The Heirs

By shruthii

"Do you have a death wish? You cannot seriously be thinking of going there? That place, those people... they... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01 - RUNAWAY BRIDE
CHAPTER 02 - LIES
CHAPTER 03 - ARCTIC BLUE EYES
CHAPTER 04 - KING'S PET
CHAPTER 06 - STAR ESSENCE
CHAPTER 07 - VENGEFUL PREDATOR
CHAPTER 08 - DECISIONS
CHAPTER 09 - HOUND
CHAPTER 10 - MISLEAD
CHAPTER 11 - THE GRANDPARENTS
CHAPTER 12 - THE CHILDREN
CHAPTER 13 - LIGHTNING BOLT
CHAPTER 14 - ESCAPE
CHAPTER 15 - SHE IS MINE
CHAPTER 16 - HER NAME
CHAPTER 17 - LYCORIANS
CHAPTER 18 - PURE SOUL
CHAPTER 19 - REGRETS
CHAPTER 20 - PLANS
CHAPTER 21 - MR BLACK
CHAPTER 22 - SECRETS
CHAPTER 23 - FRENEMIES
CHAPTER 24 - TRUST
CHAPTER 25 - BOON
CHAPTER 26 - HOUSE OF CARDS
CHAPTER 27 - COLLATERAL DAMAGE
CHAPTER 28 - DISRESPECT
CHAPTER 29 - CHOICE
CHAPTER 30 - CONTROL
CHAPTER 31 - GAMES
CHAPTER 32 - FOCUSED
CHAPTER 33 - TWO MOTHER'S TALES
CHAPTER 34 - REASON WITH
CHAPTER 35 - LIBERI
CHAPTER 36 - WHO PLAYED WHOM?

CHAPTER 05 - KIDNAPPED

2.4K 132 127
By shruthii

HOLA,

I'm one day earlier than I planned but it's because it's my friend's birthday and since she is always the first one to read all my stories I had to update a chapter on her day. So, yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Akshatha6 :D:D Thank-you for always being a wonderful friend :D LOVE YOU LOADS!!!

Also, this chapter is dedicated to @AnonymousAnnabelle :D

Now, let's go ahead...

****

CARROTS-

The first thing my mom told me after I started getting eyesight problem was— Eat carrots. Hell, she even used to make a tall glass of carrot juice for me. Why? Because carrot contains vitamin A and the deficiency of this vitamin causes eye disease. Eating carrots help only if your vision problems are due to vitamin A deficiency. (Mine wasn't and so, right now I have glasses sitting on my nose and I hate wearing them in summer season the most.)

It also has vitamin B6 that is involved in converting food to energy. It's doctor recommended for women who have trouble keeping food inside their stomach during the initial stages of pregnancy.

Besides this, carrots also contain small amounts of calcium in them which is good for bone health.

So, yeah, grab a carrot, scrub it clean, peel the skin (if you want to) and then have it like a snack!

____

"It wasn't enough to be kidnapped, I had to be insulted too."
Charlaine Harris

____

CHAPTER 05 – KIDNAPPED

FOUR HOURS AGO,

Sitting alone, in the vacant bus-stand, Cyane checked her phone for the umpteenth time and sighed when she noticed she hasn't received any message from Minerva.

She did want to call her friend, but decided against it because what if Min was still in the class? Unlike Cyane, Minerva took her studies seriously and was very good at it.

It was three in the afternoon and it was blazing hot and Cyane noticed that she was sweating just by simply sitting. Back at her home in Neaera, Cyane never actually sweated simply by sitting because no one did. It was cloudy nine out of ten times in Sylvan mountains and for the remaining one time, it would rain heavily. The only time she sweated was when she was training.

Sweeping her newly cut shoulder-length hair, off her nape, she tensed because it had been sixty-six days since she had run away from her wedding. Sixty-six days since she had been home since she had seen either of her grandparents. She loved them dearly but coming out of that world, she realized that they had always held her back in finding her true place. In being something more than a Lycorian Princess.

She had learned to live a different life already under the guidance and care of Yolanda and her husband, who was also a wonderful person. After agreeing with Cyane's request that day in her office, Yolanda had provided her with a room to stay and asked her to help in the hospital. When Yolanda's daughter Minerva had come to visit her mother, Cyane had first met her and they had hit it off immediately.

