The Brunet Next Door (Chanbae...

By sparksinfirelight

____________________ Wherein Chanyeol falls for the sassy and cold brunet next door who happens to be his chi... More

Prologue
Neighbor
Annoying People And An Unexpected Marriage
Developing Feelings
Unfolding The Past
Stitching And Colors
He Likes/Loves Him
Date On A Grocery Store
Valentines Escapade (Part 1)
Valentines Escaped (Part 2)
Not Everything Will Happen The Way You Want It To
Sudden Turn Of Events
Someone's Always Saying Goodbye
NOTE!!! (CONTAINS SOME EXPLANATION)
Part 2 Preview
We Meet Again
Let's Not Meet Again... Or Not
Gomenasaiii (NOTE)
Signs
You're Everywhere
Taste Of Jealousy
Midnight Autumn Breeze
Realization
Sing For You
HanSoo's Resolution
Words That Had Been Kept For Too Long
Confessions To Make
To One Of Our Peter Pans (A Message)
Back In Your Arms Again
Epilogue
Afterword (+ New stories ideas)
TBND Special Chapter #1
TBND Special Chapter #2
UNWRITTEN SCENES

Love Rival?!

358 33 4
By sparksinfirelight

Surprisingly, everything was alright and they're not awkward to each other after what happened on the balcony. And just like that, everything went back to normal. Chanyeol, bringing him frappe everyday. Baekhyun drinking it after doing his rounds. It has been their routine and somehow, the awkwardness between them was lessen.

Or it just seems that Baekhyun is good at pretending.

Yes, he feels twice more awkward than ever. That scene kept repeating over and over in his mind and hell, did he really did that? He was literally asking for a freaking kiss from his freaking ex! Just what the hell was he thinking.

It was just a spur of the moment, Baek. Nothing more, nothing less.

And the way Chanyeol looked into his eyes and told him that he loves him...

Baekhyun frantically shook his head to stop those stupid thoughts from crossing his mind. Even just for a split second, he never thought he would let his guard down. And why is he flustered until now?

"Mommy. is that guy crazy?" A child asked her mom as she sees Baaekhyun slapping himself. Her mother turned her head to prevent the child from seeing more of Baekhyun's nonsense.

"I've got to get a hold of myself." Baekhyun muttered. He sighed as he continues to walk while suppressing the urge to roll on the floor because of shame. He really needs to stop thinking about Chanyeol or else he will---

"Baekhyun!" Speaking of the devil

His heart raced and blood is rushing to his face. He quickly calmed himself and turned to Chanyeol. 

Holy shi--! He looks so hot when he's sweating!

"Remember what I told you the other day?" 

And he still smells so good~

He flinched when he felt a hand on his forehead.

"Are you sick? You're spacing out." Chanyeol asked.

He shook his head aggressively. "No, no, no! I mean--I am not sick. I w-was just thinking about t-things." He lowered his head tofacethe ground. Why the heck is he acting like a highschool girl?!

It seems that Chanyeol won't question him more, and he's thankful for that. "Oh well, but do you want to visit Hyeri now? We are both busy lately so I haven't had the chance to ask you to visit her together."

Baekhyun's eyes brightened. He happily nodded. "Yes! I would love to." Chanyeol smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Well then, let's go."

After a minute of walking, they reached Hyeri's room. Baekhyun gulped. He's excited to meet the girl Chanyeol was particularly fonded of. Chanyeol looked at him first and Baekhyun smiled in return.

 Chanyeol slowly opened the door and they were welcomed with a song enveloping the whole room. Hyeri was singing along with the song of different language.

"Kimi dayo, kimi nandayo~ oshiete kuretaa-- Chanyeol-oppa!" She paused what she was watching and greeted them with a smile. "You came!"

"How is our Hyeri? Still watching that anime again? You just finished it yesterday." 

"It was beautiful that's why I wanted to rewatch it." She then noticed another person inside the room. The moment she saw Baekhyun's face, her eyes lightened up even more.

"Baekhyun-oppa! I've been wanting to meet you!" Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and he nodded. 

"Hi, Hyeri. My name is Byun Baekhyun. I hope we can be friends." She motioned him to come closer and when he did, she hugged him. At first, Baekhyun was tensed but he relaxed and hugged her back. "You like Your Lie In April too?"

"Yes! I really cried at the ending!"

"Their final performance was so gorgeous yet sorrowful. I had goosebumps when I first watched it." 

Chanyeol chuckled as he watches them enjoy talking about that anime. He felt a little out of place though because he can't relate. He stared at Baekhyun who was glowing while talking to Hyeri. They got close in just a second. 

