Broken Promise

By AgainstPopularBelief

More

Broken Promise
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
title of your story

Chapter Eight

8 0 0
By AgainstPopularBelief

Hi its me again. I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to upload. I know that you all will say bullshit, but school is really hectic right now. And I realized that i left you all at a cliffhanger. I'm soooooo sorry.

Now before we get down to business I have to ask you all to tell your friends about me and vote for me because people look at the reads and votes of the story as well as if it looks interesting. Also please start commenting on my story. Your feedback could make it much better. Be that person to make it better and tell me what you think of my writing.

And I am going to put up a new story, it's called Life as Assassin. Its about an orphan who lives with Indians on an island full of pirates and she goes around saving the Indians and killing pirates. It has magic, adventure love, and blood so all the good stuff. I'll post as much as I can. Enjoy.

Recap

    "Alexander?" I gasped. He pulled the knife out and smirked. He whispered in my ear, "You deserve this." And plunged the knife into my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I screamed and felt hands on my arms pinning me down. I struggled to get out of the persons grasp.

  "Lola wake up. Wake up!" A voice yelled. My eyes snapped open and I saw crystal clear blue ones staring back at me with worry.

   I recoiled from my memories of the dream. Alexander hovered over me on my bed, still holding onto my arms. I shoved him away from me and sat up. Which wasn't easy since he was still half on top of me. He got off of me and blushed. I laughed dryly at him and burst out into tears again.

   Alexander pulled me into his chest and cooed "It's okay. It's gonna be all right. They can't hurt you now." He said while he rubbed my back. I didn't question how he knew it was about my dad but then I remembered him killing me in the dream and I immediately stiffened in his arms.  

  He must have noticed because he held me at arms length now and looked into my eyes as if the answers were written there. Sorry buddy but after sixteen years of hiding any sign of  my emotions from anyone and everyone you aren't going to find anything."Is something wrong?" I just nodded and looked at anything but Alexander.

"Lola what exactly was your dream about?" His voice almost cracked. He seemed really worried about me. I looked up at him to see pain in those crystal eyes of his.

    "You." I squeaked. He sighed and let go of me. He turned to put his feet off the edge of my bed, rested his elbows on his thighs and buried his face in his hands. He chucked humorlessly.

   "Yeah I kinda got that cause you talk in your sleep. More like scream if you ask me." He barely whispered the last part, I almost didn't hear it, I don't think I was meant to though. "Tell me about your nightmare."

  "Bad dream." I corrected. He looked at me like I was crazy. "What's the difference?" I shrugged and stated.

  "Nightmares are our fears and worries that get the best of us in our sleep. Dreams can be achieved and can happen. Even if its ridiculous it can still come true. So it was a bad dream." He stared at me for what seemed like hours before he finally spoke.

  "Alright then tell me about the bad dream. What was I doing in it?" He raised his eyebrows in a knowing way. I blushed at what that could have meant if it weren't a bad dream. I shrugged trying to hide how embarrassed I was at his comment and laid down. 

   "It was about my dad. He came here and he killed my aunt. He came after me and his face changed." My voice was weak and lifeless. I really didn't want to say it out loud. I just wanted to forget it.

    But I really didn't want Alexander to know that he killed me and causes me to start screaming in my dreams. He probably wouldn't talk to me anymore and after I had trusted him with my life story I don't know what to do.

  "Where was I when this happened in the dream? Was I dead or something?" Normally a person wouldn't dwell on what they were doing in the dream they would have comforted the person. But he seemed intent on finding out.

"Mydadsfacechangedintoyoursandyoukilledme!" I said it fast so he wouldn't understand but I kind of hoped he did so I didn't have to repeat myself. I knew that he would never talk to me again after this I could just see it happening.

  He looked at me with shock but it quickly changed into sympathy and something else I couldn't read. He stood up and started pacing around the room. He looked like he was debating with himself. I watched him pace for about ten minutes when I started to get a headache. I stood up and followed him but ran into his back when he suddenly stopped.

  "Ow." I rubbed my forehead. He sat down and beckoned me over to him.

  "What exactly happened in the dream?" I shook my head not wanting to recall.

  "I heard noises and went downstairs. I saw my aunt get thrown across the room and I hid. She ran after me also trying to hide but the person caught up to her and killed her." I got shivers just from remembering. "He turned around and I saw my father, he charged at me and grabbed me by my throat then pushed me against a wall. Then he changed and suddenly it was you and not my father.  You leaned in and said something to me before you stabbed me in the heart." He looked at me and wiped a tear, I didn't know was on my face, away. I looked at the remorse in his eyes and burst into tears for the third time in front of him.

  He pulled me into a hug and laid down with me in his arms.

   "Shh, everything will be alright. I would never do something like that to you." The last part seemed to be indecisive but I didn't care because all I wanted to do was stay in his arms and cry.

