Cupid's Arrow (ON SEMI-HIATUS)

By LILIGGUKS

It all started when Mingyu forced Bambam to play with his father's bow and arrow, accidentally landing onto... More

-the gods and goddesses
-exodus
I | The Gods
II | The Goddesses
III | You're Supposed To Be In Love With Me
IV | Before The Meeting
VI | The Lalisa Effect
VII | Dinner PT. 1
VIII | Dinner PT. 2
IX | Your Sehun Hyung
X | Asking Dates
XI | Interest Leads To Attraction
XII | Attraction Leads To A Strong Development Of Romantic Feelings
XIII | Who's Lalana, You Ask?
XIV | Two Different Personas
XV | Friends?
XVI | Saving Mistah J
XVII | The Unexpected Realisation
XVIII | Forget About Me
WHO CARES ABOUT GENDER ROLES?
XIX | The Best Team Of Gods
XX | I'm A Mean Person
XXI | You Want An Evil Entity?
XXII | What Do You Like About Me?
XXIII | What Are We?
XXIV | The Jealous Type
XXV | Nothing To Worry About
XXVI | Cancelled
XXVII | Lalana & Jaehyun

V | Strings Being Tangled

3.6K 301 284
By LILIGGUKS

Jennie was fixing her appearance as Lalisa, from whom she bugged to invite, was boredly staring at her as she did some finishing touches on her makeup.

"Why am I here again?" Lalisa spat out, petting the feline she has brought today - which was Luca.

Luca purred satisfyingly, nudging his nose onto Lalisa's finger approvingly.

"To enlighten me?" Jennie shrugged. "Are you sure that you know nothing about the the child of Aunt Nyx and Uncle Erebus?"

Lalisa tapped her finger onto her bottom lip, seemingly thinking, "Hmm . . ." she paused and looked at Jennie. "No," Lalisa muttered in a uninterested tone.

Jennie groaned, continuing to fix her appearance.

"But, I may know a god who does. He's quite smart, maybe he knows that child you speak of," Lalisa shrugged.

"Who's that god you're pertaining to?" Jennie asked.

Lalisa signalled Jennie to wait, winking at her as she whispered something to Luca. "Now, go, Luca. Deliver that message."

Luca then hopped off of Lalisa's lap and sped off. Lalisa glanced at Jennie's wall clock. "What--" Jennie's sentence was cut off when Lalisa rose her hand, her palm facing Jennie, indicating that she should wait.

"He should be here in 5, 4, 3, 2 . . ."

Ding dong!

Luca then came in the room, purring as she nudged her head onto Lalisa's feet. Jennie's forehead creased, confusingly looking at the younger.

"Unnie, don't just sit there. Let Namjoon in," Lalisa said.

"Namjoon? Who on Mt. Olympus is that?" Jennie spat out.

"It's the god of the underworld's favourite nephew. I only found out that we were related a few hours ago. He's really smart, so go get the door and let him in."

Jennie rolled her eyes. She lazily stood up and opened the door, just to see a tall man smiling widely. "Hello, the heiress of the underworld had asked for my presence here?"

Jennie smiled back, nodding. "Yes, you may come in," she invited, taking him to the living room.

Lalisa got out of Jennie's room, carrying Luca in her arms. "Hey," Lalisa greeted him, a blunt expression etched onto her face.

"Oh, h-hello . . ." Namjoon stuttered, not meeting her eyes.

"Seriously, what's up with gods that won't look at me in the eye? I'm not Medusa or anything!" Lalisa protested, her eyes turning maroon, ready to throw hands if it wasn't for Luca that calmed her down with a meow. Slowly, her eyes transitioned back to gray. "We're related, I'd have to accept that fact one day," Lalisa bluntly told him. "And . . . maybe I'd start calling you Namjoon oppa, too. So you better start addressing me as Lalisa. You should get used to it."

"But won't my spine chill?" Namjoon asked cautiously, finally looking at her.

