Since You Been Gone

By Cass17

Dawn Richard has it all. The perfect career, money, house, cars, clothes...the perfect fiance. But all that c... More

Since You Been Gone: Chapter 1
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 2
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 3
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 4
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 5
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 6
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 7
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 8
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 9
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 10
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 11
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 12
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 14
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 15
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 16
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 17
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 18
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 19
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 20
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 21
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 22
Since You Been Gone: Chapter 24

Since You Been Gone: Chapter 13

730 5 2
By Cass17

*6 Months Later*

It's been six months since Aundrea and Rudy broke up and six months since Aubrey lost the baby. Everyone gathered at Dawn and Que's house to help the couple celebrate their baby shower. Everything was decorated in pink and white because Dawn found out she was having a girl. Everyone was there, Diddy and his twins D'lila and Jessie, DK and the Day 26. Que was in the kitchen getting some food ready, when Dawn came waddling in.

"Hey," Que said, smiling at Dawn's waddle.

"Hey poppa," Dawn said rubbing her ever growing belly.

"Are you hungry?" Que asked

"No, but I do need something to drink" Dawn said, getting up from the stool.

She grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. Aubrey and D.Woods walked holding two big pink bags. Dawn was surprised when she saw Aubrey walking in her kitchen. After losing her baby, it was a surprise to see her at the baby shower.

"Hey everyone," Aubrey said, smiling at Dawn who still stood by the sink

"Hey girl, thanks for coming." Dawn said, giving her a hug

"You know I wouldn't miss this for the world." Aubrey said, rubbing Dawn's belly.

"Girl, you look so cute with your little belly." D.Woods said to Dawn, giving her a hug.

"Thanks, but I'm ready to get her out." Dawn said, as her baby kicked her in her rib.

Que gathered the food and headed outside. When he got outside, Drea and Rob help him set up the tables.

"How does it feel to have a baby on the way?" Rob asked.

"Its surreal, I can't wait to see her face." Que said with excitement.

"Everyone's excited, she's gonna be so spoiled." Rob said laughing.

Everything was set up and everyone arrived. The party was on its way to being started. Dawn and Que greeted their guests and were having fun...

It's been a couple of weeks since the baby shower, the longer she's pregnant the more uncomfortable Dawn becomes. She was lying on the couch, when she started feeling pains in her lower back. The pains were so strong, she started crying.

"QUE!" Dawn screamed, trying to fight her tears.

Que came running from the kitchen, he looked at Dawn and knew it was time for the birth of their blessing. Que helped Dawn to her feet. As she stood, there was another contraction. She grabbed Que and he held on to her waist.

"Baby, get the bag from upstairs." Dawn said, wiping the sweat from her forehead.

Que did what he was told, he came back downstairs to see Dawn bent over at the table.

"Baby, you alright?" Que asked

"Yeah, another contraction" Dawn said, breathing through the pain.

About five minutes later, Dawn and Que left the house. Que made sure he called everyone, including Dawn's parents and his mother. No one wanted to miss the birth of an angel.

Dawn and Que pulled up to the hospital, he parked in the emergency parking and helped Dawn out the car. He grabbed her things and headed inside.

"I need a wheelchair" Que shouted

Que was sweating bullets; he was nervous and excited at the same time. He wanted everything to go right. The nurse rolled a wheelchair to Dawn and helped her sit down. They wheeled her up to a room; Que helped her get in the hospital gown.

"I love you baby" Que said to Dawn.

"I love you too poppa."

Dawn was then hooked up to the machines; she had a contraction every 3 minutes. The doctor came in, checked Dawn and she was ready to push.

"I think this little bundle of joy is gonna make her appearance rather soon." the doctor announced.

"Oh my God" Que said, as he started to panic.

Even though Que was getting ready for the birth of his daughter, it didn't hit him until then that it was happening.

"I'm going to be a father!" Que laughed.

