The Forgotten Daughter Left t...

By SweetNerdyCookie

Before Captain America/Steve Rogers went into the ice on April of 1945, Peggy and him met up in his hotel roo... More

Jocelyn Carter/Rogers
Prologue: Origin of Jocelyn
Chapter 1: Making a Friend and School
Chapter 2: Hydra's Attack
Info on Jocey's Captivity in Hydra
Chapter 4: Moving On
Chapter 5: Strucker and.... Bucky?
Chapter 6: Getting New Powers
Chapter 7: Steve's Discovery of His Daughter
Chapter 8: Meeting the Maximoff Twins and Learning about the Avengers
Chapter 9: Attack on the Sokovia Base
Chapter 10: Freedom in the Sokovia Streets
Chapter 11: Meeting and Teaming Up With Ultron
Chapter 12: Getting Vibranium and The Fight
Chapter 13: Clint's Safehouse and the Argument
Chapter 14: Finding Out Ultron's Plan
A/n
Remake is Here

Chapter 3: First Year of Captivity

15.9K 306 353
By SweetNerdyCookie

Day One

Jocey woke up with an agonizing headache and fluttered her eyes. For a moment, she forgot what happened.

"Did I party too much when I was home alone and fell asleep. No. Wait! Oh my God! I've been kidnapped by some armored men and a bald guy! How long have I been here? What do they want from me?What's going to happen to me!?" she panicked in her mind.

She was in a dark room, and she couldn't see a thing. The only source of light was through the metal bar window. She looked through the light and saw that the shrapnel that was in her left leg was gone and stitched up. She laid on the cold, hard, solid ground which made her back ache. Jocey quickly got up and observed the area of her prison.

The cell was three and a half meters tall, five meters long, and four meters wide. The walls were made of granite bricks, and there was dry blood on them. It was freezing and wet in the cell. Jocey could hear water dripping down somewhere. The cell also smelled like piss, sweat, and death as Jocey put a hand over her mouth to prevent the smell from entering her nostrils.

Jocey rummaged around the walls to feel if any bricks were  loose and could break free of it. Unfortunately, all the bricks were still as a board.

"Hello?" she said. "Is anyone there?" No answer.

Jocey then slid down into a corner until she sat down. Her knees strapped to her chest, arms wrapped around them , and face hidden in them. Sobs wracked through her body.

Jocey started to reflect on her whole life and went back to some fond memories: Owen and her playing on a playground, working on self-defense with her mother and the Howling Commandos, Uncle Howard talking about meeting a girl named Maria, learning about her father through history, and her mother kissing her good night. She can't see them anymore. Her freedom is gone. Gone because of the bad men.

"My life is stolen and I'm not even ten years yet. I want my mom. I wish I agreed with my mom. Mom please help me. Dad?" Jocey thought.

She continued to cry for two hours until exhaustion came and she fell asleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Five

It's been five days since Jocey had been kidnapped and, her body was starting get weak due to the lack of nutrition and hydration. She wondered if S.H.I.E.L.D was trying to find her or the police. Her mother must be worried. It's probably going to take a while to find her since there really wasn't that much evidence to find where Jocey was kidnapped except for a destroyed house and a missing daughter. She couldn't give up hope though.

During her first few days of captivity, Jocey did many activities to pass the time: counting all the bricks on the wall and blood stains, listening to water dripping down, looking through the barred window to see if anything or anyone was there, singing or humming to herself quietly, reminiscing about the past, and sometimes even make her own choreography.

Footsteps were heard all of a sudden; outside from Jocey's cell. Jocey tensed, preparing for anything to come in her cell.

A slot, that was built within the cell door, opened. A tray that had a cup of soup, bread, and a cup of water slid into the cell. Then, the footsteps began stomping the other way.

Jocey hesitated to eat the food, worried that someone poisoned or drugged it, but she was so hungry and thirsty that she couldn't resist. She grabbed the tray and ate swiftly off of the ground, not caring if she looked like an animal.

After she was finished with her meal, Jocey walked to the cell door and thanked the person who gave her the food even though they were gone.

She curled into a ball, trying to find warmth in the cold cell and fell asleep once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Six

The cell door unlocked, waking Jocey up. A dim light was shone through the door, blinding the girl for a second. The door opened to reveal the bald man with glasses, standing in the doorway along with two black armored men.