Lalisa pursed her lips, suddenly remembering that. "Oh, right," Lalisa nodded. "Then you just have to deem my approval of your existence, only then you can address me as Lalisa."

"How am I going to do that?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"I don't know, start by answering if you know who the child of Nyx and Erebus is," Lalisa shrugged, stroking Luca's head.

Jennie shot her a death glare. "Be respectful, Lalisa. At least address them properly."

"I frankly don't care," Lalisa shrugged, turning around to play with Luca.

Namjoon gawked upon seeing Lalisa being soft - only to her cats, that is. And, he was shocked to hear someone mutter her name so casually.

"I'm Jennie, by the way," Jennie introduced herself. "I'm Lalisa's bestfriend. I'm sorry for the trouble, but I just needed to know."

"Are you referring to the heir of the night and darkness?" Namjoon asked, his brows lifting up.

Jennie tilted her head confusingly. "So, Aunt Nyx's child is a male?"

"Yes," Namjoon nodded. "His name is Taehyung, and he's one of my dorm mates."

Jennie's eyes widened at the coincidence. "Oh," Jennie sat on the chair across Namjoon. "Can you tell me about him?"

>><<

Jimin poked his cheek with his tongue, and exasperated sigh escaping his lips as he stepped on the pavement beneath him. He could snap his fingers and be at his destination in milliseconds, however, he felt like having a walk today just to get his mind off of things.

Specifically, his mind off of his little skirmish with Taehyung, and his supposed engagement next week.

Jimin never liked the idea of marriage - it bored and annoyed him. What kind of god would like to be associated with one woman only, tied to her, wrapped around to her little finger for eternity? Plus, sprawling kids which served as nuisances. Marriage was quite bothersome if you'd ask him.

And so he thought of hanging out at the falls, suddenly remembering that it's been a while since he last went there. He couldn't really lay a finger on the reason why he didn't return there, but maybe his mind could get refreshed upon seeing the calming waves and such.

He then took a swift turn towards the route heading to the falls.

Bambam was at the falls, admiring a mini-concert held by one of the best singers and composers in Mt. Olympus - Chanyeol. He decided to wander around, visiting the people that his father planned to shoot next week with his bow and arrow.

Besides, he was Cupid-In-Training, anyway. It's just right that he learns how it's done. He overheard Chanyeol singing once again, waving at the crowd, making the other goddesses squeal.

Just then, he felt someone stand besides him. Bambam started to smirk, already knowing who it was.

He did a little background check on his father's little next targets. And right besides him was Chaeyoung - the daughter of Poseidon.

"Welcome to Mt. Olympus," Bambam decided to greet her.

Chaeyoung lifted the her eyebrows in an obstructed manner, gazing at Bambam under pure shock and confusion. She innocently tilted her head toward the male, finding him a bit familiar.

"Aren't you--?"

"Lalisa's cousin? Yes, I am," Bambam smiled. He cautiously looked around. "Keep that on a shush note, okay?"

Chaeyoung giggled, nodding. Lalisa told them that her and Bambam being cousins was strictly forbidden to leak elsewhere.

It was a good thing that Chaeyoung didn't know what Bambam was a god for, or else, she could've been bombarding him with questions regarding her lovelife.

Chaeyoung gave him a soft and innocent smile, offering her hand. "I usually introduce myself as Rosé on the first meeting, but for my bestfriend's cousin, I'll make an exception," she giggled. I'm Chaeyoung, formerly known as Roseanne on Earth."

"Bambam," he curtly introduced himself, a lopsided grin etched onto his lips.

Oh, how he was happy to meet her, indeed, knowing who she was going to be paired up with next week, at the reunion.

And that someone is . . .

"Okay, this next song's . . ." Chanyeol spoke through the mic. He didn't know why, but his attention was easily caught by Chaeyoung. To this, he smiled, pointing at her. "For you."

All eyes landed onto Chaeyoung because od this, and even Chaeyoung was shocked to be noticed by her ultimate crush ever since she was on Earth.

