asylum [kai parker] editing/r...

By sociopathick

she's his asylum, she provides him the care he needs to recover his mental health. when he's around her he fe... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Epilogue
Authors Note; Please Read
New Account

Seven

10.5K 340 228
By sociopathick

S I M O N E
God of corse, has no part when it comes to Kai. Clearly he was raised and created by the devil. His head pops out and shows his smile, like he hasn't done anything. His smirk shows as if he's a child opening his presents on Christmas. My palms go sweaty out of fright. My head, unfocused and confused, is foggy and can only think about running. So I start, I sprint down the road through the pebbles and rocks, sprinting away from my problems.

"Hun, this is a car." I see Kai's face come up as the car slowly glides it's way down the road with me. "You are on feet. Run all you want but soon your going to get tired."

Picking up the pace, my heart pounds faster. But Kai just catches up to me. "Is it the chasing that's fun to you?" I stop quickly and hault, staring at the blue eyed boy. His eyes go darker when I look at him, like I ignited a spark in his head.

He shrugs, sighing. "I'm not quite sure. But the kill," he shakes his head, raising one finger to point something out, "oh the kill." That makes me even more frightened to be here.

The anger inside of me is too much to just push away. Kai aggravates me too much and it almost causes me to run at him and claw his dazzling blue eyes from their sockets. Why does he have such amazing eyes? I mean, can't I have them? I'd love to dig them out of his eye sockets. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't miss them too much.

"Cat got your tongue, kitten?" Kai smiles widely and gazes out the door.

Clenching my fists angrily, I shake one angrily in the air. Kai just smiles and watches me as I debate on removing his eyes from his head and strangle him until he falls. But I could imagine what the sociopath is thinking right now.

It takes me everything not to slap on my smartass attitude. So I continue towards my house, but Kai's rust bucket follows me every step. Finally, I've had enough. "What the hell do you want?"

"Ooh," he smiles as if he's achieved something, "I've hit something."

He did, and he knows it.

"So, Sim, I can call you that right?" Kai looks for an answer so I give him one he's not expecting.

"It's Simone. Only friends get to call me Sim." I snap.

He clutches his chest as if I'd injured him. "But I thought we were friends?" He gapes over dramatically.

"You held my father at gunpoint!" I scream, finally giving into the anger.

"I thought we were past that?" He smirks, "besides, it was a crowbar."

Deputy Adams was right. "That doesn't make a difference, Kai."

He holds out his left hand, keeping the other on the wheel. "You finally learned my name!"

Of corse I don't high five him. I don't even go near him. My heart beats faster when he talks, which is slowly driving me insane. Stop it. I scold myself. Malachai grins at my reaction and looks back at the road. That's when another car passes him.

"Enough of the chitchat. Need a ride, kitten?" The car comes to a stop all of the sudden, making my gut twist. No, no, no. No.

Say no, say no, say no. "No." My voice is icy cold.

"You're answering me as if it's a question." Kai smiles. No.

Think straight, Sim.

My head feels as if I'm on a chair that someone's spinning out of control. That someone is Kai. Round n' round. Jerking myself into focus, I shake my head. "It sounded like one."

"Well, it wasn't." Kai turns his head slightly and slaps on a I'm-going-to-kill-you smile. "Get in the car."

"Make me." Something inside me is pushing me to test my limits. It's telling me to piss him off and see what he'll do. Better yet, that something inside me wants him to try something. It wants him to try something that I'm not expecting. To whoosh me off my feet. The only think Kai will be doing is kill me. And I'm not in the mood for that.

"Do you really want me to?" Kai challenges. "Because you know the lengths I'll go to prove myself are quite long."

Shaking my head quickly, I look over at him. On the dashboard of the black rust bucket, he has a small blade. His hands are nearing it, which proves I have no choice whether I'm going with him or not. If I don't, that blade will be plunged into my heart. If I do, I'll have to sit in the same car as a murderer. Kai stares at me and looks at the road ahead of us. He has dad wrapped around his finger. And you could say Dad is like a sitting duck in the hospital. A perfect target for Kai. I can't be the selfish one to sit here and not get in the car. If I do that he can kill my dad, Nick. The only people I care about in this world. Because Kai and I both know it's possible. "Okay."