Cyane had also loved bonding with the little children in the hospital and healing them. She had gone through a range of emotions in that hospital but she had loved every single one of it because it was an experience that she had never had before.

She got to see the pain, the utter helplessness, the joy, the happiness... everything within the buildings of the Moonflower Community Hospital. She had also made some other friends. Cyane stiffened when she thought of them— Winnie and Mel. Her first-ever friends and now, their fate was unknown to her.

Seeing them in the hospital, Cyane had gone to their room and had initiated a conversation with the couple. Cyane had bonded with them after realizing they shared a lot of common interests. Mel had also shared with Cyane that she was an orphan and Winnie had been her schoolmate and that's how they had met and fallen in love.

However, Winnie's parents and brother, who were homophobic had refused to accept their daughter's sexuality or her relationship. Things had been rough at Winnie's home to the point where she was physically abused by her father and brother. To keep her in line, they blackmailed her by threatening to abuse her little sister Elvi.

Winnie was only seventeen and a minor, which made it difficult for her to stand up against her parents to save Elvi. Mel, though an adult, was only nineteen and worked several odd jobs just to keep food on her plate.

Cyane had felt sympathetic to their plight and had vowed to help them any way she possibly could.

When Winnie had been given the all-clear sign to go home, she had chosen to return to her parents, much to the protest of Mel and Yolanda. Cyane had watched her be brave and accept her fate, just to protect her sister and admired it, though she had her fears. When she had gotten the news that Winnie's parents had obtained a restraining order against Mel, she had been scared because Mel had been forced to leave town after that.

So, she had sent Mr Black after Winnie and had asked him to make sure she was safe.

All her fears came true when three weeks later, Mr Black had returned and had been flapping his wings repeatedly to tell her that something bad was going to happen to Winnie.

He had led her to a narrow road passing through the woods and Cyane remembered following a silver car. She had stopped in the middle of the road, forcing the driver to bring the vehicle to an abrupt halt.

Her eyes had widened in shock when she had seen a puffy-eyed Winnie in a bridal dress with her parents and brother and had immediately realized that Winnie's parents were forcing her to marry a man regardless of her choice and age.

Cyane knew how it felt to be forced to do something they didn't want to do and she knew she couldn't let Winnie go through that.

When they had started scolding her for coming out of nowhere in the middle of the road, Cyane had requested Winnie's father to not to commit such a huge mistake. He had then started insulting her and Winnie had begged Cyane to leave, saying she wouldn't understand. Cyane had known that they were blackmailing her again with her little sister Elvi, who had also been in the back seat and had watched the whole scenario with a tear-stained face. She also remembered Winnie's cruel brother, Kurtis, passing a derogatory comment and raising his fist to her that had enraged her so much that she had twisted his arm. While he had been crying in pain, Winnie had begged her to leave and not cause any trouble.

It had hurt Cyane, but she knew why Winnie had been saying those things. Cyane had tried to make Winnie understand that Yolanda could help her but Winnie hadn't listened and after Kurtis had thrown some filthy words at her, they had driven off, while she had watched them leave helplessly.

Afterwards... afterwards, she remembered waking up in the Moonflower Community Hospital with no injuries whatsoever.

It was Yolanda's husband, Lysander Zeke, who had found her lying in the middle of the road. After failing to wake her up, he had carried her to his car to get her to the hospital. But he had been in for a rude shock, when almost three kilometres from where he had found Cyane, he had found the charred remains of a car with nobody inside but several broken bones and heaps of ashes around it.

Yolanda's husband had asked her several questions and Cyane knew he had found her suspicious but she hadn't been injured or hurt anywhere. There had been no traces of blood on her and she had been helpless in the investigation. The forensic team had repeatedly said that the bodies had been torn with claws and jaws of an animal, even they couldn't point out.

Yolanda's husband had also asked her if she remembered anything but Cyane hadn't. Although she knew why she had been in the area, she couldn't remember how she ended up fainting there?

She knew she healed fast because she was fairy but she expected to remember something... anything and Cyane couldn't find any answers. She couldn't let it go because it was happening to her for the second time.

