Daddy Issues - Ushijima Wakat...

By saltysenpais

"U-Ushijima san!" Sakura clams her eyes shut and bows in a sincere apology "Gomennasai!" She had shocked Ushi... More

Sakura
Tryouts
Warm Up
Oikawa Tooru
Fateful Event
The Kiss
Injury
Pain
Beginnings
That One Mistake
Confrontation
Steal My Heart Again
A Fight to Remember
Face Off
Comfort
Finals
Beginning and the End
Awkward Encounter
Analysis
Watch and Learn
I Love You 🍋
Brother Dearest
I Dare You
The War
Peace
I Love You More 🍋
The Big Race
Girlfriend
The Dark Side 🍋
Practice
Bad Encounters
Face Off 2.0
See You Again
Spike Away
Death
Distress
Light
Discomfort
Nightmare
Stars 🍋
Camp
Approval
Attention
Peanut Butter JELLY
A Little Twist
The Sniper Special
Go Baby
Nekoma
The Defence With No Holes
Break The High Wall
Fun and Games
Annoyance
Shiratorizawa v/s Nekoma
Run For Your Life
Damages
Anxiety Kills
Battle of the Aces
Only for You
Caught 🍋
Inu
A Date
Brawl
Search
High and Low
Unagi
Meltdown
Follow
Funeral
Mine 🍋
Rebound
Intervention
Babyboy
Bullies
Drama
Team Work
Crash Landing
End of the World
One Bad Day
I Got You Baby 🍋
U-19
New Team
Big Guns
Nationals 2.0
Second Year
Promise
Graduation
Third Year
Brace the Fall
No More Games
A Surprise
Wedding Bells 🍋
Heavy Hearts
Panic
Another One 🍋
Volleyball
Ushijima Satoshi
Last Night 🍋
Olympics
The End

Nationals

14.1K 496 174
By saltysenpais

Ushijima and Sakura silently walked to school the next day.

"Ushijima saaaan" it was the same girl from yesterday waiting for him at the gates and he saw the scowl form on Sakura's face.

"I've been waiting for-"

"Shouldn't you be in class?" He asked.

"Y-yes but I was waiting for you" she cheerfully said. Sakura took it as her cue to walk away but an arm gripped her hand stopping her in her tracks.

"You shouldn't. I don't want to upset my girlfriend" he flatly said pulling Sakura back towards him and Sakura almost stumbled in astonishment. The girl looked at his hand holding hers and at Sakura's face like she saw a ghost.

"G-Girlfriend?"

"You wanted me to hear you out and I did. I don't want to jeopardise our relationship any further." He said "Please excuse us" he politely walked into the gates with Sakura and she hesitantly held his hand back. A small smile appeared on his face knowing that she wasn't distressed anymore.

—————

"Sakura chaaan" she heard a voice hiss at her in a venomous tone as she walked back to class with Yumiko after lunch.

"Looks like you're dating my Ushiwaka after all" Sara smiled maliciously and her minions giggled behind her. "Let me give you some tips then" she walked up to her and held her cup before her Sakura and tilted it towards her spilling her orange juice on Sakura's blazer.

"Ushi doesn't really like trash but it looks like he cut you some slack" she smiled looking at the horror plastered on Sakura's face. Goshiki who was in the other end of the corridor was flabbergasted with the news but he managed to move his legs and run straight to Class 2-C.

One thing for sure. Sakura hated being picked on, she had been picked on all her academic life.

"SARA-"

"It's okay" Sakura softly said holding Yumiko back. She had a different side to her when it came to bullies. They always terrified her.

"Oh, is it? What juice should I get tomorrow then?" She asked and the rest of her group laughed.

"Sakura!" A tall figure made his way through the crowd.

"Ushiwaka, I accidentally spilled my juice on Sak-" she tried playing innocent.

"Leave" he growled taking his blazer off before wrapping Sakura with it.

"Ushi-"

He shot a glare at Sara terrifying her minions.

"Anyone that picks on Sakura..." he advanced towards her as she gulped taking a step back every time he took one forward. "Goes through me first!" He said it loud and clear. The entire corridor was dead silent.

"Sakura..." Kiyomi and the others came to her aid.

"Sara..." he was a different person when he was angry. He was terrifying "If I see you anywhere around my girlfriend you'll be sorry."

Sara was trembling, so were the others. Everyone else there lost their shit when he dropped the "girlfriend" bomb.

He walked back to Sakura "There's barely a week for nationals. You shouldn't be upset" his face softened "Come" he held his hand out for her which she took and walked away leaving everyone aghast.

"Arigato" she fiddled her fingers under the table. They were seated at the cute little cafe close to Shiratorizawa.

"Dont worry about it"

"Should you be skipping class?" She quietly asked.

"Should you be backing down like that?" He said looking at the menu. His looked up from the card when she didn't answer him.

