Gate Fanfiction: Thus the Gar...

By HunterTheFirst

... The Univet Garseria, a star nation of humans living in a systematic hierarchy. Where the self proclaimed... More

Rewrite Notice
Chapter 1: Cleanup
Chapter 2: Defiance
Chapter 3: Victor
Chapter 4: Discussion
Chapter 5: Interrogation
Chapter 6: Invasion
Death by Dusk (Filler)
Chapter 7: Shock
Chapter 8: Flame
Chapter 9: Foreigners
What Happened Before... (Filler)
Chapter 10: Oracle
Chapter 11: Dragon Slaying
Major Announcement
Stealer Alert

Prologue

1.9K 26 34
By HunterTheFirst

Log 5631-"Gate" event chain

Records from Garserian origin, file made by Garserian human observers and witnesses and documented by Garserian officials...

Era (redacted) year (redacted)1048 of the Garserian Official Calendar.

Millenia past since Earth's destruction

Millenia passed since the Garserian's rose to a foothold on the remaining colonies. And the official establishment of the star nation Garserian Union.

Millenia's past since contact with alien forces and void entities.

Event: Event of little significance caused, a gate to another world to open in the world of Benragrade (Ben-ra-graad-i). Primitive forces came out and waged undeclared hostility to locals.

Primitive forces wore armor similar to Ancient Roman Empire soldiers as adopted the same tactics as them. These hostile forces use weaker drakes, and battle beasts upon the battlefield. No civilian casualties on the Garserian side due to the enemy's incompetent leadership

Hostile intent dealt with extreme prejudice by Garserian armies stationed at Benragrade. The combined might of infantry regiments, armored war vehicles, living bioweapons, gene enhanced warriors prove to prevail those who seek to destroy the Unity of men and women established by the Garserian Union.

Fighting continuing at this moment.

...

Current objective. Round up all remaining hostiles within the city. A considerable number of primitive hostiles dispersed into the city in an attempt to escape the fighting. Their prolonged presence poses a danger to civilians in the area. Security Forces have moved in to deal with them, but many more pose a problem in their nuisance presence in the city.

(Extermination Mission Objective)

Garserian casualties:
Military personnel: 0
Security Force: 5 minor injured
Civilians: 89 injured, various minor injuries, and 3 in critical condition. 0 death, 0 missing

...

Preparing Improbability Drive for reincarnation lock.

Preparing ability pool.

Ready for combat

Huntsman Operative Nath, your objective...

Do what comes natural

...

I look down from the tablet I was holding for a moment before I looked around. I sigh as I stiffen myself for the combat ahead.

It was another one of these trivial missions, I kinda missed drinking my frappe today before I was given an objective cause one of Benragrade's cities was attacked by some random primitives.

I was inside a small confined area with chairs by the walls, with other people besides myself present. There were three other people there. Including me, all of us were wearing a dark trenchcoat with armor underneath our clothes. As well as a white mask situated on the top of our heads. We were to bring down the helmets once we're in combat.

"How ya doing Nikki, sucks that you had your day off ruined eh?" I asked the other people who I am with, in particular a woman in front of my seat. This one was a blue-haired girl who had her hair tied up in a short bun, she had brown eyes. Her name was Nikki Burvens, a young mid 20s woman.

"Well Nath, I'm honestly fine considering all things in my lazy list gone awry. Sucks that the cafe you love drinking frappes in got attacked huh." Nikki replied to me, she had a mischievous smile too as she said that.

I roll my eyes at her remark, before chuckling. "These primitives better not mess up that cafe. I have three hundred Union Credits worth of coupons for that cafe branch, and I'm planning on buying their cookie frappe today." I say back to Nikki who also chuckled.

"Hey Shan my homie. How are you doing there." I ask a guy who sat next to me.

"Well friend, if this piece of sh*t VTOL ain't gonna go faster then I might just well sit down at my apartment watching news of these primitives eating some Garserian bullet hell." Shan Phillips, a man in his early 30s said to me. He was one of my other friends in this squad.

"Hey Nath." Another woman's voice was heard, I look to her position to see another woman with red short hair, the "tomboy" cut if you will. Her name is Amber 'Flame' Pano

"Yeah Amber? Got something to say?" I ask Amber,  the woman just looked curious at me as she then said her question,

"Isn't your girlfriend, that yellow blooded blonde chick with the helmet and the pigtails down in the city where the hostiles are at?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, Angie's the "Angel of Death" is down there window shopping with a bunch of her other mustard bleeder friends at the city. Honestly, I'm more worried for the primitives who dare try to cause trouble to her. That chick has a gigantic sword that can chop your face in two!" I said before I reminisced a moment of that event. Angie was a dangerous woman both literally and figuratively.

"Guess she covered in "ketchup" now eh? Those primitives blood will spew all over the damn place with that gigantic sword of hers. Anyways where did you find that alien chick anyway?" Shan asked as he then looked at his side and grabbed out a pistol.

"First off Shan, put that gun down you might accidentally kill somebody again," I say with an unamused tone.

"Secondly, as for where I found Angie.  It's a long story but let's say that Aetherian genetically augmented human woman shot me in the eye and stabbed me twice during our first meeting." I say in a matter-of-fact tone. Shan made a face of acknowledgment as he nodded at my claims.

"Dang, she's one hot woma-" Shan was then cut off by a radio-like voice coming from a speaker based on the wall.

"This is your AI pilot, Malis speaking. Get your *ss- Get yourselves ready we're coming in on the LZ." Malis's voice said, as mechanical and glitched as possible.

"Nath you should seriously replace your ship's AI guide. That thing is defective and glitched as hell." Nikki said as she looked at me with an unamused face of her own.