The first time, it happened the day she ran away from her wedding. She remembered Izzy helping her get into a car that would take her to her Poppy's home, but then she couldn't remember how she ended up in the woods.

What had happened? Why did she forget such important things?

The result of the DNA testing of the bones had shown that the bones belonged to Winnie's father and her brother, Kurtis.

Cyane had found it hard to believe, but what she had found harder to believe was that Winnie and her sister had escaped before the accident or the attack had happened because the result also showed that the other bones there had belonged to individuals who had been missing for a long, long time from their respective homes.

Winnie, Elvi and their mother's bodies were nowhere to be found!

A few days later, the team had found the torn and decomposed body of Winnie's mother but not of Winnie and Elvi. And just last week, Cyane had found out that they had stopped searching for the bodies, assuming animals might have eaten it. Cyane flinched and trembled a little when she thought about it.

She had seen the photos of the dead bodies and they all looked like they had been attacked by a pack of jungle wolves. But Cyane had a gut feeling it wasn't wolves even when she saw the claw marks in the photos. It couldn't have been wolf because she knew how to fight a wolf. This was something else and Cyane closed her eyes in pain because she couldn't remember what 'this' was.

Yolanda had informed her that Winnie's family had been attacked by Ash, an enemy of the kingdom. An enemy who was known to leave the ashes of his victims and nothing else.

In the file, there weren't any photos of Winnie or Elvi and the other bones found in the location was of someone not related to them. They had shown her many photos and she didn't know any of those strangers. She couldn't point out anyone from it even though she badly wanted to, just so she could fill the blank that she had in her memory.

Which is why, she was here, waiting for Yolanda's daughter Minerva Zeke because Min had promised to help her venture the woods, to search for the bodies. Min believed they were dead and Cyane would be convinced of it only if she found their bodies and so, they would go into the woods along with Minerva's mate.

An SUV zoomed right past her and Cyane winced because the music from the vehicle was extra loud and so were the cheers coming from inside.

The doctor who had treated her initially hadn't found any head injuries in Cyane and neither could Yolanda. Cyane assumed that whatever killed Winnie's family might have attacked her too but because she was a fairy and had healing abilities, she survived, while they died.

Yolanda and her family now knew she was a fairy because her wings had been out when Lysander had found her in the woods. Besides, she couldn't hide it anymore from them. Not after what had happened to Winnie's family. To protect her, Yolanda had taken her to her home.

Wiping at her tears, Cyane stood up from her seat and walked towards the edge of the pavement to check if Min's car had arrived.

She was looking at her right when she caught a strange scent. She turned to her left and was startled when she saw an unfamiliar man, who seemed to be in his early twenties, standing next to her and staring at her with an odd look.

Wolf.

She caught his scent immediately and knew he was a wolf. He couldn't place her scent and would eventually accept that though she was of mixed blood, she wasn't a she-wolf. The wolves couldn't figure out the scent of fairies and Cyane used that to her full advantage. In the last two months, this had happened a lot and Yolanda had told her that to avoid suspicion, she should act as a normal person would.

Which is why Cyane gave a small smile and then turned her head. But she frowned because how did he arrive all of a sudden out of nowhere?

Through the corner of her eye, Cyane saw the guy taking a step closer and she turned her head to openly frown at him. He took another step closer and when she opened her mouth to reprimand him, another guy from behind covered her mouth with a piece of cloth and pushed her into the backseat of the very same SUV that had zoomed past her earlier.

"Close the door. Quick" there were already three guys in the backseat.

Cyane moaned and tried to fight the men but they quickly got in, closed the door and drove away. The scent of the chloroform was irritating and Cyane closed her eyes and stopped fighting just so that they could take it off her face.

And they did, just like she expected.

"My! What a beauty" an unfamiliar male voice said, placing his hands on her knees and because it gave her heebie-jeebies, she quickly pushed his hand away and glared at him.

"What the hell?" he growled when his cat green eyes met hers.

Oh Yes! They thought she was human. Dumb wolves didn't realise that chloroform never worked on fairies and it took something much stronger than that to paralyze the fairies. Something like- Harpy venom.

"Don't touch me" Cyane hissed at him.

"What?" they all stared at her dumbstruck. "How?"

