They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|29|

9.9K 208 93
By superstar-striker

"Don't even think about it Lee!" "Whatcha gonna do about it Freckles?" "Elliot I swear to god I will end you".

We hold each others stares as she narrows her eyes at me almost daring me to do it. "Do it!" Teagan dares me off to the side. "I don't know Ellie" Hailee starts clearly not sure about it, "she seems pretty serious. You might want to reconsider". Teagan scoffs playfully, "Look at the size of her. She's only tiny and Elliots a tank. What's the worst she could do?"

"Jessie's fast though" Sunny comments. "But Ellie has a head start" Anika points out. "Guys shut up" I say not tearing my eyes away from the Canadian in front of me. "Last chance Lee. Do it and we're done" she glares at me. I lick my lips and let out a deep breath and thinking for a second before deciding.

Fuck it

I open fire on her as she tries to cover herself as I spray her with water. "Elliot!" She squeals as she covers her face to stop the water hitting her eyes. I laugh as I soak her while she curls up into a ball on her towel and her book thrown off to the side forgotten.

But my laughter soon stops when I run out of water

There was a seconds pause as we stare at each other. Me with an innocent smile and Jessie looks up at me with a murderous glare from the ground. I drop the water gun and take off down the beach kicking up sand behind me. I can hear the others shouting behind me but I don't turn around as I know I'll slow down if I do and she's catch me.

I made it down a good length of the beach before I'm tackled to the ground. I groan and spit out sand that got into my mouth, "Jesus Jess". She's still on my back and smacks the back of my head and wiping her wet face and hair on me, "I told you not to! Our friendship is officially over" she jokes. I look down the field to see our friends all watching us laughing. Teagan was hunched over clutching her stomach she was laughing so hard.

I tilt over and Jess falls off my back onto the sand beside me and I turn my head to look at me, "Trust me I think we ruined the friendship a while ago". Her cheeks flush but she lets out a big laugh and I join in. I get up and dust off the sand before I hold out a hand to Jessie and help her up. I start walking back when Jessie jumps on my back and cling onto my shoulders. I chuckle and tilt my head back to see her, "Just like old times aye?" Jessie giggles and nuzzled her face into my shoulder.

I walk back over to the rest of the girls who all smirk at me. "Okay maybe I shouldn't have done it" I sigh. Jessie flicks me in my ear and I whine, "Ow! Okay I'm sorry". Everyone laughs while I pout and Jessie pats my cheek. Jessie hops off my back and looks down at her now soaked shirt, "Leeee!" I giggle before I go over to my bag and throw her a spare shirt, "Here Jess".

She catches it before taking off her own. Teagan being Teagan catcalls and whistles at Jessie, "God damn baby Canada". Jessie blushes bright crimson and shys away from everyone and quickly pulls my shirt over her head. She looks over at me and I give her a wink and she somehow gets even redder.

"Cmon Ellie! Let's go for a swim!" Teagan shouts whipping off her own shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. I scratch the inside of my forearm and play with the ends of my shirt, "Uh not right now Teags". She nods and her and some of the others run off towards the ocean. Jess gives me a look at nudges me gently, "You okay?" I give her a small smile, "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine".

She doesn't look convinced but doesn't say anything more for now. Both Jess and I pull out books and read for a bit while the others do their own stuff. "How come even when we're at a beach the two of you are still nerds?" Anika laughs. Jess and I look at each other before we turn back and shrug. "Wanna play soccer tennis?" Sunny asks. I mark my place and stand up, "Sure. Always up to whoop your asses in soccer". "Dems are fighting words Griffin" Anika challenges as she grabs the ball.

We draw out a small playing area in the sand and played Jess and I against Anika and Sunny. We play for a while and they laugh as my sunglasses get knocked off my head stretching for the ball. With the sun beating down on us and us moving around, it was getting hotter and hotter. The others had decided to shed their t-shirts and resorted to play in their shorts and their swimsuits but I declined and my shirt clinged to me with sweat.