"What? No way!" I yell while crossing my arms, despite me being strapped on my seat.

"I got Malis extracted from a Logi construct, like hell am I buying some sh*tty Garserian AI in exchange for Malis' superior Logi technologies." I proclaimed proudly.

"Well, that 'superior' piece of technology is defective as hell and bug addled with glitches. Malis even makes bad puns!" Nikki responded.

"I he- heard that. Now please prepare yourselves for Falling- flying with style. You have arrived at your destination." Malis said in his mechanical voice.

I noticed before I materialize an smg with the power of an RPG to my hand. A "Stormer-Mag" KB-5m. Two of these as I ready a dual wield Smg. These powerful guns had already given me a name as well as my retractable arm blades on my hands.

"Huh, alright! Nexus Squad unbuckle your seat belts!" I ordered my other companions who followed my order. I also remove my seatbelt before I walked towards one of the room's ends.

Nikki has already materialized a short but very sharp custom katana from her person before she swung it around for a few test swings. It was a blade of death,  she stole it from an Aetherian smith during one of our past missions.

As she wove her blade around you can hear the air being silently sliced and a small ringing as you look at her blade. She was ready to kill with that thing.

Shan had brought along a black shotgun. His favorite weapon the "Render" super shotgun. Which renders all flesh it hits null and pretty much all over the place. Shan made a not so innocent smile as he cocked his shotgun.

The iconic sound of a pump-action shotgun was heard. A satisfying Shiic'cllick as he menacingly pumped the damn thing.

Amber, like her name, suggests whips out a small rifle. This rifle was painted red and it had a gas canister connected to it. This was a "Flamebelcher" autogun that fires solid fire at the enemy. Punches through armor and burns the innards.

As Amber "Flame" juggled her autogun around, you can hear the fluid of diesel or gas moving inside the container. It was pretty flammable too.

I then push a button that was on the wall.  And sure enough, mechanical whirring was heard as the wall began lowering like a ramp. A bright light entered the room we were in.

"Alright Nexus "Squad"! Our main objective is to drive off these damned primitives off our damn city." I yelled at my squad mates as the loud wind had already entered the room and yelling loudly was a necessity for others to hear me.

"Our secondary objective is to rendezvous with the rest of Nexus Party. Find Special Operative Leonard, Sgt. Sanford Hodges, Sgt. Deimos, ATP Operative Angie! Understood!" I once again yelled the objectives

"Objectives understood Alpha!" My squad members yelled in response to my orders.

"Good! If we finish this faster we can still have time to drink frappes at the cafe! My treat!" I say to my squad. I noticed their smiles and chuckles.

"Now! Masks on!" I brought down my mama and I feel the air hiss around it as I felt the confines of my masl envelop my face. A couple of lights were in a moment hindering my vision before I can see again. I look behind to see my squad members had already worn the mask. Covering their faces and their hair and in its place a mask that looked like a serpent's skull. A mask like a demon, our basic psychological warfare combined with our abilities make us strong.

"Alright Go! Jump after me!" I yelled before I jumped off the room after the platform was lowered...

The four of us jumped. I felt the wind hit my face as we descended to the ground. The winds whirr past our ears as I look back. The four of us all together fell. We kept our hands, and legs spread out as we fell to the LZ. This is how we usually enter combat. Either by drop pods or by jumping off VTOLs high up in the air.

We were hundreds of feet in the air, high buildings were seen and we were all falling to the ground. One by one, my squad members all fell together towards our objective.

Nearby flying vehicles were chasing after wyverns, with knights riding on them. Some of them saw us and charged at us.

But we Huntsman have a trick on our sleeves...

*Bang*

...

Prologue End

Guide

Huntsmen are genetically augmented individuals with an abnormal soul pattern. Due to that soul pattern, they are stable enough to be subjected to the operation of inserting a tiny device called an Improbability Drive. The Drive is the source of their powers, strength, and enormous willpower. Which makes them nigh impossible to be corrupted or POSSESSED by some dark being. The Drive is what also keeps a Huntsman in a state of living. Whenever a Huntsman dies in combat, their improbability Drive if left undamaged will forcefully feed the dead host energy of improbability to forcefully revive the host. Most of the time due to the improbable energies being unpredictable, there are side effects. A Huntsman can be revived three times before the Drive would explode due to overwork. The number of revives can be reset after a few weeks without dying. Killing a Huntsman is almost an impossible feat according to multiple sources.

Univet Garseria, a star nation of humans living in a systematic hierarchy. Where the self-proclaimed bastion of humankind was made. For those who live here, it was existence through the prolonged efforts of preserving the survivability of mankind. Facing alone against the Light and Dark, the Garserians persevere through. The Star nation follows a class system where nobility rules and leads, with the help of working classes working in tandem to preserve and protect humankind's humanity by all means necessary. These people are prone to use necessity through brutality to preserve order. Often with desirable effects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 75 22
(I Don't OWN Star Wars or Akame Ga Kill) Clone Wars crossover with Akame Ga Kill, THIS IS MY SECOND TIME WRITING THIS(So hopefully this turn out bett...
332K 5.3K 98
Disclaimer:I do not own fallout or gate as fallout belongs to betheasda softworks and gate belongs to takumi yanai illustrated by Daisuke Izuka and k...
1K 36 20
Arc: Intermission ✔ Diversity (Ongoing) ─────────────────────── WARNING: -Gore -Strong Word ─────────────────────── S.A.T.R.I.A, what a pure knight...
262 18 66
You could already see their amused smiles as they tortured and slaughtered people for selfish motives. They were pagans. They were brutal villains. T...