Amira's Secret

By problem_solveit

For a span of two years, Amira, a twenty-year-old, discreetly avoids her mate within their shared pack. The l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 |Unedited|
Chapter 4 |Unedited|
Chapter 5 |Unedited|
Chapter 6 |Unedited|
Chapter 7 |Unedited|
Chapter 8 - Unedited
AUTHOR's NOTE
Chapter 9- Unedited
Author's Note
Chapter 10 |Unedited|
Chapter 11 |Unedited|
Author's Note
Chapter 12 |Unedited|
Author's Note
Chapter 13 |Unedited|
Chapter 14 |Unedited|
Chapter 16 | Unedited |
Chapter 17 |Unedited|
Chapter 18 |Unedited|
Chapter 19 |Unedited|
Chapter 20 |Unedited|
Chapter 21 |Unedited|
Chapter 22 |Unedited|

Chapter 15 |Unedited|

1.7K 64 10
By problem_solveit

The blonde male in front of me is concentrated on controlling his breathing while steadily lifting a heavy dumbbell in his left hand. I'm reluctant to ask for his attention as he doesn't seem like the type that likes being  interrupted. 

"Are you going to say something or  continue to gawk at me?" I'm taken back by is deep voice. "I wasn't gawking, and you looked busy and I didn't want to interrupt."

"If your  intention wasn't to interrupt, why bother coming over here to being with? If you have something to say, say it. I know we both have things to do" He slowly lowers the dumbbell onto the ground and stares at me without saying a word, this is quite off-putting and makes me feel self-conscious. 

I clear my throat "My name is  Amira" I reach my hand out for him to shake, but instead of taking it, he continues to stare at me blankly. I draw back my hand awkwardly."

 I know who you are, you've caused a disruption in many people's lives." He stands and  points around the room "Everyone here is preparing to battle for their titles because of you" he uses a towel to dry sweat off his face. I take in what he's said, although I'm happy of the impact I've made, being viewed as disruptive isn't exactly a compliment.

 "Is that why you're here? You're afraid you'll be challenged?" 

"No, I'm not afraid of anyone" He swings his towel over his shoulder and starts packing things into his gym bag. 

"You're leaving?" I ask in panic

 He huffs "Is that a problem?" I'm starting to think approaching him was a bad idea, not only is this man rude, but he's shown himself to lack patience, which isn't a quality you would want in a trainer. 

"Yes actually,  I just wanted to ask what your position is? You're a warrior right?"

" I am" he turns his back to me and begins to walk away. I trail him like a puppy, but keep my distance in case he's peevish. "That's great. Would you mind training me then?" I figure I'll just get straight to the point. He'll either help me or he won't. 

He stops on his track and turns to me. "Train you? To do what exactly?" 

"To fight, be a warrior. I plan to challenge a certain person for their title." He takes a good look at me. "Who?" He's enticed, finally paying full attention to me. We're now at the gym threshold. 

"Does it matter?"

"It does. I need to know if you have a chance" I don't know whether I trust him enough to tell him who, but I'll take my chances.

"Her name is Cora. She's a pack warrior" 

"I know who she is. She's a good fighter, I'd say one of our best females- if not the best" This man is difficult to read, his expressions give no insight into his mind. 

He picks up his things again, ready to leave, but he's yet to give me an answer. I take it he doesn't want to train me. He must think Cora better than me. 

"You appear weak, like you've never fought anyone or anything in your life." There are certainly nicer ways he could have said what he just said. I scan my arms and legs and agree that there isn't much muscle on them, and he's right, I've never been in a physical brawl before, but somehow I'm still optimistic that that can all change in less than a month. 

"Meet me on the main track field 6am in the morning, don't be late" He says this strictly and leaves on his own. I smile inwardly, so he thinks I have a chance against Cora. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk back into the pack house expecting to meet Leo upstairs. I want to tell him that I found someone to train me.

 On my way up the our bedroom, I hear Leo's voice in the kitchen along with other voices. 

Entering the room,I find a group of about twenty people lounging around the kitchen laughing with full glasses of wine in hand, the clock reads 12am. I spot my soon to be trainer and approach him. 

