Sugar Baby ✔️

By booklored

Xavier has always been an unapologetically provocative man with minimal morals. As a secret agent working und... More

Author's Note
Moodboards
first: pilot
second: VIV
fourth: seduction
fifth: rosalie*
sixth: scarlett
seventh: invite
eighth: toast
ninth: fissure*
tenth: jealous
eleventh: belong*
twelfth: yacht
thirteenth: cold*
fourteenth: push
fifteenth: naked
sixteenth: surrender
seventeenth: beautiful*
eighteenth: unsaid
nineteenth: green
twentieth: yours*
twenty-first: fire*
twenty-second: falling
twenty-third: revelation
#twenty-fourth: script*
twenty-fifth: numbers
+twenty-sixth: fix
twenty-seventh: dark
twenty-eighth: sight
twenty-ninth: analgesia
thirtieth: home
thirty-one: beginning*
epilogue
BONUS Chapter: Because I Have A Writer's Block
Eh...Hall of Fame?

third: medicate

27.7K 1.6K 1.5K
By booklored

Thank you @carolinenwigg for the graphic!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I was sitting silently in Grayson's car, my stomach clenched in nervousness.

He drove us through the bustling city as I shut my eyes, trying to focus my thoughts. The plan was simple on paper. Gain her trust. Get into her house. Find evidence and get the fuck out of there as fast as I could. The only twist was if I blew my cover, it might be fatal depending on her desperation.

I leaned back, shuddering slightly.

"You okay?" Grayson gazed at me from the corner of his eyes. I tore my eyes away from him and nodded.

"Just tired."

"You come up with anything last night?" he asked, tilting his head adorably to the side. I sighed. I couldn't believe I was crushing on him. I had been for the last five years, ever since I had met him for the first time. At that time I had told myself it was simply a schoolboy crush. However, as I had transcended into adulthood, it seemed to be getting more and more out of hand. "Are you going to try to make her fall in love with you?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? I don't think it's that easy."

He shrugged. "I'm sure you could do it."

"Do you mean I'm lovable?"

He smirked as my heart somersaulted. "You kind of are."

I stared at him. I wasn't sure what to think of his words. 

"Well last night...just found this really nice website," I murmured. I wasn't going to tell him how anxious I was. That wasn't what I was known for. I had to maintain my confidence. Even if it meant lying to everyone. I was a master in disguise anyway.

I leaned my head against the cold window as he sighed at my words. "What was it about?"

"Tits."

The corner of his mouth tugged upwards into a smirk. "The bird or organ?"

"Don't call it organ, you fucking prude," I groaned.

He chuckled softly as my heart fluttered. "I thought you were gay."

I squinted into the distance where the all too familiar, colossal white building of the city hospital was looming into view. "I don't really care. Pan. Bi. Whatever." I turned to look at him. "Also, who said gay men can't like tits?"

He laughed. "Well, I suppose-"

"Even straight cis women like them, Shelby," I shook my head. "United by tits. Divided by dicks."

He burst out laughing. I marvelled at the way his eyes twinkled when he laughed. The pleasant, soothing sound of his laughter tied my stomach into knots.

I gazed at him for a while before speaking. "You're straight,"

"Well," he spoke softly and I saw there was a slight pink tint to his face. "I suppose I don't know. I'm fucking twenty-eight and still get confused at times."

Hope. My heart hoped. I hated hope. It is merely a scam to manipulate the dreamers.

"You speak as if you're really old," I replied. He had been in the force a little longer than I had, although I still barely felt like I knew anything about him. 

He scoffed, "You're like twenty. Still riding your training wheels.

"Twenty-one," I corrected, "and I'm riding more than you ever will," I trudged on without thinking. "I grew up fast, Grayson Shelby. I didn't have the luxury of innocence."

I bit my tongue as soon as the words were out of my mouth. I had sworn to kill my past and bury it deep in my darkest memories. Never to speak. Never to think. I had dropped my surname in an attempt to disengage, knowing it will only hold me back.

"I'm sorry, Xavier," he spoke softly, placing a comforting hand on my knee. My heart lurched painfully in my chest at his gentle touch. I wasn't used to tenderness. I moved my leg away from him and forcibly gazed at the looming building. I was merely his subject of pity.

Hateful and pathetic.