I could only imagine how red my face was by the time Teagan and the others came out of the water and up to us. "Who's winning?" Hailee asks as I knee the ball up for Jess to tap it over to the other side. "Who do you think?" Sunny grunts as she stretches for the ball but misses and ends up in a strange splits. Jessie and I laugh and high five while sunny whines from the sand. I wipe my face on my right sleeve and take a deep breath. "You alright there Ellie? Your looking a little red" Hailee asks but I just nod, "Yeah I'm fine".

"I'm going to go grab a drink. Elliot you wanna come with me?" Teagan asks as she towels of a bit. I nod, "Sure". I turn to Jessie, "want anything?" She shakes her head and smiles at me, "No I'm good". I smile and Teagan and I go to the little shop across from beach. "Are you sure your okay Elliot? You look really hot?" Teagan asks concerned as we grab a few drinks from the fridge. But I just grin and wink at Teagan, "Why thank you Teags. Your not so bad yourself". I flick my hair over my shoulder and walk to the counter and I can hear Teagan's booming laugh behind me. We put all our stuff on the counter and the guy rings up our stuff. Teagan goes to pay but I'm quicker as I hand him the money.

Teagan pouts but just grabs the drinks and walk back to the beach. "But for real. Maybe you should take off your shirt. It's not like you'll stand out. We are at a beach everyone is wearing their swimsuits" Teagan reasons. "I know. But I'm fine like this though" I sigh. We get back to the girl and we hand out the drink and I plop down beside Jess and hold out a cold bottle of water, "Here". But she just tilts her head at me, "But I said I didn't want anything". I shrug, "I thought you might like a cold one" and I lean in slightly so no one could hear me, "besides I thought my girlfriend would appreciate the gesture".

She laughs and squeezes my hand as thanks before I out my arm behind Jessie and she leans back into me. All of us sit around and talk for a bit and just relax most of them laying there just taking in the LA sun. "Hey want to go for a walk?" Jess whispers in my ear. I nod and we tell the girls before setting off down the beach. We walked down the beach and it was fairly busy with how nice the weather was but we were still able to go uninterrupted as we got away from the busy clutter of the beach.

"I wish I had my camera. The view is amazing right now" Jessie comments as she looks over at the water which is reflecting the sun right back at us. "Yeah. You should see my view" I smile. Jessie turns around to see me standing behind her looking at her and I can see her blush even with her sunglasses on. "Your such a flirt" she giggles and shoves my shoulder. "Only for you" I smile as I bump her shoulder. She sighs as we keep walking, "This is nice. With everything going on with finals and training. I feel like we barely get any time alone".

I bit my lip as I kicked my foot in the sand, "I'm sorry". But her head snaps up at me, "No! No I didn't mean it like that Lee. It not either of our faults. I was just saying between finals and training with the team it is hard to get a moment alone seeing as they are unknowingly a forever endless third wheel". I scratch the back of my neck, "I know. I know it's just...this is my first relationship and I don't know what to do or how to act sometimes and I really don't want to mess it up J. You mean too much to me for me to mess it up".

Jessie turns to me and brushes her hand against mine and wraps her fingers around my pinkie finger subtlety to not draw too much attention, "You won't mess anything up Lee. And your forgetting it's the same for me but if we just talk to each other everything will be okay. I'm just glad I get to be with you at the end of the day". I hug Jessie and tuck my head into her neck and place a small kiss at the base. We don't say anything as we hug and Jess runs her fingers through my hair messaging the back of my head. When we pull away she looks at my shirt clinging to me with sweat, "You know you could take it off. It's really hot".

I shrug and smirk at her, "Is this a plot to get my shirt off?" Jess rolls her eyes but looks at me, "Seriously Lee. It looks like your going to drop from heat stroke any second". I peel my shirt from around my neck, "I would just prefer to leave it on". I can see Jess bite her lip but nods, "We should probably walk back". I nod as we start to walk back to where we left the girls but we started to walk on the edge of the water with the water lapping at our feet.

"So are you planning on going back to Canada?" I ask with my hands in my pockets. "Why? Trying to get rid of me?" She jokes. I sigh dramatically, "Oh darn you caught me. You foiled my plan to stay in our dorm and binge Netflix's". She rolls her eyes at me, "You could always come with me. My family would love to see you again and I could show you around". I smile, "I would love that. And of course they love me I'm amazing".

