I Shut the Door - Harry Style...

By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

Leaving it all behind seemed like the best thing for young Tash when he life is just seems way too out of con... More

Leaving it all behind - Chapter 1
Decisions, Decisions - Chapter 2
Stuck here with you - Chapter 3
It's a good thing, right? - Chapter 4
Don't feel guilty - Chapter 5
Check on me - Chapter 6
Don't leave me - Chapter 7
No such thing as empathy - Chapter 8
You really think I care - Chapter 9
Too much? - Chapter 10
Time goes by fast - Chapter 11
Goodbye and Hello - Chapter 12
With you - Chapter 13
Unexpected attention - Chapter 14
Changing Places - Chapter 15
You have me - Chapter 16
Everything was so good - Chapter 17
Progress - Chapter 18
Chemistry - Chapter 19
Nice to meet you - Chapter 20
Best time of the year - Chapter 21
Slow - Chapter 22
Resolutions - Chapter 23
Bye, bye lover - Chapter 24
New home - Chapter 25
New opportunities - Chapter 27
A big day - Chapter 28
Finally - Chapter 29
They're here - Chapter 30
Sing along with me - Chapter 31
Making up for the time we had lost - Chapter 32
Fairness - Chapter 33
You were the best thing in my life but now you're the worst - Chapter 34
I hope they never see me - Chapter 35
New Girl - Chapter 36
Finding out - Chapter 37
Starting to feel like home - Chapter 38
A home? I don't have a home - Chapter 39

There's a first day for everything - Chapter 26

1.6K 9 2
By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

First day of work - Monday

I straightened my hair and got dressed in my bubble gum pink jeans and my white top. I did my make up nicely and walked over to top shop for my first day of work. My job was to work on the floor so that meant folding up and hanging up clothes, helping people with finding clothes and helping people in the change rooms. It was a long hard day and the other girls that worked there took advantage of me being new and got me to do all kinds of jobs but I guess that’s what happens when you’re new. The day finally finished and it was time for closing. I looked at the work roster and I had 4 days of work. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. I get payed $15 on weekdays and $19 on Sundays and public holidays which is a pretty decent pay.

I am pretty lucky that at work no one sees me as Harry’s girlfriend because no one knows my last name, I was thankful for that because I knew at school people were going to know.

“Tash!” Sally yelled “Could you help the boys close up in top man?”

“Sure!” I yelled back as I walked over to the men’s section of the store. As soon as I walked past the boys I felt their eyes watching me and I felt really uncomfortable. I heard one of them saying something to the other boys there were 4 of them there. They were all really hot, you could tell they were all models for something.

“Her ass in those jeans!” One of them said.

“Oh man and her tits are amazing!” I heard another say.

“You know apparently she is modelling for top shop! Finn you lucky bastered you get to model with her!”

“I’m gay remember I am not attracted to chicks any way she looks kind of familiar.”

I decided to walk up to them.

“Hi I’m Tash, you’re right I am going to be modelling with your friend here.” I smiled.

“I’m Finn by the way.” James said shaking my hand. The rest of the boys introduced themselves. There was Finn, Cam, Nathan and Angus.

“So are you single?” Nathan asked.

“No sorry.” I pretended to frown.

“Who is the lucky guy you’re dating?” Cam asked, “Probably some footballer or something.”

“I would rather not say.” I sighed.

“If you don’t tell we will tell everyone you’re a lesbian!” Angus teased.

“Fine, fine but you won’t believe me!” I smiled.

“Just spill!” Finn said.

“My name is Tash Smith, I am dating Harry Styles.” I said.

“So that’s where I’ve seen you! In the magazines! I love One Direction!” Finn said as he fangirled.

“I knew he would be famous!” Cam told the other boys.

“Well when if it doesn’t work out call me.” Nathan winked at me.

“Wait doesn’t that make you Matt Smiths daughter?” Angus asked.

“Yeah and if it makes anything more interesting I am living with Bernie Crawford the new Hawthorn player.” I explained.

“You’ve got to be shitting me!” Cam said in disbelieve.

“Hurry up Tash!” Sally yelled.

“Sorry got to finish packing up!” I sighed.

“I am having a pool party next Saturday night, you should come.” Nathan smiled.

“I would love to text me the details.” I said handing him a small piece of paper with my number on it. “Could you boys keep it down about the Harry thing I don’t want the girls knowing.”

“We won’t tell!” Finn smiled.

I finished packing up the store and I left. It was 9:30 at night and Bernie decided to come and take me home.

“Work was good?” He asked.

“Yeah I really enjoyed it, I work with this guy and he wanted to know if I wanted to go to his pool party next Saturday, wanna go with me?”