"Hello little Jocelyn," the bald man said. "I am Doctor Arnim Zola. My apologies for wrecking your house, but I really needed you for the experiment I trying to create." His hands gestured as the two hydra agents grabbed Jocey and dragged her out of the cell.

Jocey struggled to get out of the men's grip but she realized that it's useless because of their gauntlets, giving them extra strength; strength that was stronger than hers.

She heard about Arnim Zola during a history lecture of World War II. He was a mad scientist working for Hydra until the Allies captured him. There was something about him that creeped her out, but she didn't know what it was until now. His mind. "How did he escape?" thought Jocey.

"I thought Hydra died went Red Skull died," Jocey claimed looking down at the ground.

"You are wrong, fräulien," Zola replied. He crouched down to Jocey's diminutive height. Jocey hated that she was short and was below the average height of an eight year old girl.
"S.H.I.E.L.D had offered me a job at the Operation Paperclip, a program that employed more than 1,500 Nazi German scientists, engineers, and technicians to S.H.I.E.L.D. I used that job to rebuild Hydra."

"No," Jocey cried in disbelief. "That's not true! S.H.I.E.L.D would never offer employment to evil people like you."

"I'm afraid it's true, little Jocelyn," Zola said.

They continued to walk out of the jailhouse and into a lab. When they got to the lab, Jocey was appalled at what she saw.

Owen was there with his mother, both glaring at her.

"Owen," she yelled with confusion. "Hello Jocey or should I say Captain America's little bitch," Owen replied.

"Wha-." "When I first heard that Captain Rogers had an offspring, I was overjoyed. I decided to watch you over the years, to see what you were like, and I must say you did not disappoint me. Thanks to Owen, my Hydra spy," Zola interrupted.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" Jocey yelled trying to break out of the armored men's grip. Owen smirked at her.

"Hydra needed you, Jocey. I did like spending time with you though. Manipulating you to think I was your only friend. Your voice and dancing is still pretty though. Too bad you're not going to fulfill your dreams as a performer. Also, my asthma was a hoax." Owen and his mother then yelled, "Hail Hydra" and exited the lab.

"I HOPE WHEN S.H.I.E.L.D FINDS HYDRA AND RESCUE ME , YOU DIE IN A FIRE! BOTH OF YOU!" Jocey yelled, tears rolling down her cheeks. She was heartbroken. The only person besides her mother, Uncle Howard, and S.H.I.E.L.D who was a friend to her had been a Hydra agent all along, getting information.

"I'm afraid that S.H.I.E.L.D won't find you fräulein," Zola said. "We are far, far, far away from your pitiful home. Where no on can find you."

"What do you want with me?" Jocey demanded with bravery, but a little fear in her voice.

"You are the main key I was looking for. I tried recreating Abraham Erskine's super soldier serum, but my attempts have been flawed. Fortunately, with your father giving the super soldier serum to you, I can use your blood to create more super soldiers so Hydra can be unstoppable," Zola explained.

The men sat the girl down the table, putting the restraints on her, so she won't escape. Zola got out a butterfly needle with a pint bag. Jocey started squirming. She can handle having needles in her, but being experimented she could not.

"Just relax, little Jocelyn. It will be quick and it will hurt less if you relax," Zola said. A henchman held her face as the needle pierced through the skin of Jocey's neck. She winced as some of her blood was transferred into the pint bag.

"Thank you fräulein. Take her to the showers and clean her up," Zola ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jocey returned to her cell, all cleaned up with a hospital gown on her. The guards gave her another meal.

She sat down and ate, hating that she had to strip and shower in front of Zola's henchmen. Fortunately, none of them looked at her with lust.

Jocelyn then finished her meal and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2nd, 1954

Jocey sat in her new prison cell. It was a big upgrade to her previous one. The cell was bigger, without any blood or foul odor, and there was light. It had a bed with a moderate comfortable mattress, pillow, and blanket, and a bathroom was added. She was given books to read because Jocey asked Zola if she could still be educated and he accepted. There was also a TV for Jocey to listen to, but it was very old.

Over the next few months, Jocey has been nothing but a lab rat. Her blood constantly getting taken by Zola to see how they can use it to create the next super soldier serum. Zola failed a few times, but attempted to keep going, getting more and more of Jocey's blood.

Jocey fought for the first two months, but stopped when she knew she couldn't defeat them or achieve anything. She didn't give up hope, however. She believed that S.H.I.E.L.D will take down Hydra, and God will protect her.