Bambam smirked, "Gotta go," he winked at Chaeyoung before he shoved his hands into his pocket, whistling his way out of the falls.

The falls was in a park. However, they don't refer to a park as a park. Very boring and unexciting to them. They would rather go to call the place as The Falls since the place was accentuated by the marvelous and magical falls that glows up every night, radiating its teal blue colour and healing magic.

Dad's romantic ways for two gods to meet, Bambam shook his head, the smile on his lips not fading.

Yes, Chaeyoung and Chanyeol were destined to be shot by Cupid's arrow at the reunion next week, which he found out after eavesdropping, of course.

And just when he didn't expect, he saw Jimin. "Hey," Jimin greeted, waving at him.

Upon seeing Jimin, Bambam flinched in a millisecond. He halted his tracks, staring at Jimin. Jimin's hand stayed up in the air, his forehead slowly creasing and his lips curving into an uncertain smile as he nodded his head, slowly bringing his hand down.

"What's up?" Jimin asked.

Bambam felt something odd. Something wasn't right. Suddenly, he felt an odd feeling that Chaeyoung and Chanyeol shouldn't have met earlier.

Why do I have a feeling that it should've been Chaeyoung and Jimin hyung? Bambam thought.

Bambam's eyes widened, looking behind him, then looking back at Jimin. "No, no, no. This is not right, it wasn't you. I swear that I heard that it wasn't you," Bambam exclaimed, taking a handful of his hair under frustration.

Jimin chuckled, "What are you talking about?" he shook his head. "Why? Was there a goddess that you're gonna set me up with?"

No, but I'm sure you're not gonna like it when I tell you that I have an odd feeling that you and Chaeyoung should've been the ones to meet earlier, Bambam thought, pulling his collar. Oh, this was utterly chaos. Jimin shouldn't be here at all!

"You know what? I think I'm in the mood to treat you out. What do you say?" Bambam wrapped his arm around Jimin, which Jimin instinctively removed, finding Bamvam a bit odd.

"Uhm, pass," Jimin shrugged. "I wanna chill at the falls for now."

"You can't!" Bambam exclaimed, a little too much, which piqued onto Jimin's curiosity even more.

Was Bambam insane for thinking that Jimin and Chaeyoung should've been the real couple supposed to be shot next week? Yes. He had this gut that told him so. He was well-convinced that it was Chanyeol and Chaeyoung, but Jimin flipped this perspective 180°.

Still, the thought of Jimin and Chaeyoung? Jimin being a cocky player and Chaeyoung being an innocent heiress? A preposterous team up, indeed.

Sure, that's it, Bambam thought. Still, he couldn't remove this peculiar feeling within him. Should he let Jimin go inside and see Chaeyoung? Only then, they would know, right?

"Whatever, I'm going in," Jimin chuckled, patting Bambam's shoulder.

Bambam bit his bottom lip, following after Jimin. He has to see how this goes with his very own eyes.

Just as Jimin arrived inside the falls, Chanyeol, who was performing in front of many gods and goddesses, immediately caught his eyes. There, he remembered the reason why he hadn't returned to the falls in years - because he didn't want to see him.

Jimin scoffed, already deciding to leave. Bambam was relieved to see this, though. At least, his theory was wrong - not that he wanted his intuition to be wrong, anyway. It just feels odd when his father's pair up didn't really ring a bell to him this time.

Just as Jimin was about to turn his heel and leave, he noticed that Chanyeol had been serenading a specific goddess. And so, under pure curiosity, he decided to peek at whoever it was.

There, the goddess caught his eye, whose long, blonde and wavy hair gradually cascaded on top of her shoulders, of how she beautifully smiled, and how her captivating ocean-coloured eyes landed onto him as if on instinct.

Her eyes met with his, and they stayed like that for a few seconds, just before Chanyeol caught Chaeyoung's attention once more, causing her to smile at Chanyeol.

Bambam bit his fingernails. Something was definitely wrong from his father's match this time.