   He let go of me and stood up. He walked over to the door, but I don't want him to leave. For the first time in a while I felt safe with someone and now they are just leaving when I needed them.

   "Don't go Alex. Please stay." I begged as I sat up. He smiled down at me and turned off the light. I winced at how dark it was but I can still see him through the moonlight coming through the windows. He looked serene with the light hitting his face and features making him seem angelic.

   He walked back over and climbed under the covers.

  "I'm not going anywhere, this is my bed too you know. Your aunt didn't want me sleeping on the couch so she let me sleep in here." He stated like it was obvious. I smiled and wiped away the tear tracks that were drying. And I crawled over to him, as he opened his arms. He started to sing Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm by Sleeping with Sirens in a deep voice while I mouthed the words.

I lost my heart

My home is the ocean

The waves underneath will soon be my home

I will fall asleep

I'll close my eyes and dream of days

When I wasn't all alone

All that I know is gone

Fall deeper and deeper

The sirens are singing their song

I miss my breath there's no more left

I miss the sound of the wind at my back

The depths have a number

They call you by name

Fall asleep Davy Jones calls you

So fall asleep fall asleep and dream

I yawned and closed my eyes while I listened to the end of the song.

All that I know is gone

Fall deeper and deeper

The sirens are singing their song

All that I know is gone

Fall deeper and deeper

The sirens are singing their song

   I woke up to the sun shining in through the windows. I stirred, not wanting to get up and go to school but I didn't have a choice. I tried to get off the bed but an arm around my waist tightened it's grip on me. I smelled what I think is Hollister's cologne and looked up to see Alexander, and everything from yesterday came back to me. I frowned and tried to get up without waking Alexander.

  I looked around and realized this was my cousins room. He was currently in college, his second year I think, and realized how much I had missed in those six years. I frowned fighting back tears that were close to the surface and pushed again on Alex's chest trying to get up.

  I heard a deep chuckle and looked to see Alexander wide awake and looking amused.

  "Why the long face? Not happy to see the sexy man beast right next to you." He gestured to himself and then struck what I assume is his impression of a models pose. I snorted at his attempts at humoring me. He copied me and grinned.

  "I don't see any sexy man beasts here, just you. And that isn't much." I retorted. He pretended to be shocked but then grabbed me and flipped me over so he was on top of me. My eyes widened at how fast it happened.

  "Now you're in for it." I tried not to snort but then he got this wild look in his eyes and he started tickling me.

  I screamed and laughed at the same time. I tried grabbing his wrists and pushing him off me but I couldn't, he was to strong.

  "Alex stop. Please stop I'll do anything just stop tickling me." I screamed again and he let go off me. I rolled off the bed before he started to tickle me again.

   "Anything?" I nodded even though I might regret it. "Smile more often it suits you." I nodded. WTF. God he's weird. Smile, I do smile. I looked at him with confusion. He got up and walked over to me. He stopped when his face was inches away from mine. I was enveloped in his Hollister cologne. He put both of his hands on either side of my face and pulled up on the corners of my mouth with his thumbs. I shivered at the contact and pulled away smiling.

  "See what I mean. Smile. Look on the bright side, your roughly six feet tall." He sang the last part of that in an out of pitch and range voice. I grinned at his rendition of On the Brightside by NeverShoutNever.

  "You are such a dork Alex. And I'm five'nine" that doesn't make me six feet tall." I took a step back trying to get away from him before I started sniffing him like a weirdo.

  "No I'm not. I'm adorkable." I rolled my eyes at the combination of dork and adorable and went to go downstairs. I heard some movement in the kitchen and smelled bacon and eggs.

   "Ooh food. I'm starving." Alexander shouted like a five year old and plowed past me screaming "Bacon!" I laughed and followed him downstairs.

   I walked into the kitchen to see Alex shoveling food into his mouth. He might be the reason we have a bacon shortage, I thought. I smirked at how childish and silly he looked. His black hair covered his eyes and he was wearing his jeans and shirt from yesterday so he looked bedraggled.

  I sat down next to Alex and my aunt put a small plate of eggs and toast. She remembered I hate bacon.

   "Thanks Aunt Hannah. You remembered from six years ago?" She looked at me with affection and love you would expect to see from a mom looking at her newborn.

  "I would never forget. All I ever made for the first few months after you were taken from me was toast and eggs because I still thought you were  here." My heart swelled with joy and I felt so evil for not contacting her because she must have loved me. I can't explain how happy I feel because of how much she cares about me. I felt tears prick at the corner of my eyes so I looked down at my plate picking at my food.

   It was silent for a few moments before Alex slammed down his empty glass and fork. I jumped at the loud noise causing my orange juice to spill.

  "Alex you jackass. Look at what you made me do."

