๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening

12.8K 453 244
By ASTRAGAZER-

Sasuke was discharge at the hospital the day after he woke up. His wounds were not vital and it was exhaustion and his nearly depleted chakra that pulled him into unconsciousness for a few days. It's December now and the embers of Autumn had long since gone. The month itself carried the wind of Winter but snow has not yet touched the land of Fire.

Sakura woke up, and for the last three months, for the first time she woke up with the feeling of someone's arm draped around her and the warmth emitting behind. She stirred in her sleep and slowly turned around. Sensing the sudden movement, Sasuke lifted his arm around and felt Sakura sat up on the bed. The Uchiha peaked his eyes open as he watched the pinkette stood up from the bed and stretched her limbs. Her oversized shirt showing a portion of her swollen stomach and Sasuke felt a stir in his chest.

"Oh, Sasuke-kun you're awake," Sakura stated as she looked at Sasuke, who was not hiding the fact that he's downright checking her out.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?"

Sasuke hummed as he stood up from the bed and walked around to pick up his cloak sprawled on the floor.

"I have to go to Kakashi," Sasuke answered as he took out the scroll.

Sakura was about to say something along the line of can't it wait later? But then her eyes caught the scroll and Sakura knew Sasuke might've had to deliver it to Kakashi as soon as possible. So instead of pushing her argument for Sasuke to eat breakfast first then go to the Hokage's office later, Sakura just nodded and looked down.

"Oh, okay," she whispered before proceeding to the kitchen.

"I'll be back later," Sasuke said and even before Sakura could reply, she heard the door shut and Sasuke was gone just as fast. She doesn't even know when is later. Will it be before lunch, after lunch or by dinner? Sakura just heaved a sigh and tried not to dwell on the stirring unease she was feeling akin to sadness.

Sasuke was just busy, it took him three months to get that scroll, it must've been very important. Sakura convinced herself. She doesn't even know what occurred in those time but for him to come back in that state told her enough that whatever occurred in order to get that scroll must've been very difficult.

Come to think of it, when Sasuke arrived yesterday he instantly soaked himself in the bath. Then before Sakura knew it, he was fast asleep. She wasn't able to get a chance to ask him to tell her what happened in his journey. And she still hasn't able to tell Sasuke what happened in her mission in Suna. Sakura had lots to tell him, so many things that she doesn't know where to start. And even if she does, Sakura doubt if she ever gets the chance to.

She heaved another sigh as she took a sip of the lukewarm milk. The room suddenly became colder as Sakura felt the emptiness right after Sasuke left.

___

While Sasuke was on the way towards the Hokage's office, he almost cursed at the coldness. He left in a hurry that he forgot it was actually winter and winter means cold. And he didn't even bring a scarf or a cloak. He left quickly even though he wanted to stay in the warm apartment until heaven knows when but he remembered the scroll. Sasuke need to deliver it to Kakashi so he could come back to Sakura as soon as he give it to the Hokage.

While cursing the weather that no one has control with but the deities, Sasuke didn't notice Naruto walking towards him. Actually, if he noticed the yellow haired shinobi a second earlier, he would've slipped out of sight. But Naruto had seen him.

"What?" Sasuke grumbled as he continued to walk.

"Where are ya going this early, Sasuke-teme? What, you're ditching Sakura-chan now?"

Sasuke frowned and tried to ignore Naruto who was now walking beside him. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Hey, let's grab breakfast." Naruto put his arm on Sasuke's shoulder and Sasuke shook it off a little too violently.

"No,"

"Come on. My stomach is growling, can't you hear it?" Naruto asked over dramatically and Sasuke just ignored him.

"Come on Sasuke-teme, I know you're hungry."

It's still early in the morning but Sasuke's last nerve had magically vanished as he suppress his annoyance, halting to face Naruto.

"Hey dobe. Aren't you married? Isn't your wife suppose to cook breakfast? Aren't you suppose to eat breakfast that your wife cooked? Why are you even pestering me?"

Naruto froze as he looked at Sasuke before blinking and raising his arms in mock surrender. "Woah calm down, Sasuke. I'm just messing with you."

"I'm in no mood to tolerate you," Sasuke said before walking again. Naruto quickly caught up to him and noticed the scroll he was holding.

"You're going to Kakashi-sensei?"

Sasuke hummed silently as he felt that he spoke way too much with that last statement when he should've remained his cool composure and ignored Naruto like always.

When Sasuke arrived at the Hokage's office, of course with Naruto trailing behind because he insisted on coming, Kakashi was sitting on his desk with a pen signing some papers as he was on the verge of dozing off.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto said a little too loudly as Kakashi almost jumped in his seat and his eyes are wide as saucers.