"Hey Bam," Bambam flinched upon hearing Jimin call his name. Jimin slightly turned his head towards Bambam, however his eyes still focused onto Chaeyoung. "Do you know who that goddess is?"

"Who?" Bambam decided to feign innocence.

"That one, with the blonde hair and blue eyes," Jimin said.

"Oh, that's Uncle Poseidon's only daughter, Chaeyoung," Bambam noticed how Jimin mouthed her name beneath his breath. It's her first time on Mt. Olympus since she's lived on Earth all her life," Bambam noticed how attentive Jimin was, as if he really wanted to know more about her. And this got Bambam worried even more.

Jimin nodded, acknowledging Bambam. "Oh, so she doesn't have any friends around here yet?"

"She has three friends - Jisoo noona, Jennie noona, and Lal--" Bambam paused, covering it up with a cough.

Others don't really know about him being cousins with Lalisa, and Hades and Cupid planned to keep it that way. Why? Who would've thought that the heiress of the underworld and the heir to love and affection would become cousins? It was straight-up contradicting. Besides, Zeus himself was the one that told them that only a few amount of individuals should know about it.

"I mean uh," Bambam recomposed himself. "The heiress of the underworld."

Jimin lifted his brows amusingly, finally landing his eyes onto Bambam. "She's friends with the heiress of the underworld?" Jimin asked, trying to confirm if Bambam was pertaining to Lalisa.

Bambam nodded his head, "Yes, she is."

"That's odd," Jimin shrugged. "This Chaeyoung looks so innocent, didn't know that she could be friends with someone so--"

"Don't you dare call the heiress of the underworld any bad names," Bambam pointed his finger at Jimin threatingly, becoming the overprotective cousin he was to Lalisa.

Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "I was going to say someone cunningly hot."

"You really are attracted to the Uncle Hades' daughter, huh?" Bambam arched an eyebrow, crossing his arms. He wanted to know if Jimin had any malicious intent towards his cousin.

"Yeah, I've seen her once, and she's hot, very attractive, appealing, and charismatic," Jimin nodded, his eyes slowly fixating back onto Chaeyoung. "But that blondie over there," he smiled to himself, "she's quite interesting."

"You . . . don't say?" Bambam muttered out of worry. Should he trust his guts this time?

"Yeah," Jimin shrugged, clearing his throat. "Anyway, I heard you mention a name that's new to my ears. Who was that? Jennifer?"

"Jennie," Bambam corrected. "It's Jennie noona."

"Oh, Jennie," Jimin nodded. "Who is she?"

"A newbie to Mt. Olympus as well," Bambam shrugged. Of course, he had to know every god and goddess since he is Cupid-In-Training, after all. "Jennie noona came here with Chaeyoung. Noona's the heiress to the stars."

Jimin's eyes widened, not believing his ears. "Did I hear that right? The stars?" Jimin enthusiastically asked, a lopsided grin forming on his lips upon seeing Bambam nod for confirmation. "So, she's the child of Aunt Nyx?"

Once again, Bambam nodded.

"Oh, I knew it was a goddess! Wait till Taehyung hears this--" Jimin paused, frowning in an instant upon remembering that he wasn't on good terms with Taehyung at the moment. However, he'll be sure to apologise later, he admits it whenever it's his fault.

Just then, they heard the crowd cheer once more. Jimin and Bambam instinctively snapped their heads on the stage, just to see Chanyeol assisting Chaeyoung to get up.

"Hi," Chanyeol greeted Chaeyoung, handing her own microphone.

"Hi," Chaeyoung greeted back, smiling.

Jimin didn't care if Chanyeol was openly showing his interest towards Chaeyoung, what mattered to him was seeing the goddess on stage, looking very ethereal, as if she was molded by Aphrodite, herself.

"You've caught my interest," Chanyeol wiggled her eyebrows at her, making the crowd go wild.

Jimin scoffed at this, which Bambam quickly noticed. "What a flirt," Jimin scowled, his face all scrunched up as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"As if you aren't one yourself," Bambam quipped, not sparing Jimin a glance, making Jimin glare at him momentarily before he fixated his eyes back onto Chanyeol and Chaeyoung.

