From Another World

By ArcaneFury

SLOW UPDATES. I'M SORRY. You live, and you die; it's as simple as that, right? Then why did I find myself liv... More

1. Reborn
2. Realization
3. Heirs
4. Involved
5. Chrome
6. Mukuro
7. Clouds
8. Vacation
9. Secrets
10. Alone
11. Future
12. Strength
13. Preparations
14. Battles
15. Switched
16. Intermission
17. Breather
18. Truth
20. Stronger
20.5 - Kyoya
21. All This Preparation...
22. Truth and Decisions
23. Choice Finally Begins
24. A Bright Smile Within the Dark
25. No Rest for the Wicked
26. Final Future Battle (part 1)
27. Final Future Battle (part 2)
28. First Date?
30. Making Friends
31. Business Meetings
32. The Ceremony
33. Cool Upgrades
34. Pursuit
An unexpected hiatus...
35. Slowly Fading Away
36. Deep Pain
37. Being Protected By...?
38. Protect Those Dear to You
A/N: Life Update
39. A Show of Their Pride
40. The Pain of Forgetting
Thank You For 100k Reads!!!

29. A New Chapter, Maybe

1.4K 62 3
By ArcaneFury

I started getting anxious when a few weeks passed by and the next arc hadn't started. There was never a specific timeline that I knew about concerning the story line, so I was wondering what was gonna happen in the time between arcs. The Shimon were coming soon and I don't know how I would go about it.

A few days ago, I was invited to the CEDEF to talk to Iemitsu. It was a short talk, really.

"I apologize for my actions in the past; inviting you to work with me back when the ring battle was going on," Iemitsu bowed his head as I stood in the middle of his office with dad standing next to me.

"Ah, uh... it's okay, I guess," I waved my hand a little. "It was a weird offer but I'm here now... I'm guessing this is about me joining the CEDEF?"

"Yes," he nodded. "I got permission from your father and now I need to ask you; in those memories we received from the future... it was a common memory that you were a part of the CEDEF and that you had created a branch group, named the Arcano."

"Yes, I learned about that when I was sent to the future as well."

Iemitsu smiled. "Would you like the join the CEDEF? Your family already has a past with the mafia and you started getting involved as well due to recent events... I will give you the choice of creating the Arcano whenever you are ready."

I grin and bow. "Thank you for the offer, I gladly accept."

Dad was grinning ear to ear when the official business was over. He and Iemitsu were talking to each other really casually and I remembered that they went to college together. They talked for a while and Iemitsu let me curiously look around his desk. The complete trust he had in my dad carried onto me and I was feeling a little happy and proud.

We left a little after, promising to come back soon for more details of my integration into the family.

-

Yuujin and I were shopping; Dad was on another business trip and I was assuming it had to do with the inheritance ceremony. He didn't give much detail for it since he was rushing when he left. Apparently he overslept and was running late for his flight.

When we left the grocery store, I heard muffled cries in the alley nearby. People walking by paid no attention and I frowned, walking forward and peering around the corner. I saw a group of guys around my age kicking and punching someone on the ground. They were making quiet noises and not making any moves to stop their attackers. I was about to run and find someone to help them but I saw a flash of familiar red hair and stopped, staring.

I immediately turned to Yuu, kneeling down and handing him my grocery bags.

"You stay here, okay?" I ask him. "I'm going to see if I can get them to run away but if not, I'll have to use some of the martial arts moves we learned. Don't worry about me getting hurt, got it?"

Yuu looked worried but took a deep breath, nodding and holding his hands up in fists. "Good luck, nee-chan!"

I give him a big smile and ruffle his hair before standing a taking a deep breath, rounding the corner.

"They're over here, officer!" I try calling, pretending like I'm waving over a police officer and pointing at the group.

"Shit! Let's go!"

They dispersed, running out of the alley, glaring at me as they passed by. I watched them run away and let out a relieved sigh.

"That went easier than I thought," I turn to Yuujin and smile. "Let's see if this young man needs some help now, shall we?"

We walk to the young man, still cowering and not moving.

"Are you okay?" I ask, seeing him flinch. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

Kozato Enma opened his eyes and sat up, giving us a small nod. I smile at him but frown at his injuries.

"Yuu, do you have those emergency band-aids I put in the backpack?" I ask my little brother.

"Mmhm!" He nodded, putting the grocery bags down and reaching into the backpack we always bring if we go out together.

He reached into a little pocket and pulled out some gauze, band-aids and alcohol wipes. I took them from him and kneeled down in front of Enma. He looked at me in question and I hold the items up.

