Now or Never

By ASE715

BOOK 3 OF 3 It all comes down to this. The final fight. It's now or never. This story will contain Spider-Man... More

Chapter 1 ~ Turn Back Time
Chapter 2 ~ Sneaking Out
Chapter 3 ~ Alone
Chapter 4 ~ You Need Help
Chapter 5 ~ Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 7 ~ Bet he'll say no
Chapter 8 ~ Fate of the universe
Chapter 9 ~ Get lost, Squidward
Chapter 10 ~ Looking like shit
Chapter 11 ~ Takes the end of the world to bring us together
Chapter 12 ~ Just like Phantom Menace
Chapter 13 ~ We're in the endgame now
Chapter 14 ~ Aftermath
Chapter 15 ~ Where's Fury?
Chapter 16 ~ Let's go get this son of a bitch
Chapter 17 ~ Moving on
Chapter 18 ~ EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!!
Chapter 19 ~ Nicky?
Chapter 20 ~ Not even for Peter?
Chapter 21 ~ We're gonna need a really big brain
Chapter 22 ~ Getting the gang back together
Chapter 23 ~ The game is on
Chapter 24 ~ America's Ass
Chapter 25 ~ My dog can frickin' talk!
Chapter 26 ~ Now or never
Chapter 27 ~ Okay ladies, now let's get in formation
Chapter 28 ~ We're gonna be okay
Chapter 29 ~ One final mission
Chapter 30 ~ We didn't start the fire
Bonus: Back In Time

Chapter 6 ~ If the kid is dead, so are you

828 16 7
By ASE715

"Peter you look so handsome." I take a step back and admire his suit along with his Aunt May after tying his tie.

He pulls at the collar. "Are you sure?"

"Yes Peter. You have nothing to worry about." May says to him.

He turns around and grabs the corsages off his bed. "I have two corsages. I need you guys to pick one."

May and I both laugh and we pick one for him as he rushes about his room.

May shakes his head and turns to me. "It's really nice to finally meet you (Y/n). Peter has spoken very highly of you. I just want to thank you for being there for him... even after he lost the Stark Internship."

"Of course! Pete and I have grown close over the past year. He's become like a little brother to me." I smile softly at her.

The Stark Internship was the cover story Tony made up for Pete being Spider-Man. And as I suspected yesterday, Peter did leave me a depressing voicemail which almost made me cry. Oh and another thing... don't ever play Tony Stark in Mario Kart he will destroy you.

I see Peter spraying on some cologne and fixing his hair in the mirror. May sees this too and we both chuckle at his nervousness.

"Peter you look fine," May says and comes up behind him, squeezing his shoulders.

Peter nods as he tries to convince himself. "Yeah, yeah." He turns around so he can face May. "Hey I'll meet you downstairs I just want to talk to (Y/n) real quick."

May looks back at me before looking at Peter. She nods and leaves the room.

I smile at the kid in front of me. "So how does it feel? Taking the girl of your dreams to homecoming. You excited?"

"Yeah, I guess..."

I frown at his unenthusiastic response and raise a brow at him. "Alright. What's on your mind?"

"I just... I feel like I failed Mr. Stark. Spider-Man was everything to me and I let him down. He took the suit."

"Pete," I say and put a hand on his shoulder. "That suit didn't make you Spider-Man. It was your actions, your character, your heart. You're still a hero with or without that suit. You just gotta show him that."

Peter looks up at me, giving me a small smile. "Man you are really good at those inspirational speeches."

I chuckle. "Well I did learn from a certain someone," I say as I think of Dad. "C'mon we should meet May downstairs or she'll start to worry."

He nods and we both make our way down the stairs.

"I think we're ready to go," I say as we make our way to the living room.

May jumps up from the couch. "I forgot to take pictures!"

Peter groans and I laugh at his reaction. "They're not that bad. Lighten up." I nudge his shoulder before going over to May and also whipping my phone out to take pictures.

"(Y/n) you should get in the photo with him," May suggests.

