Eternal Love

Από Together_Eternity

Hailey is a proud owner of a publishing company which she named after her mother. She has dedicated her life... Περισσότερα

Author's Note
⁕Chapter 1⁕
⁕Chapter 2⁕
⁕Chapter 3⁕
⁕Chapter 4⁕
⁕Chapter 5⁕
⁕Chapter 6⁕
⁕Chapter 7⁕
⁕Chapter 9⁕
⁕Chapter 10⁕
⁕Chapter 11⁕
⁕Chapter 12⁕

⁕Chapter 8⁕

787 33 7
Από Together_Eternity

Edited

"When I accepted her call, the first voice, I heard was not hers. It was his."

"He..he was telling Mom how he was going to kill her and then it would be my turn. I was so scared, Nathan. It felt like that my mind was blank. I did not know how to react. It felt like I was fro.. frozen in my seat. I was trembling like a leaf. I could not get my body to move. Then I heard mom's cries. That's when I..I..I came to my senses. I speeded up to my house with just one thing in my mind. To..to save her life.

When I reached home and entered the house, I saw the two officers. One was sprawled on the floor, his head bleeding profusely. The other one, a lady, was on the chair, tied and gagged. The only thought in my mind when I saw them was if they could not stop him then how would mom be able to protect herself. Just then I heard the shots of gun coming from the kitchen. I ran there and what I saw was horrible. Mom was, she was, Oh my God, Nathan, she was,"

She can't continue anymore. She starts to cry her heart out as she remembers the state of her mom. She lets go of her grasp on the counter and sits down on the floor with her head in her hands. She starts to hyperventilate and cannot breath properly. At the same moment, she feels someone taking her in their arms. Nathan.

"Shush. It's okay. Calm down. It's ok, baby."

He rubs her back and murmurs in her ear.

They stay on the ground for some minutes. Her crying and him calming her down. When she feels that she has cried enough, she moves from his arms. Nathan wipes away her tears and kiss her on the forehead. Hailey closes her eyes at the feeling of his lips.

"You ok."

He asks.

He knows that she has been through a lot and wishes that he was there for her.

She opens her eyes and nods her head in response to his question.

"Come on. I think it's enough for today."

He gets up and gives her his hand to hold and helps her to stand.

Hailey shakes her head.

"No. I want to finish."

"Hailey, you."

She cuts him off.

"Please Nathan. I will not be able to do this another time."

She pleads to him with tears in her eyes.

Reluctantly, he agrees knowing that she will not change her mind.

Taking his hand, she leads him to the couch in the living room. They both sit down and Hailey puts her head on his shoulder and Nathan takes her hands in his.

"Mom was on the floor tak..taking her last breaths. I could not believe my eyes. I thought that she would alw...always be present at every moment in my life. I was so..so wro..wrong. She was in my lap when I watched her surrendering herself to de...death. Her blood was on my clothes and hands. I could not save her. Even after she passed away, I could not let myself let go of her. I sat there crying, watching her life..lifeless body. "

She stops and takes a few deep breath to prevent the tears from falling again.

"I don't remember what happened after. One minute I was being taken away from her and the next minute, I woke up in the hospital. After her funeral, I learned that mom was shot three times by that monster and she stabbed him in the heart. I refused to listen to details. So I don't know how he entered the house and everything else."

"Oh Hailey, I am so sorry I was not there for you. You had to go through these difficult moments all by yourself. I wish I was there to help you."

He feels like crying. Listening to what she has been through, he feels guilty. If only he chased her and insisted on refusing to let go of her. If only he went to her place and insisted on seeing her.

Removing her head from his shoulder, she faces him. She lets out a gasp at the pain and guilt  she sees in his eyes.

"Nathan. It was not your fault. Please don't blame yourself. If I have to do what I did again to keep you safe, I will do it again. But please don't feel guilty. Please."

She wipes away the few tears that were on his cheeks and places a kiss on each one.

"I am just glad that you know everything now."

Yes, she is happy and feels like a huge burden has been removed from her shoulders. Nathan takes her in his arms and lays down on the couch with her laying on his chest. The silence that reigns is welcomed by both of them. Hailey feels at ease now that Nathan knows the truth. Laying on the couch, they both fall asleep. It has been a long day for both of them.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

When they wake up, it is dark outside indicating that it is night time. Nathan prepares something light for them to eat which Hailey is thankful for. She does not have the strength to even stand up, let alone cook. Their conversation has literally drained her of her energy.

