HOT AND COLD (SNAPEXREADER)

By The_Black_Spy

A love/hate relationship between Snape and Y/N. But can you really trust what you read? [EDITING 03/23/23] More

1: Very Odd
2: Family Businesses
3: First meeting
4: Potions? Yuck.
5: Detention
6: Draught of Living Death
7: D'Dark figure
8: The Quidditch
9: The Philosophers Stone
10: Diary
11: Lockhart
12: A Gut
13: Obliviate
15: Flipped
16: Beautiful Thing
17: Yellow Light
18: The Girl
19: Family Traditions
20: The Unexpected
21: Janus Thickey Ward
22: Bladder
23: Black
24: Boggart
25: 394
26: Obnubilate Figure
27: Scabbers
28: Mysterious Book
29: Hogsmeade
30: Truth and the Lie
31: Quidditch World Cup
32: Trelawney's word
33: The Age Line
34: Letter of Smith
35: Y/N Astor
36: Swear to me
37: The Unbreakable Vow
38: The Order Of The Phoenix
39: Wish Lists
40: Love, Y/N S.
41: The Epilogue
1: Very Odd [REVISED]
2: Family Businesses [REVISED]
3: First Meeting [REVISED]
4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]
5: Detention [REVISED]
6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]
7: D'Dark figure [REVISED]
8: The Quidditch [REVISED]
9: The Philosophers Stone [REVISED]
10: Diary [REVISED]

14: Scenario

5.8K 202 237
By The_Black_Spy

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Severus. Thank you for coming... How's the Mandrake Restorative Draught?" The headmaster ask while eating a lemon drop he always fancies.

"They're doing well... I am sure there's more to ask?" Snape simply said but slightly irritated.

There have been an attacks on several students, plus Argus Filch is dramatically crying for his petrified cat Mrs. Norris so Dumbledore put up with all of the shits and ask his Professors and Madam Pomfrey for favor.

But the attacks aren't the only rumors nowadays. Everyone noticed that Snape irritation is very unusual in the past few weeks.

He became more sensitive and whenever a student breathes, he will be sending daggers/glares right away. Specially to the Hogwarts Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart.

Of course, the brilliant headmaster noticed it too. Infact, it's one the reason why he have called the Potion Master on his office.

Snape had already argued with the old man about Lockhart attacking his student but Dumbledore let it slide. He said that 'there isn't enough evidence Severus' when Y/N herself is the living evidence that will prove Lockhart's stupidness.

The Potion Master couldn't figure out why the sham tried to obliviate Y/N. He is too curious about the matter but yet he can't interfere. L/N adores the man and obviously, Lockhart liked all the ridiculous attentions but why remove one of his die hard fan memories?

"How are you doing with Y/N?" Snape's obsidian eyes instantly darted towards Dumbledore. Well, he doesn't expect that question to attack him critically. Plus, he is too absorbed about Y/N's situation that he forgot where he is in the moment.

"As usual, I think there's no hope for Miss L/N..." Snape sigh alittle. It's been months and Y/N can't still remember him that well.  

The old man chuckled as he brushes his wrinkly fingers on chin. "I think there's a hope Severus. You must look on the bright side. I've called some of her friends and interrogated them about her..."

Snape's eyebrows furrowed but his ears remain on listening to Dumbledore.

"It's funny actually... Harry seems to like her. His friends was teasing him earlier that Y/N voluntarily kisses his cheeks. Potter have gotten red." Snape rolled his eyes and his thin sexy mouth is ready to attack Dumbledore with sarcasm.

"The similarity couldn't be denied. Instead of helping the girl to recover her meaningless memories, Potter took it as his advantage just like his father." Snape's lips pursed while he is fidgeting his fingers that is laying uncomfortably on his lap.

Dumbledore's blue eyes glinted on his glasses when he looked at Snape. "I couldn't blame the young man Severus... Y/N is beautiful... A very intelligent girl also. Don't you agree?" But Snape remained silent on his seat, with a blank face.

"On the other hand, I've talk to Draco too... And like Harry, he seems to like it. From what I exactly remember, he is enjoying the fact that Y/N wasn't under your tutoring anymore... These children..." Dumbledore is too happy for the moment while Snape's arse grew hotter. He can't take everything anymore. He is so fed up with this headmaster who seems like he lost it already plus the problem of L/N 'businesses'.

"But, I didn't call you for that Severus. I told Professor Lockhart to open a duelling club for everyone and I wanted you to be his apprentice." The cloaked man just blink his eyes several times on Dumbledore like he didn't heard what the old man said.

"Severus... I am sure you can see through the situation we are in right now... " Snape just sigh and nodded quietly.

"Fine."

*******************

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." some rolled their eyes, including Y/N. She knows that she have read Lockhart's work several times as Granger have said but she couldn't understand why she hated the man. She also admitted to herself that Lockhart is 'great' but still, she felt like if Lockhart is the only man in the world to marry, she will rather kill herself.

"I thought you like him very much Y/N?" BFF/N whispered into her friend but Y/N just glared at her DADA teacher.

"I don't know, i just have this feeling of hating him so much! I don't have a bit of a clue why!" She sighed.

Y/N and BFF/N have gotten so close after her memory loss. They're sticking together like a twins nowadays.

"To be honest, the one you really hate is Snape. Maybe that's one of the effect of your memory loss. Your mind is confused that it end up mixing up your memories... Dont you think so?" L/N E/C eyes widen.