He blinked and shook off his surprise stricken face with a straight and bored look he always give everyone. Sasuke passed the scroll to Kakashi who caught it just in time before it hit him straight on the face.

"It's a scroll from the temple in another dimension. The Chief said there are several scrolls and I suspect they are scattered around the dimensions made by Kaguya Otsutsuki," Sasuke explained as Kakashi's eyes skimmed the content of the scroll that Sasuke has yet to check.

After a few seconds of silence, Kakashi looked up. Sasuke and Naruto expecting him to say something about the message on the scroll.

"Yeah, I can't read it," he said as he placed the scroll on his desk.

Naruto and Sasuke walked towards the desk and before Sasuke could take it, Naruto beat him to it. He tried to read what was written on the scroll, Naruto even spin the scroll upside down but his frown only deepens.

"What the hell is this language?" Naruto looked at it closely and Sasuke just sighed before snatching the scroll from his hands.

Sasuke tried to read it with his visual prowess and Naruto stared in awe. Even though Sasuke could make a few characters, more of what's written was still hard to read. However, he could recognize some characters that looked familiar because he had seen it once before. But Sasuke doesn't want to even think about it.

"It seems we might have to ask someone's help with this," Sasuke said as he rolled the scroll.

"And that help? Whose help is it?"

"Orochimaru."

"Eh?!" Naruto yelled.

Sasuke had seen those familiar characters in one of Orochimaru's hideout and Sasuke doesn't want to ponder about it. But he knew he has to. If they wanted to decipher the scroll's message, Orochimaru might be of help. But that also means Sasuke has to go there himself.

After the short meeting with Kakashi, Sasuke was on his way back to the apartment. He was deep in thought that he almost didn't notice Naruto trailing behind him. When Sasuke did notice him, he halted in his step.

"You really don't plan on going home?" Sasuke asked, eyes closed to calm his annoyance.

"Fine, I'm on my way home. Tell Sakura-chan tonight we'll all be having dinner at a barbecue house to celebrate the Holidays!" Naruto said before turning a corner waving his hand.

_____

When Sasuke came back to the apartment, he heard the shower running. He proceeded to the kitchen and saw an empty plate a food on the table.

He was just finished eating when Sakura came walking inside the kitchen. After drinking a glass of water, she left without a word. Sasuke found it almost odd but did not dwell on it longer than necessary. He followed Sakura who was putting on her jacket and scarf.

"I'm going outside to meet Ino," Sakura said when she noticed Sasuke was staring at her.

"Hn," Sasuke just hummed and nodded his head.

"I'll be back later." And just like that, Sakura left without another word. Sasuke found her behavior really odd but shrugged it off and went on to take a shower.

When Sakura did not come back after a few hours, Sasuke decided to go look for her in the Village. He found her with Ino and Temari and they were having quite a conversation that promptly stops when they noticed Sasuke.

"See you later then," Ino said as she and Temari walked while waving.

It was this kind of silence that put the Uchiha on edge. It wasn't the comfortable silence he usually dwells himself with. He knew something was odd with how the pinkette have been behaving since this morning.

But instead of asking her anything about it, Sasuke remembered what Naruto told him earlier.

"Naruto told me tonight we'll all be having dinner at the barbecue house."

"Yeah. Ino told me."

Sakura's response was just normal. What else would Sasuke wanted to hear. But somehow, the tone that carried her response don't quite fit her words.

As if on instinct, Sasuke's hand suddenly found Sakura's hand and clasped his on hers. It took the pinkette by surprise and stopped when Sasuke halted in his step.

Sasuke finally found the right word to describe this odd behavior.

"Sakura, are you mad?"

"No," her reply came in short and silent.

"I'm just–" she trailed off. "A bit sad."

Sasuke noticed her shoulders were shaking a bit and Sasuke's hand tighten on hers.

"I'm sorry," Sasuke looked down, he apologized without even knowing why she's sad. But somehow, he knew it would make her feel a bit better.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura called and when Sasuke looked up she was facing him with a slight smile. "Tonight, after dinner. I have a lot of stories to tell you, promise me you'll listen."

"Sure," Sasuke said, feeling his lips turning up with the littlest smile. "Then would you like to listen to mine as well?"

Sasuke finally saw it, her smile that he wanted to see since this morning. The sadness Sakura felt magically vanished as she felt the stir in her chest lightens up. She tugged on Sasuke's hand as they walk back to the apartment.

Night came much too quickly. Right after the sun bid a temporary farewell, the night carried the winter breeze that made the atmosphere colder than this morning. Puff of smoke came out of their mouth as Sasuke and Sakura made their way to the barbecue house.

