Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 1 Part 1

31.2K 307 1.3K
By aLogan11

(Your POV)

You were walking through the city looking for an open dust shop to modify your weapons. You twirled one of your pistols around your fingers as you finally saw one that was open.

(Y/N): Finally a dust shop opened this late. This took me like an hour to find one that was open.

You stepped through the doors of the store From Dust Till Dawn. Looking around you saw the shopkeeper standing at the counter.

Shopkeeper: What can I get for you there?

(Y/N): Need some lightning dust for my pistols here.

You twirled your blasters before placing them on the table for the older man to examine them. After he had looked at the dust compartment he pointed to the back corner of the shop.

Shopkeeper: You'll find everything you need back there.

(Y/N): Thank you sir.

You picked your guns back up before heading to the back of the shop where you saw a girl in a red cloak listening to some music through her headphones. She looked to be reading a magazine of some kind.

You turned away from her and started to gather the dust that you would need for your gun. You felt a pair of eyes on you and you saw that the girl was looking not at you, but at your guns. At a glance she looked beautiful.

While young she did look like a warrior with what you could only guess was her weapon on her back. Looking at her magazine you saw that she was looking at a weapons magazine. 

You finished filling up one of your guns and then looked back at her. You motioned for her to take off her headphones and she did so.

(Y/N): Hello there. I saw you were looking at my weapon.

You flipped your weapon turning it into its dagger form and then back again.

(Y/N): Would you like to...

She gasped as she interrupted you.

???: You have a gun that turns into daggers.

She ripped it away from your hand and turned it all over looking at it.

???: What's can it do? How hard can it shoot? Can it blow up a Grimm? Can it...

(Y/N): I'm going to stop you right there Ms...?

The girl blushed, handing you back your weapon.

???: Sorry I'm Ruby. Ruby Rose.

You paused...

Why did you know that name?

She held out her hand waiting for you to shake it. You instead turned her hand and brought it to your lips gently kissing it. She started blushing madly and started stuttering in response.

(Y/N): I'm only joking. Had to see your reaction. My name is (Y/N) (L/N).

You held out your hand and after a few seconds she finally took it gently shaking your hand. Letting go you filled up your other gun with dust.

Ruby: So what school do you go to?

You turned back to her confused.

(Y/N): What?

Ruby: Well you have weapons and so I was wondering what school you went to. I go to Signal Academy, how about you?

You looked down for a second before looking back at her silver eyes.

(Y/N): Wait silver eyes. Are the legends about the Silver Eyed Warriors really true? How did I not notice that before?

You came back to your senses after seeing Ruby staring at you. She waved her hand in front of your face.

Ruby: Hello (Y/N)? Are you dead?

(Y/N): No sorry, just was thinking about something. Anyways I don't go to a combat school. I'm just a traveler picking up small tips from fighters and taking notes of the Hunters and Huntresses that pass through towns.

Ruby: Oh I thought that you would have been at one of the schools since you seem pretty good with your guns.

(Y/N): Oh no. Anyways I got to pay for this dust. See you around Ms. Rose.

Ruby: Goodbye, new friend.

You turned away from her going to the shopkeeper who was at the front of the store earlier. However looking outside you saw a man in a white jacket approaching the store with people in black jackets flanking him.

The man in front had longer orange hair with it swept across one of his eyes. A cigarette hung loosely from his lips as he twirled his cane around. Why did he look familiar?

The men surrounding him all wore black jackets with red glasses and ties. They all had guns at their waists and some held containers for what you could only assume was dust or lien.

(Y/N): I probably should get out of here before they see me. Don't want to lose the minimum that I already have.

You were about to hide in the back when you remembered Ruby. You were about to call out to her when the villain-looking people entered the shop. The goons stepped to the front desk staring down at the dust that lay behind the glass casing. Then the gangster wannabe stepped up to the shopkeeper.

???: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop open this late?

One of the goons pointed the gun towards the old man as he said that.

