Where you're a human and they're hybrids who want you.
1.5M 67.1K 58
"Please don't use your puppy eyes on me." "Why? I'm cute when I do this!" You're living an ordinary life. Wake up, go to work and go to sleep. A rout...
1.7M 81.1K 104
The universe has designed soulmates- someone that completes you. But what happens when you don't have one but seven? And all you want to do is run in...