After dinner, Hailey requests Nathan to stay for the night. He accepts knowing that it's better not to leave her alone. After they each take a shower and Hailey dressing in her pyjamas and Nathan wearing a pair of shorts belonging to Fabian, they get in bed together cuddling.

After a few minutes, they fall asleep. Maybe they are more tired that what they thought.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The next morning, Hailey wakes up alone. She thought that Nathan will still be here with her. She feels upset and sad. She shakes his head mentally scolding herself. She must not expect much. He already spent the night with her. She must atleast be thankful for that.

She quickly gets up when she hears some noises coming from downstairs from the kitchen specifically.

"Nathan, is that you."

She asks as she climbs down the stairs. 

She walks to the kitchen and stops at the door when she sees him swiping the counter. 

"Hey. I have prepared breakfast for you. It's in the oven."

He replies when he sees her hovering at the entrance of the kitchen.

"I got to go. I'll see you later."

He says once he is done.

He picks up his keys from the table. Hailey looks at him with a frown and sadness. Was he going to leave without saying goodbye, she thinks, but does not dare to voice it out even if she wants to. She will not be able to hear his answer in case it is yes.

"Ok. I'll see you to the door."

She walks to the front door with him following behind. She opens it and steps aside to let him step out. 

Once outside, Nathan turns around to face her and tells her bye before making his way towards his car. She watches him leave with sadness and dread. She does not want him to leave. She wants to spend the day with him and if possible the rest of her life. She mentally shakes her head at her last thought because she knows that this will not happen but cannot prevent herself from hoping. 

"Nathan."

She calls out as he is just a few steps away. 

He turns around and looks at her waiting for her to continue.

She gets out and walks to him decreasing the distance between themselves.

She looks at his chest not having the courage to make eye contact with him for what she has to say to him.

"Umm,uhh, I know that even though it was for a good reason but I have really hurt you. For that I will never be able to forgive myself and does not deserve your forgiveness. Still I am asking you to forgive me."

She then looks at him the urge to see his reaction at her question. She is taking a big risk and the risk can either be worth it or leaves her with a breaking heart.

"Can you find it in your heart to forgive me. Can things between us be the same as it was before. Is it possible for us to be together, maybe not as a couple but at least as friends."

She looks at him with hopeful eyes. She gulps down the lump that has formed in her throat and blinks way the tears in her eyes. Her heart is crying. She wants him back in her life not as friend but as her love. But she has to take what she will get.

Nathan looks at her with hesitation in his eyes. He has forgiven her but he does not know if he can have her in his life. He saw how difficult it was for her to suggest that they be friends. She wants them to be more than friends. She has always been like an open book to him. However, he needs time to take a decision. Whether he wants her only as his boss, his friend or lover.

He wipes down his face with his hand. He clears his throat and hopes not to hurt her with his answer but he knows it cannot be prevented. He takes her hands in his squeezes them.

"Hailey. I understand what you did was to save my life and I have already forgiven you. I cannot be mad at you for choosing to save me. But it does not change the fact that I have been hurt. I need some time to think. Please."

He wants to tell her exactly how hurt he was when she broke his heart but she is already suffering and feels guilty and he does not want to make her feel worse.

She nods at him.

"I understand. Take your time. Thank you for forgiving me and spending the night with me."

She tries to give him a small smile but it is forced.

Nathan squeezes her hands and then let go of them. He then walks to his car, unlocking it, gets inside and drives away. Once he is out of sight, Hailey runs inside the house, slams the door shut and runs to her bedroom and throws herself on her bed. Finally, she  lets the tears that she has been holding falls down. She cries and cries until her eyes are dry, red and swollen and her head is pounding. She spends the rest of her Sunday in a depressing mood. 

📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚

Please do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Any suggestion and advice is welcomed.

Thank you,
Together_Eternity

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Life as it is Από theofficialhails

Εφηβική Φαντασία

285 2 15
-Hailey reddy This is basically about a girl who moves to another country and has no friends and doesn't really fit in with the "popular crowd" like...
53.5K 1.9K 24
"The day of graduation, he broke up with her. I remember when she got her diploma, her make up was smeared. Poor her. She ruined my relationship an...
Sorry, I Love You! Από Eliza Shrestha

Εφηβική Φαντασία

127K 5.3K 42
There's a difference between being alone and lonely. ~~~~~~ "Why does love hurt? "Because......if it doesn't hurt then it isn't love." I replied. ~~~...
rejection Από jasmyne

Λυκάνθρωπος

13.9K 154 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...