Shopkeeper: Please just take my lien and leave.

???: Calm down we're not here for your money. Grab the dust.

He said this to his henchmen as they pulled out storage containers for the dust.

Hearing this you double checked for your suit. You knew that you always wore it under your regular clothes, and this time was no different.

You dashed behind a display case for the dust and they didn't see you, starting to fill their containers up with dust.

You quickly knocked over a stand, as you ran around, grabbing onto the closets one. You quickly transformed your guns into daggers, before covering his mouth, and quickly killing him, before you gently lowered him to the ground.

The others continued to fill up the dust containers, while one checked out your distraction, oblivious to your intentions. Before you could attack another you saw a man fly through the air and crash through the windows of the shop. Ruby suddenly flipped through the air after the man and landed outside.

Looking away from the men she activated her weapon which turned out to be a giant scythe.

(Y/N): How can someone so small wield such a massive weapon?

She turned back to the store smiling at the robbers before hardening her gaze and twirling her scythe towards the storefront. Looking at her the wannabe gangster sighed before addressing his men.

???: Okay. Get her.

The men ran through the front door and towards her. The first one struck and attempted to slash her with his sword. She leapt over his attack using her scythe before kicking him in the face sending him sprawling back to the store.

Seeing this you quickly ran over to him and knocked him out so he could do no more damage. The leader of the group saw this and turned towards you.

???: Well hello there Black, didn't expect to see two children trying to play hero. You kids get weirder everyday.

(Y/N): You're one to talk.

He brought up his cane in a more offensive way.

???: You think I'm weird. I'm the mighty Roman Torchwick. The greatest thief to ever grace the streets of Remnant's cities. This is child's play compared to what I have faced in the past.

(Y/N): Torchwick...

Roman quickly flipped his cane up firing three shots at you. However you knew this was coming and you deflected them with your daggers and then retaliated with three shots of your own. He blocked two with his cane but the third hit his hat and knocked him backwards onto the street.

Turning around you saw that a small section of the shop has exploded due to Roman's crazy shots. You faced the shopkeeper.

(Y/N): Call the police.

Rushing out onto the street you brought your daggers down on him, however it was met with his cane. He smirked before firing at the ground and you reacted just quick enough to jump out of the way but it accomplished its goal and Roman stood back up. He turned to see Ruby owning his men.

One hit from her scythe ended each robber's intentions as they were pounded into the ground or sent flying. Under fire she dashed around leaving a trail of rose petals before jumping towards the last henchman and swinging her scythe sending him flying at Roman's feet.

You felt a disturbance and saw Roman shooting at you. You just barely reacted in time moving to the side but the shot still grazed you, leaving you sprawling on the ground. Roman then turned towards Ruby again.

Roman: You were worth every cent. Truly, you were.

He dropped his cigarette on the ground before crushing it with his cane. Faintly you could hear police sirens in the distance knowing the old man must have called them.

Roman: Well, Red, I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around I'm afraid this is where we part ways.

He lifted his cane up once more, the end of it coming up into what looked like a scope.

(Y/N): Ruby watch out!

Roman fired at Ruby, but with your warning she fired her scythe at the ground causing her to leap over it. She looked back and forth to see Roman wasn't there. You rushed towards her pointing at a ladder where you saw Roman climbing up.

(Y/N): Over there.

Ruby looked back at you with a smile coming across her face.

(Y/N): She looks way prettier when she smiles.

Ruby rushed over to the ladder in a burst of rose petals. You ran after her already knowing what she was going to do. Once she got to the bottom she shot down again with her scythe propelling her up to the top.

Before she could do it you grabbed onto the scythe and it launched both of you to the top. Reaching the top you looked around for Roman. You looked towards Ruby only to find her blushing.

Ruby: Hey can you let go now.

You looked down and saw your hand saw covering hers from where you grabbed the scythe, and let go quickly.

(Y/N): Oh yeah sorry about that.

Ruby turned back towards the roof and saw Roman running away.

