Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

556 26 2
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

M a k i n g
M o v e s

Once Friday surfaced, I was so glad that it was the last day of the week until the weekend. Mr. McKnight made sure to send our checks in the mail since we weren't in the company. I was happy about receiving my paycheck along with the weekend. I needed a break since this week was the longest and hardest that has pushed me. Today, we were all invited for a big breakfast provided by Mr. McKnight at a banquet hall. I was mighty surprised receiving a call from our boss and telling me that I was to report to the banquet hall for a big breakfast with a catering service company.

So, I just decided to dress sort of business casual. After completing my shower and hygiene routine, I put on my wavelength high collar blouse in pink poster print with high-waisted ripped at the knees jeans, Harper almond ankle strap heels, and an Irma crossbody. I accessorized with a silver choker, bracelet, and silver hoops as I wore my hair in my wash-and-go style and finished with a hair clip on the side of my hair.

I had on a full beat of makeup as I completed my look by applying nude lipstick and adding my favorite lipgloss. Then, I finished everything by spraying my setting spray. Hearing a knock on my door, I left the bathroom with my makeup bag and placed everything into my suitcase before walking over to the door to open it.

"Yes?" I sprayed my perfume bottle on my pulse points from my purse, sliding it back inside.

"Just seeing if you were ready," Terrell said, putting his arm down. He stepped back before he placed his finger on his chin as he examined me. "You look good today, Lil' bit,"

I instantly blushed, staring down at my outfit as well before I looked at him with a bright smile. I even studied his fit as he wore a sandy brown blazer, a honey mustard turtleneck, grayish plaid pants with specs of honey mustard, and all-white leather sneakers.

"Thanks, Terry, you too," I said, giving him a look of approval at his work attire. "And yeah, I'm ready, let me get my phone then we can go..."

"Aight," Terrell nodded his head, leaving the door as he headed downstairs.

I made sure to have everything in my bag before I took my phone off of the charger, turned off the light, and met up with Terrell downstairs. Since I was still without a car, I was riding around with Terrell. I felt like a big user for having him do all this for me, even if he insisted. I was going car shopping this weekend. As I watched him grab his keys, he held the door open for me while I stepped out of the house, heading to his car and let him turn the alarm system on and lock the door.

I stared at my cellphone, seeing a new text message from Johnathan Strong, reminding me to hit him back later as I turned it off and waited for Terry to unlock the doors. He jogged towards the driveway, pressing the button on his as he was heading my way to hold the door for me, but I beat him this time and got inside the car.

"So, when you see Malik, what are you doing?" Terrell asked, pulling out of his driveway and on to the busy streets as he stared at me. "Put ya' seatbelt on,"

Snapping my seatbelt on, I thought about how my reaction was going to be seeing Malik. He claimed that it was an 'accident' kissing me, and it's been something that I couldn't bypass. After telling Terrell about the situation, I found it easy and nerve-wracking because I didn't know whether he'd laugh at me or tell me that I was overthinking. Instead, he was the complete opposite, very supportive, and caring. It's what I loved about having male best friends; they told the truth no matter what.

"I don't know," I admitted, getting comfortable into the car as I picked up a pack of gum that was in the cup holder, holding it up to him with a small smile. He nodded his head as I opened the gum wrapper paper and began to chew, putting the gum wrapper in the trash bag that he had in front. "I still don't know Malik like that, we've gone on one outing, as friends and we flirt here and there so, I don't think that I like him... However, there's something about him that makes him interesting to me."

"I know him, and I'm telling you that a kiss on the lips wasn't an accident," Terrell replied. "Maybe he got caught in the moment...Probably. I think, to be honest, there's something there. Talk to him about it, and I bet you find out. As a dude myself, when I like a girl, I'll try to give you all my attention and might even double text ya' because I'm grown as hell, and I might even tell you when I'm feeling ya,"

"You be double-texting girls, Terry?"

"Hell nah, I'm too much of a playa' for that," He adjusted himself in his seat.

I laughed already knowing that was a lie, or it probably wasn't. Terrell was a single guy, and they were free to do whatever they wanted to do unless they were in the talking stages, but aside from that, Terrell was too sweet to me for me to see him as a playa.

"Yeah, okay, well... I'm supposed to be thinking of something to do with him this weekend, so I guess I'll see then," I confirmed, checking my cellphone as I decided to get on social media. I hopped onto Instagram, seeing that someone tagged in a post from Wednesday. I furrowed my brows, checking the person who tagged me and was surprised at what I saw. "So, I was his women's crush Wednesday, and it's still up,"

Liked by ForeverToyaJ and 1,245 others

KingMalikP: So, I remember taking this picture before we went out. One of the coolest girls' that I've ever met. @Breanna.Amor #WCW #SouthernGirl

ForeverToyaJ: My friend!! This picture.. >

TatyanaIrene: Oop. #Goals

4theloveofMH: wayment.. but my friend is sooo pretty!

RichRaheem1: I see you, bro. @Terrell4Heart

Terrell4Heart: Bree! #BT4L

3 Days Ago

It was the one that he took of us together before we were going to the arcade. He claimed he wanted to take a picture of us together so that it could be a memory. In the Instagram post, he had his arms wrapped around me while I was smiling, and he gave a half-smile.

"Wow, y'all all commented on the picture and didn't tell me to check Instagram," I whined, hitting like on the post and debated with myself if I should comment or not.

"Dang, I forgot to tell you...so you weren't on any kind of social media this week?" He lifted a brow, turning in a lane to get closer to the banquet hall.

"Not," I shook my head, reading the rest of the comments. People were either calling me pretty, asking me who I was, and to cuff her. "Work has been heavily on my mind,"

I was still getting my career in order. I still had yet to disclose the information about me wanting to become an actress to Terrell, but I wasn't holding it back from him purposely. For the time being, I still had to wait until things were going to get finalized with the contract before I could admit anything.

"My fault, you can ask him about this today, though," Terrell suggested, pulling up to the banquet hall. Hundreds of cars were parked in the parking lot of the banquet hall, as Terrell was heading in the back to find a parking spot for us. "Damn, Mr. McKnight must've invited half of the crew members here,"

"For sure," I looked at the parking lot for an empty spot, but there were no spots available in the back nor the front of the parking lot. "Try the other side,"

Terrell continued to drive, heading to the other side of the building, and sure enough, there was a parking spot for us. Finally, Terrell was able to park, and we got out of the vehicle entering the banquet hall. As we got further inside of the banquet hall; I stared at the tables that were decorated nicely with silver table cloths, utensils, napkins, and decorations.

"This is decorated so beautifully," I awed, observing the gold and silver decorations everywhere.

"This is nice," Terrell agreed. "I wonder where's Taty-,"

"Over here," I heard Tatyana's sultry voice whispering.

A smile crossed my face, as I tapped Terrell, and we both headed over the table that was closer to the back. I greeted everyone with a friendly smile, a hug, and took my seat at the table next to Malaysia and Terrell.

"Did we miss anything?" I mumbled, glancing at everyone before realizing that one person from the crew was missing. "Wait, where's Raheem?"

"No, Mr. McKnight, Leandra, and some of the production crew haven't arrived yet," Malaysia answered.

"Oh, alrighty then, I'm glad we didn't miss anything," I told Terrell. My eyes then wandered off to Malik, and I immediately felt butterflies shifting in my stomach. Once we locked eyes, I couldn't hold eye contact as I drifted my attention on to elsewhere. As I readjusted myself in the chair, I felt my cellphone vibrating in my bag, so I took it out as I noticed a new text message from Malik.

Malik: Can we go somewhere and talk? Please.

Was it too soon to talk? I tucked in my bottom lip, deciding whether I should get up or not.

Breanna, you are a grown woman, get up and talk to that man.

Me: Yeah, we can.

Malik: Meet me at the bathroom.

I watched him get up, leaving the room as I stared at Terry, as he gave me a reassuring grin once I stood up from the chair and mouthed to Malaysia and Tatyana that I was going to be back.

I sauntered out of the banquet hall, going to the bathroom as I heard Malik's voice. I turned around and he stood in front of me wearing a broad smile.

"Breanna, you look beautiful," He stated, giving me one of his best Malik grins.

"Thank you," I blushed, putting my head down before I frowned. "I'm acting like a schoolgirl; I am not used to feeling nervous and giddy..."