"What? Oh no-no-no. Thank you though." I say.

"C'mon. 'They're not that bad. Lighten up.'" Peter teases me.

I roll my eyes with a wide smile. "Alright." I make my way over to him and wrap an arm around his shoulder. "Smartass," I mutter for only him to hear. He only snickers.

Once May is done taking the pictures I let go and turn to her. "Did you teach him how to dance?"

She nods. "Yeah. He's been practicing all week."

"Well I think it's time to go then. I'll drive you to Liz's house, Pete."

"Are you sure?" May asks worriedly. "You've already risked getting in trouble even coming here." She says and gestures to my ankle cuff. She knows about me hacking it but she promised she wouldn't tell.

"Yeah it's fine. I check it once in a while to make sure they think I'm still at the compound. I learned my lesson last time when I didn't check constantly."

May nods. "Alright."

"Bye May." Peter and I say before walking out to the car.

We get to Liz's house in no time since this car is pretty fast.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask as I pull up to Liz's house.

"Open the door for her. Tell her she looks nice but not too much because that's... creepy."

I nod. "Mmhmm. What else?"

"And, uh, when I dance with her, I'm putting my hands on her hips."

"Right." I pat his shoulder for reassurance. "Go get her Pete."

He nods. "I got this. I got this." He tells himself before grabbing the handle. He quickly turns around. "I can't do this. Can you come with me?"

I chuckle with a shake of my head. "Sure Pete."

We both get out and walk to the door. Peter just stands there shaking.

I nudge his arm. "Ring the doorbell."

"Me?" He points to himself. "No you ring it."

"What are you so nervous about? Just ring it."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

I throw my hands in the air. "Fine." I press the doorbell.

The door opens seconds later and Peter's smile fades and he freezes.

"You must be Peter." Liz's father says as he looks at Peter, not noticing me yet.

"Yeah."

Liz's father looks at me and I see his smile falter a little but he recomposes himself. "(Y/n) Rogers."

I smile. "One and only." He looks between me and Peter and I can tell he's confused. "I was his senior buddy last year and we stayed in contact. He wanted me to come and meet Liz."

He nods and holds his hand out to Peter. "Put her there." Peter shakes his hand. "Hell of a grip. Come on in here. Come on." He drags Peter inside and I follow, closing the door behind me. Liz's dad looks at me and holds his hand out for me to shake and I accept. He then goes into the kitchen and I follow only to stop when I see Peter slowing following behind.

I go over to him. "Lighten up. Stop being so nervous, you're fine." I drag him to the kitchen.

"Hi, Peter. You look very handsome." Liz's mother comes in and compliments him.

"Thank you."

She then looks at me and her eyes widen slightly. "(Y/n) Rogers."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I say with a little wave. She goes over to her husband and they have a conversation before walking past us. "I'm gonna go get Liz."

"Okay." Peter and I say.

I look at Peter to see him staring at Liz's dad, who is polishing his knives.

'Okay something's definitely wrong with him.'

"You all right, Pete?" Liz's dad asks him.

"Yeah."

"Because you look pale."

"And you're acting weird. Well weirder than normal." I add.

"You want something to drink? Like a bourbon or a scotch, or something like that?" He looks between the two of us.

"I'm not old enough to drink." Peter answers.

"That's the right answer."

I let out a soft chuckle. "That doesn't stop me though. Not like I can get drunk with my fast metabolism anyway." I shrug. Liz's dad lets out a chuckle.

His eyes then go wide. "Wow!" Peter and I turn only to see Liz looking beautiful as ever in her homecoming dress. "Wow, wow, wow, do you look beautiful."

"Holy schnikes!" I exclaim as my eyes widen at the sight of her.

"Please don't embarrass me, Dad," Liz says.

"Doesn't she, Pete?"

I nudge him to speak up.

"Yeah, you look really good," Peter says as Liz comes over to stand with us.

"Once again, that's the right answer."

"Is that a corsage?" Liz asks, eyeing the pink corsage in his hand.