Jessie scoffs and kicks water at me. I gasp as the water splashes me soaking my legs and shorts. "Oh it's on freckles" I grin before I kick water back at her. She squeals a bit before sweeping more water back at me. We both attack each other with water and we're both completely drenched in water soaked to the bone. I get close and pick her up so I'm bridal carrying her deeper into the water so now it's nearing my waist. Jessie squirms in my arms trying to get out knowing what's going to happen next, "Lee please no. I'm sorry don't-"

But she doesn't get a chance to finish as I toss her away and she disappears into the water. I bend over laugh but my feet are taken out from under me and I fall beneath the waves as well. I push myself up and coughing and spluttering as I see Jessie giggling hiding her mouth behind her mouth. "Oh you think that's funny?" I grin as I wade myself over to her hugging her waist. She nods with a small smirk on her face and wraps her arms around my neck, "Yeah it was pretty funny".

"Oh really how about this so?" I smirk as Jessie's eyes widen as I fall backwards pulling her with me. When we submerge under the water I tighten my hold on her and open my eyes looking at her and I had to force myself not to let out a breath. She was looking down at me the light was behind her giving her this angel like look as the light shone on her. Her baby hairs were floating around her and the silence enveloped us which gave off this serene setting. It was like everything froze for a second and everything was perfect.

But sadly air became an issue and I had to come back up. I pushed the two of us up and we both take a deep breath. I sigh as I lean my forehead against hers and it takes every bit of self control not to kiss her right then and there. I smile and brush the wet strands of hair out of her face and stare into those dark brown orbs I adore so much. I hug her tight and quickly kiss her temple, "We should head back before they think we wondered off". She pouts and whines playfully in my ear, "I really want to kiss you right now". I tap her right hip as if it will help distract me from kissing her out in public like this, "I know so do I. But I promise I'll make it up to you later". She pulls back and raises an eyebrow at me and pats my shoulder, "I'm going to hold you to that".

I chuckle as we walk out of the water now soaked to the bone all our clothes clinging to us. We trudge back to the group and Teagan's the first to notice us and laughs, "Have a fun walk?" Everyone snickers when they sees us both dripping into the sand. I roll my eyes and bump Jess's shoulder, "Well it was until someone decided to start another water fight". She scoffs, "At least I didn't try to drown you". Now it's my turn to scoff, "Now that's being dramatic". "Did you try and drown her?" Hailee asked. But I just grin, "No...I just throw her into the water".

Everyone laughs while I grab my towel and wrap it around me. "You probably need your shirt back now" Jess says picking up my shirt I gave her early but I shake my head, "No your fine you wear it. I think I have another change of clothes back at the car". "How about you go get changed at the car and we'll pack up here and go get food?" Anika offers. I nod, "Sounds good. I'll see you up there then". I grabbed my bag and dug my keys out of my bag and walked to the car keeping the towel draped around me.

I grab my spare clothes out of the trunk of my car and dried off a bit before pulling on my shorts and shoes. My phone dings and I check it while I pull off my shirt. When I just see it's an Instagram notification I ignore it and pull on my shirt quickly. I loop it over my head and turn around as I pull it down fully. But I freeze when I turn and see Jessie and Teagan standing there and I can see Jessie's eyes trail down to my torso which I quickly cover but I know it's too late. I can see Jess look at me sadly while Teagan is stoney faced.

"Uh everything packed up?" I ask while one hand scratches the back of my neck and the other subconsciously covers my stomach. As if that would help now. Teagan nods, "Yeah the others such be up soon". I nod and scuff my shoe after the pavement looking downwards. I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Teagan with a solemn expression and Jessie was beside her clearly upset and her eyes a bit glassy. No words were exchanged as Teagan just pulled me into a hug and Jessie joined.

I sniffle into her shoulder as I grip tightly into both of their backs. We don't say anything as they just continue to hug me while I calm down. After a few minutes I gently pull away and mumble a small, "Sorry" as I see I left a wet patch on Teagan's t-shirt. Jessie wipes a stray tear off my cheek and holds my hand giving it a small squeeze. I smile at her before I see the rest of the girls come and clear my throat, "Ready to get some food?"

