The Queen's king |✔️

By Reha_writes

Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as h... More

Foreword.
• Prologue •
1. Him
2.Her
3. Kingdom Ramapur
4. Royal Dinner
5.The crying princess
6. Princess
7 .The smile
8.The village riots.
9. A New Journey.
10. Yes Brother.
11. Grateful.
12. The Beginning
13. Help.
14. Saved.
15. Butterflies.
17. Trouble
18. The search.
19. Found.
20. Healer.
21. A Sacred union of love
22. Our Kingdom.
23. Am I not pretty?
24. Rajmatha Padma.
25. Little Prince
26. Rejection.
27. Queen Chitra
28. Love birds.
♥️ Author's Note ♥️
29. Peaceful days
30. A plan
31. Staggered
32. An Avenge
33. A Queen's duty
34. A tale of betrayal
35. A Rise of War
36. A wrong twist
37. A Goddess
38. Apsara
39. Broken Hearts
40. Princess Nandhini
41. A Ride
❤️ Characters and cast ❤️
42. Blooming Love
43. Village Kalikapur
44. Lost Truths
45. Finding Love
46. Saving Kalikapur.
47. An Instinct.
48. Searching for Princess
49. Mending Love
50. A Happy End
• Epilouge •
Announcement 📣

16. Happiness.

36.1K 2.5K 104
By Reha_writes

Chitra sat still on the resting chair while Meenamma was plating her hair, decorating with several golden ornaments and flowers and she tried her best to think about everything other than that night, was that man caught? Maybe he had escaped as Arjuna never mentioned him today morning. Meenamma had been pestering her all day to know about everything that has happened that day, but how can she tell anyone that her step-sister was the one behind this? And also that man was the one whom she was supposed to get married to and was a reputed minister's son?

No one from her family came to visit her, neither her father nor her step-mother. Once again it was just Meenamma but the fact that no one cared about her pained her, was she that unlovable?

"Princess Chitra?" A soft knock on the door caught her attention, for a second she thought it was Arjuna but it was Vikram. She smiled and asked him to come inside. She was still in Arjuna's chambers but after their conversation in the morning, she didn't see him again.

"How are you feeling now?" Vikram asked as he stood by the door far away from her resting chair. A small frown made its way to her face, why was he standing in the corner? She noticed that there was no furniture around the room except the resting chair and she was using that only one. She immediately got up and sat on the bed.

"Brother, please take the chair."

His serious face broke into a small smile, "It's okay princess, I am just here to ask you a few questions regarding last night."

Chitra was not comfortable anymore, of course, Vikram was the sweetest person she knew but last night was a nightmare, and if she had a chance she would like to wipe that incident from her memories. She looked anywhere but not in his eyes.

"Can't you see she's uncomfortable about that topic?" Meenamma spoke in an authoritative tone which Chitra was not used to.

Vikram immediately felt guilty, probably she was still scared and he should have sent a female for this investigation, how can he be so reckless?

"I understand, it's very difficult for you, sister-

"Sister? How dare you address a princess like that? What is your rank in your kingdom huh?" Meenamma stood in front of him, trying to intimidate him and it was more than embarrassing for Chitra.

"Meenamma!! Vikram is like a brother-"

"Princess! Relationships are to be tied with people who are equal with your status and-"

"Meenamma, will step out for a minute?" Chitra asked, unable to handle how rudely she was insulting Vikram,

"But-"

"Please, go outside!"

And Meenamma left, shooting draggers through eyes towards Vikram, it would have been funny in any scenario but she just insulted Vikram whom Chitra regarded him as her brother.

"I apologize on behalf of Meenamma, brother." Her eyes filled with sadness as she said.

"No problem princess, elders know better sometimes-"

Chitra moved forward and caught his arm, he was the sweetest person in her life she ever knew and a brother she never had. She can't lose him because of Meenamma's stereotyped mind.