I slapped his arm and showing that I was angry with him but he knew me, even after one day of actually meeting me, and smiled sheepishly at me and gave me puppy dog eyes. I caved and fluffed his hair like he was a little kid. He squirted milk at me through his teeth and ran out of the room giggling like a maniac.

   I screamed and ran after him into the living room. I ended up circling him around the couch. He would try to fake going one way and I would go the other.

    I was getting tired and was about to give up when he jumped over the couch and tackled me into the chair. I tried to push him off me but it was no use. He was still laughing and grinning down at me. He grabbed hold of my waist and threw me over his shoulder just like Taylor did except Alex didn't slap my ass.

  "Alex please no more I'm tired. Put me down!" I whined even though I was having a blast acting like the kid I never was.

He carried me into the kitchen and set me down effortlessly in my chair. My aunt had apparently cleaned the juice up and was putting away dishes. I'm trying to catch my breath from all the excitement and laughing. I have slight head rush but I don't care it is so much fun being around Alex.

    I haven't felt like this in a while. I feel like I am free and nothing can stop me but I also feel childish and light. It's interesting feeling all of these different things at once usually I feel afraid, untrustworthy, angry, guilty, and sad. But none of those can make my mood change.

   "So how long have you two been dating?" Aunt Hannah pried breaking the silence. Alex and I stared at her in shock from the question. I looked at Alex at the same time he looked at me and we broke out into laughter. 

   "What's so funny about dating?" She wailed like a little girl which caused us to laugh even harder.

  "We aren't dating we are just friends." Alex stated being the first to recover. Hannah looked at us in shock and mumbled something along the lines of 'Could have fooled me' but I let it go, she didn't know about my life and that was my fault so of course she would ask questions.

  "Well I know you have some catching up to do so I'm going to take a shower if that's alright?" Alex asked obviously wanting to give us alone time. I smiled my thanks as my aunt showed him the bathroom and gave him some sweatpants and a t-shirt I assume were my uncles.

  I smiled at how adorable he looked. I quickly snapped out of it because I barely know the guy but here I am gawking at him.

  "How has life been for you? I know some from what the court has told me but other than that I don't know how everything has been." Hannah asked after we heard the shower turn on. I blushed but didn't mind, I put her through a lot and she helped me through a lot. Plus four years is a long time to not talk to anyone.

   "Umm...Well things have been pretty great for the most part. Grace and Kyle, my adopted parents are really nice so I can't complain. School is boring but I'm in eleventh instead of tenth grade. I have great friends and I still preform when I get the chance but it's mostly for myself not a crowd like I used to do. Yup that's about it." I popped the 'p' in yup and started spinning in my chair at the island like a little kid. I couldn't help it they are really fun to play with.

  "Well I heard you were in a good place and that the people, what did you say their names were...um Kyle and Grace, were looking for someone who they can give their love and affection to. I knew that you were going to a good place and I couldn't argue with that. I was informed that you see a therapist every week just to check on things. Plus I was told never to see you unless you want to see me because the lawyers said I might bring back to many memories so that's why I haven't been able to contact you over the years and I assumed you didn't want to see me." I was shocked at her words, not allowed to see me unless I wanted to see her, I was told that I didn't see her because she signed me off to the courts. Grace and Kyle have some explaining to do when I get home.

  My phone buzzed in my pocket. A text from Grace  'Where are you?' I answered at my aunts and went back to my breakfast.

  "Who was that from?" My aunt asked me. I choked on my eggs. Wow didn't expect her to ask me about the text. I looked down at my phone.

  "Umm Grace, my foster mom. She wanted to know why I wasn't in school." I stated simply trying not to sound guilty but knowing that my aunt was going to become a storm.

  "You had school today I know but it would be pointless to go back with a two hour drive ahead of you." She said so calmly and truthfully that I didn't know how to respond. The old Aunt Hannah would have freaked out if she found out I had skipped school but this Hannah was definitely different.

  After the initial shock I was able to regain my composure. "Thanks Hannah it means a lot to me. I didn't have much for school work anyway. As for Alex, he just got here a few days ago so he has to make up a lot of work as it is. He's smart, he'll figure it out." I looked at the clock and realized that it was noon. Great slept through half the day, not the best thing for a Tuesday but at least I got my nine hours.

  I put the dishes in the sink and went to see if Alex was out of the shower so I could take one. Right as I got to the front step of the staircase Alex starts walking down the stairs, his shaggy, black, hair hanging over his eyes. He had on really baggy sweatpants and the t-shirt he wore yesterday. Even in sweatpants he looked hot.

   I turned around in hope he didn't see me checking him out. He followed me into the kitchen and let me sit down at the island. And then he sat on top of me. I gasped from how heavy he was even though he looked to be about 120-140 pounds.

