How'd You Get This Number...

By superperce_lock

When Peter Parker accidentally sends a quick text to Natasha Romanoff herself, things start to get a little w... More

1 - i broke a street lamp
2 - mystery peter
3 - broken screens and panic attacks
4 - welcome to the group chat
5 - hunger pains
7 - bullet wounds
8 - i'll be fine, mr. stark!
9 - where did it go?
10 - i need you
11 - it's not good
12 - isn't he adorable?
13 - it's okay, peter
14 - i was wrong
15 - top bunk
16 - nowhere to go
17 - are you?
18 - mamaspider
19 - m i n e c r a f t
- hey! -
20 - god of mischief
21 - if only
22 - party time!
23 - beat 'em up, pete!
24 - loki
25 - monster
26 - i lost the kid
27 - alone
28 - hopeless
29 - useless
πŸŽ‰ one year anniversary! πŸŽ‰

6 - internship ?!

36.9K 1K 1.6K
By superperce_lock

Peter
It's school time boisss
...
Is anyone awake?
Who am I kidding, it's 7 AM
Of course no one is gonna be awake
That's fine
I'll just spam you on my way to school
Heyyyy
Hey
Hey
Hey
Hy
Hey
Hey
Ughhh you guys all have your phones on silent
Rude

Wake upppp
Revel in my meme
It's glorious

Old
Good morning!

Peter
Hey, old!

Old
Do I have to be old?

Peter
Hey
The laws of nature are out of my hands

Old
I meant, could you change my name?

Peter
Look back at my last text

Spy
Morning peterrr
How are you

Peter
I'm doing great
Heading to school
Boppin to some posty

Old
Posty?

Peter
Post Malone?

Old
Who?

Spy
music, steve
please tell me you know what music is

Old
I know what music is
And it's not this

Peter
Did you look him up lmao

Old
What is he saying

Peter
Well idk what you're listening to

Old
It's called 'Sunflower'

Peter
Oh I love that song!

Old
I don't understand.
Who is he keeping in check?

Peter
I would explain
Thoroughly
But I'm at school now so I gotta go :p
bye bye

Spy
Adios petey

Old
Someone please explain who he's keeping in check

Spy
*sigh*
Steve steve steve

_______

So, we find out about the internship today! Terrifying, am I right?!

Thankfully, I just barely skipped by Flash this morning. I was already headed to my first period when Ned falls into stride beside me. "Hey, man." We bump fists. "You wanna hang after school?"

"Maybe. We find out about that internship today, so–"

"YES." Ned stops me. "Oh, I'm so excited." He beams. I raise an eyebrow at him. "What, aren't you?"

"I'm more scared than anything." I sigh as I stuff my hands in my pockets. "If I get it and they find out about my secret, I'm dead." I whisper to him with raised eyebrows.

"Yikes." Ned hisses a breath in with clenched teeth. "I guess we'll find out." He shrugs as we walk into first period. Ned sits in the back of the class, while I was sat at the front.

I plop my bag down on the ground beside my chair and take my seat, my mind deep in thought. Even if I do get this internship, I can't accept it! It's too risk, isn't it? I mean, I did apply, so...

Who am I kidding—there's no way I'm even getting offered the internship! I'm probably overthinking all of this for no reason at all.

"Good morning, students." Mr. Harrison waves a hand to the board, where "STARK INTERNSHIP" is still written in big, bold letters. "So, we received feedback from Mr. Stark's review of the applications. Please, before I say anything—know that this was chosen out of the entirety of the student body that applied. So, if you didn't get chosen, please don't feel bad for yourself. Now, unfortunately, he only decided to choose one applicant to join his team." The class all deflates immediately, as if they already know none of them were accepted.

"Who got it?" Flash calls out from the other side of the room. "Tell us!"

"Yeah, come on!" The rest of the class shouts in retaliation.

"Okay, okay!" The teacher waves his hands around to calm down the class. "It was Peter."

Everyone tenses up. "Penis?" Flash scoffs, his eyebrows raised higher than the Empire State Building.

"Yes, Peter." Harrison smiles proudly at me, then attempts to start a pitiful applause. No one else joins. I sit there in shock, my jaw practically on the floor.

Me? Of all people?! I flip around and make panicked eye contact with Ned.

"You start after school." Harrison finishes with a clap of his hands. He wanders over and leaves a sheet of paper on my desk. "Now, class, turn to page..."

My mind is chuckled far, far away from the classroom as my mind weaves in and out of all the dangers I now find myself in. I am going to be working mano-e-mano with New York's finest superheroes.

What have I gotten myself in to?