Ruby: Hey.

Roman came to an end at the edge of the roof trapped.

Roman: Persistent.

Just then a loud noise broke the silence and you saw a Bullhead rising up from behind the building. You and Ruby took a step back to avoid getting blown away. The hatch opened and allowed for Roman to climb inside. He turned back to the two of you smirking.

Roman: End of the line red and black.

He threw a fire dust crystal at the two of you. You and Ruby watched it roll to your feet and then you felt a disturbance. You looked up to see Roman firing a shot at the crystal. You had just enough time to push Ruby out of harm's way as the crystal exploded.

(3rd Person POV)

Ruby was glaring at Roman when she saw the dust land at her feet. Before she could react (Y/N) had pushed her out of the way. She landed on the roof's surface to see an explosion where he had stood.

Ruby: No not (Y/N). He seemed familiar for some reason. He was so nice, tall, and cute... Wait what?

Turning to the Bullhead, Roman was laughing wildly at his good fortune until he saw the purple glow. Ruby looked too and saw that a woman was making a shield in front of (Y/N) that seemed to come from her wand. It slowly went away as the ashes cleared from the explosion.

Ruby looked at her in awe as the woman pushed up her glasses. Suddenly she summoned purple streaks that slammed into the Bullhead causing the ship to rock side to side, slowly losing altitude as Roman ran off to the front of the ship.

The Bullhead began to rise again before the woman casted a spell causing a storm to form above it. The wind started to pick up as the Bullhead began to rock. With a flick of her wand jagged hail started to form and impale onto the Bullhead's surface.

(Your POV)

Finally you stood up again after hearing a loud ringing noise. You turned to the ship rising and saw the hail that was splattering onto the surface. A woman stood in front of you and it looked like she saved you and caused the storm.

(Y/N): Wait Ruby.

You turned to the side and saw Ruby looking in awe at the woman as she effortlessly was bringing the ship down. Suddenly you saw a fireball coming towards you in the future and yelled at the woman in front of you.

(Y/N): Watch out!

The fireball came suddenly, flying towards you but the woman in front of you blocked the blast as fire rushed around the shield. Remnants of the flame settled to the roof though and the red dressed woman made them all fly up.

(Y/N): Watch out!

You tackled the magic woman out of the way of the flame particles. Behind you the flames rushed up in an explosion. The woman stood up, waved her wand and then the pieces formed together into what looked like a magic arrow. It spun a few times before she shot it at the ship. The fire woman saw this and fired many fireballs at it. However each time it would reform and continue on its path.

She then redirected the arrow into the ship and when it hit it, the ship took a major dip. She reformed the giant arrow into three smaller ones which now circled the ship. As you watched her do this suddenly they lost their purple glow as a fiery explosion caused them to become orange in color and they fell down in a spectacle.

As soon as this happened you and Ruby started shooting at the ship. You used your guns with your newly received lightning dust and Ruby turned her scythe into a sniper. However try as you may the woman seemed to block every shot before surrounding you three with circles of fire. You tackled Ruby out of the way as the woman flipped out of the way right before they exploded.

Turning towards the ship it now flew away into the night. You saw Ruby get up, as she looked at the woman.

Ruby: You're a huntress... Can I have your autograph?

You and Ruby were taken to an interrogation room by the so-called Huntress. She walked around the both of you with a computer tablet in her hand.

???: I hope that you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, young lady and young man. You put yourselves and others in grave danger.

Ruby/(Y/N): They started it!

You both looked at each other in surprise and slightly blushed. The Huntress huffed and continued on with her speech of greatness.

???: If it were up to me, you'd both be sent home with a pat on the back...

(Y/N): Wait for it

???: And a slap on the wrist

You quickly pulled Ruby's hands out of the way as the woman's riding crop came down.

Ruby: Eeek!

???: But there is someone here who would like to meet the two of you.

She moved out of the to reveal a man in green coming through the doorway. He had grey hair with spectacles on. In one hand he held a plate of cookies and in the other he held a mug of presumably tea or coffee.

???: Ruby Rose...

He leaned down towards Ruby and looked at her face studying it for a good few moments.

???: You have silver eyes.

Ruby: Uh, um...

(Y/N): Creepy old man

He gestured towards the tablet computer that the Huntress held up.

???: So where did you learn to do this?

Looking at the tablet you saw Ruby's fight again. She really was incredible, effortlessly dodging the blasts from the goons using her speedy semblance in combination with her scythe.

Ruby: S...Signal Academy.

???: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Ruby: Well one teacher in particular.

???: I see...

The man placed the plate of cookies in front of Ruby. Quickly however you reached forward and stole two but Ruby didn't notice it as she stuffed her face full of the rest, shoveling them into her mouth.

???: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow...

Ruby: Thash muh unghule.

You all looked at her in confusion and she looked down blushing. She swallowed the rest of the cookie and wiped her mouth clean.

Ruby: Uh, sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now I'm like - Hooooowaaaah! Witchaaaaa!

Ruby started doing some ninja moves slicing at non-existent enemies.

???: So I've noticed.

He placed his cup down on the table. He then sat down on the chair opposite of you guys.

???: And what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?

(Y/N): Because she is a warrior you old creep.

The man seemed to sense something as he looked back at you and then laughed a little.

???: Don't worry, we'll get to you soon.

Ignoring you now he looked back to Ruby, tilting his head expecting a response.

Ruby: Well... I want to be a Huntress.

???: You want to slay monsters?

Ruby: Yeah! I only have two more years of training left at Signal! And then I'm going to apply to Beacon! You see, my sister's starting there this year, and she's trying to become a Huntress, and I'm trying to become a Huntress 'cause I wanna help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, Hey, I might as well make a career out of it!

She giggled at this making you think that she might have gone fully insane in that moment.

Ruby: I mean the police are alright, but Huntsmen and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and cool and really, gosh, you know!

Ruby was now smiling crazily at everyone waiting for a response from everyone. You decided to make her feel better.

(Y/N): Of course Ruby.

Underneath the table you grabbed her hand and squeezed a little causing her to blush massively and then you returned your gaze to the woman who was glaring at you. The man then decided to speak up.

???: Do you know who I am?

Ruby: You're Professor Ozpin. You're the headmaster at Beacon.

Ozpin then smiled creepily at her leaning closer to her.

Ozpin: Hello.

(Y/N): And this is why I call you a creepy old man.

Ruby: Nice to meet you.

(Y/N): Well she's just oblivious.

Ozpin: You want to come to my school?

Ruby: More than anything.

The huntress in the background just huffed showing her clear disapproval of the situation. Ozpin just sighed and returned his gaze back to Ruby.

Ozpin: Well okay.

At this Ruby had the biggest smile that you think you have ever seen. She gleefully jumped up and down out of her chair.

Ruby: Did you hear that (Y/N)? I'm going to Beacon. I'm going to be a Huntress!

She eagerly awaited your response, her smile growing bigger and bigger with each passing second.

(Y/N): Yes I did Ruby. I'm sitting here too.

Ruby looked down, embarrassed.

Ruby: Oh yeah.

Ozpin sat there watching the interaction between the two of you smiling.

Ozpin: Well then Ms. Ruby Rose, it's time for you to return to your home. Glynda could you escort her please.

Glynda obviously didn't look too happy with the situation but sighed and lowered the computer tablet onto the table.

Glynda: Come along Ms. Rose. Time to get back to your family.

Ruby: Bye (Y/N)!

Ruby hugged you quickly, before she used her semblance to rush out of the room. As Glynda left she closed the door leaving you and Ozpin together.

Ozpin: You've been through quite a lot, haven't you?

You said nothing, starting at him, with what you knew was a hollow look in your eyes. Ozpin looked back towards you, sighing as he seemed to see your gaze, and picked up the tablet.

Ozpin: Well then Mr. (L/N). How did you learn to fight like this?

He showed you a video on the tablet which showed you in your fight with Roman Torchwick. However he pressed a few buttons and it showed you infiltrating White Fang bases, destroying the resources along with killing the members that lay guarding the items.

Ozpin: I've looked into your records. I checked for anyone under the name of (Y/N) (L/N) and you have no experience with combat schools, and... well let's leave your family for later.

He placed the tablet down on the table and looked back at you.

Ozpin: What do you think your semblance is?

The question startled you as you thought he was talking about combat training. You looked down at your hands and remembered everything that you had been told.

(Y/N): Well it gives me incredibly fast reflexes. It tells me if something is going to happen and then helps me react to it. Useful in a fight especially for fast paced, counter attacking where I know how and where they will attack.

Ozpin took a sip from his mug and then looked back at the tablet. He showed a section where the fire lady shot the fireball at Glynda before she blocked it.

Ozpin: Tell me. Did you only get warned of this event happening?

You sat there in silence realizing he was right. In truth...

Ozpin: Or perhaps did you see that the event would happen in your mind?

You stared at him.

(Y/N): Can he read minds?

Ozpin continued to sip from his mug.

Ozpin: I think that perhaps your semblance has two parts. I think that the reflexes are a big part of it. You will get warned of this. But I think that your semblance works like a muscle. The more you use it the stronger it will get. I think your body can tell that you are in danger because it is seeing into the future if there is not a response. For example the fireball headed your way, you could have avoided it as Glynda said that you gave her the warning far earlier than when the girl shot the fireball.

You sat there thinking.

(Y/N): Could this be true? It makes sense based on the circumstances that I am used to. However how would it work? Would I be stuck in the middle of the battle seeing the future? Would I...

Ozpin: I'm not sure how your semblance works. However I am sure that we can figure it out together. Come to Beacon with me. You seem quite fond of Ms. Rose already.

(Y/N): Go to Beacon Academy? I've had no combat training, formally at a school I mean. I haven't gone to school in a long time. I'm not sure that would work out.

Ozpin sat there annoyingly sipping his coffee waiting for you to be done. When you were done he took a moment to think.

Ozpin: Mr. (L/N). If we could train your semblance to a level where it was good enough you could be untouchable. No one could land a hit on you if we get you to that level. Granted now you won't be the strongest in straight up combat, but I think your semblance negates that. At Beacon we will train you in combat so that you can hold your own without best. People like Pyrrha Nikos will be able to defeat you without semblances as she is superior but if you can keep on dodging indefinitely eventually you will be able to get your hits in and defeat your opponent.

Ozpin stood up taking his coffee mug and cane. He grabbed the tablet and then turned back to you.

Ozpin: I'm not asking you to make the decision now. You are merely...

He paused, as if thinking for a moment, almost deliberating between something.

Ozpin: Sixteen... You have another year ahead of you. After that you can't go through our normal schooling program but I still invite you to come back. I have friends in high places that can train you better than a random person at a village that you visit.

Ozpin pulled a tablet out of his jacket and handed it to you.

Ozpin: Your new Scroll. It has the numbers of all the staff at Beacon Academy. You can talk to any of them to make your decision. When you are ready. You will know where to find me.

Ozpin began to walk out of the room.

(Y/N): I'll join your school. Help me become stronger.

Ozpin turned back to you with a slight smile on his face.

Ozpin: Well then, welcome to Beacon Academy. We have much to discuss. I assume you are fine with going now. We can get your stuff from the inn you were staying at.

(Y/N): Yes, let's go.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
47.2K 691 30
This is a Yang X Reader, you are Y/N, a knight in training, ran from his home and now must live with his past right behind him, he joined Beacon to f...
97.2K 1K 43
Shadows seem to have no heart, no feelings, no emotion. Yet Shadow Joker Strife is different, his heart had been changed, after seeing his family kil...
3.6K 85 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...