𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 | 𝐏𝐄𝐑...

By athenjade

Mortal highschool AU - Percy Jackson moves to San Francisco with his mom. He notices the blonde girl who live... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 29
chapter 30 - epilogue

chapter 28

6K 93 191
By athenjade

Annabeth's P.O.V.

When Annabeth woke up in the hospital with wires all around her body, she was completely and utterly confused.

The first thing she noticed was the gifts lying around her. Her body felt warm, but in the sense that someone probably hugged her recently, it was weird. She looked around the room to find a calendar.

How was it December 31st already? It was the 20th just last night! They must've made a mistake. She should tell them. She pressed the red button that called for a nurse.

A woman with the name "Julie" entered the room. "Annabeth," she said, relieved. "How are you? Are you feeling okay?"

Annabeth nodded. "What happened? How did I get here? And, um, you guys have the wrong date on your schedule."

Julie's expression softened even more. "I'm afraid it's the right date."

Annabeth chuckled. "So, what?" she said, laughing. "I've been in a coma all this time?" The idea was too hilarious not to laugh. But Nurse Julie didn't laugh. In fact, her facial expression seemed to sadden.

"Oh my gods," Annabeth said, realization entering her mind. "Have I been in a coma all this time?"

"I'm sorry," the nurse said suddenly interested in her really ugly shoes.

"How long have I been like this?"

"10 days," Julie said, looking worried.

"10 days. 10 days. 10 days..." she kept repeating. She couldn't believe it.

Then she remembered. "The fall. When Percy and I fell... That's how it happened, isn't it?"

The nurse nodded. "Exactly."

"Well, is Percy alright? Can I see him? Is he here?"

"He isn't here," the nurse said. "His injuries weren't as bad as yours. He was discharged a week ago."

Thank the gods Percy was safe. All of this was her fault. If she hadn't been so reckless and angry with him for no reason none of this would've happened.

"10 days," she said again. "Did anyone come to visit?"

"If the counter filled with gifts isn't obvious enough, yes. Your father and brothers stayed by your side all of Christmas. Your brothers gave up seeing Santa to see you. Your boyfriend, Percy-"

"He's not my boyfriend," Annabeth said, blushing.

"You sure?" Julie asked. "Because he was here every day from the beginning to the end of visiting hours, and the way he was around you... are you sure?"

Annabeth nodded. Does Percy still like me? Even after how awful I was with him? The thought made her smile. "Anyone else?"

"Well, a mob of teens, who I assume are your friends came in just this morning."

Annabeth smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah," Julie said. And Annabeth had to agree with herself: Julie seemed like the coolest nurse ever. "And, when the emo kid hugged you, every-"

"NICO HUGGED ME?" Annebeth asked, yelling. "Are you sure?"

"Positive. All your friends were freaking out too."

"Dam," Annabeth said.

Julie smiled. "I'll leave you to explore the treasure. I'm gonna call your dad in okay?"

"Sure, thanks."

When Julie left, Annabeth started with the top of the pile of gifts.

First was a bouquet with Lotus flowers and roses. That was obviously from Piper. She smiled. There was also a note attached to the plastic holding it together:

We can't wait to see you! -Piper & Jason

Next was a plushy animal. An owl. Her favourite. That was from Leo because a plushy was always his "Get Well" gift.

The card was probably from Hazel, because knowing her, she knew that they thought words spoke louder than objects.

Hazel's note was really sweet:

Hey, Beth. We love you so much, and we miss you so much. Remember in fourth grade when you kept cussing out Mr. Darnell because he was being racist towards me? Remember how you got him fired? Well, I do. You are amazing and you're willing to move mountains for those you love. This is why everyone loves you. -Hazel  P.S.GIRL, PERCY IS IN LOVE WITH YOU. JUST KISS HIM ALREADY!

Annabeth smiled. Percy really did love her, didn't he?

Next was a card from Frank, it said;

Hey, Annie, I'm not very good with words, but Hazel forced me not to get you a gift, and to write you a card instead, so I wrote you a poem. Here goes nothing:

You're nice and funny and sweet

You're the one who makes us complete.

We love you with all our hearts

When we thought you were gone, it tore us apart.

If you're reading this, it's 'cause you're back,

GIRL WHY DID YOU GIVE US A HEART ATTACK?

Annabeth laughed. Classic Frank.