“Am I allowed to?” Bernie questioned me.

“I will ask for you.” I smiled.

“So what do you want for dinner?” Bernie asked.

“To be honest I am not hungry at all, like seriously.” I said to Bernie.

“Remember 2kg!”

“Remember, I’m a model!”

“Are you doing this to lose more weight?” Bernie said looking right at me.

“No I am not hungry I had a huge lunch and it kind of didn’t agree with me and I’m on my period so my stomach is hurting like a bitch! Happy?” I explained.

“Alright sorry for making you upset.” Bernie apologized.

“It’s fine I am just tired from work and my stomach hurts.” I sighed.

“We have some panadol at home so you can take some then.”

We arrived back at the apartment and went up the elevator and we were home. I took the panadol and went straight to bed, I was pretty tired.

16th Birthday

I woke up this morning and did the usual when it was my birthday. I opened the present from my Mum and Dad and it was an iPad. I called them up and thanked them. Bernie gave me a Hawthorn Guernsey to wear when I watched him play football. Since Bernie didn’t have a girlfriend I had to be his partner to go to functions and games with its just an AFL tradition to have your girlfriend, friend or sister there supporting you.

Bernie and I just stayed at home eating cake and relaxing because I have work at 3:30pm since it was Monday. I was thankful I didn’t do anything for my birthday because I had the best time relaxing with my best friend.

I got changed for work. I wore a sleeveless white denim button up shirt with some high waisted black shorts. I straightened my hair and did my make up as per usual. I walked down to top shop and was greeted by Sally.

“Hey Sally.” I said politely.

“Hi Tash, today I would like you to work in top man, I think you might attract more male costumers.” Sally smiled and walked away.

What was that meant to mean? I walked into top man and was greeted by Finn giving me a hug.

“Tash! Sally wanted me to tell you this Friday night we have a shoot together, I can take you!” Finn explained.

“Sounds like fun!” I smiled.

“Now Tash your job today is to help the male costumers, tell them what they want to hear. Let me give you an example!” Finn said as he walked over to the shirts hanging on the rack. “This shirt would look really hot on you it really brings out your natural tan!”

“Yeah I get what you mean!” I smiled and tried it on him. “This shirt would bring out your eyes so much, and girls dig good eyes!”

“Perfect!” Finn smiled.

I worked for ages and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“Finn could you cover for me I need to take this call really badly!” I pleaded him.

“Sure babe go round the back!” Finn smiled as I ran out the back and answered the phone.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Harry said into the phone.

“Thanks Babe!” I replied.

“Did you get the presents the boys and I sent you?”

“Nah not yet but they might be at home, I’m just at work.” I said.

“Well this was just a quick call, we have to get back to writing but everyone says happy birthday and sends all their wishes!” Harry answered.

“Thanks Harry, I’ll talk to you later, I love you!” I said.

“Love you too Sweetie, bye!” He said as I hung up the phone and went back out to keep working.

“Let me guess that was Harry!” Finn giggled.

“Yeah it was I’ll have to get him to meet you, I like you, and you’re the one guy in Melbourne that hasn’t tried hitting on me without telling them I have a boyfriend!” I explained.

“Honey, that’s because I’m gay!” Finn laughed.

“I need more gay friends then!” I laughed with him. “Are you going to the pool party?”

“Yeah I am and I’m so excited because I now have a new excuse to go and buy some new clothes!”

“Do you think I could bring my friend Bernie, he said he has to look after me.” I smiled.

“Yeah that’s fine!” Finn said.

“So if you don’t mind me asking how old are you?” I asked.

“Oh nearly I’m 18, I am still studying in year 12 though!”

“Yeah, so is Bernie, everyone is older here I just turned 16.”

“Darling let me tell you, you don’t look it, you look around my age!” Finn reassured me.

“Thanks, everyone keeps telling me that ever since I started dating Harry!” I said.

We finished up work and Bernie picked me up as per usual and we went home.

First day of school – Tuesday

I woke up and got into my uniform. I put on a light layer of makeup and straightened my hair and put it up into a high pony tail.

“Tash a package has arrived for you!” Bernie yelled. “It’s from Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn!”

I ran over to Bernie, grabbed the box and opened it.

Good luck with the new school! Happy Birthday Tashy!

Love Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn xx

I unwrapped everything and it was all new stationary, books and folders for school. There was also a bright orange key board for my iPad so I could use my iPad at school. Louis had also gotten me a neon orange, pink and yellow and white cover for my iPad which was really cool.

