As If (Draco Malfoy x Reader)...

By TheLeafyKing

To be honest, if she were given the choice between kissing and killing Draco Malfoy, a Slytherin boy in her y... More

Before We Begin
Prologue: Letters
Chapter the First: Express
Chapter the Second: Slytherin
Chapter the Third: Potions
Chapter the 4.5: Home
Chapter the Fifth: Coincidences
Chapter the 5.5: Cambry
Chapter 5.55: Response
Chapter the Sixth: Others
Chapter the Seventh: Halloween

Chapter the Fourth: Hello

25 1 2
By TheLeafyKing

A/N: Okay guys we may not get to Draco x Reader parts for a while cause I'm just having too much fun with plot and character development, so like, please don't kill me or anything and enjoy!!!

"Y/n!" Daniel called. "Y/n, wait!"

Y/n paused and looked back at him. He caught up to her, and then they continued to walk the corridors of the castle in silence. 

"I'm sorry about Draco," Daniel said. 

"Don't be," Y/n replied. "Not your fault."

There was another quick silence, and then Daniel asked, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she replied. "Just a bit frustrated, that's all."

"I think you mean outraged but okay." She didn't respond to this. 

They didn't really talk any more after that, but they headed outside to sit by the lake. They had the whole afternoon off, so they spent it all outside. Daniel laid in the grass while Y/n picked flowers and tore all of their petals off. 

Y/n heard soft snoring. She looked over at Daniel, who had fallen asleep in the soft green grass. She smiled. She couldn't blame him for falling asleep. The gentle breeze and the warm sunlight were very soothing, after all.

She picked a few more flowers and then began to weave them into an intricate flower crown, something she'd sat and done for hours with the little Muggle girls she babysat. When she finished, she collected all of the flower petals that she'd pulled off earlier. She giggled at how simply unaware Daniel was as she held her hands over Daniel's face and dropped the petals. 

He stirred awake and looked confused for a second. He then sat up and shook his head, scattering the petals everywhere. "Why'd you do that?!" She burst into laughter, and, after a second, so did he.

"Here, I made you this," Y/n said, placing the pretty flower crown atop his head. The white daisies contrasted beautifully with his curly black hair and bluish-gray eyes. He smiled. "There. Wonderful."

"How fabulous do I look?" Daniel asked, striking a pose. They both laughed again. 

"Eleven out of ten," Y/n responded. 

When the sun began to set and it was almost time for dinner, they headed back up to the castle. On the way up, they ran into Ron and Harry. Daniel began to talk with Harry about who knows what, and Ron and Y/n walked side by side silently. 

After a minute or two, Ron muttered something that Y/n couldn't quite hear. 

"I'm sorry," she said. "Could you repeat that? I didn't catch what you said."

Ron looked from his feet up to Y/n. "I'm sorry. About, er, about calling you mental earlier. I didn't really mean it. Sorry."

Y/n glanced at him and then back ahead. "It's fine," she replied. "It hurt a bit, but it doesn't matter. I was kind of wrong, too. Well, at least about one of them."

"One of them? What do you mean? Who are you talking about?"

"I... Daniel and Draco."

"Draco?"

"Malfoy."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I thought that maybe Draco wasn't so bad, you know, like a lot of other Slytherins. But he's kind of... the worst of them, I suppose."

"What happened?"

"Well, when we were leaving Potions today, I heard him talking about Harry. Said that Harry deserved to be treated the way Snape treated him if he's going to make friends with people like you. Well, his exact words were "like Weasley", and I'm included in that, too, so I was a little more offended about that part."

Ron's face contorted. "That bloody-"

"Ron!" Y/n interrupted. "It doesn't matter."

"But if he's going to be talking about Harry like that-"

"If who's going to be talking about me how?" Harry suddenly asked. Y/n and Ron looked back at him, surprised. 

"Oh," Y/n said. "Nothing. It, er, it doesn't matter." Daniel gave her a knowing look, and she fidgeted a little bit.

"Well, I feel like I deserve to hear it if it's about me," Harry replied. 

Y/n bit her lip. "Well... Draco Malfoy was... he was talking about how you deserved the treatment you got in Potions because you're friends with... well, us."

"Oh," Harry said. They all walked in silence the rest of the way to the castle. 

