Now or Never

By ASE715

BOOK 3 OF 3 It all comes down to this. The final fight. It's now or never. This story will contain Spider-Man... More

Chapter 1 ~ Turn Back Time
Chapter 2 ~ Sneaking Out
Chapter 3 ~ Alone
Chapter 4 ~ You Need Help
Chapter 5 ~ Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 6 ~ If the kid is dead, so are you
Chapter 7 ~ Bet he'll say no
Chapter 8 ~ Fate of the universe
Chapter 9 ~ Get lost, Squidward
Chapter 10 ~ Looking like shit
Chapter 11 ~ Takes the end of the world to bring us together
Chapter 12 ~ Just like Phantom Menace
Chapter 14 ~ Aftermath
Chapter 15 ~ Where's Fury?
Chapter 16 ~ Let's go get this son of a bitch
Chapter 17 ~ Moving on
Chapter 18 ~ EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!!
Chapter 19 ~ Nicky?
Chapter 20 ~ Not even for Peter?
Chapter 21 ~ We're gonna need a really big brain
Chapter 22 ~ Getting the gang back together
Chapter 23 ~ The game is on
Chapter 24 ~ America's Ass
Chapter 25 ~ My dog can frickin' talk!
Chapter 26 ~ Now or never
Chapter 27 ~ Okay ladies, now let's get in formation
Chapter 28 ~ We're gonna be okay
Chapter 29 ~ One final mission
Chapter 30 ~ We didn't start the fire
Bonus: Back In Time

Chapter 13 ~ We're in the endgame now

733 17 20
By ASE715

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here," Sam informs us.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Dad yells.

"I'm on it!" I say back.

"I got him!" Bruce says at the same time as me.

I turn to Roy. "Wanna help?"

He shrugs. "You gonna give me a lift?"

I nod and pick him up bridal style. "Hold on, Power Ranger," I say as I run off in the direction Vision is.

"On my way," Wanda informs us, but then I hear her grunt so she might not be able to help us for a while.

I run across the field, trying to avoid as many aliens as possible as I make my way to the forest.

"Guys! Vision needs backup now!" Bruce yells into the earpiece.

"I'm trying to find you now, Uncle Brucie. Just hold on." I say to him.

I spot Bruce fighting the alien from before, in New York with the big hammer, by the base of a waterfall. I stop right beside Bruce and let Roy down as the three of us face the alien.

"Ok... so what now?" Roy asks.

"Uh, anyone got a plan?" I ask.

"(Y/n), you and I can try putting our repulsor beams together," Bruce says.

I nod. "Right."

The both of us hold up our repulsors and send a beam at the alien. He uses his hammer to block the beam as he steps towards us. Once close enough, his hammer thing clasps around one of my extended hands and throws me behind him and I fly into the rock wall near the waterfall. My vision is blurred and I feel blood trickle down my forehead. I'm lying on my back and I look at the blurry fight in front of me, upside down. I see a small figure swinging at what looks like the alien so I can only assume Roy is trying to fight the alien off as Bruce punches at the alien. The alien then swats Roy away like a bug with a swing of his arm, leaving Bruce to fight the alien alone.

"Hulk? Hulk, I know you like making your entrance at the last second. Well, this is it, man. This is the last, last second." I hear Bruce say to himself.

The alien grabs onto the Hulkbuster's left arm with his ax at the shoulder joint of the armor and rolls over Bruce's back to completely snap the whole arm off the armor.

"Hulk! Hulk! Hulk!" Bruce yells, trying to get Hulk to come out.

"NOOOOO!" I hear Hulk scream to Bruce.

"Oh, screw you, you big, green asshole! I'll do it myself!" Bruce yells to Hulk.

Bruce starts beating the alien with his remaining arm, managing to get a few hits in before the alien punches him back, sending him flat on his butt. The alien changes its left-hand armor into a pointed weapon and lunges to deliver a fatal blow, but Bruce grabs the detached Hulkbuster arm out of the water, holding it so the alien impales that instead and slaps the controls.

"See ya!" Bruce says to the alien before the repulsors fire, sending the alien into the air. "Hulk, we got a lot to figure out, pal," Bruce says as he watches the alien explode above. He then remembers me and Roy and runs over to me first since I'm closer. "(Y/n), are you okay?"

I smile at him, so out of it right now. "There's two of you." I giggle like I'm drunk as I reach out to the two Bruce's in a Hulkbuster suit.

"Oh, no." Bruce murmurs and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder that's still attached. He runs and finds Roy, who is stirring from his previous state of unconsciousness. "Are you okay?" Bruce asks Roy.