"Thanks for the... blazer" she tried to change the subject.

"Do you like Strawberry shortcake?" He asked and she nodded. He placed their order and Sakura sat there in relief, thinking he wouldn't bring it up again.

"What are you so afraid of?" Looks like he hadn't forgotten

"Well..." she looked around "There was this one time I spoke back..."

"How'd it turn out?"

"Good. They left me alone"

"See? It's not that bad" he said.

"Except I had bubblegum in my hair the next day" she flatly smiled at him and his eyes widened.

"You just get picked on by the wrong ones, don't you?" He sympathised her.

"You have no idea" she scoffed.

"You don't have to worry when I'm here, baby" he smirked and her heart melted. "So how's practice been?" He asked referring to the Nationals next week.

"My muscles are sore" she said.

"Does it hurt too much?" He asked.

"My legs might give up on me anytime soon"

"I could fix them for you" he huskily said wrapping his long fingers around her hand which held a spoonful of shortcake and ate it. She felt her blood rush to her cheeks.

"Umm... I..." she stuttered.

"HEY HEYY HEYYYYY" a voice boomed through the cafe and Sakura jumped in her seat.

"Bokuto san?" She looked around to see him strangling one of his teammates. He heard her voice and his eyes erratically searches for her.

"Sakura chan" his eyes shone bright as he sat beside her "You're as beautiful as ever-"

"Why is he here?" He scowled.

"Because I'm her boyfriend"

"You're dating him?! He's no fun"

"He is!" She defended.

"What are you doing in Miyagi?" Ushijima asked Bokuto.

"Oh, we were just here for a practice match with Karasuno... say, the fixtures are being released today" he had a serious look on his face as Ushijima sat his teammate beside him.

"Hey hey hey! We're here!" He said and the rest of Fukurodani rushed to greet Ushijima and Sakura. But mostly Sakura.

"It's out" Ushijima said and everyone jumped to look at his phone.

"Fukurodani and... Inarizaki?" Ushijima almost laughed in sympathy.

"Awwh maaan..." they all whined. Except for Bokuto.

"So this time we'll beat Inarizaki!" He looked like he had seen Kami himself. He looked so motivated.

"Who are we against?" Sakura interrupted.

"The boys... are against Tokushima" he said.

"That school from Hokkaido... Their serves are amazing" Bokuto said. Ushijima wasn't affected he was rather relieved that their victory was certain.

"The girls are against..." his fingers swiping against the screen checking for the girls' fixtures "Fukurodani?!"

Sakura's breath hitched. They all slowly turned to look at Sakura's bereaved face. "Shit" Akaashi was visibly frowning.

"But they practiced so hard" Bokuto pitied them like they already lost against Shiratorizawa.

"Hey, the games are next week!" Sakura stopped them from underestimating their own team.

"Toshi san..." she hesitantly asked "What about Nekoma?"

"Nekoma... Kaifukan" he said.

"K-Kaifukan? They're always in the semifinals" Sakura looked worried.

"I don't like this one bit." Akaashi scoffed

"This is scary" Sakura said.

Ushijima was the only one with a scowl on his face.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I was hoping for Itachiyama" he blankly said expressing his mind and everyone's jaws dropped.

"I thought he was just stoic. He's crazy too" Bokuto said "So cool"

—————

Walking into the arena at Tokyo was nerve wracking. It smelled like pain sprays and relief patches. They all looked intimidating.

"Fukurodani girls are so tall" Yumiko squealed.

"They don't look so friendly either" Haru whispered.

The corridor fell silent when Shiratorizawa walked in.

"There's the two aces from the U-19 team I told you about"

"Ushijima looks scary"

"That's the sniper, I've seen her in monthly volleyball"

"I heard she's in the U-19 as a regular"

"Man, Wakatoshi is here"

"She's only a first year"

"He's so tall"

"Shit"

Somebody get me a respirator I'M WHEEZING. #1 in Haikyuu and 4 others?? I'm mortified.

I'm so grateful to all of you guys. Every one of you. Thank you very much. My love and prayers to all of you. ♥️

Also, that bubblegum thing is a personal experience so I just wanted to put it in this chapter 🙊💁🏻‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.3K 39
(M.Atsumu x fem!reader) "𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄." L/n Y/n a girl who foolishly falls inl...
388K 19.9K 85
Sasaki Corp was one of the biggest conglomerates originating in Japan, the responsibilities of which had to soon delegated since their beloved chairm...
37.7K 1.5K 35
"don't you have something more fun to do?" yn asked. "what's more fun than studying on friday night?" that wasn't even a lie. [...] "woah, you are w...
206K 8.6K 46
{ Oikawa Tooru Fanfic} ** In which their destinies crossed path in the most illogical and magical way that the both of them could ever imagine. "Y_Y...