Time After Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down... More

a/n
age of ultron cast
one - sokovia
two - rebel
three - ice
four - whos worthy?
five - no strings on me
six - this is rage
seven - the cooler avengers
eight - wa-wakanda?
nine - a promise broken
ten - safe house
eleven - pep talk
a/n (sony and disney)
twelve - korea
thirteen - creation of a vision
fourteen - one after another
fifteen - seventh avenger
sixteen - lifeboats
seventeen - together
eighteen - his sacrifice
ninteen - graduation
twenty - post credits
civil war cast
one - lagos
two - a murderer
three - sokovia accords
four - debate
five - carter
six - united nations
seven - always ends in a fight
eight - custody and guardians
nine - consequences
ten - last moments of peace
eleven - united we stand
twelve - divided we fall
thirteen - strangers
fourteen - quinn
fifteen - winning and losing
sixteen - definitely a father's daughter
seventeen - home is gone
eighteen - shock
nineteen - so was i
twenty - post credits
black panther cast
one - my hour
two - welcome home
three - waterfall
four - forties charm
five - oui oui
a/n chadwick boseman
six - now or never
seven - zane the zoomer
eight - simple
nine - facing a future fight
ten - hydra's a bitch
eleven - no place on earth
twelve - bloodthirsty
fourteen - delicate snow
fifteen - like my father
sixteen - true king
seventeen - sunset
eighteen - post credits
next book announcement

thirteen - the jabari

509 29 4
By Malielena

It's been a few hours since T'Challa's Death. Nakia had to run back for Ross and bring Okoye along with us. I'm not sure Okoye would follow. She's extremely loyal to the throne but it would be smart to leave someone here to oversee Killmonger. She can take care of herself.

Me, Shuri and Queen Ramonda were in a secluded part of the woods. Killmonger doesn't know Wakanda at all and the guards never come out this way. I stood a ways away from the two. They were destroyed, the grief they're feeling is so strong and it hurts to see.

I'm more angry then sad, I want to kill him but he'll be taking the heart herb thing and he'll be much stronger then me. The most I can do now is guard Shuri and Queen Ramonda from any unwanted company.

Queen Ramonda and Shuri held eachother. It hurt to even look at them. "First Baba, and now my brother." I looked over silently. Shuri slightly rocked back and forth. Mama, we didn't even get to bury him." Her voice broke.

There was a rustle and I pulled out a knife and Queen Ramona pulled out a ring blade but it was just Nakia. Ross emerged behind her. "It's me." Nakia held her hands in front of her. I lowered my blade and put it back by my waist.

"Nakia. Who is this man?" She kept the blade raised more towards him. I think everyone hates Ross. "He's a friend of T'Challa's he saved my life." Nakia Answered.

The queen studied Ross then glanced over "Where's Okoye?" I knew she wouldn't come. I knew it.

"Okoye is not coming. She and Dora Milaje will serve the new King." She replied. The Queen lowered down her weapon with more sadness in her eyes.

"Wait here." Nakia looked to us all and ran off again. Again? We need to get out of here. It's only a matter of time before Killmonger decided he wants to kill all of us.

"What has happened to our Wakanda?" The Queen looked off into the distance.

"If we get help I think we will beat him. We're all strong people. Not you Ross." I said and he gave me a look. I went up and took Queen Ramona's free hand to comfort her. "This isn't over get. We will get Wakanda back." I assured her and let go to keep watch again.

After a few minutes I could smell and see smoke in the distance. What the hell is he doing now? There was rustling a few minutes from the direction of the smoke but it was just Nakia.

"Are we ready?" I asked. Nakia nodded and we hurried the others. I though I came here to be protected but I'm protecting others again. I think it's my default.

• • •

We've been walking well into the morning. It was freezing and snow covered the mountains around us. I wasn't much bothered in fact I actually felt more powerful here with the cold. I walked behind the others so I can watch our backs but no one should come this way. No one messes with the Jabari.

Everyone was shaking and covered themselves with thick blankets. I was just wearing my normal clothing. My super self also helps me avoid the frostbite too. The bitter winds hit my face, it makes it hard to breathe at times so I kept my face down.

"So where are we going again?" Ross spoke out of the blue. He's been pretty silent for the past few hours. Most of us actually hasn't spoke much. We've all been in our own minds with grief.

"We're taking the Heart Shaped Herb to Jabariland." Nakia answered. Ross blinked in confusion and looked back at Nakia. "Heart Shaped Herb...what is that?"