"Let me patch you up real quick before any of those injuries get infected," I offer.

"O-okay..." He agreed, slightly flinching when I press the alcohol wipe onto his cuts.

Yuujin knelt next to me, watching me patch Enma up. After I placed band-aids on his fingers, I pull back and do another once over, nodding when satisfied, standing back up.

"That'll do for now," I state proudly. "Can't believe those guys... attacking someone just to feel good about themselves..."

"I-it's okay; I'm used to it."

"That's never something someone should be used to," I squat back down, looking Enma in the eye. "Always know when to stand up for yourself and don't forget to rely on your friends when you really need to; your friends will always be there for you."

"Including us!" Yuujin added, making Enma's eyebrows go up.

"Yeah," I smile. "Even us."

Enma was silent, looking at the two of us. I couldn't read his expression but I could tell that he was a little happy but more confused.

"Do you want to come over to our place to rest a little bit?" I ask, holding a hand out to him.

I saw his arm twitch a little but he stopped himself and shook his head, standing up on his own.

"I can't... Adelheid will get mad at me..."

"Ahh, so you have someone waiting for you at home, that's good," I take my brother's hand. We start walking out of the alley and Enma slowly followed us.

We stop at the exit and I turn to the red-head. "I have a friend who is similar to you, I hope that if you two ever meet, you will become friends."

"T-thank you for saving me..."

"No problem, Enma. I'll see you around!" I wave and turn, walking back in the direction of our neighborhood.

"Bye-bye, mister!" Yuujin waved.

-

Enma watched as the kind strangers who helped him and patched up his injuries walk away. His hand twitched in a small wave but stopped when he realized that he never told them his name.

"How did she know...."

-

I was walking to school the next day when I saw Tsuna walking as well. I jogged to him and tapped his shoulder, smiling and waving when he jumped and turned to me.

"Morning," I greeted.

He beamed and greeted me back. "Good morning, Satsuki-chan!"

"I heard that we're getting new transfer students today because of all the earthquakes caused by us."

"A-ah, yeah... I saw one of them just now," he said, pointing across the street.

I look in the direction he was pointing and grinned. "She's as pretty as I thought she was going to be."

"Huh?"

"Nothing," I wave a dismissive hand. "Why don't you go talk to her?"

"I... I'll just keep my distance from the transfer students for now... if they try to talk to me, I'll probably make a run for it," he grimaced.

"Make a move and talk to them yourself, you idiot."

I turn to Reborn who was walking on the wall beside us.

"Morning, Reborn."

"Good morning, Satsuki."

Tsuna was freaking out at Reborn's appearance. "What the heck are you doing?! I told you not to follow me to school!"

"No can do," Reborn shook his head, reaching into his pocket and pulling out an envelope. "Your guard as been down lately, and at a time when I've received this dire message from the Ninth, too."

"Ooh, so it's here," I say, peering at it.

"The Ninth? What is it?"

"Not surprised you know about it, Satsuki," Reborn held it up for Tsuna to see. "It's a notice for the inheritance ceremony of the Vongola Family."

"Inheritance ceremony? Whose? Of what?"

"Are you that dense? Of course it's the ceremony where you officially inherit the title of the tenth Vongola Boss from the Ninth. Mafia families from around the world will be there."

I snicker as Tsuna starts freaking out. Right as we cross the school gates, I was pulled to the front doors by the hand. Tsuna jumped when he saw who it was and excused himself.

"See you in class!"

I wave and sigh, looking up at Kyoya. "You need to stop making a habit of dragging me places."

He didn't respond and dragged me up to the committee club room. He sat at his desk and went to look at documents as I stood to the side, hand on one hip.

"Kyoya, I have to go to class; why did you drag me here?"

"Sensei said that you didn't need to go to class," he answered. "So you'll be with me all day."

My eyebrows went up and I giggle. "Did Sensei say it or did you force him to say it?" He grunted and I laugh, putting my bag down and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "You're such an idiot."

He wrapped an arm around my waist and dragged me around the chair, onto his lap. I gasp and try to get off him but he kept a strong grip.

"You really are a huge idiot," I huff, crossing my arms. I could feel his smile as he kissed my forehead.

A few minutes passed by and it was quiet with the exception of turning pages and the scratch of a pencil. My breathing had slowed and I felt myself getting drowsy. I closed my eyes but was jolted awake by the door sliding open.

"Excuse me! Are you the Disciplinary Committee Captain, Hibari Kyoya?"

