Daddy Issues - Ushijima Wakat...

By saltysenpais

"U-Ushijima san!" Sakura clams her eyes shut and bows in a sincere apology "Gomennasai!" She had shocked Ushi... More

Sakura
Tryouts
Warm Up
Oikawa Tooru
Fateful Event
The Kiss
Injury
Pain
Beginnings
That One Mistake
Confrontation
Steal My Heart Again
A Fight to Remember
Face Off
Comfort
Finals
Beginning and the End
Awkward Encounter
Analysis
Watch and Learn
I Love You 🍋
Brother Dearest
I Dare You
The War
Peace
I Love You More 🍋
The Big Race
Girlfriend
The Dark Side 🍋
Practice
Bad Encounters
Face Off 2.0
See You Again
Spike Away
Death
Distress
Light
Discomfort
Nightmare
Stars 🍋
Camp
Approval
Attention
Peanut Butter JELLY
Nationals
A Little Twist
The Sniper Special
Go Baby
Nekoma
The Defence With No Holes
Break The High Wall
Fun and Games
Annoyance
Run For Your Life
Damages
Anxiety Kills
Battle of the Aces
Only for You
Caught 🍋
Inu
A Date
Brawl
Search
High and Low
Unagi
Meltdown
Follow
Funeral
Mine 🍋
Rebound
Intervention
Babyboy
Bullies
Drama
Team Work
Crash Landing
End of the World
One Bad Day
I Got You Baby 🍋
U-19
New Team
Big Guns
Nationals 2.0
Second Year
Promise
Graduation
Third Year
Brace the Fall
No More Games
A Surprise
Wedding Bells 🍋
Heavy Hearts
Panic
Another One 🍋
Volleyball
Ushijima Satoshi
Last Night 🍋
Olympics
The End

