Sugar Baby ✔️

By booklored

Xavier has always been an unapologetically provocative man with minimal morals. As a secret agent working und... More

Author's Note
Moodboards
first: pilot
second: VIV
third: medicate
fourth: seduction
fifth: rosalie*
sixth: scarlett
eighth: toast
ninth: fissure*
tenth: jealous
eleventh: belong*
twelfth: yacht
thirteenth: cold*
fourteenth: push
fifteenth: naked
sixteenth: surrender
seventeenth: beautiful*
eighteenth: unsaid
nineteenth: green
twentieth: yours*
twenty-first: fire*
twenty-second: falling
twenty-third: revelation
#twenty-fourth: script*
twenty-fifth: numbers
+twenty-sixth: fix
twenty-seventh: dark
twenty-eighth: sight
twenty-ninth: analgesia
thirtieth: home
thirty-one: beginning*
epilogue
BONUS Chapter: Because I Have A Writer's Block
Eh...Hall of Fame?

seventh: invite

20.8K 1.2K 247
By booklored

credits to @littlegardensfor the graphics!

And thank you limptesticles for the awesomely hot new cover! 

That evening, I was feeling quite accomplished by the time I returned home.

She was the one who had asked for my number and I felt like I was on the right track. I made a pit stop at the gym before going home. My heart stopped, however, when I noticed Grayson's familiar car in the street right outside my apartment. On moving closer, I saw that both Black and Grayson sat in the front seat, their gazes fixated on me.

I walked over to them and entered the car silently. Gray revved up the engine and we were off in silence. Both of them were in civilian clothes. Perhaps off duty or simply because they had come to my neighbourhood.

"How was it?" Gray asked, gazing at me from the mirror.

"The sex was great. Thanks for asking."

He sighed and Harold shook his head. He spoke again, "Did you manage to make any headway regarding the case?"

I scoffed, raking a hand through my hair. "It hasn't even been twenty four hours guys."

"We're not guys," Gray said, his voice stoic. I sighed, leaning against the seat. "You know we are time bound, don't you? What all did you learn? Anything at her place?" he continued.

"She's interested in numerology and likes French toast. Her favourite position is missionary." I completed, stifling a yawn. "Oh and I met Scarlett. I'm trying to earn her trust. I think she might have some useful information."

Harold nodded, approvingly. We turned around a bend and I wondered where we were headed.

"We called you here, because of this-" he lifted his hand and I saw a colourful sheet of paper. I took it from him and straightened it out. It was a pamphlet for what looked like a high end yacht party.

"Are you asking me out on a date, Harold?" I grinned. His cheeks turned pink and he cleared his throat. There were times when I felt bad for teasing him like that. But it was way too easy to get him flustered. I couldn't resist.

"Can you be serious for once?" Grayson snapped. His eyes flashed as he stopped the car and turned to glare at me. I was quiet, perusing the pamphlet. "It's a party thrown by Reznick. One of Atkinson's associates," he continued. "You have to get yourself an invite."

I gazed at him and shrugged. "Alright."

"I wish you would take this seriously," he said.

"I am taking this seriously," I answered, gritting my teeth. 

"You're not," he declared.

"Stop being a baby," I said, glaring back at him, unable to understand his sudden hostility. His eyes seemed to soften a little and he opened his mouth to say something before Harold interrupted. 

"Stop it you two," he said, sighing as he turned to look at me. "We need you to talk to Reznick. And another thing, we need you to spend more time with Rosalie. The entire day if possible. Stay the nights. Leave in the afternoons and return in the evenings. If possible, don't let her be alone at home."

"Talk to Reznick? Why? What does he have to do with anything?"

"That is exactly what we need to find out," Grayson said. "There have been no massive withdrawals from her account. Except for her usual investments which have been thoroughly tracked. However, she often has transactions upto billions with her associates. Of course, this doesn't raise an eyebrow because they are partners. Without hard evidence against the associates, we can only speculate that it is one of them who is withdrawing the money, transferring it to cash or another bank account that is not directly linked to Rosalie. We don't have enough evidence to convince the court to let us conduct an investigation into her company associates' accounts."

"And you think this is the money which is ultimately being sent to other countries." I finished, taking in a deep breath.

Grayson nodded. "Exactly."

I folded the pamphlet and put it in my pocket. "I need some money."

