VI | The Lalisa Effect

Jisoo practically dragged Chaeyoung out of there because she abhorred shopping. However, she doesn't have anything to wear for the reunion just yet.

And now, Chaeyoung had picked four outfits for Jisoo to wear. Lalisa had strictly instructed the three to stand out. Besides being known as the daughter of Hades, she is also known as a head-turner for her remarkable sense of fashion.

This year, it was actually Lalisa's first time to attend the reunion since her girls basically forced her to. And besides, it's actually all their first time - considering that Jisoo had been low-key in those types of events, Chaeyoung and Jennie being newcomers to Mt. Olympus, and Lalisa being casually lazy to attend each year, thinking that it's an utter waste of her time.

"Where's Lalisa?" Jisoo turned her head here and there, growing impatient.

Chaeyoung signalled her to wait and calm down. "I'm sure she's on her way," Chaeyoung heaved a sigh, also looking around. "I heard that you're dyeing your hair."

"Yes," Jisoo glanced at the outfits presented to her, hanging on the clothes rack. "My hair colour's going to be temporary. Mine's dark brown. Lalisa's will really dye her hair black." She then averted her eyes towards the blonde. "You?"

Chaeyoung softly shook her head. "Just soak my hair in water, I'll naturally have a new hair colour."

Jisoo snickered, "Oh, right."

Chaeyoung's hair can be changed into two colours. When it's dry, it's blonde. When it's soaked in water, it turns into a reddish orange.

Just then, a dolphin suddenly entered the shop, with a medium-sized wave surfacing beneath it, dashing towards Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung patted the dolphin's head as she took the letter it was biting.

"Well, I've gotta go," Chaeyoung shrugged.

"Why?" Jisoo immediately asked.

"Father needs my presence," Chaeyoung sighed. "Probably about the coronation." Jisoo felt mortified, close to fainting at the thought of her being alone in a shop. Chaeyoung quickly noticed this, giggling. "Calm down, unnie. I'm sure Lalisa's on her way."

Jisoo looked perplexed. However, Chaeyoung didn't really have a choice. Her father needs her. So, with a guilty sigh, she gave Jisoo a quick hug before she exited the shop.

She stood up, groggily looking at the four outfits. Maybe she can decide on her own? "Maybe . . . this one?" Jisoo took the bright yellow dress.

"You look better with the second outfit."

Jisoo turned around, stunned to see Jin - the son of Aglaea and Hephaestus. Jisoo did a quick bow as courtesy, and Jin did the same.

"It's the first time I've ever seen you here," Jin told her with a soft smile.

Jisoo shrugged, "My bestfriends are attending the reunion."

Jin nodded, taking the outfit he recommended from the rack and handed it to Jisoo. "Jisoo-ssi, the cunning goddess of persuasive speech."

"Well, why don't we test my skills?" Jisoo lifted her eyebrows, smiling sarcastically. "How about I try to persuade you into sticking your nose out of my business?"

"No need to persuade me, Jisoo-ssi," Jin smirked, tilting his head sideways. "You've already got me."

Jisoo's forehead creased, not believing how magnificently conceited the god in front of her sounded. Did he think that he can lure anyone to his little trap?

"I've heard a lot about you, Jin-ssi," Jisoo forced a smile, taking a few steps backward. "And it's not even close to anything good. May I remind you, I'm the goddess of persuasive speech, I know how to persuade people as well."