Cherish Red ✔️

By ShadowMoonLycan

tw ⚠️ | An inhuman creature raised by a sarcastic scientist. Originally made in the Cherish Laboratory, she... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
About The Author / Notes

Chapter Nine

11 1 0
By ShadowMoonLycan

~ A Fallen Angel ~

A boy who appeared to be sixteen swooped in front of them, his large angel-like wings blocking the doorway.

"No one passes unless you have a registration code!"

"And who are you now?" Henderson spat.

"Me? I am Masey White: and you will not pass-?!"

"Hey kid, you probably wanna move," Will added. He took out a pistol from his tuxedo pocket. "Or would you prefer this?"

"Wait, don't... don't hurt him," Red said quietly. She recognized him. She took a few steps forward and stood before Masey, who was three feet taller than her. "Were you experimented on too?"

Masey paused for a moment, but swiftly snapped back.

"Why would you want to know, girlie?" He asked.

"The wings: you were experimented on, weren't you?"

He rolled his eyes. Shrugged his shoulder as if it didn't even matter.

"Do you have a registration code?" Masey questioned, crossing his arms with a tap of his foot. "Because if you don't, you're not allowed in."

"Why not?" Mr. Henderson asked. He took out a slip of paper with ten numbers scrolled across it. "I mean, I have one. But why are people who don't have one aren't-"

"Hand me your code," Masey said. Then he mumbled "Let me scan it so I can open the doors and get inside. It's cold here."

"What was that?" Mr. Henderson wondered as he handed him the slip. "You have to scan it? But with wha-"

Masey's eyes lit up and turned to glitchy screens of logo as he looked at the paper's coding. Will flinched: Henderson blinked. Of course, it's not like William would've seen anything like this before. Like he said, Will was average. Not experimenting with monsters he made.

After analyzing the paper, he looked at Red and asked "Is this... person your dad?"

Red nodded.

"Yes. But... he's a man. Not a-"

Masey gave a bow of his head and announced to the two men: "You're in. Now get inside. I'm only allowed to hold the doors for a few seconds."

Mr. Henderson and William made their way inside. Red could hear the two men laughing and talking about the same stuff in the truck. She stayed behind with Masey. If he was an experiment, Red thought. Who was he? I never saw him at the lab, and that was the only place where people like me were... so-

SLAM!

The doors shut. Red jumped, but Masey set a pale hand on her back. She snapped her head towards him.

"Don't touch me there!" She suddenly shrieked. But she quickly recovered and muttered an apology. "Sorry, sorry. It's just... I have a problem there-"

"Show me then."

Red's eyes widened.

"I mean, you could already tell I'm an experiment. No one else did. So, what's the problem?"

Red looked around her to check if anyone was watching. She figured that if people saw what she was, her Dad and his friend would get in trouble and she'd be brought back to the lab or forced to stay here. When it seemed no soul was nearby except for Masey and Red, she decided to lift her shirt up.

Masey used his wings to cover himself.

"Oh god: I wasn't expecting an eye on your back. Jesus Christ..."

"Yeah, see what I mean? It's... because of the stuff," Red sighed. "I have six more of them."

"What?"

"Mhm. I won't show you, but there's two each on my arm, one on my forehead, and one each on my legs. My actual eyes don't count. Everyone's born with those-"

"No, no they're not!" Masey snapped. He slumped against the steel doors and said "Look, I was made without eyes. Don't know why, because eyes are like windows to the soul. Especially since there was someone who decided it would be a great plan to try and make real angels."

His voice was mixed with sarcasm and sourness, which did not match up with the wings and melting halo.

"Wait. Why is your headpiece thing melting?"

Masey looked up and hissed. He turned back to Red and answered "Just ignore it. It happens everyday. Probably those stupid magnets overheating or-"

"Magnets?" Red gasped. She was in a lab for 14 years. Yet she had never heard of people with magnets. "Where the hell are the magnets?"

"They're a part of my skull," Masey said, rolling his eyes. "Something's got to make the halo float after all."

"Is... there any other magnets-"

"Look, ya trying to get my whole life story or what?"

"Well, yeah sort of. I know, I'm probably really rude for doing so, considering you don't even know my name."

"Haha. No, it's Rad or something. Am I wrong?"

"Very close, but no. It's Red."

"Last name?"

"I would tell you, but I originally didn't have a last name, so I'll just leave it at that."

Masey nodded. Then he moved aside so the steel door was visible.

"You should be going now, Red. You might get get in trouble if you stay out any longer," He said. "Also, aren't you cold? It is cold and musty out here-!"

Red fidgeted with two straps on Masey's shoulders. He pushed her away, but she'd already got them undone. The wings dropped as Masey slapped his forehead. Red gasped. They're fake?! She thought. But-

"No, no, no!" He balled his hands into fists. "I-it's not what it looks like, I promise. I- oh goodness."

"Wh-what?" She tugged at her hair. Why would he lie to her? She should've known: she'd been lied to twice now, first her 'Dad' and now this boy. "They aren't real?! I-"

Masey closed his eyes and sat down. Quietly he replied "Th-those weren't real. I do have real ones though. Th-they've been so badly damaged though... I..."

"Oh... how about you show me...? I'd like to see them," Red suggested. He thought for a moment, and then sighed.

"Why?" He asked, as melted and ripped wings rose out of his back. "I don't get it. You should be here too. Working for some humans who could've have the potential to be great. But... they're not. They act like it, but... they're not."

Red kneeled down and lent her hand to his gloved ones. She could relate to him so much. The abuse, the experimenting, the feeling that asks "Why am I here?". All of it. Every bit-

"You wouldn't UNDERSTAND!" Masey screamed all of a sudden. He stood up and with a snap of his fingers, he summoned a spear with broken diamonds and steel. "You should be going now. You're probably just like the others. Aren't you?!"

"No, no!" Red gasped. "I understand! You're hurting! I get it! I'm hurting too!"

Masey grabbed his head.

"No! NO!" He cried as the spear dropped. His wings covered him as defence. "It doesn't work like that! I-I can't take this anymore. Something's seriously wrong with me..."

"Yes! There is!" Red shouted. She threw her arms around Masey's waist. Then she gently whispered...

"But it's the same thing that's wrong with me."

Masey fell to his knees and covered his face. He began to cry. Red still hugged him tightly, rubbing his back and making tiny hushing sounds.

"I don't need you!" He sobbed. "Why don't you just LEAVE?"

"Because I care," Red answered softly. "You don't have to hide anything from me, even if I did just meet you..."

"I'm a monster though!"

"No, you're not."

Red held his hands in her small lap.

"If anyone's the monster here, it's me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 341 11
Ekura no longer works on this book, nothing happened i just didn't want to add unnecessary work for him, regardless you should still follow him! :] [...
4.9K 241 26
It is Flora's 15th birthday and she is given the strangest gift of her life. Since the age of 6, Flora had only ever known the facade walls of the La...
133K 8.5K 37
*MERMAN ROMANCE* Moving from the warm beaches of Oahu to the rocky shores of Monterey, California was supposed to be a fresh start for college gradua...
391K 18.8K 36
Hidden deep in the California valley is the Aves Department for the infamous C.R.O.S.S. Laboratories. Offered an internship this esteemed genetic res...