Kai smiles and looks at me, leaning over the passenger seat and pushing open the door. Moving around the car, I get in and sit silently in the passenger seat. Of corse I make the mistake of looking in the seat behind me to see the blood on the window behind Kai. It's on the outside, but it's clearly blood.

"Who's car is this?" I ask.

"This was an old man's car." Kai turned and smiled, driving further towards home. No detour.

I noticed the way Kai played with his words, and the thought of what happened to the man eats at me. Definitely has something to do with the blood on the window. Maybe he'd found this car in a parking lot and hit the owners head against the window. Maybe he's still alive? But again, this is Kai Parker. Alive doesn't apply to Kai Parker. Luck doesn't happen when it has something to do with Kai. "Why?" I croak, my voice barely audible over the loud rusty engine making clanking noises all up and down the road.

"Why what?" He hears me, even though I wasn't sure if he was meant to. My sanity is normally ignored in Kai's presence. The question is asked isn't meant to be answered. If only said it because if I hadn't, I would have to question my own sanity. I used to be so naive. Not anymore. When it comes to Kai I have to be vigilant, strong, brave and stubborn. Because without those things I can't do anything against him.

My phone buzzes and Kai's head snaps over. He makes sure I don't reach for it. It's most likely Nick anyway. "Why me? Why my father? Why even let me live?" The questions come out all at once.

Kai cowers back in his seat and had suddenly gone quiet, becoming the recluse he is. He just takes a deep breath and stares at the road. Shaking his head, he holds the steering wheel and sighs as if thinking hardly over a topic. About what to say. I may be the only person in history that has made Kai think about what he should say next. Because like me, he says the first thing that comes to mind. But he doesn't answer my question. Instead, he drives right to my house and smiles at me. "You'll have to find out, Kitten."

My mind is everywhere, It takes me two tries to open the car door and stumble out onto out sidewalk. Kai waves slightly and drives off. And I'm just left sitting there. Wondering, how could he? "Kitten?" I whisper, questioning the invisible people around me.

Dad isn't home. But I'm surprised to see Nick's car in the driveway. When I walk inside, Nick is unloading groceries. "Uh, hello?"

Nick focuses on me after staring out the window at the car. "Who was that?"

"One of my friends." I lie. It's the worst lie I could come up with. Because I don't have friends. Being the gentleman Nick is, he doesn't question it. So I do what I'm good at, acting normal.

"Your Dad can return tomorrow. He asked that if keep you company while you were here. I got a couple groceries too..." Nick smiles.

He is the opposite of Kai. Sweet, smart, nice, respectful, honest and not a psychopath. "Thank you." I say honestly. "For everything." Nick has done so much I can barely measure.

Later that night I wake up. I'm not sure why, but the breeze coming from the window gets annoying. I cannot even remember leaving it open. After closing it I go downstairs to get a drink of water. The shape on the couch startles me. But I'm relieved when I see it's only Nick. His shadow raises and falls slowly and is only visible in the firelight from the fireplace. The fire creates enough flame to warm him, but not enough. Walking over to the chair, I grab the thick wool blanket and place it over the sleeping Deputy. His arms and chest are bare and his shirt lies on the coffee table beside him with his Deputy Jacket, gun and radio. His hand is draped onto the desk and rests on it so if something woke him, he could use his gun quicker. But he doesn't wake when I put the blanket over him. He's clam, his facial features gentle and happy as if he's having a good dream. He is content, gentle, nice and safe.

The total complete opposite of Kai.

But sometimes danger is the craving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 10.7K 56
Nico has lived with that term all his life. Psychopath. He knew it was muttered behind his back when he walked through school. Thats how the world s...
155K 6.3K 38
Y/n has been tested and held captive in a lab for 4 years, she's what the doctors call a "complete hybrid", she's different from the others that spro...
4.7K 81 26
It's been 5 years since Elena died. Five long years and Klaus hasn't been doing to good. Stuck down in the basement all alone is practically driving...
24.3K 558 32
ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʳᵘᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇᵉ ʰᵃʳᵈ? ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿʸᵒⁿᵉ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵐᵉᵃⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ᵃ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᴵ ᵗʳⁱᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉˡᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒᵘᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒ...