Re:Zero Cast Watching Natsuki...

By GoldenFang17

After being transported into another world, Natsuki Subaru has gone through all kinds of pain and died many t... More

An Unwelcome Chamber
I. The End of the Beginning and Beginning of the End
II. Reunion with The Witch
III. Starting Life from Zero in Another World
IV. Harmony of the Roswaal Mansion
V. The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant
VII. Natsuki Subaru's RESTART
VIII. I Cried, Cried My Lungs Out, and Stopped Crying
IX. The Meaning of Courage
X. Demoniacally Possessed Methods
XI. Rem
XII. Return to the Capital
XIII. Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru
XIV. The Sickness Called Despair
XV. The Face of Madness
XVI. The Greed of a Pig
XVII. Disgrace in the Extreme
XVIII. From Zero
XIX. Battle Against the White Whale
XX. Wilhelm van Astrea
XXI. A Gamble that Defies Despair
XXII. A Flash of Sloth
XXIII. Nefarious Sloth
XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight
XXV. That's All This Story is About
Into the Future
XXVI. Each One's Promise
XXVII. The Next Location
XXVIII. The Long-Awaited Reunion
XXIX. Parent and Child
XXX. A Step Forward
XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel
XXXII. Friend
XXXIII. The Value of Life
XXXIV. Love Love Love Love Love Love You
XXXV. I know Hell
XXXVI. The Taste of Death
XXXVII. The Witches' Tea Party
XXXVIII. The Sounds That Make You Want to Cry
XXXIX. Straight Bet.
XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe
No One Can Lift a Quain Stone Alone

VI. The Sound of Chains

16.1K 226 322
By GoldenFang17

The scene started on Subaru who wakes up while crying in pain and grabbing his arm.

"My left arm!" Subaru exclaimed while grabbing on his left arm.

"I still have it?" Subaru asked.

"Can I ask, does it mean that Subaru was killed and now another loop has reset for him?" Rem asked.

"Shall we say, yes on it, or no? What do you think?" Madara asked.

"I'll take it as a yes. Pardon me for my foolish questioning." Rem said.

"After this one, I'll have an important announcement and I'll answer the question of "Who really killed Subaru in the last Episode." Scorpio said.

"After our mere investigation earlier, we have discovered the suspect of the said event. But of course, we'll tell you about it later on. For now, enjoy the show where Subaru always suffers for his dear life!" Inosuke said.

"I'm gonna make that guy pay who killed Subaru on the last episode!" Rem angrily said. The gods sneezed and looked at Rem with weird looks.

'It was you who killed him, moron!' The gods thought.

"I went back again... No, maybe I should say I made it back..." Subaru uttered. He noticed that the two maids hugging each other in fear after seeing Subaru yelling all of a sudden.

"Oh, sorry. Good morning. Right, I guess you don't remember me... Sorry for the trouble I've caused! Natsuki Subaru will now start over!" Subaru exclaimed with his usual pose. The two maids looked at each other after seeing Subaru back on his usual form.

"By the way, what day and time is it?" Subaru asked as the screen now shows the opening once again.

"The way those maids act like that makes them look cute!" Petra exclaimed.

"Thank you for the compliment." Rem and Ram replied.

"And the way they talk in unison is also cool as well!" Cain added.

"They may have those cute and adorable personalities, but deep within, lies a very dark and horrific past." Scorpio said.

'Does he mean... our lives from way back?!' Ram thought.

'Don't tell me they'll show everyone here our life from before? No way.' Rem thought.

"What do you mean about that dark--" Ram was stopped by Katsuki.

"We will tell the other details later on. But for now, enjoy the DAMN episode!!" Katsuki yelled.

"Right..." Rem uttered.

'It's my third first day in the Roswaal mansion. That chill I felt... Does that mean I died in my sleep the first time, due to physical weakness? But the second time, there was an attacker.

So if I was killed, does that mean the others in the mansion are targets, too? Because we're involved in Emilia's royal selection, like at the loot house? But even if I know that? I have no proof to explain it or any way to avoid it. Worse yet, I didn't see the attacker's face or their prey. My death was totally in vain.' Subaru thought while walking.

"You're irritating me to death. Either stop it or be blown away." Beatrice said.

"Oh, sorry... But somehow, walking in circles also turns the gears in my head. Cut me some slack, huh? We're tight, aren't we?" Subaru asked.

"Exactly what sort of relationship do you think we have, I suppose? We've only met twice." Beatrice said.