He looked up at the intruder. "Who are you?"

I turn to the door and see-

"Suzuki Adelheid; a third-year student from Shimon Middle school. From today, this reception room belongs to the Liquidation Committee."

"Adelheid...? Ah, Adel-chan, then," I say, getting off Kyoya's lap.

Adelheid's eyes narrowed at my presence. "Who do you think you are-"

"You're sooo pretty!" I gushed, walking up to her. "You've got long legs, pretty eyes, soft hair, and a nice bust!"

Her angry expression slowly morphed into an embarassed one, her cheeks bight red. She stuttered, eyes avoiding me face.

"Satsuki," I froze at his time, turning to him. "Come here."

I sigh, walking back to the desk and standing next to Kyoya. Adel cleared her throat and went back to threatening us.

"So... the Liquidation Committee?"

"Yes; from now on, the order of this school will be protected not by the Disciplinary Committee of Namimori, but by the Liquidation Committee of Shimon."

Kyoya hummed. "Sounds interesting but... in order for that to happen, you need to approval of all the committee members of this school."

Adel reached into her pockets. "I've gotten approval already..." She showed us a paper that had most of the committee members' signatures and pictures of the evidence. "By force."

"You didn't get my signature, though," I point out.

"I have ninety nine percent of the committee's signatures, I'm sure getting yours won't be a problem."

I smirk. "I wouldn't be too sure about that."

An eyebrow rose. I heard Kyoya sigh beside me and he stood up.

"Looks like you won't give up even if I rejected that proposal."

"Of course; I would use force to make you see my way."

I sigh. "Here we go..."

-

The next day, everyone was gathered around the front of the school, staring up at the event unfolding at the rooftop. I was standing a few feet away, leaning on the wire fence watching Kyoya and Adelheid have a stare-off. One by one, the members of the Shimon and Vongola made their way to the roof. Tsuna was last, shouting.

"Hibari-san! Satsuki-chan!"

I wave and everyone got acquainted with the rest of the Shimon transfers. I turn to Enma.

"Nice to see you again, I hope your injuries are doing okay?" I could see his eyes widen a small bit before he lowered his head and nodded. I smile and ruffle his hair. "Good."

"Satsuki-chan, you know Enma-kun?" Tsuna asked.

"I met him two days ago and patched up his wounds," I say, pointing at the gauze on his face.

"Eh?!"

In the prattle, Adelheid started her attack, flourishing metal fans and swinging them at Kyoya. He dodged with ease, shocking the Shimon side. Adel did a backflip and kicked Kyoya on the jaw, knocking him back a little but he retaliated by swinging his tonfa at her and she flew back a few feet.

I took a step forward but sighed in relief when I saw that Kyoya was fine. Tsuna started freaking out again but Reborn swung into the scene, kicking Tsuna and making him fly towards the two, intercepting their attacks. I winced when both Adel and Kyoya hit Tsuna's cheeks and he fell to the ground. Adel and Kyoya looked down at Tsuna.

"R-Reborn! Why'd you do that?!"

"It's your job as the Boss to stop meaningless fights," he answered, changing back to his usual outfit.

The Shimon side was surprised to see a talking baby and I walked up to Kyoya, taking his hand.

"What are you saying?! This is a school fight! What does that have to do with being a boss?!"

"It has everything to do with you; they're guests."

"Guests...?"

"Yup," Reborn gestured to the transfer students. "They're called the Shimon family. They're a Mafia family that was invited to the Vongola Inheritance Ceremony."

---

I wonder if I should stop apologizing at the end up every chapter lol. I'm pretty sure you guys are used to each update being late *sweatdrops*

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Thank you so much for showing your endless support and love for the story, I love reading the comments and seeing everyone enjoy and vote for the chapters!

Please stay safe and indoors unless you can't help it. Wash your hands and practice social distancing when in public!

Stay safe,
arcane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.9K 23
The story takes place three years after the Curse of the Rainbow Arc. Tsuna finally agreed to be the Vongola Decimo. He and his Guardians are now in...
46.7K 1.2K 7
~This story is the sequel to my previous story: Katekyo Hitman Reborn Class Trip to ITALY!!~ After the Class Trip,Junior Highschool Class 1-A stay st...
86.4K 3.7K 29
++This fic has been dropped as of 2/7/19. A rewrite of it with the same name has been published so please read that instead of this. Thank you.++ Sum...
158K 6.2K 30
He has no one. He was not a believer. He never knew the answer to the single question of "What is love?" And... He never had a true family... He alwa...