She knew that Nico's hug was the hug. Too bad she wasn't awake to feel it.

That left three people; Percy, Reyna and Thalia. Thalia probably didn't bring a gift, since the whole Luke fiasco. Reyna never brought presents. She thought it was too cliché. She'd rather just have a conversation.

She looked back at the desk. She knew the GET WELL SOON card was from school. But there was more on the desk. It looked like a book from afar, but she knew she hadn't seen it earlier because everything else had been placed on her hospital bed.

She tried to get up and walk to get the last gift, but her ankles were killing her and her knees were wobbly, so instead, she crawled across her bed to reach it.

Before anything else, she saw the note. It was the sweetest thing.

Merry Christmas.

I love you too.

-Seaweed Brain.

Annabeth smiled. He said he loved her. He loved her. She felt like she could fly. Annabeth couldn't remember a time when she'd been happier.

Her eyes teared up and she began laughing. She was so happy. Butterflies in her stomach, a smile on her face.

She looked at the gift he'd gotten her. He didn't. She had wanted this book for so long. It wasn't named "the best architecture book of the decade" for nothing. She hugged it with all her might.

"Percy Jackson," she whispered, smirking. "You will be the death of me."

After ten minutes of browsing through the book, Nurse Julie, her dad and her two younger brothers; Bobby and Matthew, entered the room.

"Annie!" her brothers shouted.

"Daddy said you turned into sleeping beauty and might never wake up," Matthew said. "But then Percy kissed you on the cheek before he left for vacation, and now you're awake!"

Bobby laughed. "The movie was right! True love's kiss did break the spell! And now Percy's back and you can get married just like in the movie!"

Annabeth tried glaring at her dad to cover her blush but just ended laughing right along with her family. It must've been awkward for Julie.

The nurse coughed into her hand. When she got their attention, she smiled brightly. "So, Annabeth, if you've tried to walk, you'll know that it's extremely painful." When Annabeth nodded, she continued. "Well, darling, your right ankle is broken. It should heal in a month or so. For now, we'll provide you with crutches. You also have a concussion. So that means no physical activity for six weeks after your ankle has healed. Got it?"

"Yes," Annabeth and her dad answered at the same time.

"We're supposed to discharge you tomorrow, but since you probably don't want to spend New Year's Eve in a hospital, so we're letting you out today. Does that sound good?"

Annabeth nodded. It was round 9:00 p.m. so she might be able to make it to Jason's party. (She found Percy's note about the party in the book.)

-time-skip-to-when-she's-leaving-the-hospital-

It was 11:20 which only gave her 40 minutes to get to Jason's place. Sure, It was only around 20 minutes away from her house, but she still had to change into good clothes, eat and take a shower.

;;;

There were 10 minutes left until midnight, and Annabeth was almost there. She knew where Jason hid his house key in front of the house, so she could let herself in when she got there.

She drove another 9 minutes and a half until she got there. She had thirty seconds. 30 seconds. She could do this. She could do this. She grabbed her crutches, got out of the car, locked it and began to walk to Jason's house.

She had at most 10 seconds left. 10 seconds.

She picked up the key under the plant.

9

She put it into the hole.

8

She inhaled and exhaled. Hurry up, she thought.

7

She turned the knob, then put the key into her back pocket.

6

She had to see Percy. She had too. She loved him.

5

She pushed on the door. It wouldn't budge.

4

It wouldn't open. If she couldn't get in, she would probably die of sadness.

3

She picked up one of her crutches and leaned on the other. She threw the crutch against the door, and it opened.

2

When she entered the house, the first she saw was Percy. And the moment their eyes met, everything was perfect.

1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 69 12
Photo credit: Viria.TumBlr.com Rated: pg13 Warning: alcohol, language, implied sex Summary: Annabeth is the good girl with good grades doing everyt...
188K 5.8K 49
"After all those years on the streets, I finally feel like I'm home" "You're lying" Leo didn't even have to look up, he knew her better than anyone...
6.2K 147 17
Helloooo! So if your new here, hi I'm Jayde. I write one shots for Percabeth, but I'm gonna start a fanfic! *Percy and Annabeth met as kids, they th...
204K 5.8K 90
Annabeth Chase is a rebellious teen who only acts out for attention. She has a brain, but it seems like she's not using it. Percy Jackson is trouble...