The paper in front of me stores information on where to go and who to see after school, as well as an acceptance letter from Stark himself.

Am I insane?!

We go through the rest of the school day like usual, my mind still stuck in a heavy cloud of thoughts. Ned won't shut about the internship, no matter how many times I ask him to. Lunch goes by, and the next thing we know, it's the end of the day.

Looking down at the paper, I see at the top of the schedule that it says '2:30 PM - Pick up with Happy.'

Happy? Does he have some kind of moral requirement?

"Hey, you get what this means?" I show it to Ned as we walk out the main exit of the school.

Ned stares at it for a minute, "No idea."

I sigh heavily as we come across the many lines of cars. Which one? "I'll text you later."

"Good. I need all the juicy details!" Ned shouts back as he starts his walk back to his house.

I turn back down to look at the info page. Now, let's see here...

__Spy's contact__

Peter
Hey
What does an adi look like

Spy
A what?

Peter
Oh my bad
An audi

Spy
Oh
Color?

Peter
Black

Spy
...

Peter
Thank youuu

Spy
Why are you asking

Peter
Apparently it's my ride to the internship

Spy
You got it?!

Peter
YeAH I DID

Spy
PETER THAT'S GREAT

Peter
THANKS MOM

Spy
but please be careful getting into unknown cars lmao

Peter
I can handle myself

Spy
Can you?

Peter
Oh
You have no idea

Spy
I don't?
do you have something to tell me?

Peter
Oh, would you look at that!
Haha 😅
My ride's here!

Spy
Don'T RUN FROM ME PETER

PETER
BYE MOM

SPY
GET BACK HERE

__Peter__

Phewph—close call!

I spot a black audi parked in the line of cars. "Hi!" I smile nervously as the driver rolls the window down.

"Are you Peter?" The man in the driver's seat asks. He has brown hair, with a little bit of facial hair.

"Yeah!" I reply with enthusiasm, which only seems to annoy the man more.

"Get in." He sighs and unlocks the back door. This is definitely sketchy.

___

Peter
Mom
If I die
Know that i love you

Spy
What
What's goin on

Peter
This seems sketchy lmao
I'm getting in a weird car with a stranger

Spy
What's his name?

Peter
Happy

__Nat__

I roll my eyes. It's literally just Happy!

I get it though. He hasn't met him before.

So, that also means Peter is on his way...here.

Shit.

My eyes widen as I realize something—he'll know I'm a part of the Avengers if he sees me here. He didn't recognize me as Black Widow or Clint as Hawkeye when we met him in person the other day, but I know it'd click when he sees us with the rest of the Avengers. As odd as it sounds, people don't know what the Avengers really look like under the masks and suits. We rarely ever make public appearances anymore, so no one recognizes us. Except for Tony, of course.

But I know for sure that if Peter saw me or Clint as Avengers at the Tower, he'd put two and two together. Especially if we were wearing our suits.

I was hesitant to even share my name with the kid, let alone meet him in person. Him knowing our 'secret' identities would be way too much information.

I run into Clint eating a lollipop and playing video games in the living room, "Hey, Peter's on his—" I stop myself.

Clint doesn't know about Peter's internship, does he? No, because Peter only told me about it!

So none of the other Avengers know. And Clint and I are the only ones who know what he looks like.

Clint's head flips around, an eyebrow raised. He pulls the lollipop out of his mouth, "What?"

How do I tell him this? Friday is literally everywhere. No privacy. That's one of the things I hate about this tower. "I'll text you." I nod to him and whip out of my phone.

___

Nat
Peter got the internship with tony

Clint
HeE WHAT

Nat
Yup
He applied a few days ago

Clint
Well that's great

Nat
None of the other avengers know though
You can't tell them

Clint
Why not?

Nat
They can't know Peter is literally working in the building

Clint
w h y n o t

Nat
Because we'd definitely be putting that kid in danger if he got mixed up with us

Clint
Wouldn't he be safer if he knew who we are?

Nat
This kid has no idea who he's messaging
It's dangerous for him

Clint
We're cool, nat
I don't see the problem

Nat
CLINT
HE'S GONNA KNOW WE'RE SUPERHEROES

Clint
Well
I wouldn't call us superheroes
😏🙄

Nat
IT DOESN'T MATTER
he already knows our names and what we look like
two boundaries already broken
We cannot let him know we're a part of the avengers

Clint
Whyyyyyy
We'd be the cooool parents

Nat
Don't care
But he's gonna know if he sees us

Clint
Are you saying we have to avoid him?

Nat
Sadly
Yes

Clint
Oh Nat
You know how bad I am at keeping a secret

Nat
Oh I know
You don't need to remind me about budapest

Clint
Do I though?