"So, last time we're here we heard some incredible news," Ino started as the meat arrived and they proceeded to grill it.

"And we sure would love to hear more," she continued looking around.

Naruto lift his hand to get everyone's attention as he put his arm on Hinata who was shyly sitting beside him.

"Guess we'll be having a son!" Naruto said and almost everyone in the restaurant heard him making Hinata blushed madly.

"Naruto-kun, stop it," Hinata said quietly and everyone laughed and congratulated them.

"How about you, Sasuke?" Kiba asked but Sasuke remained silent.

"We still don't know," Sakura answered for him.

"Oh come on, wouldn't it be great if you two have a son as well. The rivalry shall continue with the next generation," Kiba said and Shino tried to shut him up with a few explanations as to why Kiba has to shut up.

Their dinner was spent like that and right after filling their stomach, they went on their own merry way. Some are going straight home like Naruto, Hinata and Shikamaru and Temari. While the others are going to the market.

"Do you want to visit the market?" Sasuke asked when he noticed Sakura was looking towards where Ino and Sai were headed.

"If you're tired we could go back home," Sakura said, not really answering his question.

Sasuke did not say anything but instead took her hand and pulled her towards the market. The place was lit with Christmas lights and more stands were built around the market.

They proceeded towards an oak tree with papers hanging from its trunks. Those are promises and prayers written by hopeful individuals as they celebrate the Holiday Eve.

But Sakura's attention wasn't on the tree but up above the heavens as snow started to fall down from the dark sky. She stretched her hand and a snowflake landed on her palm. But like all beautiful things, the snowflake did not last a few seconds as it melted.

It showed how fragile everything are in this world. How short things last. And how much we must treasure time. Just like the snowflake, some things are bound to melt. But there is enough time to admire its beauty before it is gone.

That's right. Sakura knew, from the depths of her mind, that Sasuke would soon leave the Village again. She knew he need to go on missions as the shadow of Konoha, its lone protector from enemies yet unseen.

Sakura put her hands on her lips as she exhaled a breath, fog coming from her mouth. Then all of a sudden, she felt strong arm snaked around her as Sasuke rest his head on her shoulder. (see pic above for reference)

"Sakura, I have to tell you something," he said, his grip tightening a bit but not too tight as to hurt her.

"Hm? What is it?"

"I have to–" Sasuke had to trail off, he had to stop for a second so Sakura could be prepare to hear him out. Or perhaps he was the one who needed to prepare to tell her that. "I have to leave the Village, again."

Sakura had hundreds of thoughts running in her head. He just came from a journey and he's leaving again? She knew he's bound to leave the Village but this soon? And right when she's halfway through pregnancy? She doesn't know when Sasuke will come back.

Instead of being overwhelmed with her ranging thoughts, Sakura calmed herself down.

"When?" She asked silently. Sasuke was still leaning on her, as if he doesn't have enough strength to stand and he's leaning to her for strength.

"Next month," Sasuke answered.

Sakura sighed. Next month. She thought for a second he'll leave as soon as next week. But next month made her feel at ease.

However, Sakura doesn't know how long this next journey will take him. And the thought of giving birth without Sasuke beside her made her scared for some reason.

"Sasuke-kun, can I come with you?"

Sasuke's hand tightened again. He almost said no but bit his tongue from saying anything.

"When I thought of giving birth without you, it scares me somehow."

Sasuke's eyes widen when he heard that and he visibly relaxed. Even he wanted to be by her side but he doesn't know when he'll be able to come back.

Sasuke, more than anyone, want to stand beside her when that time comes. To give her an ounce of strength when she feels like she could no longer handle the pain. To wipe her tears when she hears the baby cry. To hold the little human being in his arm. He wanted all of those.

So, despite knowing the danger Sakura might go through when he bring her with him, Sasuke decided on bringing her still.

Because Sasuke knew he could protect her, no one else but him. With one last squeeze, Sasuke closed his eyes as he answered.

"Sure, let's go together."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

So, I pulled this off safely. I always wonder how Sakura ended up giving birth in one of Orochimaru's hideout and how come Sasuke even allowed her to come with him in his journey when she's pregnant. So with a lot of scenarios I played in my head, I arrived at the most possible, closest and acceptable conclusion!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading! Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
3.1K 147 16
Mature: Strong Language You fell asleep one night and woke up in another world. You find yourself as Sakura Haruno from the Naruto series. Will you s...
291K 9.4K 42
โ๐๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ, (๐ฒ/๐ง).โž โ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ?โž โ๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก.โž ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ...