But I love her

Just_peachy21 tarafından

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... Daha Fazla

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
21-planning
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

10~game time

170 5 0
Just_peachy21 tarafından

"It's like I knew you before we met, Can't explain it
There's no name for it
I sang the words I've never said
And was easy
Because you see the real me
As I am you understand
And that's more than I've ever known" the team belted at the top of our lungs.

"To hear a your voice
Hear your voice
Above the noise
And I know that I'm alone
Oh, you're singing to me
Ooh, yeah
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
You are the music in me
It's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
Because you are the music in me
Together we're gonna sing, yeah
We got the power to say what we feel
Connected and real
Can't keep it all inside, oh yeah
Ooh, yeah
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
You are the music in me
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
You are the music in me
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
Yeah
It's living in all of us
It's brought us here because
You are the music in me
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na
You are the music in me
Yeah" we finished the song as we were getting our pads and cleats on.

This is one of the reasons the game is amazing, having teammates you know will always have your back and you feel completely yourself with.

"Alright boys" Coach said, walking in already knowing our high school musical rituals. "Huddle up" Maverick turned off the music and we all huddled up. "Okay this is our first game of the season and I want you to prove you're more than ready to win state championships right now. Prove you're good enough to play the game. I want y'all to do the best you can put your life in the game.This game is tough if you can't handle that I suggest you quit but I know that every single one of you have what it takes to be out on the field showing everyone your love for the game and your meant to be there. So what are we going to do!" Coach yelled.

"Play" the team recited.

"And how are we gonna play?" Coach yelled again.

"Hard," the team yelled.

"What are we gonna prove?" Coach yelled.

"Our worth" we recited.

"What is your worth?"

"Everything" we  yelled

"What's that mean?"

"Playing hard is worth Everything"

"What?"

"Playing hard is worth everything, " the boys repeated going crazy.

"Let's go!" Coach yelled.

We all ran out chanting. "Playing hard is worth everything"
***
"Set hut" I yelled, being snapped the ball seconds later. For the first play I was supposed to wait for Maverick to get to the endzone and throw it to him.

There's one guy in front of me, one behind me and one coming from the side trying to tackle me. Right before they reached me Maverick was in the endzone ready for me to throw the ball. Two seconds after the ball left my hand I was tackled. The whistle was blown and two of the refs arms shot up signaling a touchdown. I ran down the field as fast as I could and shoulder bumped Maverick followed by our handshake. "That's how you do it dude" I said, patting the side of his helmet.

"That was all you man" he said.

"Yeah all me my ass" I said. We just laughed. The coach from the other team called a time out.

"Great job boys" Coach said before jumping into what we're doing for the next play.
***
It was the second quarter, almost half time, and there was only three minutes left. We were down by six points.

The ball was snapped to me. I was looking for all the possibilities. Maverick wasn't gonna get there in time, Duke the running back was occupied with another player. There was only one option left, run the ball. I did just that.

I ran the ball as fast I could trying to dodge players as they tried to tackle me. I got tackled on the twenty yard line, one minute left on the clock.

The ref signaled a third down meaning we had one more chance to make a touchdown before the ball belonged to the wildcats.

"One minute left we can do this" I said to myself before taking a breath. "Set hut" I said the ball got snapped to me. This time Maverick was open which was our best bet. I threw a perfect pass to him which he caught flawlessly. I ran up to him once again shoulder bumping then doing our handshake like normal. The buzzer buzzed signaling the end of the half. We all rushed to the locker room.

"Good job boys" Coach said while we were sitting down drinking water. "The game is tied right now. What I want y'all to do is get the ball back as fast as you can, keep it tied then raising the score and staying ahead the rest of the game got it?"

"Yes coach" we all said in unison.

"Okay good rest up," Coach said before disappearing into his office.

I took my right foot out of my cleat and took my sock off, grimacing as I did it. I stuck my foot in a bucket of ice water, sucking in a breath from the cold.

"That doesn't look too good, man" Maverick commented on my ankle.

"Yeah it doesn't feel so good either" I admitted.

"Can you make it through the game?" Maverick asked, his voices lined with concern.

"Yeah it should be fine. Do me a favor, in my locker should be some ibuprofen can you get it for me?"

"Sure man," he said, walking to my locker pulling out a bottle of ibuprofen tossing it at me. I popped two in my mouth swallowing with a swig of water.

"Thanks dude" I said, tossing the bottle back for him to put back in my locker.

"Don't sweat it man" he said.

"I think that's a little too late," I said. He looked at me with a cocked eyebrow. I shook my head releasing the sweat from my hair doing so.
***
"We got two minutes left in this game and we're tied. I know y'all are tired but I want y'all to push hard and get us one last touchdown. Remember, prove that you're good enough to play the game."

