Time After Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down... More

a/n
age of ultron cast
one - sokovia
two - rebel
three - ice
four - whos worthy?
five - no strings on me
six - this is rage
seven - the cooler avengers
eight - wa-wakanda?
nine - a promise broken
ten - safe house
eleven - pep talk
a/n (sony and disney)
twelve - korea
thirteen - creation of a vision
fourteen - one after another
fifteen - seventh avenger
sixteen - lifeboats
seventeen - together
eighteen - his sacrifice
ninteen - graduation
twenty - post credits
civil war cast
one - lagos
two - a murderer
three - sokovia accords
four - debate
five - carter
six - united nations
seven - always ends in a fight
eight - custody and guardians
nine - consequences
ten - last moments of peace
eleven - united we stand
twelve - divided we fall
thirteen - strangers
fourteen - quinn
fifteen - winning and losing
sixteen - definitely a father's daughter
seventeen - home is gone
eighteen - shock
nineteen - so was i
twenty - post credits
black panther cast
one - my hour
two - welcome home
four - forties charm
five - oui oui
a/n chadwick boseman
six - now or never
seven - zane the zoomer
eight - simple
nine - facing a future fight
ten - hydra's a bitch
eleven - no place on earth
twelve - bloodthirsty
thirteen - the jabari
fourteen - delicate snow
fifteen - like my father
sixteen - true king
seventeen - sunset
eighteen - post credits
next book announcement

three - waterfall

2.9K 80 75
By Malielena

I stepped onto the raft like platform that will take us to the waterfall.

I wanted to run my hands through my hair but I caved and let her cut it.

My waist length hair is now to my shoulders. It's weird because it was a shield to me in a way.

It's okay though, everything is changing so why not my hair too?

I had a small smile on my face as I felt the wind and mist on my skin.

Shuri was dancing with her mother. I just admired the sights. Wakanda is truely a beautiful place.

I feel lucky to be in a place like this. I'll admit that my dad was smart to leave me here where I can train and learn.

I feel more secure now that I can do things that I'd never though I would do. Okoye really pushes me to be stronger. Not just physically but mentally too.

I haven't had any breakdowns like I used too. Nightmares don't make me cry but they obviously still hurt me.

I watched everyone on the raft like platform, they had such joy on their faces.

"Young hazel." I heard a voice and saw the queen mother, her name is Ramona but I call her queen mother to respect her.

"Oh, hi...you must be excited for the ceremony." I gave her a friendly smile and took my attention off the water around me. I'm still queasy about the water but this place is advanced so I doubt I'll drown.  

"Yes but not always...the ceremony is necessary but it can get brutal at times." She answered and but her hands on the railing beside me and looked out at the water.

"Why's that?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She watched the water for a few seconds before answering me. "It's essentially a fight to the death."

My jaw dropped. Okay so NOT fun.

She chuckled and rubbed my arm  "But death never happens most of the time. You can yield which is forfeiting."

"Oh good, I was worried for a second." I laughed awkwardly.

The Dora slammed their spears in unison on the raft in front of us, sonically triggering something. I noticed we were approaching the edge. I clenched my teeth trying to keep my fear inside. Are we gonna go over the edge?

The rafts halted and beside me a walkway was uncovered. I followed Shuri and Queen Mother to where they would stand. Now I'm even closer to the water than before, if I move my feet a little bit they would touch the water.

The royal-talon fighter flew up to the pool's edge and T'challa stepped off the aircraft, holding a short spear and shield he was also covered in leopard body paint. The crowd around me chanted.

Thousands of Wakandans stood according to tribe, the Border Tribe, the Mining Tribe, the Merchant Tribe and the River Tribe. Obviously I'm not apart of any of them.

I'm apart of the hazel tribe and it's just me, myself and I.

I glanced over and spotted Nakia with the River Tribe.W'kabi, the leader of the Border Tribe Army with the Border Tribe. I only met him a few times. He's intense but if you let him do his job he's chill.

Okoye was with Ayo and the Dora Milaje. Okoye has told me many times that she considers me apart of it but I'm not wanting to settle here. I want to be with my dad in America...well wherever he is. We don't get to talk much Because he's always on the run and telling me could put him in danger. it's not like anyone can hurt me here to get information.

In the water stood a man named Zuri, I never met him but Shuri told me he's Wakanda's high shaman...whatever that means. He was holding a massive spear.
"I, Zuri , Son of Badu , give to you, Prince T'Challa , the Black Panther!" Zuri held out a bowl that contained something in it.