"Why, thank you," Chaeyoung smiled.

"May I know your name?" Chanyeol smiled, strumming his guitar a bit.

"Roseanne, but you can call me Rosé," she introduced herself.

Jimin snapped his head towards Bambam. "You said her name's Chaeyoung!" Jimin hissed.

"It is," Bambam exclaimed. "She takes the human form sometimes on Earth, and humans address her as Roseanne. And, she introduces herself as Roseanne or Rosé to strangers."

"Why is that?" Jimin asks curiously.

"She doesn't trust anyone easily. She may look innocent, but she's not naive. She cannot be easily swooned," Bambam explained. "She only lets a few people call her Chaeyoung, only when she's comfortable."

Jimin nods, not making anymore comments and diverted his attention back on stage.

"Okay Rosé, I'm Chanyeol," Chanyeol shrugged. "Do you know how to play the guitar? Or sing?"

"I actually know how to do . . . both," Chaeyoung shyly admitted, scratching her nape. Jimin smiled, finding her . . . cute?

Chanyeol's lips formed into an 'o', amused. "Well, why don't you sing? I wanna hear your voice."

Chaeyoung seemed reluctant at first, but Chanyeol encouraged her to do so. Chaeyoung shyly held the guitar that Chanyeol offered her, and gulped as she faced the crowd.

Jimin was attentive, awaiting for her to sing. After breathing in deeply, Chaeyoung finally garnered enough courage.

"Rosé!"

All of their heads snapped at the voice that called her. Chaeyoung's eyes widened, quickly handing the guitar to Chanyeol and apologised to him. She apologised to the crowd as well.

Before Chaeyoung left the stage, Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and asked, "Will I ever get to see you again, Rosé?"

Chaeyoung just smiled at him, "Next week." With this, Chanyeol smiled and nodded assuringly.

Jimin glanced at the person who called Chaeyoung, his eyes widening upon seeing Jisoo - the goddess of seductive speech and persuasion.

Chaeyoung hurried towards Jisoo and they both set off. Just then, Jimin remembered that they were bestfriends.

"Wonder what that was about," Jimin tilted his head, curious.

Bambam sighed, patting Jimin's shoulder. "If I were you, I wouldn't be too curious about her. She's . . ." Bambam was reluctant to tell Jimin. "She's my dad's target next week."

By that, Bambam turned around and left.

Jimin just stood there, frozen on his spot. He frowned, turning his head and watched as Bambam snapped his fingers and disappeared.

>><<

Hoseok had informed Taehyung that once, while he was guarding the sun, he had seen a male being trained by Asteria.

Given this information, Taehyung quickly concluded that he was meeting up with the heir of the stars.

Taehyung had arrived fifteen minutes before the exact meeting time, and he had been burying himself with books all night. Now, he was sitting on his chair, staring up ahead as he was mentally reviewing all of what he learned.

Just then, through his peripheral vision, he saw a woman standing in front of him. He looked up, seeing her smile at him.

She had dark brown hair with light brown highlights, cat-like eyes and a very charismatic aura. Plus, she looked incredibly beautiful.

"May I take this seat?" she asked with a smile.

Taehyung looked around, thinking that it wouldn't hurt to make a new friend. He was sure that the heir he was meeting up would come at the exact time.

"You may," Taehyung smiled back and watched her as she sat down across him.

"Curly dark hair, black eyes, pointed nose, symmetrical face, a perfect description," the goddess muttered to herself, but Taehyung still overheard.

"I'm sorry?" Taehyung asked, lifting his eyebrows.

The goddess shook her head, still smiling at him. Taehyung wasn't sure of what she was doing, but if she was trying to seduce him with that gummy smile of hers, she was doing a fantastic job.

He truly found her beautiful.

"Are you meeting up with someone?" the goddess had asked.

"Yes, actually," Taehyung honestly answered.

"Business?" she asked.