The same guy who had earlier tried to suffocate her, moved his hand, but Cyane punched him in the jaw and roughly pulling the cloth from his hand, she slammed it against the nearest person's face and then looked back at the guy who had dared to touch her, with complete hatred in her eyes.

He was the gang leader. She just knew it!

His friends moved forward in their seat all at once and after slapping her and holding her hands and legs, they forced her down and pressed her firmly against the seat. Cyane kicked and tried to fight them off but the place was congested and she was outnumbered.

As her heart hammered in her chest, she screamed in a rage, she had never felt before because her hand was held behind her back and her face was slammed against the seat. She felt knocked over and her cheeks stung from the slap.

No one had ever abused her this way before and she was furious at these wolves who had disrespected her like this.

"You shouldn't have done that" the guy, who seemed to be the leader of the group, growled out lowering his head, to lean closer to Cyane.

"Let go" Cyane bit out, kicking her legs, but another one held it and began tying her up. "Get off me" she shouted.

"Man! Shut her up! I am trying to text Alex here" someone in the front seat complained.

"Shh... beautiful! Stop fighting and then you'll feel no pain at all" the leader, the guy with the cat green eyes told her tugging a strand of her off her face and Cyane fiercely shook her head.

"You are going to regret this" Cyane swore when she saw the lust in his gaze.

The guy laughed and so did his friends, "And how is that going to happen? No one can touch me in Aelius" he said proudly and Cyane frowned at him.

"Consider yourself lucky cause none other than the crown prince wants you" another guy sneered as the guy with green eyes sat back in his seat with a proud smirk.

"A prince" Cyane hissed in even more rage because she disliked princes.

"Yes. I am Crown Prince Saint Winthrop of the kingdom of Aelius" he grinned; "And what I want, I always get" he finished and then slipped his hand into her skirt.

"Take your hands off me" Cyane shouted, shaking violently to push him off because his fingers were touching her thighs and moving upwards in a creepy way. She twisted violently and he growled.

Theos! If only she could fight off the men holding her in a death-like grip.

"Knock her off" Saint barked at his friends when Cyane fought him.

All of a sudden, there was loud crunching sound of metal crashing against metal and as the grip on her hands loosened, Cyane pushed herself up and noticed that a huge truck had slammed against the back of the gang's SUV.

Karma! She thought smugly at first but very quickly realized that the driver of the truck was purposefully ramming his giant truck against the SUV until the driver of the SUV was forced to hit on the break.

Cyane fell back against the seat and groaned at the impact, while Saint and his friends fell around her. Her neck ached terribly as she sat up straight, to push off the guy in her lap. She didn't know what was happening, but she just knew that she needed to get away from these crazy wolves.

"What the hell?"

"Who are they?"

"Shit!"

The wolves who had kidnapped her muttered, trying to sit upright and Cyane's own eyes widened when she saw the driver of the truck throw something inside the car.

There was a small burst of flame and immediately smoke emanated from the grenade. The smell was terrible and as the SUV door was pushed open, the wolves climbed out and after untying herself, Cyane followed.

They were all coughing repeatedly when she heard screeching sounds of tyres with cars coming to a halt.

"Quick! Quick! Hurry!" someone shouted as she blinked repeatedly to see through the smoke.

"Get the prince. Get the prince" another one barked as Cyane fell on her knees, finding it painfully difficult to stand up.

"Don't touch me" Saint hissed and Cyane winced when she saw some guy pick up an iron rod and slam it against Saint's head, knocking him out.

She fell back when he started bleeding. The men who hit Saint were even more ruthless because they roughly picked up an unconscious Saint and dumped him in their vehicle.

"Knock them off and dump them in" the same voice barked again and before Cyane could utter a word, she felt an elbow slam against the back of her head and with a moan, Cyane fell on the ground.

It would take her a minute or two to heal and once she was healed, she would get rid of all these wolves, she swore as she was picked up and put on the backseat of another car, where they then covered her face with a black sack.

"Who is she?" Cyane heard someone asking, as she opened and closed her eyes because the grenade and the sack were too much and she couldn't see anything.

"His new plaything" another voice replied and Cyane gritted her teeth. She knew the 'his' they were referring to was the prince— Saint. These wolves were here for Saint!