He nods as he gets up. "Yeah. Yeah, I should be good." Then he looks at me, who's still out of it as I giggle at the air. "What's up with her."

"She might have a concussion and is in a daze right about now." Bruce answers.

They run through the forest and find Dad with Wanda and Vision.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Dad says, pressing his com and then runs over to Bruce when he sees him carrying me. "What's wrong with her?" He asks concernedly as he holds his arms out for me. Nat, Sam, T'Challa, and Okoye join us.

Bruce puts me in his arms. "Hit her head on a rock wall, might have a concussion, and is in a daze." He answers as I just continue to giggle at nothing.

"I got this," Nat says and comes over to Dad, who's holding me. She indicates for Dad to put me down and he does. She bends down to my level and slaps me hard across the face.

I jolt up, immediately snapping out of the daze I was in as I look around. I look Nat in the eyes. "Ow!" I say as I rub my cheek.

She shrugs. "It worked, didn't it?"

I smile at the blonde woman in front of me. "Thanks," I say as she helps me to my feet.

We all stand around, on high alert as we look around.

"What the hell?" Nat says.

We hear a noise and that's when we see a blue-black cloud appear and Thanos himself stepping out of it.

"Cap. That's him." Bruce confirms what we all were thinking.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Dad orders.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward to punch him, but Thanos uses the Space Stone and incases him in rocks. Dad goes for him and Thanos hits him back with the Power Stone. Roy and I share a look and nod, both thinking the same thing. I distract and he attacks. I run at the titan and punch him twice, but that does nothing two him. It's like hitting a brick frickin' wall. This time I try to put as much of my speed into my punches as I run at the titan once again, but he manages to grab me by the throat while I'm running at him. I stare at him in shock at how he could do that. No one else has done that before because I'm always too fast for them.

Thanos stares at me. "You have heart, little one." He says to me.

I struggle in his grip. "And you... have some nerve coming to this planet. Are you ready Roy?" I look over the titan's shoulder.

Thanos looks back just as Roy slides, kicking his knee and making him buckle. Thanos lets me go and I buckle on my knees, coughing as I regain my breath. Roy raises his katanas at Thanos, but I see the Power Stone on the gauntlet glow and I already know what he's about to do to Roy.

"No!" I say and run in front of Roy just as Thanos punches. The punch sends both of us flying back, further in the forest.

My back hits a tree and I fall to the ground. Head pounding and vision blurry.

"Roy?" I call out as I try to find him through my blurred vision. I hear him groan and it sounds close by too.

"Are we dead?" He groans and then starts coughing.

"Not yet," I answer him as my vision starts to come back to me. I try to sit up, but I can't, everything hurts.

"Jeez. We just got Falcon punched with the Power Stone." He groans again.

"We need to help them," I say.

"Yup." He groans once again.

We both try to push ourselves up. I manage to sit myself up against a tree and Roy crawls over, laying his head on my lap.

"You took most of that hit, are you okay?" Roy asks concernedly as he looks up at me.

"Nope. I feel sick." I wince as I close my eyes. They weren't kidding when they say its a Power Stone. Jeez, that hurt like a mother trucker.

I cough up some blood. So I have a concussion and possibly internal bleeding, got it. Nothing that can't be healed within a few hours though. Roy and I know we're down for the count now and can't do anything but watch the scene play out in front of us behind all the trees and bushes.

We watch as Thor hurls his ax at Thanos and it slams right into his chest. Roy and I smile at the fact this fight is almost over.

"I told you... you'd die for that." We hear Thor say as he holds the back of Thanos' head and pushes the ax deeper into his chest.

You should have... you should..." We hear Thanos say very weakly. "You should have gone for the head." He says a lot stronger this time and raises the gauntlet and snaps his fingers.

"NO!" Thor yells as there is a bright, blinding light. "What did you do? WHAT'D YOU DO?!" Thor screams at him. Thanos then uses a stone and teleports away, leaving Thor's ax behind.

"Where'd he go? Thor. Where'd he go?" I hear Dad asks as he stumbles over to Thor, holding his left side.

"Steve?" I hear Bucky say. Roy and I snap our attention over to him to see him turning to dust.

"Uncle Buck," I say weakly.

"What the hell is happening?" Roy asks as we watch people all around us dusting away.

I see Wanda starting to dust in the distance.

"WANDA!" I yell. She looks up at me, looking me right in the eyes before she completely dusts away. I look at Roy. "We have to get up."

"Uh... (Y/n)." He says, worriedly.