"Well, I won't make trouble for you. Serve some tea or something, and let me relax." Subaru said.

"As if I'll serve you anything, I suppose. Ugh, you're irritating me!" Beatrice yelled.

"I hate to admit this but, I now miss Subaru's irritation towards me, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"We all do Betty, we all do." Puck said.

"Sometimes, you'll miss those things once the person who does that to you isn't with you anymore." Madara said.

"Yeah. And I'm a bit guilty after not having some great time with that idiot, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Hey, did you heard those chains from Subaru's thoughts earlier?" Julius whispered on Ferris.

"Yeah. Why?" Ferris asked.

"That makes me curious that the sound of that chain that killed Subaru has the same sound as the chains of Rem. Don't tell me that..." Julius uttered.

"There's no way she can do that to Subaru. You're suspecting it was her?" Ferris asked.

"I don't know. But all we know right now is that only Rem has that kind of weapon with that sound." Julius whispered.

"I see. We'll see of it later if you're right." Ferris said.

"What's that book you're reading?" Subaru asked.

"It explains how to get rid of bugs that have gotten into my room, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"You've got bugs in the library? That sucks. What kind of bugs?" Subaru asked.

"It's time for you to leave! Your hands have stopped shaking, so you can mask your fear now, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"You can tell?" Subaru asked.

"You were trying to hide it, I suppose. It's quite vexing to be treated as a mere convenience." Beatrice said.

"You're not nice at all... Thanks for the help, though. I'll be counting on you again." Subaru said and now makes his leave.

"I don't want to be counted on, I suppose. So don't come in here again! Shoo, shoo." Beatrice said.

"Shoo, shoo? Wait! When you said bugs, you meant me?" Subaru asked.

"Just get out of here this instant!" Beatrice yelled as she uses her power to send Subaru flying outside and crashing to the bushes.

"Too late for him to realize that he was the bug. Hahahaha!" Ricardo exclaimed.

"Such an idiot. But I can't blame him. He just died recently and now faced another near-death situation. Could you people of Roswaal mansion be a little nicer to him?" Anastasia asked.

"We were nice to him. You guys aren't the ones who are not acting nice to him." Rem said.

"For real? Well, I'm afraid if you are telling the truth." Anastasia said with a determined grin.

"SHUT UP YOU TWO SMALL BRATS!!" Inosuke angrily yelled.

"Sorry!" The two replied.

"Better not start a commotion in this place, Anastasia." Ricardo warned.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." Anastasia said with a smile.

"I-If not for the flower bed, that would have been instant death..." Subaru said while his body is covered with mud.

"Um...Can I ask if you're all right?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia-tan, your kindness is the one thing that can heal me." Subaru said while smiling.

"You know, Rem just spread manure in that flower bed yesterday." Emilia said.

"I understand about it, don't worry about it, Subaru." Rem said while crying.

"Why are you crying?" Ram asked.

"I just really miss him." Rem replied.

"Me too, Rem. Even if I know that I made him disappoint sometimes." Emilia said.

"Argh! Three-second rule! That didn't count... That didn't count, right?" Subaru asked while wiping himself.

"In fact, they say this kind of thing is actually lucky." Emilia said.

"Emilia-ran is already shifting into consolation mode..." Subaru sighed.

"Hahahaha. Puck, wake up." Emilia said and wakes up the spirit.

"Morning, Lia..." Puck said.

"Morning, Puck. Sorry to ask after you just woke up, but could you wash Subaru off?" Emilia asked.

"Such a bad way to start a day!" Inosuke said.

"Don't mind. For as long as Lia is the one who orders me, I'll do it for her." Puck said.

"But still, it's a bad way to start a day. It pisses me a lot!" Inosuke said.

"I understand you because after you wake up, you usually do take breakfast and bath and train, right?" Madara asked.

"Yeah. But when the time I see demons, I'll chop their heads to the fullest! Muwahahaha!" Inosuke exclaimed, making the two maid demons shiver in fear.

"Hey, he isn't referring to you two, calm down." Madara chuckled.

"O-Okay." The maids replied.

"Subaru? Okay, I'll wash you off!" Puck said as she cast a water tornado on Subaru and makes him spin inside of it.

"There, all clean. Isn't that nice." Puck said on Subaru who gargled water on his throat.

"I thought I was a goner... Wasn't there another way to do that? You enjoyed that, didn't you?" Subaru asked as the scene changed to them sitting on the grass.

"That isn't true at all... Hmph." Puck replied but was flicked by Subaru.

"Punch-backs!" Puck exclaimed and now attacks Subaru.

"Now, you've done it! Like that? It's my lethal move, Make the Cat Cry Ha Ha..." Subaru said while tickling Puck's body.

"Cut it out! Tail punch! And I'll finish you with my paw-pad grind! Grind, grind, grind, grind..." Puck said but was stopped as Emilia suddenly laughed at them.

"Oh, gosh... Sorry, I can't... What are you two doing? Oh, my stomach... I'm dying..." Emilia said while laughing.

"It is normal to laugh especially when you see a cat defeating a mere human by getting kicked and wiggled his face with his paws." Scorpio said.

"That's how life should be. Laughing and enjoying life to the fullest. But since Subaru's life is way horrifying, that means that he can enjoy some of those moments before those dark ones come." Katsuki said.

"Well, now that I've rebounded from my initial bad impression... Thanks for your assistance, Father." Subaru said.

"Who are you calling "Father"? I won't give you my daughter that easily." Puck said with his old man's voice.

"Please stop. You're both too funny..." Emilia said while laughing.

"Nothing beats your smile, Lia. You agree, too. Right, Subaru?" Puck asked.

"I totally do. To me, Emilia-tan's smile is the first shining star in the night sky!" Subaru said with his pose.

"Not you, too, Subaru. Also, what does "tan" mean? Where'd it come from?" Emilia asked.

"It's what they call a pet name. Just like when Puck calls you Lia. It's an expression of affection that shows people's closeness." Subaru replied.

"I don't remember getting so close to you..." Emilia said.

"Oof!" Ricardo said.

"Yeesh, that hurts." Reinhard chuckled.

"I feel sorry for him." Kadomon laughed.

"Hey, could you please stop it?" Emilia asked.

"SHUT UP!!!" Inosuke yelled, making them shut.

"Could you stop yelling at them, asshole?!" Katsuki asked as he bashed his fist into Inosuke's head.

'You deserve that!' Everyone thought.

"What did you think about me?!" Inosuke angrily asked.

"Yikes! He knows what are we thinking?!" Everyone asked.

"That somewhat hurts, but I won't lose heart! Think of it as an advance in our relationship. It means I want us to get close enough to call each other by pet names. Okay?" Subaru asked.

"All right, I'll accept that." Emilia said after looking at the sides.

"Huh?" Subaru asked.

"No... Don't look at me." Emilia said.

"I expected her to cringe, but I got a positive response. What could this mean, Commentator Puck-san?" Subaru asked.

"She doesn't have many friends, so she craves things like nicknames. She's easy to please.

"My main heroine is easy to please, huh?!" Subaru exclaimed.

"Main heroine? Such an idiot to dream of her as her heroine. What a stupid guy." Priscilla said.

"Hey, Subaru isn't a stupid guy!" Rem said.

"Mind your manners, maid of the Roswaal mansion." Priscilla said.

"What do you think she did to her partners before?" Inosuke asked.

"There's only one thing that I can tell you about that. She killed them all." Katsuki replied.

"How can you say that without any evidence?" Inosuke asked.

"Sister, Sister... It's only been a short time, and bow our guest looks like a drowned rat." Ram said.

"Rem, Rem. In just a short time, our guest turned into a dirty, old washrag." Ram said.

"I know I'm a rat. You don't have to tell me." Subaru said.

"Our lord; Roswaal-sama, has returned. Please come inside." The two maids said.

"Here we go." Subaru uttered.

'My third first meeting with the lord of the mansion. All I know for certain is that someone will attack the fourth night. It's ideal if I could let them know. But I can't explain where I got the information, so they might think I'm working with the assassin.

If I just knew even the attacker's physique, it might be a different story. So this time, I'll use these next four days to gather information and learn who the attacker is. And to do that...' Subaru thought.

"You may have ant reward you request. Merely state your desire!" Roswaal said.

"In that case, let me live here as a house guest, and eat and sleep all I want!" Subaru exclaimed. Ram yawned all of a sudden, making everyone look at her.

"Finally, he has made that request for good." Crusch said.

"You did something bad out there I think, sister." Rem said.

"I know, I know. That won't happen again, Rem." Ram said.

"I think you are imitating my way of breaking the silence, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"But how am I supposed to gather information? I guess I'll start with some indirect questioning..." Subaru uttered while walking. He stopped walking when he saw Rem outside of the mansion whose sitting in the area where he fell earlier.

"That's where I fell." Subaru said and now runs into Rem.

"Sorry for the trouble." Subaru said.

"Of course. If you'll excuse me, sir." Rem said and she leaves Subaru.

"Wait. I didn't even get a chance to talk." Subaru sighed. He now looked around at the other places of the mansion and he found nothing.

"I don't see anything out of the ordinary... " Subaru said but he suddenly turned around when he heard someone from behind.

"What do you not see?" Roswaal asked.

"Ros-chi... Don't scare me like that. It's misleading." Subaru said. The scene now changed to him now studying in his room. Someone knocked on the door and he stopped studying.

"Come in!" Subaru said.

"Here you go, sir." Ram said.

"Oh, thanks. Want to drink it with me?" Subaru asked.

"No, thank you, sir." Ram said and now takes her to leave.

"Hey, you can be a little friendlier to me if you want..." Subaru said but Ram only looked at him and closes the door.

"Geez, such a bad start for his plan. They are like, putting some distance away from him." Felt said.

"I feel also bad for Subaru-dono. I hope he'll find out who was the one who killed him." Wilhelm said.

"If he has that kind of humor that those people love, maybe they can get along easily." Al said.

"Well, it's my first day. I guess it makes sense." Subaru said. The scene now shifted to him visiting Beatrice's room.

"Yo!" Subaru said.

"Every day, you come in here without even knocking. You truly have no manners whatsoever. Leaving would be in your best interest before you get blown away, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Whoa! Wait, wait... I just want to ask you something. Is there any magic that weakens and kills someone, as if putting them to sleep?" Subaru asked.

"If I must answer, then yes, there is." Beatrice said.

"There is?" Subaru asked.

"But it isn't so much magic as it is a curse, I suppose. There are many such things among the spells that shamans specialize in." Beatrice said.

"Shamans?" Subaru asked.

"Magicians. However, shamans are a subclass of magic- and spirit-arts users, originating in the northern nation of Gusteco, I suppose. They'll all quite useless, and not to be taken seriously. But there is an easier method than a curse, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Easier?" Subaru asked.

"I believe you already experienced it." Beatrice said with serious intent as she puts her hand into Subaru's chest.

"Wait, you mean... That mana drain you did against my will could actually kill me?" Subaru asked and steps back away from her.

"Mana is also one's very life force. If you continually suck it out, one could die of weakness, I suppose." Beatrice sais.

"Wait... You're not the one who killed me, are you?" Subaru asked.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm busy. I couldn't even spare the effort to kill you..." Beatrice said while grunting herself because she couldn't reach a book from the upper part of the shelves but Subaru helps her and gives it to her.

"Poor girl." Al said while laughing.

"What are you laughing at?!" Beatrice angrily asked.

"Don't be such a bully to a spirit, Al. Or else she'll suck your mana." Priscilla said.

"You really piss me you witch, I suppose." Beatrice said

"W-Witch?!" Priscilla exclaimed.

"Is this what you want? So, uh... Oh yeah. Can anyone do that mana-sucking thing?" Subaru asked.

That's an absolutely terrible way to put in, I suppose. In this mansion, only Bubby and I can. Even Roswaal can't." Beatrice said.

"Oh... It's actually a pretty rare skill, then... Don't suck up that stuff too much. Especially from me. I'm really short on blood right now, so I'd die in a heartbeat." Subaru said.

"Yes, all your organs were restored, but your blood wasn't replaced, I suppose. Well, I have no obligation to do so, anyway." Beatrice said.

"My organs? The way you said that makes it sound like you were the one who healed my wounds. Trying to take credit from Emilia-tan makes you look bad!" Subaru said.

"That silly girl doesn't have the power to heal fatal wounds yet, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Eh?" Subaru asked.

"She and Bubby stabilized you, and I healed your wounds." Beatrice said.

"F-For real? You're kidding, right? Of course... it's a lie. It was a lie! It's not nice to lie! No lying..." Subaru teased.

"Come on, just accept the fact that she healed you." Reinhard said.

"He wants all the compliments to Emilia. Like she is praising her for her to fall to him." Felt said.

"Hey! Subaru won't do such things like that!" Emilia said.

"Hoho?" Felt asked.

"Shut up, I suppose. You're too averse to the truth. Someone not worth saving should disappear, I suppose!" Beatrice said as she sends Subaru once again flying and crashed to the same bushes from earlier.

"Um... Once again, are you all right?" Emilia asked. Subaru now back again was studying in his room.

'So, in the end, the keywords are "curse" and "chains." I don't know anything else. If Return by Death's conditions are the same, I died three times in the capital and survived the fourth time. But that doesn't mean I intend to treat this as a throwaway life. That's why I asked Puck to keep an eye on Emilia for me.

On the morning of the fourth day, I'll leave here and--' Subaru was stopped on his thoughts when someone knocked on the door.

"Pardon my intrusion, sir. I see you really are studying, sir." Ram said while carrying tea on her hands.

"Roswaal's chains? Misleading?" Ram asked.

"So he suspected Roswaal as the suspect? No, that couldn't be him." Russel said.

"Why would he suspect me like the one who kiiiiiiiiiilled him?" Roswaal asked.

"Of course you really act strange at all!" The gods replied.

"Oh? Pardon me for the way I really act on everyoooooooone." Roswaal said.

"Stop that long pronunciation, would youuuuuuuuuuuuu?!" Inosuke asked, making everyone laugh.

"Stop it. You should be the one who should stop acting like him. You're disgusting." Katsuki said.

"Pardon our friend here, Roswaal. Fufufufu." Scorpio said.

"No worries, my dear gooooooods." Roswaal said.

"That's super rude... I am a guest here, you know." Subaru said.

"You're a freeloader calling yourself a guest. That's how I perceive it, sir." Ram said as she gives Subaru a cup of tea.

"Thank you." Subaru said and now drinks the tea.

"Ugh, it's still nasty." Subaru said.

"You'll incur the wrath of the mansion's finest tea leaves." Ram said as she takes a seat and drinks tea.

"Slacking off right in front of your guest? I have no words for that nerve of yours." Subaru said.

"You were the one who told me to be more friendly toward you. I'm only responding to your demand. So? How is your studying coming?" Ram asked.

"Not bad... I can read simple fairy tales like these now. It's interesting how the morals slightly differ from those of the ones I know. It's like true cross-cultural communication! Maybe I should import a few fairy tales from my homeland. Like "The Red Ogre Who Cried." Subaru sais. Ram suddenly widened her eyes after hearing the title.

Ram and Rem, on the other hand, looked at each other after hearing the title itself. Everyone looked at the two if they feel fine after hearing it.

"Are you all right, Ram and Rem?" Emilia asked.

"Y-Yes we are." Ram replied in her unusual tone.

"The Red Ogre Who Cried?" Ram asked.

"Want me to tell it to you?" Subaru asked but Ram didn't agree nor disagree.

"All right, your attention, please.

Once upon a time, there lived a red ogre and a blue ogre. The two were very good friends. The red ogre wanted to be friends with the people of the village. But the people were too scared to get close to him. The blue ogre couldn't bear to watch, so he devised a plan to help his friend.

"I'll make a ruckus in the village, so you come and stop me. Then the villagers will be sure to trust you." The plan worked, and the red ogre befriended the humans. But as time passed, something began to worry him.

His friend, the blue ogre, no longer came to visit him. One day, the red ogre went to the blue ogre's house. The door was tightly shut, and a letter was affixed to it. The letter said...

"Red Ogre-Kun, please have fun with your human friends. If I continue to hang around you, they might think you're a bad ogre, too. So I've decided to go on a journey, but I will never forget you. Goodbye. Please take care of yourself. Your friend forever... Blue Ogre."

The red ogre read the letter in silence, over and over again. Tears fell, as he began to cry. The end." Subaru said.

"That's a sad story." Ram said.

"Yeah, it is. But I think it's a sweet story, too." Subaru said.

"I think all the characters in it are just stupid. The red ogre, the blue ogre, and the villagers, too." Ram said.

"Hey! That story is a bit sad and a nice one!" One kid said.

"Yeah. But sad to hear that the blue ogre guy stayed away from the red ogre to make him feel free to live with the humans." Another kid said.

"Maybe you're the stupid one because you can't relate their friendship towards each other." One kid said.

"Hey!" A villager scolded the kid.

"It's okay. I understand that. I'm sorry if I was too rude on my comment about the story." Ram said.

"That's kind of a harsh critique. I mean, I'm not denying it, but... That's why I both love and hate that story. The blue ogre's self-sacrifice is really appealing, but it's stupid because he gets nothing in return. I'm the type that wants to be rewarded for my effort." Subaru said.

"Is that what you think of the blue ogre? But it's the red ogre that I think is beyond help. He dragged the blue ogre unto his own desires. As a result, he lost nothing. Only the blue ogre lost anything." Ram said.

"Then what do you think the two ogres should have done?" Subaru asked.

"If the red ogre truly wanted to befriend the humans, he should have broken off his horns and gone to them. He should have done that before the blue ogre couldn't bear to watch anymore." Ram said.

"If you'll make the ogre break his horns, maybe he'll die." Wilhelm said.

"No one knows if that will really kill him. For as long as I understand the story, I believe the blue ogre did what is right for him and that isn't a stupid thing to do." Crusch said.

"Doing anything for a friend is the reason is so adorable!" Anastasia said.

"Are you sure about that reaction of yours, master?" Tivey asked.

"Of course I do!" Anastasia said with a pout on her face.

"I think, that story is related to Rem and Ram. Because the way Ram listens to Subaru, she thinks of her life from before to that story just now." Ferris said.

"You may be right or you may be wrong! Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"Even if they're ogres, they also have the heart and personalities as us humans have!" Cain said.

"Right, right. I feel sorry either for the blue ogre, doing such a thing for his friend to be happy." Dine said.

"That's a pretty option, too..." Subaru uttered

"Is it? Which of the two ogres would you rather be friends with?" Ram asked.

"Which of the two?" Subaru asked.

"The red ogre, who can only with and be taken care of by others, or the stupid blue ogre, who basks in self-sacrifice?" Ram asked while placing two fingers in front of Subaru. Subaru, on the other hand, chooses the two all of a sudden.

"What a foolish answer. If you want to befriend both, you must be the indecisive, adulterous type. You'll regret it one day." Ram said.

"He already did." Inosuke said.

"What do you mean, Inosuke sama?" Emilia asked.

"You'll know it soon, Emilia." Inosuke replied.

"I don't recall it being that kind of story!" Subaru said.

"Putting aside your homeland's fairy tales, did any of these stories leave an impression on you?" Ram asked.

"Well, the ones that interested me most were the middle one, about the dragon, and at the end, about the witch. I finally know where the name the "Dragon's Kingdom of Lugunica" comes from.

It said the royal family signed a covenant with a dragon, so it's more like a folk tale than a fairy tale, right?" Subaru said.

"Yes, since it's true. The noble dragon still protects this nation from far away, beyond a great waterfall. It will do so until its contract with the royal family is fulfilled." Ram said.

"Wait, didn't the royal family that signed the contract recently die out?" Subaru asked.

"Yes, quite abruptly. No one knows what the dragon wants. In the nation's current situation, only the gods know... No, only the dragon knows what the dragon will do, sir." Ram said.

"Oh, by the way, about this witch story--" Subaru was stopped by Ram.

"I don't want to discuss that. I've stayed too long. I'll come again to notify you when dinner is ready, sir." Ram said as she bowed at Subaru and leaves the room.

"O-Okay." Subaru said.

"That story you told me about the ogres... Don't tell it to Rem. I'm certain she wouldn't like it." Ram said before closing the door.

"Since you have heard it, did you liked it?" Ram asked.

"Yeah. I feel sorry also for the blue ogre after doing such a sacrifice to make his friend happy. I hope he'll meet him soon." Rem said with a smile.

"I see." Ram said while smiling.

"To even speak her name was terrifying. Everyone called her the Jealous Witch." Subaru uttered while looking at the picture of the witch.

"That ugly face!" Rem angrily uttered.

"Or an ugly drawing?" Katsuki asked.

"Both!" Both Emilia and Rem replied.

"Jeez." Katsuki uttered.

The scene now shifted in the morning where Subaru will be taking his leave.

"Are you sure about this? We could call a royal car to take you to the capital." Emilia said.

"I hope Natsuki Subaru will accomplish his mission in here." Crusch said.

"Whatever it is, I hope it goes well according to his plan." Otto said.

"Goodluck, kid!" Kadomon said.

"I'll be fine... One day, when I'm the kind of strong, smart, rich man who's worthy of you, I'll take you away on a white horse." Subaru said with his thumbs up.

"Do you have a handkerchief? And water, lagumite ore, and... Will you be able to sleep by yourself?" Emilia asked with worry.

"Do you think you're my mom?" Subaru asked.

"More of a wife, I think." Al said, making Emilia blush.

"H-Hey!" Emilia yelled in embarrassment.

"Isn't it true, Lia? I also see that you were treating him like his wife, concern on his trip." Puck said with a grin.

"Stop it, Puck!" Emilia said while blushing more.

'I hope he's fine back on his word. Even if he's not here with us anymore, I can't stop thinking or worrying about him.' Emilia thought.

"Then, Subaru-Kun, be well. And do not lose the gift I gave you. I added something equivalent to our three days' worth of memories together..." Roswaal said.

"Hush money, right? Don't worry, I get it. I won't say anything I shouldn't. I swear to the dragon." Subaru said.

"Talking with you makes any evil scheme seem to lose its purpose. And in this nation, swearing to the dragon is the highest form of a promise. Be sure not to forget it." Roswaal said in his neutral voice.

"Got it! You two helped me out a ton. Especially you, Rem-rin. Thanks for all the great food. And Ram-chi... Yeah! You're good at cleaning toilets, right?" Subaru asked.

"Uh oh. Here it comes. Fufufu." Scorpio said.

"Comes what?" Julius asked.

"Sister, Sister... Our guest is hopelessly bad at flattery." Rem said.

"Rem, Rem... Our guest has a fatal lack of skill in flattery." Ram said.

"Oh, shut up! I seriously couldn't think of anything! Thanks, though." Subaru said.

"The loud whispering mockery!" Scorpio exclaimed.

"What the hell?" Everyone asked.

"Fufufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"As expected from this damn scorpion." Madara sighed with a facepalm.

"Yes, sir." The two maids replied and now Subaru walked outside of the mansion.

"Subaru!" Emilia called on Subaru.

"Thank you for everything. If you need anything, come visit anytime." Emilia said.

"Sure! Thanks, Emilia-tan!" Subaru yelled from far away while waving his goodbyes at Emilia. Subaru now started his plan by moving towards the inside of the jungle. He now reaches the higher part of the jungle which we can see the Roswaal mansion far from him.

"Okay, this is it. From here, I can see Emilia's room especially well. Now all that's left is to wait for something to happen. And stop it." Subaru said as he draws a knife from his bag.

"Is that the knife he used from before? Not bad, Barusu." Ram said.

"But do you think it will work against the assassin? Fufufu!" Scorpio said.

"What's with that giggling of yours!?" Felt angrily asked.

"She'd probably get mad at me for using it this way... I hope she does. I don't want to die. I don't want them to die. What did I tell you, Natsuki Subaru? Even if no one remembers what happens when things repeat, you remember." Subaru said. Sunset came now as the skies are colored in pure red in the afternoon.

"I hate the way the sky is colored at that time." Ferris said.

"Which means, someone will die." Priscilla said.

"Don't tell such nonsense! Subaru won't die!" Rem angrily said

"Ho? Did I mention the one who'll die?" Priscilla asked.

"Now that I think about it, I didn't go shopping for Rem this time. Just because the food meant for me was leftover?" Subaru said.

'It'll still be a while before dark. Focus! Focus!' Subaru thought. A loud growl from nowhere can be heard as a huge spiked ball with a chain on it suddenly attacks him.

Rem widened her eyes after seeing her weapon on the scene. Everyone was shocked after seeing the weapon being launched into Subaru.

"Rem, what is the meaning of this?!" Emilia angrily asked.

"Wait! This is not yet the time to scold here!" Madara yelled.

Subaru falls on the cliff but has a rope wrapped around him and makes himself stop on falling from above.

"Emergency escape... Yes, I saw it!" I saw where the sound of chains came from! But is it coming this way now?" Subaru asked while running but he stopped when he saw himself now on a dead end.

'Does this mean I played right into the attacker's hands? If you're coming, then come!' Subaru thought while removing his jacket and prepares himself for a fight. The sound of chains can be heard from the dark side of the forest now slowly approaching him. Ths spiked ball once again charges its way towards Subaru.

"Do you have the nerve?!" Subaru yelled as he catches the ball with his jacket and makes it stuck on the rock.

"All right... Show yourself, damn it! I've gone through all kinds of hell to see your face!" Subaru yelled as he pulls the chain. A figure of a maid can be seen walking into the forest while holding the handle of the weapon.

"Then I have no choice." The voice known to be Rem said as she approached Subaru and shows herself to him.

"H-How..." Rem uttered while crying.

"Can you explain this to us, Rem?!" Ram angrily asked.

"Please tell me this is another loop where he'll survive." Felt prayed.

"I think it isn't." Reinhard said while clenching his fist.

'Subaru... Why do you need to face all kinds of deaths?! For real?!' Reinhard thought.

"The ideal scenario would have been to finish this without anyone noticing." Rem said.

"You're joking... Right, Rem?" Subaru nervously asked as the screen now shows the title "The Sound of Chains" on it.

Everyone now looked horrified at Rem after revealing that she was the one who was the attacker of Subaru in the forest. The gods now clapped their hands to take everyone's attention.

"May I have your attention, everyone?" Scorpio asked.

"You better tell me what happened at that time, Rem!" Emilia angrily said.

"Wh-What did I do that time...? Don't tell me he has a loop where I... killed him?" Rem uttered while crying.

"First of all, do you remember the last episode where Subaru was killed? Have you heard the same thing before to now that Rem brings with her?" Scorpio asked.

"The noise... you mean that the noise before... was the chains of her weapon?!" Felt asked.

"But I didn't hear anything noisy like chains or something." Kadomon said.

"Yeah, same goes to me." Wilhelm said.

"Darn it. Here, let's watch again the death of Subaru in the last episode but this time, you'll be wearing headphones for you to hear it clearly!" Scorpio said as everyone has headphones on their ears. The screen now shows the death of Subaru and everyone now hears the faint sound of the chain and compares it to the one which was shown as a flashback from Subaru's thought.

"Oh boy..." Ricardo uttered.

"That faint noise and the one we saw just now... are both connected." Crusch said.

"Which means..." Hetaro uttered.

"It was you, after all, Rem?!" Everyone asked on Rem who was horrified too after hearing her weapon on the last part of episode 5 but in a faint one.

"Wh-Why did I killed Subaru at that time?!" Rem asked loudly.

"In that loop where you killed Subaru, there was still that hostility behavior of yours towards Subaru. Which means, you really don't like him yet at that time. And to make sure he'll disappear from the mansion for good, you decided to murder him but in a very sneaky and horrifying way.

First, you waited the time to make the hallways dark and prepared yourself for the assassination you'll do against him. Second, I don't know if this is true but you made something strange to Subaru to make him suffer in pain and force him to go out of his room to meet his end at the upper part of the mansion. In there, that black mist you saw, behind it, was your weapon and a silhouette of you who was the real murderer.

Despite Subaru's behavior, you still never liked him like he is a spy from the enemy territory or whatsoever reason is that. But in the end, we have found out that it was you, who killed Subaru in the last episode." Scorpio said.

"How could you do that to Subaru?!" Emilia angrily asked as she ran towards Rem.

"Lia!" Puck yelled.

"Almighty Pull." Madara said as his eyes transformed into Rinnegan and pulls Emilia away from Rem.

"You can't hurt her for-" Madara was stopped by Emilia.

"Can't hurt her?! After what she did to Subaru, do you think I'll let this pass?! Subaru wanted to have a happy life with me and also, he is a friendly guy towards us all and yet, how dare you to do such murderous intent against him, what's wrong with you?!" Emilia angrily asked. Rem couldn't utter a word but all she can do now is cry on the ground.

"I know this is going to be a hard one for you to understand and accept that one person over here has killed Subaru. Not to mention, there are people here also who killed him but not in the way Rem did." Scorpio said.

"Which means, those people forced him to die for him to escape them." Katsuki said.

"Anyone from this group is all suspects. But those suspects will be revealed in the next episode!" Inosuke said.

"Let's settle things now, Emilia, Rem." Roswaal said on the two.

"Yes, my lord." Rem replied while crying. Emilia didn't reply and walked away from the two.

"I may not like Barusu a lot but, what you did to him was really nasty. And I hate it, Rem." Ram coldly said and leaves Rem on the ground.

"Let's start the next episode everyone and we'll see how Rem will slaughter Subaru in a very special way! Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed.

"Could you make it a little bit friendlier and nicer to tell?" Al asked.

"No way. Fufufufu." Scorpio said as everyone now fixed themselves and prepared for the next episode.

To Be Continued...

Another chapter is done! I hope you liked this chapter! As always, enjoy and have a great day!l

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203 4 6
"𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓸 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓻?" 𝓐𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵�...
9.6K 294 14
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...
946 53 4
Due to a request made by a friend?... Relative? (By technicality) Zero decided to take a dive into World-4619 of Set 4. The world of Re: Zero. Howeve...
3.1K 66 13
A parachuting Canadian sniper doesn't know what he is getting into when he lands on the front lawn of a certain manor. I do not own the rights to re...