"This is where you ran off to?" I say jokingly. He gets up from his seat with confidence, taking a sip of the alcohol in is glass. "You're following me now?"  

"I live here" I tell him confused. 

"Remind me to also train you on how to loosen up" He laughs taking another sip of his drink. "Funny, I didn't pin you as the type to like jokes" I jab back. 

We both stare at each other with straight faces before bursting into laughter. He offers me a drink, which I decline. 

"So, what is all this about? Isn't it too late for a meeting?" I ask him.  

"Your mate didn't tell you?" He takes another sip 

"Tell me what?" 

"His birthday is next weekend" He says this as if that alone is a clear explanation. I'm aware Leo's birthday is next weekend, but I'm not making the connection between that and this meeting. 

"What does that have to do with this meeting?" 

"We take a trip on Leo's birthday every year. It's sort of like a retreat. We use it as a time to get close, build friendships, and resolve any issues within our leadership group. It's pack tradition. We have a meeting before the trip every year" I guess this pack tradition only involved a particular set of people because I'd never heard of such a retreat. But now that I think about it, it makes why Leo is absent on his birthday every year. 

"Where to?"

 "Jersey, Leo has a place up there" He begins to search through images on his phone to show me.

"How do you all fit in a small beach house?" I recall Leo telling me about the spot when he wanted us to spend some time together. 

"Who said it's small?" He laughs, showing me images from their last vacation. Like he said, the place was much bigger than I'd imagined.  

We're interrupted by the clapping of hands, Cora's in center view with my mate by her side. 

"It's that time of year again, our retreat to New Jersey to celebrate Leo's birthday!" Cora shouts and everyone in the room cheers raising their glasses up.

"Since it's late we're going to get right into the meeting. Our Beta is turning 25 this year, so our theme will revolve around completing all 25 things on Leo's bucket list. I know that's a high number to aim for given we'll only have three days, but let's try our best!" I didn't even know he has a bucket list. 

"No challenges this year?" Someone in the group questions. People show faces of disapproval at the thought, shouting they want challenges. 

Leo and Cora stare at each other momentarily before Leo speaks " We have a few games planned and increased the prize money, so we expect you all to give your all in these games, it's no fun without competition" Everyone in the room claps and shouts. 

"Last announcement" Leo stands "Sadly, Jaxon and Bliss are staying back for personal reasons this year, so their spots are being replaced. Amira will fill one spot" Everyone turns to me including Leo. I'd been hiding behind my new trainer this entire time. Until now, I thought I'd gone unnoticed. My trainer moves leaving me fully exposed to hating eyes. I wave at everyone awkwardly while trying to hold a smile. 

"We'll have decided which male will join by the end of tomorrow" Cora says. The meeting ends and after everyone puts their glasses in the dish washer they disperse, returning to their homes.

 "6am tomorrow, don't be late" my trainer says, he is a bit more sober now, I guess alcohol makes him more tolerable. I nod at him and he leaves. 

Leo appears from behind him and I feel I need to explain why I'm meeting someone at 6 in the morning before he gets the wrong idea. "He's my new trainer" 

"He told me already and I approve, I  trust Braden." He kisses my forehead. At least now I know his name. 

"I'm tired, let's go to bed" He gently holds my hand trying to lead us upstairs. "Wait,  about your birthday weekend, I don't know if I should go, your friends don't like me very much and I don't want to ruin fun." 

"Let me worry about them. The retreat is for pack leaders and you're the Beta-female. Plus, this will be good in helping you make friends with others in the pack" 

I sigh, spending the weekend with people that hate me won't be fun for me either. " Besides there are certain things on my bucket list that only you can help me complete." He smiles and butterflies fill my stomach. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. 

Vote, Comment, Share ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 11.3K 24
For Keira, finding her true mate, should be one of the most exciting time of her life. But what happens when it doesn't turn out as she expected. Or...
251K 13.8K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...
91.6K 3.3K 25
[Completed] _______________________ Meet Crystalline Mathews. She just turned sixteen and will find her mate. Will her mate be in her pack or school...
16.9M 563K 29
A world where humans despise werewolves not because they know them personally but because their fear of them. Stella Morgan is just a regular 20 year...