We pulled up into the hospital's parkway as I got down. He parked the car while I waited outside and gazed at the massive building, my heart in my throat. He returned after a while, his brows furrowed as he studied me and asked, "You feeling alright?"

"Let's just go," I answered dismissively and started walking away from him. I didn't like the Xavier that I seemed to be in front of him. Organic. Raw. Weak.

It was worthless.

I walked into the sleek white hallway as the all too familiar scent of hospital antiseptics reached my nostrils. I walked over to the counter. A middle-aged woman sat in a crisp white uniform, her red hair set in delicate curls. I took a deep breath. I needed to rebuild my façade.

"Hey, beautiful," I said, smiling softly. "I believe I have an appointment under the name S.B Harber?"

S.B Harber was an inside joke in the Harbour City Law Enforcement Department. An alias I used for any medical treatments or such that I needed to undergo for my tasks. To cover my trail.

SB stood for Sugar Baby. The initials of my code name. Harber was simply a play on the name of the city, Harbour.

She looked at me, her cheeks pink. It was easy to lower my voice, letting it slur ever so slightly so it had the desired effect on people. She nodded and started typing away on the computer in front of her. I let my eyes rove lazily over her form before they travelled to the wall behind her back, reading the familiar quote.

'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.'

I smirked. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore seemed to have an influence over the hospital.

"Yes, sir. You're with Doctor Andrews. Third floor. He is in his chamber."

My gaze snapped back at the receptionist as she replied, her cheeks flushing. I nodded and leaned back, giving her my most seductive smile and feeling a rush of satisfaction at the way her cheeks reddened. I turned and saw Grayson standing behind me, a strange look in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher.

"Do you do that to everyone?" he asked, amused as we turned and made our way towards the elevator.

"Do what?" I asked. The doors slid open and we stepped inside, pushing the button for the third floor as the doors slid shut again and we were on our way. 

"The thing. The look." He licked his lower lip, squinting his eyes slightly and smiling. Attempting my signature smouldering look.

I burst out laughing. "Don't ever do that again, Grayson."

He smiled sheepishly. "I was just trying to get a point across."

The elevator door opened and we stepped into another squeaky clean hallway. I spoke, "It's always good to keep your skills sharp lest they get rusty."

"Seducing people you mean." He shook his head.

"It's not that hard, honestly," I replied, shrugging in response as we starting walking along the neat white tiles. "People love getting importance as long as it's done cleverly. It's necessary to understand if your opponent is receptive though. Anyone could do it with a little observation."

"Not really. Not everyone would elicit the same response as you do," he answered.

I smirked. "If anyone could be as brazen or shameless as me, they could."

He glanced at me, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. "I think it's more to do with the fact that you are really conventionally attractive."

I stopped dead in my tracks, blood pounding in my ears as I gazed at him sideways. My ears felt like they would smoulder and burn off. He gazed at me, his face impassive as if he was clueless of the effect his words had on me. As if his words hadn't just set fire to my entire being. 

"Er...thanks," I muttered in appreciation. I had heard compliments such as these several times before, but somehow, it never mattered to me. But this time it was him. 

He shrugged nonchalantly and I wondered if he had meant it as an honest compliment. I sighed, searching for the designated chamber as my eyes landed on a nameplate that read 'Andrews.'

A tall man greeted me as I entered, his eyes flitting to Grayson as they shared a meaningful look. I supposed he knew about the true nature of my work. He asked me to sit and smiled confidently at me. "How are we feeling today, Harber?"

Like you really care.

"Pretty okay," I answered in a monotone.

He walked over to me and held my arm, rolling my tshirt away to reveal my pale skin. "Now, I must inform you that I have prepared a booster dose of certain medications that will help you with your-" he lowered his voice, "chore."

I nodded, biting my lower lip. I was used to injections, but still wary. But when it came to my job, I had limited options and no refusals.

"Now, since this is a very strong dosage, I will be giving you sleeping medications to reduce and inebriate your senses for a while."

I gaped at him and then at Grayson, who was standing at the corner with his arms crossed in front of him. An unreadable expression on his face.

"I...I want to stay awake. Thanks." An uncomfortable prickling sensation began under my skin. 

Andrews shook his head. "I'm afraid it's necessary, sir."

I sighed, cursing all the life decisions I had ever made. I couldn't understand why I was so inherently uncomfortable with the idea, but I knew as long as Grayson was there I wouldn't be hurt. 