So, her kidnappers were getting kidnapped by another gang? It was a strange situation and she thought Saint and his men deserved it; if only she weren't involved in this mess.

While Cyane was still recovering, the men in the car began tying her up with chains and Cyane was relieved to see it wasn't iron because fairies hated rusted iron and iron ore as found in the earth's crust.

It burned their skin and made healing slower. In certain extreme circumstances, they had even ended up killing the fairies.

As the man roughly coiled the chain around her hands, Cyane winced and it didn't go unnoticed.

"Quick" she heard a voice saying and then someone injected something into her arm and Cyane lost conscious.

___

When she regained her conscious, Cyane opened her eyes and noticed that she was now tied to a chair. The black sack was still covering her face and she couldn't see anything but there was light in the room and it was coming from above her head, probably a bulb because when she looked up she felt the heat from the bulb.

"Theos" Cyane muttered because compared to this dark room, the car seemed a better option for escaping.

She took a deep breath and caught the scent of several wolves around, including Saint and his friends. There were all still here.

How long was she out for? An hour? A day?

She didn't have much time to ponder, not when she heard footsteps approaching. Cyane closed her eyes and pretended to be unconscious. If she wasn't careful now, she was aware that they might attack her again.

Her grandparents have always fought with each other, but there was one thing that both of them agreed on and that was her safety. Both had insisted Cyane train how to fight and so, Cyane knew she was very good at it.

Not as good as Ari or Ronnie, but good!

She could take these wolves down, she knew that for sure because fairies were more powerful than wolves; because fairies had powers, wolves didn't. Fairies could manipulate the energy around them and Cyane was the best in her clan when it came to manipulating energy.

The door opened and the footsteps approached closer. Cyane realized there were two men.

"Who is she?" the first one asked authoritatively.

"Don't know. She was with them in the car but because she is a human, we kept her in a separate room" the other one replied.

"She doesn't smell like a human. Has a wolf scent." The first guy seemed perplexed!

"One of her parents might be a wolf but she isn't. Still, she was hanging out with those brats" Cyane could hear the sneer in his voice. "Johnny wants her to be an example so that the king realises how serious we are."

"Show her to me," the first voice demanded and the sack covering her face was roughly yanked away. Cyane heard a stark intake of breath and tried her best not to open her eyes. "We could have some fun with her before killing her" the same voice mused and Cyane dug her fingers into her palms.

"The boss asked to save it for the cameras" another replied with a chuckle and then they both walked out, locking the door.

The moment she knew they were out of earshot, Cyane opened her eyes and looked around the room. She frowned when she realized that it was a room with no windows. The only light was from the little bulb above her head and the ventilator at the corner of the ceiling.

She looked at herself and heaved a sigh because she seemed unhurt and was still wearing the same clothes- a knee-length punch pink coloured lace skirt and floral printed light blue top.

Her cheeks weren't stinging anymore and she was relieved.

She then looked at the chains around her hand and sighed when she noticed that apart from little red marks, she hadn't been hurt by it. But then it was because of the wolf blood in her veins.

Her relatives were all of the mixed-blood because they shared the blood of an angel and they all had the wide, glowing angel wings. The power to manipulate the energy was common with all the members of the family. But Cyane, she knew she was a special case because apart from being a Sylvan fairy, she was also the daughter of a wolf.

Her grandfather said, it made her stronger and at certain times like right now, Cyane did feel stronger.

She had to get out of here and go back to Yolanda's place. She knew how she was going to escape but to get to Yolanda, she had to ask help and then, she had to return to her home. She had to though because Aelius was more messed up than she thought and her castle seemed like a safer option. She could now understand why her grandmamma kept her safe from this corrupted world. People here were selfish and they didn't have any sense of what's right and what's wrong. To them, she was just an object because they talked about her as if she is nothing.

But Cyane knew she was something more than a Lycorian Princess. That was why she had requested Yolanda to let her stay here. To prove to herself that she could be so much more!

In the last two months, working in that hospital, Cyane had learnt to love herself, to value herself because every moment was precious and she had learnt to make the best out of the worst situation.

Her eyes flew open and then she took a deep breath. She was pleased to see no CCTV cameras in the room.

