VOID // VMIN

By _kmchin

[A VMIN AU] Jimin turned 20 and that's the time where your soulmate's name starts to engrave on your wrist... More

/1/
/2/
/4/
/5/
/6/
/7/
/8/
/9/

/3/

230 44 28
By _kmchin

A month already passed. Jungkook and Seokjin are still busy doing their own crafts. Jin managing his company while Jungkook is still pursuing his passion in photography. He's actually planning to open an exhibit, that's why he's so busy and most of the time out of reach.

On the other hand, Yoongi and Hoseok are planning their wedding, it will be 5 months from now. Hoseok is also a dance instructor, same with Jimin, while Yoongi produces music for big companies. Jimin witnessed the growth of both his hyungs' relationship and indeed he'sa bit envious but genuinely happy.

Opposite really do attract each other. Hoseok is a ball of sunshine, he brings out the happiness to everyone he's with. When you're with him, there's no dull moments at all while Yoongi is the opposite of him. He seems gloomy due to his fashion sense, he wears black most of the time, also the silent type of guy. But, he's a whole different person when he's with Hoseok. He smiles often and nonstop giggles that surely makes him more adorable.

Meanwhile, Jimin is busy doing his job as a dance instructor and he's mentally and emotionally better now or at least he's improving. Namjoon is a big help to him actually. Ever since that day where Joon invited him to breakfast they managed to keep in touch and they actually never missed a day without seeing, texting or calling each other.

Jungkook already teases Jimin to Namjoon 'cause they were totally inseparable. There's this one time where Jimin invited him over, to join them for a movie marathon, and Joon never left the younger's side. How can he when Jimin demands to cuddle him and whines if he won't, he's not complaining either, he's more that willing to give him all the cuddles that he wants and he finds him adorably cute. Jungkook saw how they acted that day and suspiciously eyed his hyung. When asked, he will just dodge all of the questions and Jungkook will just give up 'cause he knows we won't get any answers.

“So, you and Joonie hyung?” Jungkook starts and successfully caught Jimin's attention. The older boredly looked at him.

“What?”

“Dating?” Jungkook wiggled his brows and plastered a playful smile. Jimin just rolled his eyes and ignored the younger's interrogation.

They're friends there's nothing to be suspicious of. Friends do texts, calls, cuddle, and even invite each other to eat or to go somewhere else. He can't understand why Jungkook's trying to give different interpretation on what they do or at least he's trying not to give any meaning about their closeness.

“Friends don't look at you, like you're their whole galaxy” He remembered Jungkook told him when he cleared things off between him and Joon. 'How does Joonie even looks at me' he thought but shrugged it right away.

He's lying if he says he doesn't feel those tingling sensation in his stomach every time he's with Joon, how every little thing that the older does affects him, how his heart pounds so fast, how he gets nervous in front of him. He knew friends doesn't feel these thing towards each other but he doesn't want to make things awkward for the both of them, not if Jimin only feels that way for him.

Jimin is currently in the dance studio, his last class for the day has just ended. The day was exhausting but nonetheless, he's happy on what he does so that makes it less tiring for him. Jimin went to the locker's room after he took some shower, he was so sticky and sweaty, he doesn't like that, he took his things and was about to go when his phone rang.

He took it out of his bag and read who the caller is. It was Namjoon, his immediate reaction is to smile and answered it right away.

“Minie”

“Hmm?”

“Are you done at your work?”

“Yes, why?”

"Wanted to invite you for dinner”

“Sure, where will we meet?”

“Can you drop by here at the shop?”

“Sure, No problem. See you, Joonie”

“See you”

The call ended and Jimin kept the phone in his pocket. He suddenly looked at the mirror next to him and saw his reflection, his smile is so bright and cheeks are red, his eyes are twinkling like the stars. The Namjoon Effect, he thought. He just chuckled and shook his head, as he went to out of the locker room.

He can deny rumors or stories about him and Namjoon dating but he can't deny the fact about what he feels towards the man. He likes Namjoon. No matter how hard he tries to hide it when Jungkook and his hyungs teases him, they ain't dumb not to notice how Jimin glows and how happy he is when Namjoon is around. But for now, All he needs to do is try to conceal it or not make it obvious in front of Namjoon. He doesn't want him to find out, he values their friendship more than what he feels for him.

What's important right now is he's happy. He'll be contented with that or end up losing him.

*****

“Hyung, when is he arriving?” Joon's younger brother asked. They were at the flower shop that Joon owned and he's the florist as well. Good thing their parents are supportive when they decided to built their own businesses.

'Bloomey's' the name of his shop. The meaning behind the shop name isn't that deep. It's as simple as flower's blooms and made it a bit catchy and cute that ended up that way.