"You know that's not true, right? Old people might have more knowledge but the heart knows the truth-"

"What's happening here?" Arjuna's voice boomed with anger as he walked inside, his long strides and the sour face told Chitra that she was in trouble. But what did she do? All-day she was resting inside his chambers with Meenamma by her side.

"Your highness!" Vikram immediately bowed, paying his respects for his king.

He still looked angry and irritated. Was she supposed to pay her respects like Vikram? But once a handmaid told her that a princess is never supposed to bow in front of anyone. But maybe their kingdom has different rules and was she supposed to follow them?

So she did. She mimicked what Vikram did, she bent forward a little putting hands together,

"What are you doing Chitra?" Asked a startled Arjuna, he looked as if she had grown a pair of horns.

Confused, she stood back with a straight face and Vikram made weird sounds as he was covering his laugh with a fake cough.

And just like that Arjuna also laughed,

"Why are you both laughing?"

"Nothing." Arjuna said as his laugh dried up and he turned towards Vikram, " Vikram, you are dismissed for now. You can leave."

His mood got better, Chitra noticed.

"Why did you do that?" Arjuna asked as he moved forward near her, he was so close that her heart started beating faster. Was she suffering from any heart disease? She wondered.

"I was just- uh -I saw brother-"

"Relax!" He said, "Take a deep breath and then speak."

"You looked angry so I thought that I was supposed to bow like how brother-"

"Brother?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"Vikram, I call him brother," Chitra said slowly, she started to panic thinking that he might repeat what Meenamma had said.

He walked towards the balcony as Chitra followed him worried about how he might react.

He smiled but he chose not to comment anything about it, which put Chitra at ease, maybe he had no problem with her addressing Vikram as a brother. Arjuna is such a good and righteous person, and that small thought brought a small smile on her face.

"Your sister visited me today," Arjuna said, making her stop dead in her tracks.

"Wha-what did she say?"

"She said that the man who visited your chambers came by your request as you were betrothed to him?" He questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

"She also said that you are not happy with your father's decision about this marriage. And also that, you wish to marry him, is it true?" Asking Arjuna turned behind only to find her in tears.

Chitra couldn't believe this, not only did Priyamvada stoop down to a level of sending a man to her chambers but also to an extent of lying to Arjuna.

"Do you believe her?" Chitra asked, trying her best to not cry like a baby. Was she going to lose Arjuna now? Would he ever believe her?

"You tell me, should I?"

After a pregnant pause, Chitra finally replied, "No."

In a swift, he pulled Chitra by her waist making her soft body press against him, "Now, I wouldn't make a good husband if I believed every crap story? Would I?" Saying he tucked a few locks of her hair behind her ear.

"Yo-you believe me?" Chitra asked confused, a small smile made its way to her face. He believed her over Priyamvada, though they never had a situation where she proved her loyalty to him, he still believed her.

"Yes and now stop overthinking and have your beauty sleep Princess," Saying he kissed her forehead and Chitra's heart melted with his affectionate kiss.

He almost stepped out of the chambers but he made his way back and kissed her again, but this time on her cheek, almost touching the corner of her lips.

Heat pooled in her cheeks and those butterflies from today's morning were back in her stomach.

"That's for tomorrow as I won't be able to see you."

Chitra raised her head wondering why he will not be able to meet her.

"We aren't supposed to see each other before the marriage and also you will be busy with all those rituals tomorrow and don't worry, Vikram would be around so you can call for him if you need anything. So have a Good night princess." Saying he walked out, for real this time.

As she slept on the bed, she dreaded that she won't be able to see him tomorrow but on the brighter side she would be married to him after a day. Never had she been so happy, so content. And she would do anything for this happiness to last in her life, for Arjuna to be in her life.

* * *

Hey there! Don't forget to press the star down here 🌟

Ramadan Mubarak guys ♥️ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 51.3K 45
"𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙢. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪,𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙞�...
787K 38.9K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
49.4K 2.1K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...
10.7M 647K 97
Rudra was my love and so was I for him until I came to know that everything was just a game. Emotions and blood have that sacred bond that the thick...