"It gives whoever takes it heightened abilities." She replied. Queen Ramonda began to slow down. "It's what made T'Challa so strong." Nakia then added but The Queen stopped in her tracks. "Nakia." We all stopped and Nakia walked over to her. "I don't like this. The Herb belongs to us. We may be creating a bigger monster with M'Baku." They both looked at the gorilla carving in the stone indicating we were arriving into the Jabari's territory.

"The Jabari would not want to see Wakanda fall, they may isolate themselves but there's no way M'Baku would want an outsider on the throne." I spoke. The Queen nodded in understanding to me but looked to Nakia. "Nakia then, you should take it yourself."

"I'm a spy with no army. I wouldn't stand a chance...and Hazel cannot help me alone. She is strong but a child. She doesn't deserve another war in her life. We are her protectors not the other way around. T'challa wouldn't want this for her." Nakia spoke to us all.

"I'll help in anyway I can but Nakia is right. We need more help." I added. The Queen thought for a few seconds before speaking. "We'll go."

We all continued walking for a few feet but we all stopped when Nakia hushed us and around us the Jabari showed themselves and began chanting. "Oh shit." Ross said and we all stood in a circle.

"Stay calm, put your heads down." Nakia told us. I listened and looked at the snowy ground. If we're gonna fight then I will have an upper hand here.

I put an arm around Shuri to comfort her, feeling her fear. Everyone is gonna be fine. Hopefully M'Baku listens to us.

• • •

We walked into the Jabari throne room, wood was the main thing everywhere. I like it, it's simple.

I could tell Shuri, Queen Ramonda and Ross were anxious but me and Nakia were alright. I know I can defend myself well and Nakia seems to have some trust to them.

As we came in front of the throne I noticed M'Baku sitting in the middle with two guards behind him on both sides. The mountains looked wild and huge in the background.

The men behind us hit their spears in the ground and all us jumped. Jesus why so loud, my poor ears. M'Baku just looked between us all with confusion but mostly looking towards Ross. I guess everyone is used to me now.

Queen Ramonda walked towards slowly "My son." her body was probably shaking from the Cold and pure shock from losing T'Challa. "-was murdered in ritual combat."

"Were the odds fair?" He quickly asked. Nakia butted in. "Yes but..."

M'Baku cut her off fast. "So, it was less a murder than a defeat?"

Shuri got upset real fast. "Do not rub our noses in it-" She pointed at M'Baku. "Silence! I make the pronouncements here, girl." He also cut her off. He then looked at me. "You have nothing to say?"

"He's their son and brother. I'm simply here to protect them if I need to." I answered calmly.

"I thought you were the protected." He enunciated. I shrugged. "Roles have to change sometimes sir."

Ross then spoke. "Look uh, your highness." M'Baku looked at Ross and started to bark at him. "The new King is a-" Ross began to speak again but M'baku kept barking and all around the men did too. I held in a smile. Ross is kinda a idiot.

"You cannot talk." He half yelled. "One more word and I will feed you to my children." He stared down Ross. Now I started holding in laughter. Never heard that kind of threat before. I looked at Ross and he look petrified. "I'm kidding. We are vegetarians."

No one else laughed but him so I started laughing too. This man is funny I like him.

Nakia took a step forward and took out the heart shaped herb. "Great Gorilla M'Baku." She spoke and M'Baku stopped laughing. She got on her knees. "This is why we are here. To offer this to you. An outsider sits on our throne." She had desperation in her tone. "Only you can help us stop him."

He was deep in the thought for a few seconds before standing. Ramonda and Shuri got on their knees and well so I slapped Ross's arm and we both got down too.

"Come with me." He said, Ross moved to get out of the way and we all turned around to follow. What is he leading us too.

We walked for a few minutes before coming to a small wooden building built into the stone mountains. I heard gasps as they all ran in. And in the snow laid T'Challa, alive.

He lives.

Sorry I meant to post this much much earlier but I forgot I had to babysit aaa. Here's todays meme.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 18.2K 83
❝ ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ɢᴏɴ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ? ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ..❞ B...
35.8K 1K 13
Rebecca Stark was finally finding her place in the world. But now her father, Tony, is calling out terrorists, she's beginning to understand SHIELD i...
4.4K 154 29
book three of captain america's daughter hazel knows things are happening around her, things only she can fix. it's the same battle but the enemy is...
212K 5.5K 23
Behind the Winter Soldier, a young killer follows. A child - who's ledger is drip, drip, dripping with red. She's been passed from one cruel hand to...