I packed the books, stationary and folders into my bag. I got my iPad ready and put it in my bag as well. I made myself a coffee and put it in a portable coffee cup while Bernie got ready for training. He finally came out and he was looking really good.

“You’re looking hot Bernard!” I smirked.

“You don’t look too bad yourself!” He replied.

“Let’s go!” I sighed taking a sip of my coffee. We got down to the bottom floor.

“Bye Tash, bye Bernie.” Jack waved at us.

“Bye Jack!” I smiled as we both walked out the big building. We got into Bernie’s car and he drove me to school. I was so nervous that I couldn’t stop drinking my coffee.

“Look you’re going to be fine, everyone will love you!” Bernie reassured me.

“I hope so.” I said trying my hardest to smile.

“Look every guy is going to come up to you and try and hit on you but once they realise how different you are to the other girls they will just want you to be their best friend!” Bernie said “That’s why Kurt started liking you so much he thought you were hot and then he realised how you were one of the guys and he wanted to be friends with you.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Very sure.” He smiled. “Now get out the car and go to school.”

“Bye Bernie!”

“Bye Tashy have a good day!”

I grabbed my coffee and got out the car; I grabbed my bag from the back of the Ute and started to walk into the huge school. I took another sip of my coffee. I followed the directions and I found myself in the front office. I walked up to the desk where a lady with chewing gum was sitting down typing slowly on her computer.

“Hello, I am a new student m name is-“ I was interrupted by a sassy voice.

“Natasha Smith?” The lady asked.

“Its Tash actual-“ I was interrupted.

“Don’t answer back to me, here is your time table.” The sassy office lady said as she handed me my time table. “Have a good day.”

I walked out of the classroom and tried to find my way to class but I was wondering aimlessly around the school. I picked up the phone and called Bernie.

“Bernie I can’t do this. I can’t even find my classroom!” I sighed.

“Just try and get to class Sweet heart if anything goes wrong just call me!” Bernie reminded me.

“Well I will be calling you a lot then, I have to go and try and find my classroom, bye.” I said hanging up the phone.

I finally found my classroom after aimlessly wondering throughout the year 11 area. I walked in and took a sip about my coffee. I walked over to the teacher.

“Hi I’m Tash, I was just wondering if I could grab a locker so I can put my bag away.” I smiled at the male teacher.

“I’m Mr Barton your locker number is 69 and it’s a few lockers down from the classroom.” Mr Barton said.

I walked out of the classroom and found my locker which the number reminded of the boys. 69. I filled my locker with my new books and stationary. I took my iPad out and 1 of my books and my pencil case and walked back into the classroom.

“Everyone this is the new student Tash Smith.” Mr Barton told the class.

“Your Matt Smith’s Daughter!” One of the guys yelled out.

“Yeah I am actually.” I responded.

“Wait she’s Harry Styles girlfriend.” A girl yelled.

“Yes that’s true as well.” I smiled as I sat down at the back of the classroom.

“I’m Ryan.” A boy smiled at me as he sat next to me.

“Tash.” I said shaking his hand. He was really hot like not kidding he is the hottest guy that is my age I have seen in a while.

“Let me guess, you were the most popular girl at your old school, everyone loved you and you were devastated to leave.” Ryan said.

“Nope you’re wrong. I was the schools tomboy, every girl hated me, I moved to Melbourne with my best friend Bernie and I was the happiest girl alive to leave Adelaide.” I smiled. “Let me guess you get all the girls and you are the top footy player in school.”

“You guessed right.” He smirked.

“I always do.”

“Want to come and hang out with the guys at recess and lunch?” Ryan asked.

“I’d love to.” I said “So you have a girlfriend?”

“Yeah she is in the class next door; I know you have a boyfriend.”

“Yeah.”

We sat there in silence for a bit, I got my phone out and texted Bernie.

“I thought your boyfriend was Harry from that band?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah it is, my best mate is called Bernie.” I said to him.

“Oh cool.”

“Time to go to your first class.” Mr Barton yelled.

“Here let’s have a look at your classes.” Ryan said picking up my time table. “We’re in all the same classes, just follow me everywhere, what locker number are you?”

“69.” I replied.

“I am number 68! This friendship is meant to be!” Ryan laughed I just giggled in agreement.

We walked to our lockers.

“So do you work?” He asked me.

“Yeah at top man on Chapel Street, I’m also a model for top shop.” I responded.

“Oh you work with the year 12 boys, they’re all dickheads.”

“They’re not too bad I am invited to one of their parties this Saturday.”

“You seem like a nice girl so don’t get caught up in their shit okay?” Ryan said.

“Um alright.” I replied as the clueless bastered I am.