She looked at the chains in her feet and then used her magical ability to manipulate the energy, she melted them.

The chains were loose on her hands and legs and before it could hit the floor with a clink, Cyane caught them in her hands and slowly placed it down.

She had lost her phone and bag in the car somewhere during the struggle and she didn't know how to contact Yolanda without that phone but somehow, she has to find her way back to the doctor's home.

The ventilator was fit enough only for a bird to escape, so she had to make use of the door. The cheap metal door was locked from the outside and Cyane didn't want to waste time by trying to bang it. It would only attract unwanted attention and she was tired of those.

She slowly levitated from the ground and moved towards the door. Wolves had a strong sense of scents and sound, which is why she had to be careful.

Cyane slowly flew away from the door and then raised her hands in front of her. A purple glow emerged from her hand and she curled her fingers when she felt the weight of the energy in her hands. The energy that was not just emanating from her body but also the energy that she was absorbing from her surroundings.

The bulb light flickered repeatedly as Cyane flew back further and thrust that energy towards the door. The door fell on the floor with a horrible clank and Cyane winced because that attracted attention.

There was a loud growl and then Cyane could hear men running upstairs. She lowered herself to the ground and then sighed.

"So much for not making a scene" she mumbled shaking her head and preparing herself for the inevitable fight to come.

In a way, she was glad because she knew she wanted their blood. These men were all sick and there was no need for her to feel guilty for wanting them dead. For if they survived today, they would look for another woman tomorrow and that thought alone made Cyane firm in her decision.

The men came to a stop at the top of the stairs and when they saw her, their eyes widened in shock and they growled loudly before rushing towards her.

Cyane flew ahead and clutching the ears of the first guy, she roughly slammed his head against the nearest pillar and then holding the same round pillar she twirled gracefully around it and landed on her feet, while the now unconscious guy slumped on the floor.

The other wolves came to a halt when they saw the scene in front of them. When they glared at Cyane, she shrugged innocently which annoyed them and as one came forward to attack her with his fist, she crouched and slammed her fist against his knees.

It hurt him a lot since her hands were still as hard as iron because of the energy, and when he stumbled, Cyane tugged his ankle. While he lost his balance and fell on his back, she bent his knees and then smashed it against his stomach, breaking some bones.

Punching him once in the face, she got off him and stood up, ready to fight the others.

Cyane then rushed headlong and holding the neck of one guy slammed him to the wall beside the window and then kicked one more in the groin, before turning and then fighting both of them together using some cool techniques her trainers had taught her.

She didn't know where the men had kept the prince but he was still in the building with his friends. She swore she would kill Prince Saint after she gets rid of these mutts.

She quickly ducked, placed her hands on the floor and kicked their shins, causing them to fall face-first on the floor. Cyane used that opportunity to slam her elbow on one guy's neck and then her heels on another guy's back.

She flipped and then raised to her feet when more wolves rushed upwards but the screeching of tyres caught everyone's attention and then there were sounds of loud, ferocious growls. Everyone stopped for a few seconds, absolutely confused.

"It's the king's men. They are here for the prince."

"Shit! Alex and the Hound are here," someone shouted from downstairs.

Cyane frowned but did not divert her attention from the wolves on the stairs, who were coming to attack her.

There was a loud bang and then Cyane heard gunshots.

"Get the prince!"

"Kill them all"

Wolves snarled, roared and a few ran back downstairs to attack the king's men, who Cyane deduced had come to rescue the prince and his friends.

However, some guys still came for her and one of them was the guy who had wanted to have fun with her. Cyane knew she would have the most fun when taking him down because right this very moment, he became her target.

Downstairs, guns were being used and judging by the loud growls and howls, Cyane knew some have even shifted into their wolves.

What a mess! What an absolute mess!

As the wolves came to her, Cyane held one by his wrist and then placing a hand on his shoulder, she flipped him on his back and then twisted his neck, knocking him out. Stepping over him, she kicked other two and then flipping, she crashed her heels against the chin of another and then punched him twice in the face.

The guy who passed that comment then came for her extending his claws and Cyane simply clutched his shirt with her hands and pushed him towards the railing. He lost balance and fell onto the ground floor.

Frustrated, Cyane jumped off the railing and before landing on her feet, she twisted the head of a guy, holding a gun and aiming it at her target.

Nobody will be allowed to kill her target, except for her.

When her target saw it, he crawled backwards and as Cyane was about to go after him, some guy wrapped his arm around her neck and as he tried to tighten his hold, Cyane stomped his foot and kicked him in the shin, before roughly pulling his arm from her neck and then holding his wrist, she twisted his arm and pushed him against a wall before slamming her knees against his back.

When he tried to shift into his wolf, Cyane curled her fingers on his hair and banged his head, twice to that same wall.

She didn't care who he was or which team he belonged to. All of them were bad and she would kill every single one of them!

It was at that moment, that she caught a scent which unsettled her. She looked around and the place was total mayhem. Screams, whimpers, curses and blood, so much blood amidst so many dead bodies.

It disturbed and scared Cyane a little, but she also knew she wouldn't escape from here until she killed her target. He would be her first kill and she was okay with it even if it went against her principles. Even if it went against everything her grandmamma had taught her but it was not something that went against her clan's rules.

Her clan is considered the deadliest in the world because they killed people, unlike other clans. Cyane knew Ari and Ronnie had killed people who had betrayed the clan and they had been taught to do that since a young age. Since Cyane was to be a princess, she too was taught how to protect herself and though no one had asked her to kill— because bodyguards had been assigned to do the task— her training meant that she must be ready for anything when the situation asked for it. And for Cyane, this was it. This was the situation that would bring out the worst in her, killing any princess bone she had ever possessed.

She twirled and then looked around the place for her target and when his eyes met hers, he began running upstairs. Cyane growled and then moved towards him but stopped when she saw a gun aimed at her.

"Quite a fighter, aren't you?" the guy holding the gun smirked as Cyane stepped back. "Who are you?" he demanded angrily and before he could ask her another question, Cyane raised her legs and knocked the gun from his hold, before hitting him repeatedly in the face.

The scent that unsettled her was closer and Cyane couldn't find the source of it. It was distracting but she kept punching the guy until he was out for good.

As he fell, she saw wolves coming for her with their claws out and because Cyane didn't know how to use a gun, she picked the nearest weapon. Empty beer bottles.

There were several near the pillars and Cyane picked one with each hand and twirled it twice before running ahead and breaking them on two guys head. She then stabbed the broken glasses into the chest and thighs of two other wolves before kicking another in the face.

When they were all out, she ran upstairs, where her target was fighting with other wolves. Gunshots were aimed at her but she whooshed past it and when her target saw her, he began running away.

"Stay away from me witch!" he barked and with a growl, Cyane went for him.

She caught him by the neck and pressed him against the nearest wall. He extended his claws and tried to hurt her. As she tried to thwart it, her hold on him loosened and he used that opportunity to run to a nearby room.

Cyane followed and that particular scent which had caught her attention was closer now. She remembered that she had caught this scent once before but she couldn't point it out!

It confused Cyane and she was about to go look for the source; however, when her target began to lock himself inside a room, Cyane kicked open the door and then rising high in the air, she punched him in the face. She then repeatedly blocked his hit with her hands and legs before hitting his chest, groin and chin and as he struggled to stand, she twirled and then rammed her heels on his face.

Did he want to have fun with her? She'll teach him what she considers as fun...

Spitting blood from his mouth, he fell on the floor. Cyane then jumped and with an angry scream, she slammed her elbows on to the back of his head. Getting up, she looked around and picking up the only wooden chair in the room, she broke it on his back.

"Fuck you" he hissed when he struggled to get up. Furious, Cyane swung what remained of the wooden chair across his face and with a groan, her target collapsed on to the floor.

Another thumping noise made her look up with a glare. However, her eyes widened in recognition when she saw Gideon Croft who was frowning down at the guy he just hit.

The tall, well-built guy, who was on his knees, had lowered his head and was clutching the back of his head with his hands. Cyane caught the scent and was thoroughly confused until Gideon slammed the same guy again with his gun. With a groan, the guy fell flat on the floor and stepping over him, Gideon entered the room she was in.

"Cyane, how the hell did you end up here?" he whispered, approaching her. "We were supposed to go to the woods and you weren't there at the bus stand."

