FSA journals: Trapped in her...

By flawedsaphire

A good, uninhibited, spoilt life. Normally that should be pleasant but not to Serena. She wants to experience... More

Message from the Author
Rage + Serena = trouble
A strange Proposal
Revenge gone wrong
A partial change of heart
Storm brewing
Storm over my paradise
My dilemma
The Re-lit fire
Second Chances
Bed of roses , pillows of thorns
Conflicting Emotions
A bid to clear my name
Cross roads
The silver lining
A Civil punishment
A trip down memory lane
Haunting Past
Confined!
Fond Memories
Past vs Present
Confrontations
Disco turned Brawl
Discussions
Consequence
Consequence (part 2)
Opinions
Struggling
Important A/N
Revealed!
Hurt
Defeated
Its not what it seems
I'm done

My world cant fall apart!

743 29 5
By flawedsaphire

Serena (POV)

So the biology teacher, Sir  Dorinbert, continues to babble on about something pertaining to the human anatomy but all that's on my mind is Drake .

My amazing boyfriend, for officially a year today . The mere thought of him sent ripples of excitement down my spine . Yes, I know I should be paying attention but I'm how do I put it?  Oh yeah lovesick.

Starring intently at the round, wall clock facing the class, I wish so badly here and now that  I had the power to make time move faster, never mind a rift in the space time continuum. What can I say?  I'm selfish, love does that to you plus this non ending biology class is seriously beginning to bore me stiff. 

Cling!  the school bell rings to indicate recess . Quickly finishing up my doodle of Drake and my name written in cursive hand and in the background two cupids holding bows and arrows aim at the heart with our names . I'm no artist but it turned out pretty darn good . I gave myself a mental pat on the back and stuff it in a file that contained my collection of doodles.

I picked my books and exited the science lab . While walking, guys attempt to stop me with the use of worn out pick up lines to which I brush off rudely .

Don't judge me! I'm in love (imagine me saying that in a sing song voice ) . Arriving at my locker, I enter the code quickly. Shoving my books in my locker, I slammed the locker door shut with a loud bang! I winced and apologised to those who were near "sorry" .

I had to, it was really loud, walking towards the cafeteria down the hallway I giggle to myself . I wonder what he got for our anniversary? For our three month anniversary he took me to the circus, I had never been there before, my parents never had the time and I really wanted to go .

For our six month anniversary, he took me to a waterfall, Boti falls in the Eastern region to be more precise, it was beautiful . All in all he'd out done himself in the past I really hope he blows my mind away with this one .

He seemed off these few weeks, im sure hes going all out for this one .  While walking to the cafeteria, it hits me. Where in hell is Addie?  I'm sure she's around somewhere. I don't know I'm too upbeat to worry.  I feel gittery all over when i think of him, DRAKE!

I go to a first class private school  called Premier Etoile Academie, in Tema the port city in Accra, Ghana  only well to do teens come here .

Soon the cafeteria doors are in sight, I pick up my pace to enable me get to Drake fast . He always hangs out with his friends after first period in the cafeteria . I spot him in the east end of the Hall,  with a girl. Not his friends but a girl .I walk toward them confused, why are they eating together?

With a frown I walk in on them chatting up a storm . By them I  mean my best friend and my boyfriend . I see Addie, that's Adriana and D,  my pet name for Drake all cozy chatting up a storm, so much so they don't acknowledge my presence .

It was strange to see them together I felt a pang of jealousy and then I remembered she's practically a sister to me .

I let it slide and while bending down, I enveloped him from behind in a hug that was so intense I felt I would melt .

God I missed him!  To think its only been a few hours since I last saw him .

He turned around and he looked into my eyes, for a minute I felt he would kiss me but sadly he didn't. We win some and we lose some. He stood up, removing my arms from his torso he spun around to face me and hugged me back .

He was so tall for a seventeen year old 5'11 to be exact, therefore my head was resting on his chest and his chin on the crown of my head.  His skin was soft to touch but still firm and its tone reminded me of milk chocolate.

Golden tree milk chocolate to be exact .

He had light brown eyes and don't get me started on his manly scent.

I broke away from his grasp, grabbing hold of his hand I  dragged him away, i just wanted him all to myself.

While walking, I remembered, Shoot! Addie! I stopped in my tracks  and turned around to face her . I mouthed a 'sorry' and signaled Addie that she please forgive me and that I'd call her later to give her the details .