 "Alright. Be quick." I clenched my jaw in a portrayal of defiance. 

"We will also be performing some tests to make sure you are free from any VD's. Considering the...er... nature of your job," Andrews continued, averting my gaze awkwardly. 

I didn't say anything. The Harbour Law Enforcement didn't hesitate to use my body as their property. I could be checked, treated, drugged anytime they wanted. Something that hadn't sounded too bad to a broke and homeless sixteen-year-old. I felt the uncharacteristic trickle of shame travel down my spine and nodded.

The doctor dabbed some antiseptic onto some cotton and sterilized a part of my left arm. I saw him load up an injection, placing it in the inside of my elbow. I shut my eyes, feeling the slight sting as it entered my body and I slowly felt my consciousness ebbing away, sending me into a timeless sea of darkness.

*

I was vaguely aware of being carried back to the car and the gentle movements of the vehicle as Grayson took me back to my apartment. He half dragged me up the staircase and put me gently down on the mattress. As soon as my back touched the mattress, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The soft rays of the sun caressed my face and woke me up the next morning.

My eyelids fluttered open as I gazed at the window. Golden sun rays cascaded onto the floor below. My head still felt slightly dizzy. I slowly sat up straight, my heart leaping in shock as I saw a figure curled on the couch.

I recognized the dark hair and the clothes, the same from last night. Grayson.

I raked a hand through my hair, taking a deep breath as I tried to regain my bearings. I felt a dull ache pulsating along my temple and massaged it gently. I would've loved to spend a night with Grayson and wake up sore. However, my current soreness was from drugs which wasn't nearly as exciting.

I had no way of knowing what exactly Andrews had drugged me with. But I had had no choice except to comply. 

I got to my feet and made my way to the bathroom, freshening up. The cold water felt good on my skin, waking me up effectively.

When I walked back out, Grayson was awake, gazing at me. His shirt was rumpled. His hair was dishevelled. My breath caught when I gazed at the skin visible under his shirt, the top two buttons of which he had removed for comfort. Or perhaps simply to torture me. I couldn't understand why it was legal to be so god damn sexy.

My heart fluttered slightly as his eyes took in my shirtless torso. I averted my eyes and dried my hair. Slowly. Taking my sweet time. I enjoyed his gaze on my skin. At long last, I placed the towel on the back of a chair.

"How are you feeling?" he asked gently.

"What the fuck did you guys drug me with?" I asked, shaking my head. "What kind of medicines knock you out like that?"

He sighed and lowered his voice. "It was necessary, Xavier. It won't hurt you."

I didn't say anything and pulled on a fresh tshirt, sitting on the edge of the bed. He rose to his feet and started making his way towards the exit. I was about to ask him to stay for breakfast but the words died in my throat. He turned when he was at the exit and gave me a small nod. "You'll be receiving a few things necessary for the project. Along with details on where to find Rosalie."

His voice was still deep from his drowsiness. Fucking sexy.

It was a little harder to remember what he was talking about.

"Right." I managed to choke out.

He nodded. "Thank you for the compliment by the way."

My head snapped towards him as I stared at him, confused. "What compliment?"

He smiled and I was shocked to see his face flushed. "You got really intoxicated last night and told me that you think my eyes are like the damn grasslands and you wanted to roll in it."

I gaped at him, wondering if he was joking. Hoping. I felt embarrassment prickling my insides as my face grew hotter. I averted his eyes. I was half afraid I had said something explicit.

I waited to combust spontaneously but I was doomed into three minutes and five seconds of silence.

He smirked, seeming to enjoy himself and opened the door, walking out of it and shutting it behind him as disappointment bloomed in my chest.

I don't know what I had expected. Part of me wondered if he had stayed at my place simply because he was too tired or because he genuinely cared for me. It didn't matter anyway. I had an assignment to take care of. Number Five to be precise. Also, I had embarrassed myself enough and by now so that he would know my harmless flirting was based on truer feelings.

I walked back into the bathroom and studied my reflection. My eyes looking drowsy and drunken. Rosalie Atkinson didn't seem like an easy target. I had to be at my very best when I approached her.

It was time to stifle and let my brain take one hundred per cent control. Once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 426 36
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...
4.3K 276 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

2.6M 109K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
33.4K 3.2K 20
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...