Taehyung smiled a bit at how she successfully guessed. "You can say that. You? Why are you here?"

"Same reason," she shrugged. "Don't you think this place is a bit too common for a meeting place? Don't you find it boring?"

Taehyung lifted his eyebrows amusingly. "Why?" he leaned forward a bit. "How did you know that this was a common place?"

"Did some research," the goddess shrugged.

"Oh, so you like to do some research, huh?" Taehyung nodded.

She shrugged, "I like assurance, rather."

"Where would you like to be other than here then?" Taehyung asked, curious on her preferences when it comes to meeting places.

The goddess thought for a while. "I don't know, where would you like?"

Taehyung was caught off-guard, mentally processing if she just threw him a pick-up line or not.

"Anyway, do you believe in zodiac signs?" She randomly asked, changing the topic.

So she doesn't want a dull moment, interesting, Taehyung had thought.

"I know what they are, but I don't frankly believe in them," Taehyung honestly admits, causing the female to lift her brows up in surprise.

"Really now? Why is that?" she tilted her at him.

"Because I don't believe that your astrological sign can determine who you are, and what you are like," Taehyung gave a clear and direct answer. "I'm sorry for being insensitive, do you believe in zodiac signs?"

The female gave a soft smile, nodding. Taehyung was going to apologise but she quickly shook her head. "It's quite alright, actually. May I know your astrological sign?" she asked.

Taehyung licked his lips, trying to read what was on her mind but he couldn't. "Capricorn," he decided to answer.

"Usually smart, competitive, goal-oriented. A workaholic, if I may say, sarcasm is your language, you don't let bygones be bygones," she smiled at him. "Doesn't have a room for disappointment, doesn't like slowness in any forms, Mr. Know-It-All."

Taehyung was quite amused by this.

"Tell me that I'm wrong," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'm quite impressed," he admits. "What's your sign?"

"Capricorn, as well. So I guess you already know a part of me, " she shrugged. "See? In my perspective, it's to know a little about oneself."

"So, did you just give me a snippet about you?" Taehyung chuckled, and she just gave him a mischievous smile, shrugging. "You're interests include astrological signs?" he asks.

As he was asking, he came to adore her facial features even more.

"Guess it's an interest, if you say so," she shrugged. "What are your interests?"

"You."

The female was caught off-guard, not expecting him to be that bold already.

Taehyung gave her a boxy smile, summoning his purple amulet. "And if you would allow me, I'd like to dig a little deeper into my interest."

He then pulled his sleeve up, showing her his wrist, and she glanced at it immediately.

"Taehyung," she said his name out loud. "Son of Nyx and Erebus, heir to the night and darkness, and . . . oh, you're older than me by a year, should I call you oppa?" she giggled.

Taehyung shrugged, pulling his sleeve down. "Taehyung would do."

She then smiled sweetly, summoning her amulet as well. His brows lifted up upon seeing that their amulets were similar in colour.

You see, your mother and father may have different coloured amulets, but you and your sibling (if you have any) automatically have the same colour of amulets. And, for the opposite gender, the closer the colour of your amulet to each other, the more compatible you are.

"We're compatible," Taehyung noticed.

She then shrugged, showing her wrist at him. He then glanced at it, his eyes widening upon what he just read.

"Jennie, daughter of Asteria and Perses," she introduced herself, giving him a smile full of mischief. He gulped, lifting his head up to look at her. "The heiress of the stars."

A/N : Who's your favourite god and goddess so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...
106K 3.2K 41
Four teens who are united by fate are sent back home to Mount Olympus to their legendary Greek god parents. Liskook Jirose ~This story is somehow in...
2.9K 179 34
What happens when a princess gets lost in the forest of dark creatures and meets a boy who seems to be kind but is a beast from inside Is love gonna...
46.3K 1.2K 50
a bangpink hate to love to hate story main ship::#taennie Supporting ships:::#liskook, #jirosé, #jinsoo What will happen if 4 brothers and 4 sisters...