After our double this morning it was recess. I walked back to my locker and put my books back into my locker. A few girls walked up to Ryan.

“Hey Ryan!” One girl said as she smashed her mouth onto his poor lips.

“Tash this is Lara my girlfriend.” Ryan introduced her.

“Hey Lara.” I smiled.

“Now Tash we were wondering if you want to hang out with us at recess and lunches we like you.” Lara said sweetly.

“Sorry I might pass, Ryan asked if I wanted to hang with the boys so I accepted his offer maybe next time?”

“Yeah alright.” She smiled as her and he little possie walked off.

“Let me guess she is really popular?” I asked. Ryan just laughed and nodded.

“You play footy?” Ryan asked. I nodded. “Well we play every recess and lunch you should come and join us.”

“Alright let’s go then.” I smiled as we walked over. He introduced me to a whole group of guys.

“Look Ryan, she is a girl.” Keegan whispered to Ryan.

“So what she plays, just treat her as one of the guys, just a really hot big boobed version of us.” Ryan convinced him.

“Don’t go easy on me, feel free to tackle.” I smirked.

“Look you can still back out these guys are pretty rough and you are in a dress.”

“I am going to play no matter what I’m wearing.”

Keegan passed me the ball.

“Show us how straight you can kick.” Keegan demanded. I slowly ran the ball towards the goal and kicked it straight in.

“That was a fluke get her to kick it from the side!” Lee another one of Ryan’s friends said. I walked so I was basically standing side on to the goals and I still kicked it in.

“Can I play now?” I asked impatiently.

“Look Tash, you are tiny compared to us we have a lot more muscle than you, if we tackle you we might break you.” Jai explained.

“Look I am used to being tackled by 18 year old guys, you guys are nothing!” I said.

“Fine she can play but if she gets hurt it’s her fault!” JJ reminded me.

“Alright let’s play!” I said rubbing my hands together.

We picked our teams and I was chosen immediately to go on Ryan’s team. I was a ford which was cool to know they wanted me kicking their goals.

Recess had finished. The game was done. 24-0 our win. My goals. That was a bit exciting.

It had been a long day and even though I had made friends I just wanted to go home do my homework and go to bed.

Me: Bernie, meet me at the coffee shop around the corner from school xx

Bernie: Sure be there at 4pm xx

“Tash?” Nathan questioned.

“Hey Nathan, how are you?” I asked.

“Yeah fine, where are you off to?” He asked.

“The coffee shop around the corner wanna join me?”

“Sure.” He smiled “We can drive there come with me.”

We walked to the driving lot and I got into his car. A red Suzuki swift. We drove to the coffee shop and we got out coffees.

“So you coming to the party this Saturday?” He asked.

“Yeah, can my friend Bernie come?” I asked.

“Sure that sounds fine.” Nathan said “I saw you hanging around with the year 11 pricks, playing football, your quite good.”

“Thanks.”

“Why don’t you come and chill with us next lunch time. The year 11s are dickheads come and hang with the year 12s they are much nicer and they’ll actually care about you not about your looks and your boyfriend.”

“Why are you asking me this?” I questioned him.

“Because I am your work friend we are meant to look out for each other!” He responded.

“Look its my first day I just want to fit I with everyone, be everyone’s friends and once I do that then I’ll come and chill with you but right now I just need some friends my age.”

“Alright but the offer is always there.”

I heard the sound of cameras flashing.  Yup the paps found me.

“Who is this young lad Tash?” The man asked.

“I work with him and he is a friend from school.” I replied with a smile.

“How are things with Harry?” The man said asking more and more questions.

“Great, we have been talking a lot and everything is fine.”

“Are you sure? Has he told you about his new lady friend?”

“Harry is allowed to have friends that are girls and I am allowed friends that are boys, we aren’t jealous types. Sorry to disappoint you.” I smiled. The man walked away.

“Do they do this to you a lot?” Nathan asked.

“When they find me they do it constantly.” I replied.

I heard a car horn, it was Bernie. I said goodbye to Nathan and went into the car.

“Who is that?” Bernie asked.

“Nathan, school and work friend you’re going to his party with me this Saturday. You have no choice.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 68 24
Andy's parents die in car accident. Now Andy and her three siblings have to move from Canada to England to live with their Aunt Lily. Andy is very an...
21.2K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
26K 261 38
Kylie Styles is a 16 year old normal girl. Except for one part. Shes Harry Styles little sister. Kylie is really good friends with all of them band...
24.2K 380 36
Laura, 19 year old girl, joins university when she suddenly finds herself falling for a boy named Harry. With a bit of ups and downs in Laura's life...