At dinner, Y/n sat, just picking at the food on her plate. She occasionally glanced up to glare at Draco- no, she wasn't going to call him by his first name anymore, he didn't deserve it- Malfoy. He looked so unconcerned by anything, though. She looked back down at her plate, which was still very full. 

"Y/n, why aren't you eating?" Percy questioned. "Eat. You can't be starving yourself here, that's not good. Is there something wrong?"

"No," Y/n mumbled. She stabbed a piece of chicken with her fork and put it in her mouth. Satisfied, Percy went back to his own food. 

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" Hermione asked from Y/n's other side. "It really seems like there is something bothering you."

"It's nothing. I'm fine. Just a bit annoyed." Y/n glanced back up to the Slytherin table and made eye contact with Daniel. He cocked his head toward Malfoy, rolled his eyes dramatically, and then smiled. She grinned. 

Hermione looked over at Daniel, as well, and then back at Y/n. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah," Y/n said. "His name is Daniel. We talked on the boats."

"Oh!" Hermione exclaimed. "Is that the boy that you were talking about a couple of days ago? The one that got sorted into Slytherin?"

"Yeah."

"He seems nice."

"He is nice." Y/n glanced back up at him. He was aiming a spoon at Malfoy's head. She laughed. Hermione joined in when she saw what was going on, and then Daniel looked over at them again and grinned. 

When dinner was over, she walked up to the Gryffindor common room with Hermione. They debated whether Transfiguration or Defense Against the Dark Arts was the better class- Hermione for Transfiguration and Y/n for Defense Against the Dark Arts. 

They entered the first-year girls' dormitory to see Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown crowded around Y/n's pillow. They were whispering, apparently very excited. The whispering stopped, however, when Y/n closed the dormitory door, and they looked up at her. 

"What's going on? What're you two doing around my bed?" Y/n questioned. 

"Come look," Lavender replied. "Someone's left you something."

Curiosity piqued, Y/n made her way over to the bed. "Who would have...?" 

On her pillow was a tiny envelope with her name written on it in fancy lettering. 

"I dunno," Parvati said. "Just open it!"

Y/n picked up the small envelope. She tore it open, and out fell a little daisy and a slip of paper that said,

ℌ𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬

"It just says hello," Y/n announced. She inspected it to see if there was anything else at all written on it, but there was nothing. "And the only other thing that came with it was this daisy." She lifted it up for the other girls to see. Lavender and Parvati squealed. 

"You have a secret admirer, Y/n!" Parvati said. 

"That's odd," Hermione said in a thoughtful tone. "How would they have gotten it up here? The window's been closed all day, and there are enchantments against anyone other than Gryffindor girls coming up here."

"How do you know that?" Lavender asked in awe. 

"It's in Hogwarts, a History," she replied simply. "It's only briefly mentioned, however."

"Well, where there's a will, there's a way," Parvati said. "Who cares about how they did it? I just want to know who did it."

Y/n looked back at the daisy in her hand. Suddenly, she remembered the daisy crown she'd woven for Daniel that afternoon. It couldn't be from him, could it? He couldn't be her secret admirer, could he?

Hey guys, what's up?! You guessed it- the sky!!!

Man, I had a whole bunch of inspiration last night. You guys really got lucky. This chapter is still kinda short, tho...

WHATEVER! I really hope that you all enjoy my writing. This can be some pretty grueling work. I kinda don't want to do it sometimes, but then STORY!!!! I love writing stories if you couldn't tell. What? You thought I wrote this just for you???

I mean, yes. But also me. I like the story. I'm having a ball here writing it. It's fantastic.

I feel like maybe I should come up with some sort of pet name for you readers. Should I? Yes? No? Comment. 

Who do you think the mysterious note was from? Comment.

Am I really okay? Comment. 

PUBLISH TIME!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 69 19
I didn't want to be here with him. I didn't want to have to do this with him, let alone FOR him. And then I did the stupidest thing of all. I fell...
1.9K 25 17
"The thing you need to understand about Draco Malfoy, is that he was fighting his own war, and he was very good at losing." ** What happens when a Ha...
3.7K 69 27
Your brother, Harry Potter absolutely hates the Malfoy's, Mainly Draco Malfoy. But you just can't seem to shake Draco from your head. You and Draco h...
2.9M 70K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...