Everyone cheers as pile into the cars chatting away happily. I hop in the drivers seat of my car and Jess sits in the passengers seat. She gives me a look almost asking if I was okay. I nod and give her a small smile before starting the car.

But I knew this conversation were far from over.

..............

It was clear for the rest of the day that I was acting a bit off. I was called out for it more than once by my teammates and everytime Teagan and Jessie both gave me a sad look. After dropping everyone off, Jess and I headed to our own dorm absolutely shattered after our long day. I flop onto my bed face down into my pillow and let out a big sigh.

"Can...can we talk?"

Well I've been dreading this since the beach but I knew this was coming. "If it's about what I think it is. I think we both know I don't want too" I sigh sitting up in the bed. "We're going to have to eventually" she says gently as she sits beside me. "Well let's not act like we don't know where they came from" I snap angrily.

Jessie takes a beat and licks her lips planning on what to say next. I sigh and put my head in my hands, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't... I shouldn't have snapped at you. It's just a sore subject for me". She rubs her hands up and down my back, "It's okay Lee. I understand. And I'm not going to sit here and say I understand what you went through because I can't. I just want you to know that I will always listen and nothing will ever change how I see you. Never".

I lift my head from my hands as I look my girlfriend in the eyes, "It's just everytime I feel like I forget what happened to me. What they did to me. I'm reminded by all these scars scattered across my body. And they will forever remain as a reminder of what they did to me. No matter what I do they will never heal and they will be a permanent reminder of what happened to me".

"Is that why you never change in front of the team?" She asks gently rubbing her hand over the back of my hand her thumb traces the scar on the back of my hand. I nod, "It's not a pretty sight Jess. And I don't need everyone in the locker room giving me pity looks everytime I have to get ready for a game". She hugs me tightly and runs her fingers through my hair, "They won't care Lee. No one will look at you differently. Those scars don't define who you are. All they will see is their wonderful funny caring teammate who is a great friend to them".

We just stay like that for a while while she runs her fingers through my hair massaging my head calming me down while I just nuzzled my face into her neck. "Cmon here" she murmurs as she stands up pulling me up with her. She slowly grabs the ends of my shirt but I quickly stop her. She cups my face and wipes away a tear I didn't even know was there, "Nothing will change Lee. I don't care about your scars. Please". I lick my lips before I slowly nod letting my hands drop to my side. She slowly and carefully lifts my tank top up not breaking eye contact looking for any second thoughts but I just nod again.

She pulls it over my head and I slip my arms out of the shirt so now I'm just in my shorts and bikini top. I swallow hard as she looks at all the scars littered over my body. They were just scattered over my body some even crossing and overlapping each other. It looked like I had been through the wars to say the least. I inhale sharply when she puts her hand on my abdomen tracing over some of my scars. I watch her closely as she takes in all my scars. "There's more on my back" I whimper quietly. But Jess doesn't react and instead looks at me.

I wait for her to say something but she doesn't. Instead she brings me in for a kiss. I feverishly kiss back not knowing if this was going to be the last time after this. I anchored myself as I held onto her waist and melted into the kiss. I could faintly feel her running her thumb along my jaw. It was unlike our usual kisses as it was slow and hard. Desperately trying to convey our feelings in one kiss.

Jess was the one of break the kiss but she still kept her forehead connected to mine. She brushes some hair behind my ear, "You are so beautiful Lee". "Jessie" I whisper but she's quick to stop me, "No seriously I mean it. Your still the most beautiful person I've ever met. I don't care about your scars. All I care about is you. The person who makes me laugh without fail, the person who always looks after others, the person who sing under her breath when she thinks no one is listening but I always love to hear. The person who is beautiful inside and out. I know I'm not great at always saying my feelings but you are perfect in my eyes Elliot. And you always will be".

I take a deep breath as she wipes away the tears freely falling down my face. "Jess" I sniffle and she nods at me, "Yes Lee?" I take a deep breath and sniffle slightly, "I love you". She smiles at me and gives me a quick kisses

"I love you too Elliot. So so much".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 8.9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
88K 2.7K 45
15-year-old Katerina Steele was a prodigy; academics were her life, but football was her escape. Due to her gifted academics, Kat was given more opp...
964K 28.8K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...