𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓 ( min yoong...

By ttakinou

❞kiss me...❝ in which breaking into the royal mint is only the second worst thing to happen to kyoto,...whic... More

the heist ;
cast ;
side cast ;
disclaimer ;
table of content ;
mixtape ;
↳act one
one ;
two ;
three ;
four ;
five ;
six ;
eight ;
nine ;
ten ;
eleven ;
twelve ;
thirteen ;
fourteen ;

seven ;

78 3 0
By ttakinou

▬▬▬CHAPTER SEVEN
THERE'S NO TIME FOR THIS

I wanna rob a bank
Spread the money through the streets
▬▬▬confetti

⋆⋆⋆

JUNGKOOK never liked hospitals, there was just something about the building and the way it was only ever filled with the sounds of hasty footsteps and the beeping of heart rate monitors would send a shiver down his spine and he couldn't even imagine how people could possibly work here. Being surrounded by death and agony on a daily basis.

Today was different though.

His foot bounced on the floor as he intensely stared down the small décor flowerpot in front of him, his breathing heavy and his eyes close to watering.

It's been a while since he's felt this numb before and he had hoped it would be a bit longer until he would feel like this again, but clearly, the universe had some unspoken vendetta against him for, what felt like all his life.

Finally, the door beside him opened and he shot up from his chair almost instantly, making the poor nurse jump back slightly.

"You can go in now, Detective, but he's not fully out of his coma yet, so please restrain from waking the patient."

He nodded along to whatever the woman in front of him was seeing, mindlessly agreeing as long as he could go in already.

Storming past her he felt like his shoes were glued to the floor as soon as he entered the room completely.

There he laid.

Paralysed and barely alive.

If he wasn't as devastated as he was Jungkook would have almost had to laugh at how stupid he was.

It was almost like he was eager to go into the room just to prove himself wrong, just to walk in and see a total stranger in there and not his Captain.

Almost as if to finally be relieved from the guilt that had been crushing him knowing it was his fault he was laying there.

But no, of course not because there he was, Choi Donghae, the man that had practically raised him since he was nothing more than the small neighbour's boy that would help out in the restaurant in the summers up until he was 18 and enrolled in Police School and Donghae was the man who taught him everything he needed to be where he was now.

And as if that wasn't enough, the small sobs coming from the one person he had hoped wouldn't be here, pulled him back into reality.

His heart broke at the sight of her sitting beside her dying father as her hands were centimetres from his, too afraid to fully take it maybe because she was scared, she would hurt him or maybe because, just like him, she knew it would make everything just so much more real.

He walked towards her, with each step he felt like his legs were about to give out.

As his hand reached her shoulder, he expected her to turn around, to yell at him or push him away.

He almost wanted her to, feeling like this was what he deserved for what he did.

"Ara, I...," He opened his mouth to speak, but the words just wouldn't come out, feeling like no amount of time would be enough for him to apologise. He felt like there wasn't enough time to say everything he wanted, so he decided he was just going to stay silent.

But Ara didn't even flinch, instead she just slowly turned to look back at him, her face looked just empty and Jungkook was scared she was about to collapse right into his arms.

One look into her eyes and he realised that she was just as numb as he was.

⋆⋆⋆

It's been a while since Kyoto played Hide & Seek, but that probably wasn't an excuse for why she sucked so much at finding a 7-year-old.

"Soo-Jin? Are you in here?" She approached the bathroom on the second floor with careful steps, she could definitely hear soft child-like whimpers coming from one of the stalls and she prayed to god it was the little girl.

"Y-yes?" The little girl answered, poking her head out of the first stall.

"I- uhm, I'm from your sister's police department, she sent me here to rescue you."

"You're lying," She whispered, spite evident in her eyes. "Where's your badge then?"

Kyoto was taken aback, but she wasn't about to be outsmarted by a 7-year-old.

"Forgot it. But I got a gun," she hissed at the child.

"That's not a police gun," she disagreed, "it's way too big and illegal looking. I don't wanna come with you, liar poopie head."

She stuck her tongue out at the woman and locked the stall again.

Kyoto took a deep breath.

Don't kill the child. Don't kill the child. Don't

"-Okay, look, I'm not a cop, but I do know your sister and I will protect you if you come with me," She spoke watching the girl peak under the toilet door.

She hoped these half-truths would show enough sincerity for the girl to trust her.

Soo-Jin unlocked the stall, the toilet brush held like a weapon as she stretched her other one out for Kyoto to take.

"...Fine."

"Brat," Kyoto mumbled under her breath as she picked her up and walked out of the bathroom.

"Poopie head.

⋆⋆⋆

Reuniting in the main hall made her forget how annoying the girl in her arms was for a split second.

She watched as Paris stood on the top of the stairs, staring over the hostages that were crying and shaking in confusion. The others were standing around them, making sure no one would make the mistake of trying to escape.

Obviously, her eyes fell onto Daegu first, the way he looked completely different from what she was used to from him.

And while Venice, Boston and Chicago seemed as uninterested and or concentrated in their task as they always did, she couldn't help but notice the way Venice's eyes were already staring back at her.

But the biggest change of all was Paris, he was neither making dumb jokes nor was he playing parent for his comrades, instead he was just silently standing there, his gun held tightly and his demeanour calm in a way that scared Kyoto to a degree she wouldn't like to admit to.

Slowly, he walked down the stairs and the witnesses went silent as if they knew one move and a bullet would fly between their eyes.

Low and dark he spoke, taking his mask off slowly.

"I hope you all don't have any important plans tonight; this might take a while."

⋆⋆⋆

▬▬▬author's note it's been a while, huh? sorry, it took so long but I'm back! Easter holidays and all :), I'll try to finally finish rewriting the ones I already have up so I can finally write some new chapters and I'll also post the yoongi birthday special tomorrow! sorry, it's REALLY late haha, but yeah, hope you enjoyed it, byee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 165K 59
[ PARK JIMIN ] "Are you sure it's just empathy? Are you sure you're not feeling... attracted to me?" There was a shift in his voice as it became more...
208K 5.4K 53
oh, honey. | best rank; #51 of 396 - yoongixreader category, as of september 9, 2018 #165 of 381 - yoongixreader, as of september 18, 2018 #74 of 3...
24.3K 1K 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
117K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...