Shiratorizawa v/s Nekoma

11.9K 461 174
By saltysenpais

You guys are the best. I swear. My friendless ass is happier than most people around me with friends, all thanks to y'all positive people. You give me so much energy. I began writing because I couldn't really find what I wanted when I read a few books and to see you guys like it, it's really special to me. I know some of it sucks and it also kinda looks like I give no thought to this cz I update crazy fast sometimes but I just saw the entire Haikyuu again yesterday tryna figure out the storyline and read a few chapters of the manga too. You keep me on my toes. Thank you. Yes you. All of you. ♥️

~~~~~~~~

'Toshi san is against... Niisan' she had a funny feeling in her stomach. Her world came to a complete halt. Her heartbeat became erratic and she couldn't take another breath in.

"Chibi! Breathe!" He realised how close she was to having a panic attack.

Who would've thought they'd meet in the semi finals, at the time Sakura least expected?

"Ganbattekudasai" she sloppily walked away like she was stuck in a bad dream.

Inarizaki was against Itachiyama, she was also thankful for that... but the question that bugged her mind the most was-

"Who do you want to win?" Haru asked addressing the hotspot.

"Haru chan... you shouldn't ask her things like that"

"I... I don't know" her voice barely got out.

"Well, our match is at around noon so we'll have enough time to calm her down" Kiyomi said to the others.

Sakura couldn't digest dinner. She couldn't even digest the news. 'What was I thinking? Why didn't I think of this? I thought more than I ever have for the last 24 hours and something this obvious slipped my mind. Just HOW?!'

"Sakura, you need the strength to keep playing tomorrow." Kiyomi was worried.  "We're against Itachiyama."

No reply.

"Ushiwaka..." Kiyomi hopefully looked at him and he was already at it.

"Sakura..." he softly said "let's go for a walk"

Kiyomi narrowed her eyes at him and he just nodded assuring her.

She didn't meet anyone in the eyes, she just pushed herself off the table with great difficulty and walked out with Ushijima behind her.

"Why is it disturbing you so much?" He asked grabbing her hand so she wouldn't walk into the busy road ignoring the red light on the pedestrian crossing.

"I don't know and that's what's disturbing me the most..." She said "...that I don't know what's upsetting me so much."

She knew he was taking her for a psychopath. At least until he said "Things you don't understand can be scary"

"Apparently, Tendou says this" he added.

"Is it because you know I won't back down?" He said and that hit her somewhere.

"I think so... I know he won't either and it's scary" she said gripping his hand tighter.

"Your brother is going to give us some trouble" he said and she looked at him "It's okay if you cheer for him, he's your brother after all"

"I'm not cheering for anyone. I hope you don't mind. I want you to give it your all and I want him to try his best too. So it's only unfair if I choose sides. I can't even if I want to" she shook her head.

"Sometimes Sakura..." he stopped to see her face radiate capturing the dim lights from the streetlights. "All I need to see is you sitting there. It doesn't matter if you cheer for me or not tomorrow..." he smiled "I just need you where my eyes can find you. That's all"

Her eyes teared. Ushijima wasn't one to sugarcoat things. He always only said things he actually meant without having another intention behind it. He was blunt like that and that's what she loved about him the most. That's what made him Ushijima Wakatoshi, the stoic super ace.

"Arigato!" Her eyes pooled as she buried her face in his chest and he smiled hugging her. She was instantly better.

"Aren't you sore?" He asked and she nodded "But it really doesn't bother me anymore than the fact that we're against Itachiyama tomorrow"

"Aiko won't hold back" he said.

"I won't either. But I want you to cheer for me instead of choosing sides!" She said in an annoying tone.

"Of course I will. Who else would I choose over you? I don't have a sibling" He untucked her hair from behind her ear and caressed it like he always did and she smiled like a three year old.

"Let's head back before you're cold..." he said "You also need to eat"

She groaned in disappointment because she was almost certain that it slipped from his mind, but he remembered.

—————

She sat beside Coach Washijo and anxiously sighed.

"You look worse than the teams out there" he pointed out the obvious fact and she just shook her head making him laugh.

Her heart sank when Ushijima shook hands with Tetsuro. For the first time in forever Ushijima disliked going against another team. The ace who never stopped an incoming challenge and charged head on, didn't like going against his girlfriend's brother. He was a nice guy too, funny how they got along so well even though they were polar opposites.

Ushijima had a peculiar taste in friends, his own bipolar girlfriend for instance. Aone from Date Tech got along surprisingly well with him, along with Fukurodani's ace and setter. To top it all off, him and Sakusa had this brotherly connection which freaked the shit out of both their teams.

She knew her brother was going to give Tendou a hard time, to think of it, they were kinda alike. Sadistic and sketchy.

"Haaaaaaah... I didn't want to go against Sakura's brother" his face frowned.

"Can't help it" Semi said "As much as a nice guy he is outside court, remember he's her brother. Don't be surprised if he frustrates the life out of you"

"Even though I want to dispute whatever Semi says all the time, I agree with this" Shirabu calmly said.

"We're serving" Ushijima blankly said and took the ball in his hand as he headed outside the court. His game face was on.

"Alright, boys lets shut their ace down and keep it flowing" Tetsuro smirked.

'Oh, boy' Sakura let out the breath she held for god knows how long and the whistle blew.

Tetsuro received Ushijima's deadly serve the very second time. The first one bounced off his hand but he wasn't going to let his slide. He had seen Ushijima play several times and was mentally prepared for his left.

"Nice receive!!!" His team cheered as they passed the ball. As much as Tetsuro knew of Ushijima's game, it was also the other way around. Ushijima knew how he played too.

33:31, 28:30.

Third set - 9:7.

Nekoma called for a timeout.

"Man, he is indeed her brother. He's annoying me even more with that wicked grin on his smug face." Tendou groaned.

"His blocks are superior, not to mention his receives." Reon said and the other agreed.

"He reads the toss so fast" Tendou looked at him with his eyes wide "it's almost as though he is guess blocking even when he's not. Man, I'm envious."

"To think there'd be a day when Tendou Senpai would say this" Goshiki said and the others agreed.

Sakura groaned every time the ball dropped. She scowled every time a team lost a point. She'd whine when Shiratorizawa dropped the ball, she was also internally cursing her brother when Nekoma lost a point.

And after a long, really provoking, nerve wracking game...

-
-
-
-

-
-
-

Shiratorizawa advanced to the finals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 2.9K 52
"You're late," Shoko pointed out, pointedly. You sat down, bowing your head at her boyfriend, and smiling apologetically. "Sorry, traffic," you lied...
13.3K 583 21
Note:This story is a Kuroo x Reader/ Ushijima x Reader fanfic "I like you Y/N! We'll always be together okay~" "Okay!! " A promise that was br...
534K 18.2K 41
Your heartbreak from breaking up with your ex, Oikawa Tooru, caused you to hate the thought of Volleyball. However after laying some truths on you, t...
669K 30.5K 18
{RANKED #1 IN #HAIKYUU 13/05/18} {RANKED #1 IN #ANIMEFANFICTION 22/05/18} {RANKED #3 IN #XREADER 27/05/18 (out of over 33k stories what the actual...