Peter continues to stare at her father as he hands her the corsage.

"Thanks."

I look at Liz. "It's nice to finally meet you Liz. Peter has spoken a lot about you."

Peter nudges me. "Dude." He whispers and I only chuckle.

Liz chuckles. "It's nice to meet you too (Y/n)."

Peter clears his throat. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" He asks. They all look at me.

"Nope!" I say, popping the 'p'. "I'm driving you guys to the dance so you can't get rid of me that easily."

"Well I thought you had to help Happy with the move?" Peter pushes.

"Happy can do that on his own." I brush off.

"I'll drive the kids." Liz's dad says. "You go do what you have to do, (Y/n)."

"You sure?" I ask. "Because I have time and can get them there really fast."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Now let's get this show on the road."

"No, no, no, no, we have to take some pictures, babe. All right. Oh, right here. Perfect." Liz's mom says as she grabs a camera and I move out of the way.

"You're right!" I say and pull out my phone.

"Mom," Liz complains.

"Okay. Come on, you guys. Peter, closer." She gestures for Peter to move closer. "Smile. There you go."

I take a few pictures but notice that Peter's attention isn't on us but on Liz's dad. I furrow my brows.

'Okay. I'm definitely missing something.'

I look in the corner of my eyes to see Liz's father eyeing me.

'Something's wrong. I don't like this.'

"Sir, you don't have to drive us. (Y/n) can drive us."

"Nah, nah, it's not a big deal. I'm going out of town. It's right on my way."

"He's always coming and going." Liz's mother explains.

"Last time. Promise."

Peter looks at me and I can see the worry and concern in his eyes.

I grab his arm and we turn to face away from them. "I can see something's bothering you. What's wrong?"

Peter opens his mouth to say something but is cut off.

"Come on, Pedro." Liz's father calls to Peter.

Peter and I look back at them and I can see Liz's father giving me a look... like a death glare.

'Did I kill his dog or something? I don't like that look and he's giving me a bad vibe.'

I start to walk out with Peter.

"Bye, Peter. Have fun." Liz's mom says.

"Yeah, I will."

"It was nice meeting you (Y/n)."

"You too. You have a lovely house by the way." I compliment.

"Thank you."

Peter and I walk out of the house and I walk him to the car where Liz is already waiting inside. I look at Peter and it looks like he's giving me a pleading look.

I straighten his tie and fix his jacket on him. "Call me if you need anything," I tell him and he nods. I pull him into a hug. "You're gonna do great. Just have fun."

We pull away and he nods. "Thanks (Y/n)."

I nod and Peter hops in the car. I look back at Liz's dad to see him watching our interaction.

I wave to Liz. "Bye Liz, have fun! That dress looks really nice on you by the way."

"Thank you. Again, it was nice to meet you." She says inside the car.

I give her father a slight wave goodbye and then head to my car.

'Something's up. And I want to know what it is.'

I get in my car and take off to the compound. I get out and park the car, ready to walk inside but stop. I look around, feeling like I'm being watched. After finding nothing I just shake it off and hurry to the elevator, taking it to the living room.

"Do we have to go out tonight?" I hear Tony ask as the elevator door opens. "I don't want to leave (Y/n) by herself. Last time I did she decided to go into my Vodka stash."

I walk over to where Tony is talking to Pepper. "That was one time!" I exclaim and they both look at me. I chuckle. "I'll be fine Tony. You and Pepper go out. You deserve it."

Pepper smiles at me. "Thank you."

"No problem." I chuckle as Pepper pushes Tony to go get ready.

Pepper then looks at me. "Are you sure you'll be alright?" She asks, her face full of concern.

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine. Probably just going to watch something on Youtube or something."

Pepper nods. "Alright. Don't be afraid to call us if you need anything."

I nod. "I know. I know. Now go get changed." I say and push her towards the rooms.

She chuckles. "Okay, okay."

She leaves the living room and I lay on the couch. I take out my phone and watch some videos on Youtube. I don't know how long I've been watching videos but I start to doze off.