“Why are you so impatient? He's on his way” He answered his brother while his eyes are still gazed at his work. It's the last work for the day and after that he's free to go and have dinner with Jimin. Namjoon already reserved a table for them at a fancy restaurant that he knows. He wanted to treat Jimin a nice meal after the exhausting day. He can't help but smile just by the thought of him.

“You're crazily smiling over those flowers? or was it because of that guy you wanted me to meet? Namjoon was stunned by the sudden question but immediately regained his composure.

“Shut up” he said that made both of them laugh. Namjoon shared to his every moment he had spent with Jimin that's how open they are with each other, they don't want anything or anyone ruin their relationship. That's why he's here to finally meet the man behind his stories.

“Anyways, haven't found your soulmate?” Joon suddenly asked his brother. He noticed the black wristband he was wearing since 5 years ago, he doesn't let anyone know what was written there or if it something did appear. His brother has the same perspective as him when it comes to that “soulmate” thing.

They both don't like the idea of falling in love depending on whose engraved on your wrist. Love comes naturally and not because you're obliged to. Luckily, Namjoon is born to be a void and yes he's not even devastated when he found out instead he jumped out of joy. He'll rather end up single that being with someone he doesn't genuinely love.

“Are you trying to peak on my wrist?” his brother jokingly accuse Namjoon but the latter just laughed at him.

“Silly”

A phone rang and it was his brother's. He pull out his phone and check the message he received. Suddenly, he felt sad after reading what was written there.

“Hyung, i need to go. Adora needs me at the café” a hint of sadness was in his voice when he said those. He really felt bad that he won't be able to meet that “Jimin-guy” in his hyung's stories tonight but he has no choice but to tend the café. Namjoon knows that the situation is inevitable, though a part of him is a bit unhappy but he still understands the situation.

“No worries. You can meet him next time”

“Both of you can come at the cafe tomorrow. I'll be there”

“Okay sure, See you tomorrow”His brother finally bid his goodbye to his hyung, whose almost done with the flower bowl that he's busy making.

Namjoon heard the door opened and the chimes on it made noises. He immediately looked up to see who it was and saw the man he has been waiting for. He's wearing his usual get up, a tight jeans and oversized sweaters that made him look so tiny. Jimin was also wearing a light makeup since he wants to look presentable in the older's eyes but Joon doesn't mind even if he sees him with just barefaced. He's still beautiful inside and out.

“Hey” Jimin greeted with a smile which the older returned. Namjoon gestured him to come in, still busy doing some finishing touch for the flower bowl. Jimin walked over to the counter where the busy Namjoon is, up until now, he's still in awe every time he sees how the older works. He definitely has a green thumb and a delicate hands. Every flower that he arranges turns into a masterpiece and he adores him for that. He also treats every plants, as if, it's his own kids and that's the side of Namjoon that he likes the most. Namjoon is too dedicated for his craft.

“For a customer?” Jimin asked when he reached the counter.

“Nope” Joon inserted the final leaf “and...DONE. Here” He handed the flower bowl to Jimin right afrer he was done that made the latter taken aback by the action.

(See photo in the multimedia)

“You don't like it?” the older asked when he saw Jimin's reaction.

“No, wait, Yes. I mean, oh fuck” Jimin panicked.

“Breathe, Minie” The younger did what he said. He took and deep breath in and exhaled, slowly regaining his composure.

“I love it, Joonie. I was just surprised that it was for me” he finally found the right words to say. He took the flower bowl and look through the details. The color of the flowers blended with each other, the flower bowl was meticulously made, he's so touched of Joon's effort. He did receive bouquets before and he's thankful to them but now knowing that the one who gave it to you was also the one who made it, makes it more extra special. He looked at Namjoon and mouthed 'thank you'

How can you not fall for this kind of man?

*****

“Let's go?” Namjoon invited. He put the flower bowl in a box and secured it with a plastic bag, to make sure it won't break at all. The least thing that Jimin wants. After that, Namjoon took his things and closed, Bloomey's, his flower shop and they both headed to the restaurant where they will eat for the night.

They just took a cab. Namjoon can't drive and when Jimin found that out, he was stumbling on the floor for laughing too hard. Being clumsy that Joon is, he knew he might just crash the car or violate tons of traffic rules, unintentionally. Namjoon managed  to boast that he can uses bicycles instead for less pollution and a mother earth friendly vehicle. Jimin still finds it hilarious. On the other hand, Jimin doesn't have licences yet but it's not that he doesn't know how to drive, he doesn't have the time to take the licensure exams and to afford a car...yet.

It took take them almost an hour to arrive at the resto, it was rush hour and they got stuck on a traffic jam which Jimin finds it annoying 'cause it's making him tired instead and hungrier. Namjoon noticed that, he just took Jimin's hand to his and assures him that they'll arrive sooner.