They then sang together. He heard Baekhyun sing back then but he never gets tired of his voice. 

"You know... Chanyeol-oppa always talked about you. He always told me how cute and adorable you are and how pretty your hands is and there was one time that he just wants to cup your cheeks and kiss you endle---"

"Yah, Jung Hyeri!" Chanyeol roared as his eyes widens because of embarrassment. 

Baekhyun was shocked to hear what Hyeri said. That means the girl knows about what happened to them, right? And it was embarrassing to know what Chanyeol thinks of him. His face heated up and didn't dare to look at the giant.

The atmosphere became awkward once again.

"I will go first, Baekhyun, Hyeri. It's almost time for my surgery. You can stay here for a while, Baek." He picked up his things and as he exits the room, Baekhyun stares at him.

"You still like him, don't you?"

Baekhyun flinched with the sudden question. He turned his gaze to Hyeri who's looking at him seriously. He sighed and a sad and confused expression crossed his face.

"To be honest... I don't know. It's just that I feel my heart flutter when he's around me but then I'm reminded of the past and the next thing I knew, I don't feel that anymore. It's really... confusing." He doesn't know why he's opening up to a 14 year old girl. She's too young to understand these kind of things.

Hyeri smiled at him. "You must be thinking that I'm too young to understand but believe me, spending most of my life here in the hospital, I have read countless of stories, watched thousands of movies, anime, and dramas and that gave me an idea how things work in the outside world." She sighed. "I also want to experience what other children does around this age but we all know that I can't..."

Baekhyun stared at her and tears were forming in his eyes. She chuckled.

"But! I'm actually happy and contended with this. I mean, I've become a nerd but oh well, who cares. What I want to say is that you can reach out to me when you're troubled. If you're confused about what you're feeling towards Chanyeol-oppa, I'm here to help you clear things out. To be honest, I'm glad that you both are willing to tell me things. Whatever happens, I will support both of you. Well, this is getting dramatic and only thinking about my situation more will make me cry. " She laughed and it doesn't have any trace of bitterness.

__

Baekhyun wanted to stay for a while but his break was ending soon. Hyeri assured him that she will be fine and after bidding goodbyes, he finally left the room.

He sighed as he thinks about what Hyeri told him. Maybe talking to her is what he needed. All he has to do is to wait for the right time and sort things out little by little.

Baekhyun was so deep into his thoughts that he didn't notice that he bumped into someone.

"Well, if it isn't Baekhyun." He looked up to see the man and to his surprise, it was the man he bumped into the other day.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. You kept bumping into me these days aren't you?" Siwon smirked.

Baekhyun blushed because of shyness. "Uh.. sorry again. And also, sorry for ruining your shirt. If you want to, I will replace it. I haven't asked for a proper forgiveness because of... stuff." He feels slightly uncomfortable with that Siwon man.

"I don't need a shirt though. But, I want something else from you." His grin made Baekhyun gulp. He has a bad feeling about this.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Let's go out."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. Why the heck does this man want them to go out? Yes, this guy is very very handsome but he doesn't want to date someone other than Chanyeol...

Seeing Baekhyun's flustered face made him grin more. "I meant, let's have a dinner together. Treat me. Are you thinking about something else?"

"N-no! I wasn't!" He's flustered not only because he got the wrong idea but also he thought of that.

Siwon leaned a little closer and whispered right into his ear. "Or we could also do what you were thinking about."

Meanwhile, a happy giant who was walking through the hospital walls was excited because he was thinking of inviting Baekhyun to do their groceries together. He smiled at what he imagined.

But that smile quickly disappeared when he saw Baekhyun and his 'rival' a little too close together.

And that's when he sense a threat coming.

Oh god...

__

Heya! I was thinking of writing another Chanbaek ff after this one. It's a fantasy and it was inspired by the movie Enchanted. Well, actually I have another story in my mind first but the I want to right the fantasy one asap. Whatever, I hope you'll look forward to it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 8.5K 23
Byun Baekhyun has never hesitated on anything he's ever done, and shy simply isn't in his vocabulary. He's the flirt, the party-lover, the definition...
15.4K 807 3
Blood purity made all the difference, Baekhyun picked a path, and Chanyeol was a little too late. - - - - - - - - - - - Title: Technical Faults (2015...
9K 350 8
Baekhyun's son is a constant reminder of the only man he's ever loved - the same man being televised by a major news network on his age old televisio...
141K 6.6K 23
- COMPLETED - 30 june 2019 Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been best friends since the 6th grade. But Baekhyun started developing feelings for Chanyeol, b...