"What do you mean I hate him? I hate him? But why—" she immidiately stopped talking when she heard Lockhart mentioning Snape.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"I don't feel good about this." L/N muttered.

"Me neither." Draco joined Y/N as they exchange hugs.

"Ooh. I bet it will be the end of that fraud. Dont you think so Y/N?" Draco's lips curled into a smirk and Y/N snickered with BFF/N.

Malfoy noticed the strange behavior of Y/N against their DADA teacher after the 'little accident' that Dumbledore have described. But he decided just to enjoy the current event.

They watch Lockhart and Snape bow at each other. While Y/N felt an unusual feeling on her stomach when Snape harshly face his back on their DADA professor.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Draco worriedly asked, checking her out.

"I dont know... M—Merlin!" The students watch Lockhart to get thrown on the ground.

Some students giggled but some like Granger groaned worriedly.

Y/N met Snape's eyes for a moment and her head aches. 

Y/N POV:

I keep on remembering a scene where a man shouted a spell like what Professor Snape did to Lockhart.

Expelliarmus and why is that?

Last time I remembered there is an unconscious man on the ground while Professor Snape called me and grabbed my wrist.

Then he sent me to Dumbledore without uttering a single word after I asked him who he was.

But from that moment, I feel like he is the man that I would trust my life into.

"Y/N! Come! We're about to duel with eachother...—" BFF/N voice got quieter as her sentence went on.

She look over my shoulder and quickly shut her mouth tightly.

"I am sorry to disappoint you Miss Smith but L/N is not going to join this little duelling club. She have to come with me, I've already asked Professor Lockhart..." with that, he turn his back on us and started to walk away.

I just shrugged at BFF/N and followed Professor Snape down in the dungeon.

I'm so nervous... Why would he wanted to talk to me? Have I done something wrong?

I gulp when I heard him shut the Potion room closed and I instantly look at him.

My heart went crazy and my hands began to sweat. Please dont blush Y/N.

"L/N... Are you aware of losing some of your memories?" He asked silently while walking towards his personal cupboard.

"Y—Yes Professor... " He then pass me a vial.

I smelled it and I couldn't determine what is this... Well, i can recognize any common potion by just smelling its scent but this one is strange.

"Drink it up Miss L/N... We couldn't be wasting any matter of seconds today." I look at him and noticed that he have dark circles below his dark obsidian eyes. He seems like he didn't sleep last night.

I gulp the vial in one go and it taste bitterly so I winced alittle. "It's bitter Professor but what is that?"

I put the vial down on the nearest table as I sit on one of the desk.

"How do you feel L/N?" He ask, observing me from head to toe.

"I don't know Professor but... I feel alittle light headed and I can't feel my weight." I can see alittle smirk form in his lips. Strange

"Very well then, Miss L/N... Attempt to recall your memories that night where I found you with Lockhart..." I can suddenly feel my brain hurt and I got shocked on the spot.

"P—Professor! I want this to stop! Please it's hurting my head!" I shrieked and massage my head harshly.

My head is pounding so hard and I kept hearing strange voices.

"Tell me L/N! What were you talking about with Lockhart that night!" He snarled at me and harshly lean on my desk.

I can feel a tug on my brain and suddenly, a scenario started to play.

"Well, I know that you're great of course! But didn't you struggled and got injured while you're on your adventures?" I ask out of curiosity. Lockhart chuckled and yawn.

"What do you think of me Y/N? A fool? Of course I didn't do it myself—" We stopped walking and I slowly looked at him with my eyes wide open.

Professor Lockhart look back into my eyes with a shocked expression.

"Y—You what?" I felt my heart ached.  I like and love him as a fan but how can he do this?!

"Y/N I am really sorry about this—OBLIVIATE—" then Lockhart pointed his wand at me and white light started to burst out on his wand. I feel like my body absorbed the light but a man from behind shouted.

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

The voices in my head slowly stopped and the pain disappeared along with the memory...

"P—Professor... " my eyes started to water and I tried to bite my lips to silence myself but I couldn't.

I feel betrayed...  How could he? Hermione must know about this...

"Miss L/N—" I decided to cut Snape off. I am embarrassed of course... I wouldn't want him to see me crying like a baby infront of him but here I am.

"C—Can I just cry? Please Professor?" My voice cracked and our eyes met. The coldness and the intense look on his eyes is not there instead, it's replaced with soft and comforting look.

Is this real? I feel like I can look into his eyes all day.

I smiled at him and closed my eyes. My heart is beating rapidly on my chest as I slowly lean in closer into his face.

Our lips met. His lips is very dry but at the same time is very soft.

*********************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 1.4K 54
THIS STORY IS MATURE. JUST A WARNING. 2 enemy's, 2 different families...not enough love,forced to hate each other. Want to love each other.One wants...
16.6K 401 15
Y/N L/N is a pure blood wizard. He has a older sister S/N who is seventeen. His family is well known because of how public they make their pure blood...
98.1K 7.1K 78
❝ he and i are closer than friends, we are enemies linked together, the same sin binds us ❞ | in which lilium snape is bound to harry potter by fate...
55.6K 1.7K 25
[y/n] [l/n], an 18 year old girl from America transfers to Hogwarts in her 6th year of her wizard schooling in an attempt to build a new life and fle...