Nat
Just avoid the kid

__Peter__

Not sure where Nat went or why she stopped replying, but one awkward car ride later, and we're at the Avengers Tower.

I thank Mr. Happy and make my way into the Tower. Okay, the next item on the list tells me to show this paper to the receptionist.

I walk up to the front desk. "Hi!" I smile brightly at her. She has her chocolate brown hair tied tightly into a ponytail, and glasses sitting on her nose. "I'm here for the internship with Mr. Stark?"

After a moment of having her head dipped in a stack of papers, she finally looks up and adjusts her glasses. "Yes!" She exclaims and moves quick to find a specific paper. "Peter, right?" She asks, squinting at the paper.

"Yup." I hum quietly and loop my thumbs in my backpack straps.

"Here's your access card." She passes me a small piece of plastic, almost like a credit card. "Don't lose it. Mr. Hogan will throw a hissy fit it you lose it."

"Mr. Hogan?" I scrunch my eyebrows at her.

"Oh, Happy." She smiles and gestures to the entrance, where I had entered directly from Happy's car. "He's head of security here at SI."

Wait, so—Tony Stark had the head of security pick me up from school...?

Oh my god. I am so embarrassed. I could've just walked! Why did he sent the head of security to pick me up from school?

I feel my anxiety level rise even higher somehow. "Thanks." I smile kindly at the receptionist.

"My pleasure." She sighs heavily, smiling, then returns back to her outrageously high stack of papers. I wander up to the elevator, questioning my life when I see there's no button. What? How do I get inside?

Suddenly, the elevator doors slide open. I step inside, my arms clutched to my side just in case something unexpected happens.

"Hello," A delicate, Irish voice bounces through the air. It's as if she's searching for my name. "Peter." She finishes.

"Uh, hello." I reply confusedly. "Not to be rude, because I don't mean to be rude at all! But, who are you?" I ask as I look around the elevator. I'm the only one in here...?

"My name is Friday, I'm Mr. Stark's Artificial Intelligence." She replies. So, she's in the ceiling? COOL!

"WOW." I gape, the widest smile imaginable spread across my face.

"Would you like me to take you to Mr. Stark's personal lab?"

"Uh..." I trail, peeping down at the schedule in my hand. "Yup." I finish with another bright smile. "Thank you!"

The elevator immediately shoots upwards, and I have to balance myself for a moment due to the speed. Why is it so fast?

___

Peter
I'm here
This is so exciting
lmgomgomgomgomgoh

Spy
Don't get yourself killed
I heard they have assassins living there

Peter
Oh like black widow?
I heard she's one badass bitch

Spy
You're damn right

Peter
The eleVATOR IS STOPPING
ILL TEXT SOON

Spy
HAVE FUN

Peter
HEHEHE THANKS MOM

__Peter__

The elevator doors slide open with a futuristic 'swoosh'. Immediately, ACDC's Back in Black booms in the room, leading me to cover my ears in slight pain. Yup, way too loud.

A man has his back turned to me. He's wearing a t-shirt covered in car oil and a pair of blue jeans. I can see multiple tools and scraps of metal scattered on the table in front of him, just waiting to be tinkered into something Stark worthy.

"Hello?" I call out, trying to speak over the loud music. No response. "Hello!" I say, louder.

I step in, admiring the sheer architecture of the mechanic's lab. Disassembled cars and Ironman suits are scattered throughout the room, with hundreds of different tools spread along tables. Holographic designs hang in the air, much to my amazement.

I walk up to the man. Why am I so nervous? More importantly: why am I so sweaty? Oh, yeah—anxiety!

As gently as I can, I tap the man's shoulder. He flips around, an Ironman glove on his hand, glowing and ready to blast me right in the face at any second.

"Woah!" I place my palms up in surrender.

Almost instinctually, the volume turns down. "Who are you?" He asks. I can see slight fear in his eyes. Did I really scare him that bad?

"I'm your new intern." I stutter out. "From Midtown Tech?"

Realization dawns on him, "Oh!" He laughs. "Welcome." He clasps a hand on my shoulder and reaches to shake my hand with the Ironman glove. "I'm Tony."

Well, this is gonna be fun.

_____

I promise to have more nat next chapter ;)
and more texting

-stir fry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 4K 70
"It is my duty and an honor for my family and my future kingdom." "But, what is you want to do?" You have been best friends with T...
369K 7.9K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
23.7K 295 11
The Avengers get a DVD after Civil War (Endgame and Infinity war don't happen) where they all reconcile, they see what Natasha got up to after Civil...
59.3K 2K 84
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...