The cell door opened and two Hydra henchmen came in. Jocey obediently got up and went with the Hydra henchmen as they escorted her to the lab.

"Good morning fräulein," Zola greeted. "I have some good news for you."

"What's the good news, Zola?" Jocey asked annoyed, glaring at him.

"Thanks to you, I have finally made a successful super soldier serum. It's not as powerful as Erskine's original, but it will do."

"So, does that mean I'm no longer any use to you, and you'll kill me?" Jocey questioned.

"Kill you? No, little Jocelyn. I still have other things for you. You will be a great Hydra asset, and reform great training as a way to serve us," Zola explained. "Take her to the Memory Suppressing Machine to brainwash her."

"NO!" Jocey shouted. She tried to kick the henchmen's guts and legs, but one tossed her over his shoulder, restraining her. "KILL ME! JUST KILL ME, YOU BASTARD. I WILL NEVER BE A SLAVE TO HYDRA! I FIGHT TIL I DIE!" She continued to scream as the men dragged her to the machine. Whatever it was, it wasn't friendly, and Jocey had to resist that machine from torturing her.

The men strapped her to the machine, putting a mouth guard on her to prevent her from biting her tongue. The clamps of the machine were strapped to Jocey's head. Jocey started to cry quietly.

"Proceed," Zola commanded.

Electric currents were sent through Jocey's head, giving her intense pain. She screamed in agony, her hands clutching the machine. She started to squirm, attempting to escape the machine. Tears were pouring out of her eyes.

In Jocey's mind she felt some memories starting to become blurry, and some of the earliest ones disappearing. "No!" she screamed in her mind. "I must not let them brainwash me! I'm in charge of my mind, memories, and who I am! They will not break me and mold me into something evil!"

"Just give up. They've already won, and the pain will go away," another voice said in her mind.

"No. I can't let them win. I will resist in anyway I can. I have to keep up hope that S.H.I.E.L.D will stop Hydra, and I will treasure all the memories I can!" her own voice fought back.

"You will lose."

"No, I won't!"

"You are just a weak little girl."

"No, I am not, and GET OUT OF MY HEAD, YOU MONSTER!!"

Jocey screamed at the top of her lungs. The electric currents stopped, and the clamps on her head retracted. Jocey was breathing heavily, her head pounding, and body exhausted.

"Are you ready to comply, fräulein?" Zola asked.

Jocelyn turned to Zola, giving him the most hatred look she could muster. "Never," she hissed.

"You will soon, little Jocelyn. Take her back to the cell," he ordered.

The guards threw her into the cell, where Jocey crawled into her bed and let darkness claim her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 5th, 1955

Jocey laid in her bed, reading a book about foreign language. She had been in captivity for one year. During the rest of the year, Hydra attempted to brainwash her many times, but the strong girl managed to resist the machine. Still, Zola did not give up in making her an asset to Hydra. She was given intense training in martial arts, resistance in interrogation, marksmanship, spying, and a history lesson of Hydra. All of the people in Hydra who would train would often physically and verbally abuse her. Her hygiene and care were semi moderate. She was given three small meals a day, allowed to shower three times a week, and brush her teeth and hair everyday.

Her cell door opened and in stepped Zola and Hydra Henchmen. Jocey glowered at them for a moment before walking to them. The guards once again escorted her into Zola's lab, where she saw a weird chamber.

"What's that?" Jocey asked.

"That is a cryostasis chamber. A chamber that freezes people and put them, you can say... hibernation. We will be freezing you so you will not age. I don't know when you will be out, but you will soon," Zola explained. "Guards, put her in."

Jocey started struggling but was weak due to her last beating from her training. The guards put restraints in the chamber and slammed the door. She looked through the screen and saw Zola push a button on the panel of the chamber. Ice started to freeze in the chamber, making her cold. She started to loose conscious.

"I will see you soon, fräulein," a voice whispered until Jocey fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 4.3K 57
[previously titled 'melted ice' and 'silent angel' ] It's been 50 years since you've seen the light of day. Your mother hid you from the world knowin...
216K 5.6K 56
Y/N Stark. You are the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Born in 1990, by a twenty year old Tony Stark. You don't know who your mother is...she was...
797 62 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
407K 12.9K 134
Y/N was abducted as a young girl to be forced under Hydra's experiments. Years later you escape, but not after being permanently traumatized to the...