"Little Rogers, you're getting an incoming call." FRIDAY's voice fills the room all of a sudden which jolts me up.

I look down at my phone that slid down my chest and to my lap. Without looking at the ID I answer the phone and Ned's face comes on my screen.

"Ned?"

"(Y/n) listen! Don't hang up please!"

"Why would I hang up? Ned what's going on? Is Peter okay?" I bombard him with questions as I start to worry for the kid.

"You know the guy with wings selling the alien weapons? That's Liz's dad!"

My eyes widen. "What? You're joking right?"

"No! He threatened Peter and told him to stay out of his way!"

"I knew something was up with him. He kept staring at me and it was creepy. That explains why Peter was acting weirder than usual around him." I say, piecing it together. "What's his game plan?"

"He's going after the plane! He wants what's on the plane!

"Shit!" I say and rush to the elevator. I rush out to my car and get in, placing Ned on the dashboard as I drive the car to Avengers Tower as fast as I can. "Ned, where's Peter?"

"He went after him! He's gonna try to stop him!"

"Did you call Happy?"

"He hung up on us!"

"I'm gonna kill him," I grumble. "Alright, I'm going to try to stop the launch. You keep Peter safe and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid!" I say as I maneuver the car in and out of traffic.

"On it!"

I hang up the call just as I pull up to the tower.

'Can't call Tony. He's on his dinner date with Pepper and I don't want to ruin that. They deserve it after all.'

I get out only to see the plane is already in the air. I run inside, getting in the elevator and pressing the button to the living room, knowing Happy will be there celebrating his success on getting the plane in the air. When the elevator dings open I see Happy sitting on the couch with a drink in his hand, celebrating his success like I knew he would be.

"HAPPY!"

The glass in his hand shatters to the floor as he jumps. He freezes as he looks at me. I walk further into the room, ready to scold him when I look out the window and my eyes widen. Happy follows my gaze and his eyes grow wide as well. We watch the streak of orange that is supposed to be the plane as it falls straight at Coney Island.

"Don't tell me that's—"

"Peter." I breathe out and then glare at Happy, who flinches at my death glare. "If the kid is dead, so are you. Come on!"

The two of us rush out and to the elevator.

"Wait. What about..." Happy trails off and gestures to my cuff.

"I'm working on it!" I say, already having my phone out to hack it. I finish hacking it as soon as the elevator opens. "Come on!"

We run out and hop into my car.

"What did you do?" He asks.

"I hacked it. Not my first time either." I say as I pull off, driving the car as fast as I can to Coney Island.

I waste no time. Happy goes on his phone, making some calls to get agents to meet us there. The moment we arrive there I skid the car to a stop and hop out. Happy and I rush over to the destruction. Broken pieces of Coney Island and the plane are all over the ground and there's fire all around us. We see a pile of crates and make our way over to that and our eyes widen at the sight.

Liz Allan's dad is webbed up to the pile of boxes that were saved from the plane. Happy flashes the light at him and he looks at the two of us before looking at the note webbed next to his head.

FOUND FLYING VULTURE GUY

—SPIDER-MAN

PS. SORRY ABOUT YOUR PLANE

I smirk as a team of agents rush over to the two of us.

'I'm proud of you, Pete.'

So the next chapter is the last chapter for Spider-Man: Homecoming and then it moves into Infinity War so just be prepared for that!

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 6.5K 43
Different imagines of situations with different marvel characters - most will be avengers - I do not own any of the marvel characters- all rights fo...
4K 181 43
After a mishap on a mission, it's decided the Avengers need to be monitored. But not all agree. And on top of all that, one is blamed for something...
1.6K 36 39
The Avengers are about to fight their greatest battle yet. The battle for the entire world. Will they succeed or will they fail? And what about the...
19K 561 44
"If this kid lifts this hammer, I'm retiring" "Okay kid, we don't got all day you know!" "You happy now, Stark?" "Very Impressive niece, but the r...