Their eyes widened comically. Harold spluttered, "Again? What for?"

"If you want me to get an invitation to this place, I'll have to step up my game. I also need a new outfit for the yacht party. It's all for the case people," I lied.

They exchanged glances. Grayson sighed, "Alright. We will transfer a thousand to your account."

I nodded at him. "That'll have to do." I glanced at the watch and then back at them. "Now, could you please drop me off? I need to prep."

They looked at each other again. Gray cleared his throat as he spoke, "Another thing. You have to return to Rosalie's place again. Spend the night there."

I gaped at them. "That will be coming off as too strong. I'll go tomorrow."

Harold shook his head. "It is necessary that you go today. We need to keep an eye on her."

I groaned in frustration, knowing that I didn't really have a choice. "Alright. Now please just drop me off at my place."

*

An hour later, I stood in front of my bathroom sink. Completely naked. I leaned over the sink and studied my face. My stubble was growing. I decided to shave it off, and in the process, everything else that needed to be shaved.

Each time that I looked at myself, I was filled with an intense urge to get a tattoo. Ever since I had been little, I had wanted one on my lower abdomen. A sexy, classy one. However, the Law Department had made me sign a clause that I was to keep my body unmarked. No tattoos or piercings or any sort of 'deteriorating' stuff was allowed. They had also chosen me after making sure that I didn't have a birthmark. Making thoroughly sure.

Their reason was simple. If I were to die on one of their missions, then I must not be traced. I should remain unidentified. The thought was terrifying, that I might die and the world would not even know. That I was so insignificant. Disposable.

I vaguely wondered what kind of a scenario that would be. My dad was still in prison, to my knowledge. I didn't have any contact with my extended family, thanks to my self-destructive parents and any friends that I had had in school had gone on to universities and build a respectable life for themselves. Even though I was sure I could find them through minimal research, I wasn't sure I wanted to. How could I let them know what I had become? It was perhaps better that I remained insignificant. 

The thought almost made me scoff. I couldn't think of a single person who would be affected if I were to just disappear one day. What about Grayson? Maybe. I wasn't sure. Sometimes it seemed like he genuinely cared for me. Although I was sure it was mainly for the projects I was on and not for me myself. 

I placed the razor back and made my way into my bed, wrapping a bedsheet around my naked body. I couldn't let my thoughts wander. Everytime that they did, I was filled with a harrowing sadness. 

My room was empty. Too empty. 

I opened my laptop and instead decided to do some research on the business associates that Rosalie had. It was easy to find information about her business, although her private life was something she had protected with valour. Which was perhaps why I hadn't appeared on the news yet. And I wasn't expecting to. I would be in and out before my cover was blown. 

I waited for the webpage to load and read through the hundreds of articles. It seemed to me that she had three associates at the onset. Hemingway Corporations, E.L.M Private Limited and Reznick Medicines. Hemingway corporations had withdrawn from the arrangement, leaving three of them as partners for Atkinson Associates. Reznick Medicines was a non-problematic company. Its head was a jolly man who seemed to be that kind of uncle that everyone wanted. He had a round face, beady eyes and bushy eyebrows.

I glanced at articles about Birthstone Private Limited and saw, to my shock, that their CEO, Garcia Lopez was involved in a string of shady activities.

The top articles for Lopez seemed to be a range of criminal charges. Drinking under influence, assaults, even instigated murder. It cleared one thing in my mind. Lopez was not involved in Atkinson's dealings.

When his company was already under such fire for its scandals, it was highly unlikely that Rosalie was going to make her shady transactions through him. Even though she still maintained the partnership temporarily. So, it was the jolly uncle who was my target.

I lay on my back, gazing at the ceiling. I couldn't bring myself to dress up and return to Rosalie's. However, I knew I didn't have a choice.

If I wanted to secure an invite to the yacht party, I had to put in extra efforts anyway. I just wished my decision to join the Harbour City Law team wasn't going to weight too heavily on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557 29 6
Kylan Monroe had no other choice but to live a scandalous double life. By day, he was a high school student, pressured into becoming a mechanic by hi...
46.5K 4.3K 24
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
582K 17.5K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
487K 14.8K 71
(Not Edited)(be warned, SUPER CRINGY since it was my first story, that's your warning) (bxb+) When Xavier Jameson moved to a new town, he didn't exp...