"You like me?" Malik smirked.

"I don't know you to like you," I snorted, feeling my cheeks getting hot. "Oh my gosh!"

"Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking, especially after the kiss mishap," He smiled again, putting a hand behind his neck. "You making me nervous too...bruh,"

Wow, he was nervous, just like me.

"I'm sorry," I nervously giggled.

"That's not your fault," He chuckled, taking a deep breath as I felt the need to do the same. It felt better as I glanced at him. "Alright...I know we only had one date, which was a friendly date, but I want to have a chance to take you out and get to know you. Between the texting, phone calls, meetups at work, and then that kiss, I couldn't seem to get you out of my head. I just would love to have a chance to take you out just one time and we can see where we go from there because I like you,"

I watched him hold his bottom lip in as he shyly smiled and rubbed behind his neck. He was so cute and adorable that I couldn't believe that he was capable of getting me giddy like a schoolgirl.

I wasn't used to the blushing, mushy feeling inside and the butterflies. Everything was new to me as I couldn't believe that I developed feelings towards him or was it a crush? I couldn't tell the difference but whatever it was, I felt like a different person. It left me wondering what would happen if I did say yes to the date will my feelings or crush on him blossom into something more? How would falling in love feel at this point in my life? Would it eventually turn into love? How long were the talking stages?

All these questions that I've had in my head made overthink about all the possible outcomes of me going on a date. As I stared at his face and his nervousness; I found myself picturing us together then I realized that I didn't give him an answer yet and I was grown so I was deciding to go with my gut feeling.

"Yeah, I'll like to go on a date with you,"

"Whew," He let out another deep breath. "You were taking so long to answer that I thought you were going to say no. But thank you, I promise you that you won't regret this, I'll make sure that you have a good time."

"It doesn't have to be anything major, you know?" I stated.

"Alright, before we head back inside, can I have a real kiss this time from you?" He lifted a brow. "Or is that too much? I don't want to move fast with you or anything."

I don't think I was ready for a kiss yet. It was too soon, and I'm sure our date was going to be a test for this.

"On the cheek?"

"I'm cool with that," Malik nodded.

I laughed, moving closer to him as I stood on my tip-toes to plant a kiss on his cheek. Then, he picked me up as I was shocked at how strong he was.

"Now, let's go back inside,"

.

.

.

"To start my toast, I would like to say that I'm grateful for all of you all standing here with me and even to the members who couldn't make it," Mr. McKnight held up his mimosa, staring at all of us with the corners of his mouth curved into a genuine smile. "You've all been a huge part of my company's growth, success, and achievements as you all continuously provide me with endless support that I could never forget. When I win, you all win and when I succeed, you also succeed. I have the best crew members, team, and workers around, and lastly, I'm ready to make more opportunities, connections, and memories with you all! Thank you!"

We all cheered, holding our mimosas in the air before taking a sip. Although I might've been the worker with the least amount of time at the company amongst the other team members I felt like I belonged here with everyone.

"Breanna?" I heard Mr. McKnight's deep baritone voice calling me.

I pointed towards myself as he gestured me to meet him, so I fixed my shirt, sitting my mimosa on the table as I walked over to him.

"Yes, Mr. McKnight?"

"I called you here to let you know that you're included in when I'm referring to being a huge part of my company's growth, success and achievements," He confirmed. "I might give you a hard time around the company but you work extremely hard and you are good at what you do, so your job performance is appreciated,"

"Thank you so much, Mr. McKnight."

I left the banquet hall, going into the bathroom to check myself out. I was overwhelmed with all the acknowledgment that I was getting but I genuinely appreciated it so much. Staring at myself in the mirror, I stared at my makeup that was still looking good to have danced and probably sweated. Just as I was about to leave the bathroom, my cellphone rings, and of course, it was Johnathan Strong.

"Hi, Johnathan!" I answered the cellphone cheerfully. "How's it going?"

"Hey, Breanna. I have a professional photographer set for you tomorrow at nine-thirty," He confirmed. "I'll give you the photographer's contact information through email but you can check him out on his social media. ShotByKozillaK is his social media name on all his platforms, he started in Atlanta and has grown a lot here in LA. At the photoshoot; I'll have my fashion stylist handle your wardrobe, give you refreshments, but your responsibility is getting a hairdresser, and the makeup artists."

