Secrets

By chocodropss

Most impressive ranking: #68 in cult A new school term had just begun and everyone felt positive vibes. They... More

Author's Note
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Epilogue
Author's Note

Twelve

214 67 41
By chocodropss

I was running towards the bathroom with a pad in between my palm and my skirt. My period had come unexpectedly and I knew it was because of the stress. It wasn't really a surprise though but I was happy I noticed it on time. Let's just say I'm part of the no menstrual pain gang. Yes, I know I'm blessed.

I quickly did my thing and left the bathroom. On my way out, I threw the wrap in the waste bin placed at the door of the ladies. I was about leaving the ladies completely when I heard whispers here and there. I traced where they were coming from and found Anita talking with Angela in hushed tones.

I tried to understand what they were saying but I couldn't get anything. They looked like they were arguing about something. I got closer but u still couldn't hear anything; I decided it was useless and and left the ladies.

I got to my class in time for our chemistry class. I was sitting on my desk when someone tapped me. I turned to see Wendy smiling at me with a sickly sweet smile.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey. What do you want?" I know I sounded rude and all but she wasn't exactly nice the last time we spoke.

"I just want to apologize for the last time. I know you like Will and I won't stand in you guys way." She said and I looked at her for a long while then sighed.

"Why are you suddenly approving? You almost cut off my head the last time. So I'll ask again, what do you want?"

"Let's just say we both have what the other one wants. I can help you guys, you know?" She literally whispered the last part and I turned to see if anyone was watching us. Everyone was busy doing their business while Derin was looking at us while pretending to be playing with her tab.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"I know you guys have been receiving texts and I know Kay Kay received some of those when she was alive. I've something I think you guys should see but first, you have to do something for me."

"And what's that?" I asked, looking at her.

She looked at me and we maintained eye contact for a long while.

"What? She wants us to feature on those her YouTube videos? But why us?" Ziora nearly screamed. She walked to the wall and put her arms across her chest.

We were the only ones present in the class. Every other person had gone for break and we just had to talk about what was going on.

"Well, I don't know but I feel she can help us with this issue. We actually do need her." I shrugged.

The twins didn't like the fact that the favour Wendy asked was for the twins to feature in her next YouTube video. It's obvious she just wants to spend time with them and the twins were a huge sensation on both Instagram and YouTube.

"You guys just have to do it. If not for Kay Kay, at least for us. We have just three days left to find who killed Kay Kay and I doubt we're getting close to solving the case." Derin said, sitting on one of the desks close to mine.

"Fine, we will but when is she going to show us what she wants to show us?" Zikora asked.

"Immediately you guys agree to do the YouTube videos. So please just go talk to her when she comes back from break. I'll see you guys later." I said, hurrying out of the class.

I walked past William's class, I looked inside and the class and I saw him kissing Glory. Glory was this girl in his class that was extremely annoying. She was pretty but had a very nasty attitude.

I quickly left where I was standing with tears almost dropping from my eyes. I went to the ladies and washed my face. How'll I be crying for a boy? I don't cry for boys or anyone at all.

When I was sure I was good to go, I left the restroom. The bell for the end of break suddenly rang on my way to class.

"Were you looking for me?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned to see William standing with a huge smile plastered on his face.

I always find it hard to pretend so I didn't even bother pretending.

"No, sorry I wasn't." I said, walking away.

"Hey Zara, what's wrong? Did I do anything wrong?" He asked, holding my right hand.

"No, you didn't. Can I go now?" I took my hand from his and left him there.

I got into class and everyone was preparing for our next class. My mind wasn't even on what the English teacher was teaching. I didn't know why I suddenly felt angry and very emotional.

I was making the kiss a big deal. Besides, we weren't even dating right?

The bell for the end of school soon rang and I left for my hostel. Immediately I got to my room, I took off my uniform and went to the bathroom to have my bath. I did all I needed to do and went down to the dining for lunch.

Derin was sitting at Angela's place on my table while Angela replaced her. I sat down beside her and huffed.

"What's wrong? That huff was real deep." She asked, holding my hand.

"Well, remember when I left the class during break?" She nodded. "I saw William kissing Glory in his class. I just didn't know how to feel."

"Oh my goodness!! You really like William." She squealed, getting the attention of almost everyone in the room. I put my hand on my face and bent my head. " Oh I think that was why he was asking me why you seemed off when he was trying to talk to you."

I scoffed. "I'm not interested in what he has to say. We aren't even together so it's not important." I said, playing with my fingers. Derin was extremely quiet and I had to look at her to know what was going on.

She was looking at me with a big smile on her face. "What? Your smile is creeping me out!"

"You're in love with him but you're still in denial. I'll advice you like a sister, just talk to him about it. It may even be possible that you misinterpreted the situation. I know he loves you too, please don't waste such a nice love story." She giggled at her advice.

I rolled my eyes and got ready for lunch. We were done eating and I left Derin to go and look for Wendy. I really needed to see what she wanted to show us.

I got to her room and her roommates said they haven't seen her anywhere. I told the twins and Derin and we went to look for her round school and the hostel.

When we couldn't find her, we went to our spot to have our normal meetings.

"Where did she disappear to now? So when we need her, we don't see her but when we don't need her, she just shows up. That's fucked up please." Ziora said, hitting her hand on the wall.

I sat down on the bed, biting my lips. "This thing is weird. I know she didn't lift my hopes up for her to just disappear. I feel she knew something very important."

Derin's tab suddenly rang and we all turned to look at her. She looked at the tab and looked at us again.

"It's a video call. Should I pick? What if it's a virus or something?" She said, biting her lips and I knew she was contemplating if she should pick up or not.

"Just do it, Derin. Let's know who's on the other side." Ziora said, walking towards Derin.

Derin picked up her tab and answered the call. We all went to stay behind Derin and we saw Wendy in a small room, shivering. She put on a grey hoodie and her lips were dry.

"Wendy what's going on? Why aren't you in school?" Derin asked.

"I just have a short time to say this. You guys have to be very careful and know that Anita isn't you guy's friend. And I think I know who killed Kay Kay." She said, looking round.

"Who's behind Kay's death?" Ziora asked.

The call began to crack and Wendy's voice became inaudible. Her phone suddenly dropped and a masked figure looked into the camera before the call dropped.

"Guys, I think Wendy is in big trouble." Derin said, with her eyes wide opened and her hands gripping her tab, shakily.

Hey guys, so I got tired of being lazy and I just had to drop this chapter. Thanks for being patient with me. I'll try to update faster now plus the book is almost coming to an end.

So how was this chapter? Hope you liked it. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks guys!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 4 1
This is the first time i write a story so if I have grammatical errors SORRY ok yea TW: IMAGINARY GORE, DEATH, SUIC1DE. 7 students get accepted at th...
188K 46K 98
"Sometimes, you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and love yourself enough to become a new per...
1.3K 345 24
Problems of a teenage girl become far worse than zits or a perfect appearance when she experiences a tragic event at a very young age, which scars he...
50.2K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...