That's dope, he gets some soup before the fight to the death.

"The Prince will now have the strength of the Black Panther stripped away." Zuri poured the solution into T'Challa's mouth.

Okay so not soup.

T'Challa reacted violently, choking on the red fluid. I was concerned and on edge watching him struggle.

T'Challa spasmed, his veins expanding and his muscles contracting as the poison spread through him, But soon, he stopped shaking and exhaled easy. Zuri turned towards us.

"Damaku." Zuri said, I only just began learning Xhosa and I don't speak it well so I don't understand."

Damaku." Everyone but me repeated.

"Victory in ritual combat comes by yield or death . If any tribe wishes to put forth a warrior, I now offer a path to the throne." Zuri motioned his arms to T'challa.

The Merchant Tribe Warrior called out. "The Merchant Tribe will NOT challenge today."

One down, Three to go.

W'kabi, the head of the Border Tribe called out. "The Border tribe will NOT challenge today." Fantastic, no death today.

Nakia called out, representing the River Tribe. Oh please I don't want to see them fight. "The River Tribe will NOT challenge today."

One more.
The Mining Tribe Warrior called out. "The Mining Tribe will NOT challenge today."

I almost clapped my hands in joy but I calmed myself, clasped my hands and brought down my smile.

"Is there any member of royal blood who wishes to challenge for the throne?" Zuri glanced around.

Shuri raised her hand and a collective gasp is heard amongst the entire gathering.
"Shuri what the hell are you doing." I whispered to her.

"This corset is really uncomfortable. So could we all just wrap it up and go home?" Shuri clapped her hands and Ramonda, the Queen Mother pinched her. The elders groaned, me included.

I looked over to T'challa, he had a smile and he shook his head. he also gave me a reassuring nod because I probably have an intense emotion on my face.

The smile was cut short when loud drumming and shouting was heard from the left of us.

Is this apart of it or is it something bad?

All of a sudden six warriors unlike I ever seen stepped out of the shadows. Two drummers also were behind them.

They had wooden armor and weapons. I thought every weapon in Wakanda was vibranium or very strong at least.

They look muscly and intense so I don't think weapons matter.

Some of the Dora warriors seemed to close in on Shuri, The queen mother, and me. I'm guessing they're not good?

Okoye tapped me, signaling to be ready for an attack.

Shuri turned to her mother. "Are they Jabari?" Jabari sounds like a badass name, but why would they try and attack us with wooden weapons? It makes no sense.

"Yes." Queen Ramona answered Shuri.

Zuri moved closer to confront one the the Jabari, he looked like the leader. "M'Baku. What are you doing here?!"

M'baku sounds like a tough guy name, is this another tribe or something worst?

"It's challenge day." He gave a smirk to Zuri and the turned to us.

"We have watched and listened from the mountains. We have watched with disgust, as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child-" all the Dora near us moved their spears and pointed them at M'Baku.

"-who scoffs at tradition and another child is in your army!" He pointed his spear at me and Shuri.

"Excuse me, who are you calling a chil-" Shuri pulled me back. Ayo stepped in front of us, I guess to protect us but I can handle this guy.

Trust me.

"And now...you want to hand the nation over to this prince..." M'baku got nose to nose with T'challa. "Who could not even keep his own father safe."

That did it. I moved to get around Ayo but then Okoye saw me. COME ON!

"Don't worry, T'challa can handle this, Don't waste your strength." Okoye whispered.

"Fine." I replied back

"Hmm? We will not have it. I said we will not have it!.... I, M'Baku, leader of the Jabari." He continued.

"I accept your challenge, M'Baku." T'challa looked at him with no fear, he's what a king should be.

"Glory to Hanuman." M'Baku said and stepped further into the water to prepare.

Zuri put the Panther mask on T'Challa and M'Baku grinned and placed a wooden Gorilla mask over his face. Why wooden? Wood is the worst type of weapon you can have. It's 2016 come on dude.

M'Baku clenched his fist and called out for his Jabari soldiers to form a semicircle behind him, pointing their spears at his back.

T'Challa lifted his hand and called out for the Dora, who fell into place behind him, making a perfect cIrcle of spears surrounding the two fighters.

I gulped and wanted to close my eyes but I can't. I have to watch and cheer T'Challa on.

Zuri raised his hand, ill-at-ease. "Let the challenge begin!"

The warriors clashed both with amazing skills. I know T'Challa trained for years since he was a boy and probably so did M'Baku.

I kinda feel bad for the Jabari, they hide in the mountains all alone. Wait I'm technically doing that too.

M'Baku had obvious superior strength, T'Challa eluded a salvo of swings, then was driven back by the tip of M'Baku's spear against his shield.

Ah shields, I like working with shields during training. I can throw them far but I am always told to use them to protect myself rather then use it as a weapon. Thanks dad.

T'Challa Knocked M'Baku's spear free and then M'Baku hammered T'Challa onto his back but he instantly sprung up to dodge more attacks and countered with insane kicks.

Shuri noticed my uncomfortableness and she took my hand, she was also shaking a bit.

I don't have siblings but I can imagine what it's like in her shoes. She's scared that her brother will die or not become king.

I wonder if M'Baku wins, will he send me back to America? No T'Challa will win, he has too.

M'Baku spitted up blood and banged his chest. The rest of the Jabari warriors responded. T'Challa saluted the crowd and they responded louder then the Jabari.

M'Baku charged at T'Challa, knuckle-walking and slipping his assault, T'Challa grabbed M'Baku's spear and cartwheeled over it to land another Kick.

If I could step in I would, I could freeze this whole small pool of water...but I can't.

The two continued to battle, blocking and both throwing powerful strikes, until M'Baku delivers a backhand that knocked T'Challa off his feet near the Dora's spears.

With the deadly spears at his back, T'Challa blocked overhead blows with his shield. M'Baku leaned with all his strength attempting to impale T'Challa with the tip of his spear.

"Come on T'Challa! you're so strong even without your powers!" I yelled.

Clubbing M'Baku to his heels, T'Challa rushed forward for an aerial attack only to be met by a kick to the chest, causing him to lose both his shield and spear.

"Where is your God now?" M'Baku yelled and mocked T'Challa, Defenseless, T'Challa dodged the spear swipes before M'Baku corralled him into a bear hug and delivered a headbutt to his face.

M'Baku laughed through his mask. "No powers. No claws. No special suit, oh! Just a boy, not fit to lead."

I closed my eyes and clenched my fists, Hazel you didn't come all this way and went though all that training to lose it now. T'Challa will win.

Frost covered my hands but I focused on them and it went away.

I heard Ramonda cheering from beside Shuri, "Show him who you are!"

T'Challa suddenly found strength in his mother's voice. He shook off the headbutt, stunning M'Baku with a elbow to the face so he could free himself.

M'Baku retaliated, stabbing T'Challa's shoulder with the end of his staff. I let out a gasp as blood ran down his shoulder.

"I am prince T'Challa! Son of king T'Chaka!" He yelled as blood dripped out of his mouth.

"You can do this T'Challa!" Shuri yelled.

"T'Challa Come on! You got it!" I yelled as well to cheer him on.

T'Challa wedged M'Baku's spear under his foot and pulled M'Baku to the pool, flipping his body into the water. M'Baku tried to fight, but couldn't escape.

"Yield! Don't make me kill you!" T'Challa exclaimed, You could tell that he didn't want to kill him.

"I would rather die!" M'Baku gasped for air, you could also tell he didn't want to die. T'Challa tightened his grip and M'Baku eyes began to fade.

M'Baku stop being such a hard head and yield please.

"What would the proud Jabari do without you?"
T'Challa tightened his legs and arms around him further. "You have fought with honor, now yield! Your people need you!"

M'Baku looks up at the Jabari warriors .

"Yield, man!" T'Challa yelled out again.

M'Baku grudgingly reached out and tapped T'Challa. I let out a breath and smiled in relief.

T'challa lets him go and he is barely able to stand himself as Zuri stepped forward.

The crowd erupted as he was struggling to catch his breath, T'Challa proudly lifted his arm.

"I now present to you, King T'Challa the Black Panther!" Zuri announced.

Shuri hugged me and I laughed with glee, I knew he could do it.

"Wakanda forever!" He yelled and the arena echoed the phrase emphatically.

I cheered and clapped my hands. I had a proud look on my face as T'Challa gave me a smile back.

This chapter is 2080 words, and it's the reason why it took longer I guess. Also some dramatic things happened but eh it's over now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 428 41
Adopted daughter of genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist Tony Stark and sister to the famous capsicle Steve Rogers. Annabelle had the worl...
57.8K 1K 23
When the infamous black widow and the winter soldier gets a child while under the red room and hydra, things get intense when Alexander Pierce alread...
13.2K 355 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
1.5K 71 7
Captain America: The Winter Soldier x Fem!Reader. After the events of New York, Y/n adjusts to living a superhero life even though she isn't technica...