Now, where was I going to find a hairdresser and makeup artist? I didn't know anyone out here in LA that did those things and my colleagues didn't do those things so now I was feeling pressured.

"Wow, I'm going to have to find a hairstylist and makeup artist at the last minute?" I frowned.

"Checkout ShotbyKozilla's wife social media page, theKatrinaTouch, she's located in LA as well," Johnathan asserted. "Now, I've done my part and you need to do yours so that you can build yourself a portfolio to take to the agency,"

"Thanks for your help again, Johnathan."

"Don't thank me now," He chuckled, hanging up afterward.

I sighed, going to theKatrinaTouch Instagram page as I viewed her profile. Her name was Katrina Elise Jones-Perry, as she flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles and had a shop in both cities called Simply Elise Beauty Salon: Hair Care, Nails, and Spa. While she also had her makeup line called KissesByLovelace. So this woman was the real deal and I needed to set up an appointment with her. I noticed the book now number as I dialed it and waited for someone to answer the phone.

"Simply Elise Beauty's Salon, Maya Ballard speaking," A joyous voice answered the phone. "How can we help you?"

"Hi, I'm Breanna Davidson and I was wondering if Mrs. Perry was free for tomorrow morning at eight?"

"Let me transfer your call, one moment," Maya responded.

It took less than a minute for Mrs. Perry to answer the phone as I heard a light accent.

"Hello, May I ask who's speaking?" Mrs. Perry questioned.

"Breanna Davidson,"

"Okay, now what do you need me to do for you?" She seemed like a lighthearted person just from hearing her voice.

"I have a photoshoot session with ShotByKozillaK in Los Angeles," I started. "And I was wondering if I could book you for the shoot tomorrow morning? I'll make sure to pay you for my hair and makeup."

"At what time, Ms. Davidson?" She inquired.

"Nine o'clock A.M."

"I'm free by then, I'll be there," She confessed.

"Okay, thank you so much, Mrs. Perry."

"Not a problem, sweetie. See you later!" She ended the call.

So now I was booked for a photoshoot to build my portfolio tomorrow. I had such a busy weekend ahead of me.

Hearing a knock on the door, I then heard Tatyana's voice.

"Breanna, you alright in there, girl? We've been looking all over for you," She wondered, as I heard the concern in her voice.

I placed my phone back inside of my bag, opening the door.

"I'm fine, needed a breather after hearing all that appreciation," I sighed, letting her inside of the bathroom. "I was in her giving myself a pep talk,"

"You sure?" Tatyana raised a brow, crossing her arm. "If you're going through something, you can talk to me, you know? I'm a good listener and if you need someone to give you advice then you can talk to Malaysia because she's the best at that."

"Well..." I thought back to my date with Malik. So I decided to tell her that. "Malik asked me on a date."

"What?" Her eyes widened, as she became extremely excited. "I knew there was a reason why y'all got up around the same time, I'm excited for you. Are you nervous?"

"Very much so," I affirmed. "It'll be my first real date, nobody has ever asked me out so upfront. And Malik seems to make me nervous whenever I'm around him,"

"That's so cute, I tell you what..." She trailed off, tapping her finger underneath her chin. "Call me before the date, and I'll help you get ready. I've been on several dates and I'll be happy to help you get over your first date jitters,"

"Would you? That'll be so nice,"

"Absolutely," Tatyana pulled me in for a hug. "That's what friends are for. So, you ready to come out of the bathroom?"

"Yes," I gave myself one last look as I followed her out of the bathroom.

What a day it's been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 706 17
love
9.7K 204 69
Breanna goes threw hell when she first moves to La with her friend...After time she meets up with a old friend she finds.....she has alot of choices...
2K 124 23
Love brings meaning to life which is a feeling worth dying for like Romeo and Juliet. As for Julien, a cliche romantic gent, he encounters true love...
RoyalT By JustenJerod

General Fiction

169 1 20
Since a child Tayonna has always wanted to be a star. She suprisingly gets her chance at stardom when she wins a social media competition. Her and he...