I see that Roy's legs are starting to dust away.

"No, no. Not you too." I say as I cradle his head. Tears start forming in my eyes. "No, no, no, no. Stay with me please. Don't leave me, I need you." I beg as I start sobbing.

Roy looks up at me, scared for his life. "I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you this after the battle, but I guess I don't have time now." He starts to say quickly, knowing he doesn't have much time. "I love you, (Y/n). Always have. Always will. I'm sorry it only took me dusting away to finally have enough balls to tell you." He says as he smiles up at me, tears coming to his eyes. I smile back at him, my tears falling off my face and onto his as he fully dusts away in my arms.

"Roy!"

Meanwhile on Titan...

Tony's POV

Peter helps me to my feet as Quill comes over, propped up by Mantis, while Drax and Nebula limp over to us.

"Something's happening," Mantis says as I watch in disbelief as she turns to dust.

"Quill?" Drax says as he dissolves into dust too.

I see Quill slowly dusting away too and I stare in panic. "Steady, Quill," I tell him.

"Aw, man," Quill says as he disintegrates into ashes too.

I look around in panic, not knowing what's happening.

"Tony." Strange says, catching my attention. "There was no other way." He says to me and then he too turns into ashes.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter says to me and my stomach drops as I realize what's happening to Peter. "I don't feel so good."

I try to stay calm for him as I look at him in terror. "You're all right," I tell him, my voice shaking as I speak.

Peter starts to stumble. "I don't know what's—I don't know what's happening. I don't—" He falls and I catch him in my arms. He hugs onto me tightly, completely terrified, and begins to cry. "I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go, sir. Please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go." He pulls on me and I stumble trying to hold the both of us up and we fall to the ground. I look down at Peter, who's lying on his back and staring up at the sky. He turns his attention to me. "I'm sorry." He says softly before he turns to dust right in my arms.

I fall forward from the lack of weight in my arms. I stare at my hands in disbelief as I sit up.

"He did it." Nebula says.

I sit there as I silently mourn at our failure. 'Everyone's gone. Peter's gone. God I just hope Pepper and (Y/n) are okay.'

Back at Wakanda...

Steve's POV

I kneel down where Bucky was just standing moments ago. I look at Thor in disbelief before something dawns on me.

"(Y/n)!" I yell. I start running around the forest to find her. "(Y/n)!" I yell desperately, waiting for her to yell back. I'm only met with silence as I continue running around the forest. I come back to where Thor is still standing, as I still look around.

I then hear a voice that I feared I would never hear again.

"Dad!" I hear her shout back. I sigh in relief, knowing that she's okay. She comes out behind some bushes and trees, holding her stomach as she makes her way over to me.

I run at her and engulf her in a hug. "I thought I lost you too."

"I'm right here, Dad." She says to me, hugging me tighter.

"I heard you call out for Wanda and thought you were going too," I say as we pull away. I now see that tears stain her cheeks and her eyes are puffy from crying.

"He's gone, Dad." She says to me as her voice cracks. "Roy's gone."

I pull her in for another hug. "Bucky's gone too," I tell her as she silently cries onto my suit. I let her cry for a few more moments before pulling away. "We have to see who's left," I say as I wipe the tears off her cheeks.

She looks up at me and nods. "Alright."

I lead the way as we look for other survivors. We see a group, Thor, Rhodey, Bruce, and the raccoon are all looking at something. We go over and it takes me a second to realize that they're looking at Vision's colorless body. He's grey now and I kneel down near his body and turn him over to see a huge hole in his head where his stone used to be. Nat comes running up to us, standing behind (Y/n) and I as I fall back on my bottom, (Y/n) sitting right next to me, staring in disbelief.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey asks.

I don't say anything for a few seconds as I stare in the distance. "Oh, God."

(Y/n) collapse in my arms as we all stay there, unsure what to do next. I hold back onto (Y/n) tightly, afraid she'll disappear too. She stays silent for a while before whispering something so softly, but we all hear it.

"We're in the endgame now."

That's the end of Infinity War hehe. I'm prepared to be yelled at go ahead.

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41K 50
❝Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [ant-man - spider-man:homecoming] [book two of ?]
859 80 39
The heroes are in for the fight of their lives. A Mad Titan has threatened to wipe out half of all life. And despite all they do, he wins. Years l...
82.7K 1.9K 43
"I AM IRONMAN" "You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I AM IRON MAN." " I sh...
1.6K 36 39
The Avengers are about to fight their greatest battle yet. The battle for the entire world. Will they succeed or will they fail? And what about the...