"Jaguars on three!" I yelled. "One to three Jaguars!" The team joined in. "Let's get 'em boys!" We all started screaming rushing onto the field for the last plays of the night.

"Two minutes left, no big deal," I said to myself. "We got this boys"

"Set hut!" The ball was snapped. Maverick was in the endzone and Duke was ready to get the ball and run. I passed the ball to Maverick not wanting to risk a tackle with ten seconds left of the game. The ball left my hand with five seconds left on the clock. 5,4,3,2. He caught it with one second left in the clock. The clock buzzed. The game wasn't quite over yet we still had to hear the ref. He blew his whistle, everyone quiet, both arms shot up!

"Touchdown!" The announcer yelled. The stands went crazy.

I ran up to Maverick like I had the entire game but this time instead of a shoulder bump it was a hug. We jumped up and basically tackled each other in mid air. Then of course we did our handshake. Our team surrounded us going crazy and yelling like we've won the championship.

We went to shake hands with the other team then pray together.
***
Aria and Allie came to the field to congratulate us along with Aria's family. I hugged Allie thanking her for congratulating me but when she ran up to him hugging him. Lavender came running up to me with excitement.

"You won! You won!" She yelled hugging my leg.

"Yes I did," I said, picking her up and putting her on my shoulders."hi mr. and mrs. Smith" I said walking up to the couple.

"Hi dear how's your grandmother?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"She Good. She's getting surgery on Tuesday"

"Oh that's good"

"You played a good game son" Mr. Smith said, patting my back.

"Thank you sir"

"Well I see you've met our other daughter" Mrs. Smith said with a laugh.

"Yeah I met her at the park one day"I laughed. Lavender giggled from my shoulders.

"Would you like to meet our sons?"

"I think that would be great," I said with a smile. She led me over to her sons, who were talking to Maverick, his sister and Allie.

"Adrien!" Jackie, Maverick's sister, yelled. She gave me a big hug. "Congratulations on winning the first game of the season."

"Thanks Jack" I smiled.

"So Adrien this is Xander my first born and Jesse my third born" I shook Xander's hand and said hi to Jesse.

"Mr. Smith, would you like to meet my father?" I asked. Talking Lavender off my shoulders.

"Would I?" He said happily.

"You behave Jason," Mrs. Smith scolded.

"Dad" I called.

"Yeah son?" He turned around.

"This is Jason Smith Aria's dad and Nicole's husband. He a big fan of you and wanted to talk to you"

"Really?" Dad asked in surprise. I nodded.

"I'll leave y'all two to talk" I said walking away.

The field was empty except for Duke, Maverick, Allie, Aria, Jackie, and Xander. "hey guys what's up?"

"the sky" Maverick said smartly.

"No dip smart ass" I smacked him upside the head. We were talking for a few more minutes when something popped in my mind. "Jack, Xander, Allie and Aria?" I asked and they looked at me shocked. "We have this tradition every Saturday after a football game the team goes to my house and has a barbecue and I was wondering if y'all wanted to come?"

Aria looked at Xander who nodded, then she looked at Allie and Jackie who both squealed. Finally she looked at me "yes we'd love to" she answered.

"Okay, sounds like a deal meet at the house at two" they nodded.

"Come on Adrien let's go home" dad yelled from across the field.

"Coming!" I yelled. "Bye guys see y'all tomorrow" I said before jogging away from them and closer to my dad.
***
"Hey granny Em how are you?" I asked, kissing her on the cheek.

"I'm fine. How was your game?"

"We won," I said.

"I wish I was there to see you Rock the field," she said.

"I wish you were there too, Granny but you know you couldn't go," I said.

"You need to stop worrying about me. I'm completely fine, I just can't walk. You worry too much no girl likes a Worry Wanda" granny growled. I knew not to take what she says too literal. "But It means you care, that's a good quality. Any girl would be lucky to have you" granny said. "Now go get to bed you have a party to get ready for in the morning"

"It's not a party it's a barbecue but I'll go to bed"
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! The song at the beginning of this chapter is you are the music in me sung by Zac  Effrontery and Vanessa Hudgens from high school musical. I will put the video up top! Comment vote and follow!
              Until next time,
                          Kylagrace21

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.6M 148K 31
Mia Gibson and Hunter James were always meant to be. But dating the star quarterback that was destined to be in the NFL was not easy. Especially when...
150K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
3.1K 83 16
solone evans wants love like what she's sees in movies, like the love she acts out. she gave up until a certain raven haired boy came into perspectiv...
2.5M 55.1K 71
Katelyn Valentine isn't a stereotypical high school girl. She isn't the type of girl who would crush over boy bands or dream about her wedding. She i...