They went inside the restaurant and jimin was fascinated on how it looks. It literally shouts Elegance, he immediately checked himself and a visible disgust was written on his face. Namjoon should've told him that they're going on a fancy restaurant, so he should've prepared for it but the he also remembered that he went straight from his work. He has no spare clothes other than what he's wearing and the sweaty clothes he used at work.

Namjoon noticed that Jimjn kept on looking at his clothes. He put his arms on Jimin's hips and dragged him closer to him, the latter was caught off guard with the sudden action. He looked up to Namjoon, since he's much taller than him, and gave him a questioning look.

The older leaned closer to him and whispered to his ear “Don't feel insecure, you're perfect” it brings shiver down to Jimin's spine. He felt his knees weakens but gladly Namjoon is still holding him from his hips and used that to support himself.

'Damn this man and his effect on me' Jimin thought and pushed himself out of Namjoon's arms after he get a grip of himself. The older just smirked.

A waiter walked towards them and asked on how can he helped them, Namjoon immediately said that he already reserved a table for two, and instantly guided them to their table.

Namjoon pulled the chair and gestured the younger to take a seat which he gladly did, as he sat on the chair in front of Jimin. The older called the waiter and they both ordered what they want to eat for the night.

When the waiter went away Namjoon started the conversation, “Uhm, Sorry if i told you to go to the shop instead of me picking you up to work”

“Silly, it's no big deal and you also made me this” Jimin showed the plastic bag where the flower bowl was. Usually, Namjoon always picks Jimin whenever he's inviting him but since he was planning for him and his brother to meet up. He told him to drop by instead but it didn't go well as planned 'cause his brother was needed as his café shop.

“I was supposed to introduce you to my younger brother, the one that i told you who owns the café near the park but he needed to go”

“That's unfortunate” Jimin sadly said “I want to meet him too and personally tell him that his pancakes are incredibly delicious” By mentioning pancake, he's starting to crave over it again. They usually served it for breakfast but Joon, being the brother of the owner, managed to  order it anytime Jimin craves for it.

“You just like me due to my brother's pancakes” Namjoon teased.

Jimin acted like he was shocked, hands over his mouth, that was forming an 'o', eyebrow creased and eyeing him “How did you know?”

It was Namjoon's turn to act as if he was hurt after what jimin just said. His right hand was clutching his chest.

“That hurted” they both giggled.

The waiter eventually arrived with their food. Joon ordered steak while Jimin has carbonara and wine as their beverage. They immediately digged in after it was placed on their table, they're really starving.

“Oh, One more thing” Namjoon swallowed the steak that was on his mouth and drank the red wine before proceeding to what he was about to say “Let's go to the cafe tomorrow. My brother said he's gonna be there”

“At the Vanffee?” Vanffee, it's the name of the café shop that Namjoon's brother owns. It was just a combination of Van and Coffee, his brother loves and so passionate about Vincent Van Gogh, even the said shop has a Starry Night themed.

“Yes”

“Sure. I can't wait” Jimin can't hide the excitement that he feels about meeting Joon's brother, after all he's the reason behind those delicious pancakes. Yes, he's a diehard fan of that pancake recipe and no one's gonna stop him to be one.

'Tomorrow, it is'

*****

“So, You're really gonna act like nothing's written on your wrist?” The girl said after seeing Taehyung's bare wrist, he only took it off when he's alone or when he's with his friend.

“I told you, this shit won't dictate the fate of my relationship”

“Taehyung, You and the one who's written on your wrist is 100% destined for each other. Don't go against fate, you'll eventually get hurt” no matter how hard the girl tried to knock some senses to her friend, at the end of the day, it's what he believes in will matter the most. It's just unfortunate knowing he wants to go againts destiny. She knows some that tried but never succeeded.

“Adora, are you my friend or what? Can't you be more supportive?” Taehyung said in annoyance but his friend just shrugged and chuckled.

“I'm just telling the truth, Tae” Taehyung rolled his eyes, He gestured Adora to go out of his office and finished all she has to do so they can finally close Vanffee, his café.

He took a deep breathe and stared at his tinted wrist and read what was written.

“Park Jimin”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 2.6K 43
"ahh... So perv-" "I told you not to call me that didnt i?!!" he looked at me annoyed Honestly, he looked cute. The amount of anger that radiated fro...
345K 17.9K 71
THIS STORY HAS A NEW VERSION PUBLISHED ON MY PROFILE (currently unpublished) (don't expect top quality from this one 😭) BTS X READER - SOULMATE AU ✔...
47.1K 1.4K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...
135K 5.4K 20
"I'm independent." Your voice sounded small in his presence. This one thought was what fueled you your whole life. You never wanted to rely on anyone...