Upon exiting the back door of the cafeteria that led outside and toward the back of the school, we were greeted by  the warm heat of the African sun, after being in an air conditioned area for so long we welcomed it .

Holding my hand, D took me to the school's garden, that was currently off limits as the principal insisted, the beauty of the garden would be ruined if we the students were allowed in .

Nonetheless we were allowed to take  strolls occasionally in the Campos garden , D  befriended the gardener popularly known as Baba Ali, he was a gruesome looking man and as such his purpose as a watchdog was fulfilled without a hitch . His face alone was deterrent enough.

I guess D was his only friend so he was a bit lenient and let us in after classes .

It was my favorite thing to do after school my day seemed incomplete without it . We sat on a bench under a huge mango tree right in the center of it all and started chatting away on our individual daily activities, struggles and problems .

Strangely enough he wasn't listening to me, he seemed off lately but still he always listened . Now he wasn't just off, his mind seemed far away, far away from me and I got worried.

He always paid attention to me, he was that kinda boyfriend .

I scooted a bit closer to him on the lover's bench we were sharing.  I asked him what was wrong . He started twiddling his thumbs and bitting his lower lip he only did that when he felt guilty about something . So now I was really worried, had he forgotten our anniversary?

I asked him again and I knew he wouldn't lie to me .  

He sat as though he were the popular sculpture nicknamed 'the thinker' his hand in a fist supporting his chin and his elbow being supported by his thigh . He swallowed, hesitating but continued "babe I think I like Addie and I've been trying to get rid of it but its difficult, I tried avoiding her but it was no use, I couldn't stop thinking about her " .

He said not meeting my gaze, sighing soon after he  faced me, his full lips pursed in a straight line.

"I'm sorry" he said guilt clear in his eyes.

For a minute I thought I heard wrong so I said "pardon" and he replied

"I think I'm falling for Addie "

he must have noticed my confused look  as he continued

"Addie ,your best friend "

I couldn't believe my ears , what the hell was he saying? He likes my bestie!  I felt rage, irritation and jealousy fill me all at once . How dare he tell me so plainly? I'm not surprised he never could keep anything from me .

I cut our conversation short as I really couldn't stand his presence right now, I feigned a headache and made my way to the parking lot and drove myself home, not caring that i just cut an entire day of class .

My mom sent me a text earlier  saying I supervise the maids while they  cleaned my mother's expensive silver, they did it monthly .

My mum was strangely fussy about details, also i should make sure my lil twin sisters were fed, bathed and help with their home work while I'm at it . Believe it or not I'm extremely responsible when it comes to my sisters.

I did it as quickly as I could and went to bed . I couldn't even sleep a wink . All I could think about was D 's admission to me, I tossed and turned, again and again until I myself felt dizzy .

I didn't call Addie, I was seriously pissed off with her . I wonder if she provoked it?

The next morning I fixed myself up
and I drove over to her house and picked her up, I've never been so fake in my entire life smiling and laughing with her all the while wishing I could squeeze the life out of her .

I felt bad too,  she's been my bestie since the 7th grade , my ride or die chick, my P.I.C - partner in crime . It really hurt to think that she could do that to me  . I had to know how she felt about D .

"Addie do you agree that D is totally hot? "

she said

"yeah totally" strike one .

" like would you date him?" I said looking expectantly at her briefly and returning to the task at hand . Driving

"sure but like he's with you right now "

Her answer was too vague, just to be clear I asked

"but you would?"

" yeah ",  strike two  .

"If I didn't exist would you date him?" I really needed her answer, it would make or break this  friendship.

"Serena why are you interrogating me like this? what's up with  you?" She asked turning in her seat to face me.

  "nothing just curious." I said not turning to look  her in the eye. All the while I felt my heart break into a million pieces and my blood boil at the thought of the two of them together .

Lord help me control myself . I can't blame Addie. D is so hopelessly attractive anyone could fall for him . I had to do something to make him wake up,  I had to remind him that I am Serena Anderson and i can have whoever I want in that school so he better sit up or get lost . But what?  .......

Authors note

End of my first chapter please keep reading and voting and help spread the word, Thank you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 19
Unveiling the Fortunes and Trials of becoming an Accidental Heiress
6.5K 814 47
Lotanna wanted to be in love, always fantasizing about a happy marriage and a house full of kids. She never expected to turn pregnant when she met 't...
636K 33.5K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
30.3K 1.7K 53
River, the Italian Mafia princess runs away from home after finding out she's being married off to the son of the head of the Russian mafia in order...