"The prince kidnapped me" Cyane spat and Gideon's eyes rounded in disbelief.

"That was you? Shit! You need to get out of here" he informed her, shaking his head and peeping out to see if anyone was watching them.

"You think I don't know that?" Cyane asked offended. She knew she had to get to Yolanda's house. Her house was near a lake and Cyane could track it on her own, if she found out which direction it was.

"This is not the time to argue Cyane. You need to leave, now. These wolves are dangerous" he held her arm and began dragging her towards the window.

"Yet you work for their king" Cyane pointed out, as he threw open the window door.

"You know who has my absolute loyalty," Gideon said seriously and Cyane winced because she was wrong to point that out when she knew the truth about Gideon.

Cyane had learnt these past few weeks that there is some serious internal turmoil happening in Aelius between Yolanda's husband, Lysander Zeke and the King and very soon the kingdom would see a change in power. But this time, the power would go to the hands of the rulers born to rule this kingdom.

"I am sorry," Cyane said sincerely.

"Call Lysander once you reach the road and he'll be able to track you. He is already looking all over for you. If he finds out Saint has set his eyes on you..." Gideon stopped mid-sentence and then shook his head. "Leave. I'll take care of everything here."

"But these wolves—" Cyane knew she could help Gideon in taking them down.

"Nothing I cannot handle" Gideon smiled and then handed her his phone.

As Gideon checked outside the window for any wolves, Cyane tapped his phone and then frowned when it asked for his password.

"What's your password?" she queried.

"You know who it is" Gideon countered and Cyane resisted the urge to coo. "Now go left, you'll find the road. I have kept the tracker on and once you reach the road, call Lysander. He'll take you home" Gideon said and Cyane nodded but before leaving, she turned and saw her target, unconscious on the ground.

Fun at her expense?

Gritting her teeth, she marched forward and then kicked his hips.

Once.

Twice.

Suddenly, she was picked up and her legs flayed in the air, as she tried to fight Gideon's hold on her waist.

"Let me go" she shouted.

"Only if you promise to leave from here" Gideon growled, moving towards the window.

"I want to kill him. I want to kill all of them" Cyane spat.

"Lower your voice Cyane. If anyone hears you my cover will be blown" he said and once Cyane stopped fighting, he dropped her on her feet.

She had to be careful because Yolanda had told her that Gideon was playing a dangerous game, in which he could also be killed. When she realised her mistake, she held back her anger and took a deep breath.

"Go and don't come back, no matter what happens" Gideon commanded and Cyane nodded grudgingly.

Her eyes once again flickered to the tall guy, lying flat on the floor and she frowned because he seemed familiar. Who was he?

"Go" Gideon stressed.

"Kill them all and if you cannot, then I will. One after the other" Cyane swore and jumping out of the window, she spread her wings and after waving once at Gideon, she flew away from the chaos of the old, abandoned factory building.

Before entering the forest covered with tall trees, Cyane turned to look and found Gideon watching her. Smiling, she waved once more and then flew in between the trees.

As she was flying, she couldn't help but recall that there was one particular scent that had disturbed her. She turned abruptly but stopped in between the trees when she didn't spot Gideon in the same window.

From her vantage point, Cyane could see two figures shifting into their wolves and running from the backside of the building. One of those men was the one who had struck Saint in the head with the rod. There was a loud growl and another, taller, muscular man raced after them.

The scent wasn't as strong as it was then and Cyane shook her head. "This is not the right time" she muttered to herself and when she heard loud screaming noises, she prayed for Gideon's safety and flew away.

****

Okay... I agree that was too much information at first, but it is important for the storyline and well, everything that happened in this chapter is.

Gideon helped Cyane escape so it's obvious he is betraying the throne, but why?

Do share your thoughts.

Also, Picture of Cyane

Next update on 3rd May, which hopefully is the last day of lockdown.

Until then,

STAY HOME. STAY SAFE...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344 38 21
Vampires , Werewolves , Dragons , Demons , Witches.. These Kingdoms always seem to be peaceful on the surface but under the covers , vampires and wol...
407K 14.9K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
3.2M 76.1K 38
"I said look at me," he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes. 'Mate...
1.8M 90.5K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...