A wave of overwhelming joy spread throughout his body. It travelled down his arms to his fingertips; from his chest to his feet and down to his toes.

"I'm gonna be a daddy!" he had to sit down because he felt so faint. He thought he might need a wheelchair.

"Yes, the baby will be coming pretty soon," the doctor answered.

Que gripped Dawn's hand tightly. About five minutes later, three nurses came bursting in the room. Dawn's breathing became more ragged and heavier. Her head was beaded with sweat. A short, blonde nurse reached across and dabbed a towel against her head.

"Aaaahhh!" Dawn suddenly screamed. "It's coming! It's coming! Hold me, Que! Hold me!" she roared. She squeezed his hand tighter until he felt his circulation almost being cut off. The doctor started shouting orders to the nurses around him.

"Nurse Ryans, get me the disinfectant soap! Quickly please! Nurse Andrew, please bring me some gloves!" The two nurses ran out of the room saying, "Right away Doctor!"

"Mr. Mosley, I'm going to need you to wait in the waiting room, please!" the doctor said, bustling Que aside.

"No," DAWN gasped, her head lolling from side to side. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. "No, let him stay. I want him with me!"

"Ma'am, it will be too crowded in the room..."

"No!" Dawn shouted. She yelled it with so much force that the doctor jumped. She ignored the look on the doctor's face, and instead turned her attention to Que.

"Come by me, Poppa!" she smiled. The nurses came back with a big box of gloves and a small, pink bottle of hand soap. The doctor washed his hands, put on the blue mouth guard and stepped into his blue cover jacket.

"Just stand here and hold her hand, okay?" Que nodded, and walked over to Dawn's side. She looked in so much pain and he wanted to do something to help her, but he didn't know what. He kissed her hand gently and wiped her sweaty hair off her face.

"Push!" the doctor ordered. Dawn began straining and screaming. The sound was unpleasant to Que's ears. He help her hand helplessly and stared at he contorted face.

"Push!" the doctor ordered again. This went on again for about 25 minutes until Que heard a small cry. His head snapped up and looked in the direction of the nurses. His baby was here! Que stood up, but Dawn continued to hold onto his hand.

"No," she choked out weakly. Que reluctantly sat back down. Que's heart jumped up as he stared at the beautiful baby in the doctor's arms. The baby was wrapped in a soft, velvety blanket. Tears welled up in Que's eyes. "Can I hold her?"

The doctor nodded and leaned forwards to hand the baby to Que. He looked down at his baby's beautiful medium-toned butterscotch skin. It was flawless and soft. Her eyes were bright with the lights that filled the room. Her little fists clenched as her lungs filled up with air. She screamed and bawled her lungs out. As she yelled, he noticed deep dimples forming in her cheeks.

"Let me see her!" Dawn said. Que walked over with pride as he held his first-born in his arms. He handed the baby down to Dawn as her eyes sparkled with tears. She stroked the baby's face lovingly and shushed it.

"She's beautiful" Dawn said as a tear slid from her eye.

"Yes, she has your eyes" Que said, falling in love with his daughter.

Dawn and Que couldn't believe they could create such a beautiful child.

"What are going to name her?" Que asked

"How about Destiny Angelique Mosley" Dawn answered

"I love it" Que said, smiling.

He looked at his beautiful daughter and fiancé and felt his world was complete...

*There's been quite a bit of love with the birth and the wedding coming up, so I thought I'd shake it up with some drama in a couple of chapters, continue reading to find out! It gets VERY crazy! Vote and Comment please!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 363 19
Not an arranged marriage story.. Love not to be completed. ... ________________________________________ CHITRESHΓ— AATHMIKA. Two people who cannot l...
103K 2.3K 49
They say destiny always make a way. BUT..... What if it is also the reason why they take away from each other? Will they be destined to be together a...
95.3K 2.9K 30
I woke up panting hard. His words were ringing in my ears, "you were just a source of time pass for me"."couldn't you just wait for sometime, you rui...
277K 6.6K 31
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...