  "Alex get off of me!" I whined, I really wanted to take a shower and he was sitting on top of me. Not the easiest thing to do.

  "Have you ever noticed I always seem to end up on top of you?" He asked oblivious to my struggling.

  "Yes, I have. Maybe it's because you weigh a ton or maybe it's just that it always prevents me from doing something." I was running out of air and my legs were falling asleep.

  "Your mistake for sitting in my chair." Of course this earned him a slap on the arm. I was sitting in the same chair as I was in for breakfast.

  "I was sitting here at breakfast. Your seat is the other one." I pointed, as best as someone with a teenage boy on their lap, to the chair next to me.

  He shook his head, hitting me in the face with his hair. "But I want this one." He cried like a four year old. "So get out of the chair."

   I laughed at how adorable he was being. "Okay you can have the chair…" He started bouncing on my lap and clapping his hands and screaming Yay. "But I can't get out of the chair unless you get off me." The last part was more of a plea than a statement. 

  "Oh sorry." He got up and went to the other chair. I moaned from all the weight that had been lifted from and slammed back on my lap.

  "Hey Alex. I'm going to take a shower. I'll be back in thirty minutes or so. Kay?" He nodded so I went to take a much needed shower to get rid of my stress.

  "Lola wait!" I turned around to see Alex standing in the doorway a serious look on his face. I could see his eyes perfectly, the blue was just as mesmerizing as they always were.

  "What Alex? What could be so important that you have to take time away from my shower?" I know I was being rude but the shower was so I could think about all that's happening. I always take an hour shower everyday because I spend twenty minutes just thinking about my life and my past so I can cry and no one will know because my tear tracks are washed away. That's also why I love the rain.

   "I'm hungry." He stated, like I was supposed to do something about it.

  "So..."

  "Go make me a sandwich woman!" Sarcasm wasn't one of the things he's good at apparently. But the way he said it made me laugh even though it was sexist.

  "Go…make it...yourself…" I choked through laughs. God he was so fucking hilarious with his girly pose and fake serious face. I clutched my stomach because it was hurting so much.

  "Fine go take your shower. I see how it is." He went to the fridge and started pulling out random foods like asparagus, relish, sardines, and other weird foods. He stared at them for a while in concentration like he was trying to figure out what they were for. Then he started grabbing loaves of bread. That took him another few minutes to try to decide.

   He grabbed twelve grain bread and some relish and dumped the relish all over the counter. He was shocked and tried cleaning it up with his hands which was a big mistake because it got all over the floor and down the cabinets. 

  'He really doesn't know what he's doing does he?' A voice in my head said, so I walked into the hallway and grabbed a sponge and a mop from the closet.

   He must not have heard me come into the room because when I kneeled down beside him with the mop he jumped. I grabbed his hands and stood up and walked, pulling him with me, to the sink. I turned the faucet on and grabbed some soap and washed his hands in mine.

    When I was done I looked up at him to see him staring at me like I was god. I didn't know how to react so I just smiled and started cleaning up the kitchen. I put away all of the food items except for whole grain bread, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and turkey breasts.

   I grabbed a cutting board and a knife to cut the cheddar and spread the mayo. Once I was done with the sandwich I set it in front of him and he instantly started shoveling it in his mouth. Wow the boy gets hungry fast. In two minutes he managed to clean his plate and even licked his fingers in case he missed anything.

  I must have been staring because he looked at me and laughed. I caulked my head to the side to show confusion.

   "Best sandwich ever. Hell best food ever." Oh I never realized my food was so good considering I never really ate but when I did I usually at packaged food. But I cooked for Dannie, Grace, and Kyle all of the time. I guess its just from practice.

   "Thank you. Now may I shower?" I'm glad he liked my food but I still needed to unwind.

   "Yes…but you will be making me another sandwich soon." he gave me the death glare like if I didn't then he would kill me which I didn't really get.

  As I walked out of the room I heard him mumble "Shame." 

Mysterious P.O.V (Ooo scary)

  I texted him to see how he had settled in. I wanted to take as little time as possible for this to happen.

  I tapped my fingers on the counter while I waited for a response. I was to impatient.

  'Its going well. She trusts me should take a month or two.' He replied. A month! Or two!! I can't wait that long! How long can it take to trust someone completely? I punched the closest thing to me, a wall. I heard an unhealthy crunch and blood started to run out of my cut knuckles.

  I sighed. This was just a minor setback, I can work around it. I just needed to calm down. The more time it takes the worse it will be in the end.

  That's a good thing.

  I sat down in a chair while I cleaned my cuts. Carefully avoiding the pain.

  Yes, it's a very good thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 83 25
Days go by and cuts tear skin. A beer bottle flies and tears form within. These are the haunting visions of young Kyle, a delinquent living in utter...
107K 3.7K 34